Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Things that happened in comics that made you go "wtf?!"

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some things that made you go "wtf?!?!" after reading them?

Can be gross, epic, stupid, creepy etc. As long as it gave you that wtf feeling

off the top of my head, the twincest from Ultimate wanda and pietro

No Caption Provided

And Wolverine killing the entire x-men roster coz that's the biggest BS i've ever seen

No Caption Provided

Also, tug of war with Stryfe

No Caption Provided

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All of X of Swords...

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pedo vibes xavier. He was teaching her since her earlier teen years so...sketchy AFFFF

Also wtf is Jean's face it looks like it was flattened by a bus

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, yes, Stryfe can probably fill a whole list on his own, buts let’s stick with the greatest hits. Like Blind Man McGee here.

No Caption Provided

Thinking ten steps ahead of a telepath. So what if the first function of a telepath is to read every thought that comes into your head. It would have been a better belief to give psi-shields or training to hide ones thoughts. Nope. This fool thinks ten steps ahead of a what a telepath reads. That’s totally a thing that happens usually.

No Caption Provided

X of Swords contests definitely had strange challenges, though we love ourselves drunk Storm. Work that runway!

No Caption Provided

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol i have tons does it have to be in an x book or can it be from any comic

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the wolverine one was because he was acting quick and they were close corners and wasn't fighting back iceman is the only one who was kind of bs because wolverine actually couldn't physically kill

he has killed a team of x-men in issue 1 of his solo series and he done it in a what if too which was just as canon as the one you posted so not really that bad considering

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marvelfan1992

@comic_book_fan: well preferably x-books but if you have some really ridiculous ones from other stuff go ahead lol

Here's another one of mine. Rachel alters her genes and turns into a fucking dinosaur

No Caption Provided

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean grey dying and coming back like 26 times

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By marvelfan1992

@mcflicky said:

Jean grey dying and coming back like 26 times

around 7 or so happened in this one issue lol

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
    ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The Old Man Logan part becomes 100% times more insulting when you realised that instead of using an illusionist villain that already has a grudge with the X-Men like Mastermind, Millar decided to use Mysterio, a villain who A) his illusions weren't as powerful as Mastermind's, so Logan should have been able to realised something was wrong a lot sooner, and B) even if Mysterio becomes more powerful than ever, why use him instead of the X-Men villain who can do the same? Yes he was dead at the time, but her daughters were around, they had the same powers and were also villains.

I think Millar just wanted to have the whole X-Men team slaughtered so Logan could spend his whole crappy series brooding. Old Man Logan in general is a pretty bad comic.

The Stryfe part on X-Factor for me is not so much WTF instead of LOL.

If I had to pick a WTF moment myself it would probably be from Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. Aaron wanted to do something quirky, but instead he did things that went from insulting to horrifying. Among the insulting things the worst was everything he did to Paige.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And then there was the whole Kitty get pregnant with the Brood, which was both horrifying and gross.

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else get incestual undertones from X-Men: Legacy?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not an X-Men one, but I think there was a comic where some random guy french kissed Lois Lane because he "mistook her for his sister."

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-Men 123 has this:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

That time when Osborn raped Gwen Stacy.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like almost every romantic relationship in X-Men comics during the 80s was pretty bizarre. I guess the creators dealt with some hefty sexual repression.

Nightcrawler dates his adoptive sister.

Colossus, who was about 19, becomes romantically interested in a girl who just entered puberty.

Cyclops marries and has a kid with a girl who looks exactly like his dead girlfriend. Then when said girlfriend comes back, he ditches the look alike and barely feels bad about it.

Rape or some sort of sexual abuse is often implied, specifically when someone is mind controlled or captured, which happens all the time.

Everyone eventually winds up in some sort of bondage.

Empath forces two Xavier institute employees to go have sex in the woods for like a week.

Cypher, who was supposed to be around Kitty's age (early to mid teens) had a flirtatious relationship with Psylocke, who was supposed to be in her mid twenties at least.

So, you have pedophilia/statutory rape, sexual assault and incest (sort of).

Why did Wertham try to get these things banned again??

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like almost every romantic relationship in X-Men comics during the 80s was pretty bizarre. I guess the creators dealt with some hefty sexual repression.

Nightcrawler dates his adoptive sister.

Colossus, who was about 19, becomes romantically interested in a girl who just entered puberty.

Cyclops marries and has a kid with a girl who looks exactly like his dead girlfriend. Then when said girlfriend comes back, he ditches the look alike and barely feels bad about it.

Rape or some sort of sexual abuse is often implied, specifically when someone is mind controlled or captured, which happens all the time.

Everyone eventually winds up in some sort of bondage.

Empath forces two Xavier institute employees to go have sex in the woods for like a week.

Cypher, who was supposed to be around Kitty's age (early to mid teens) had a flirtatious relationship with Psylocke, who was supposed to be in her mid twenties at least.

So, you have pedophilia/statutory rape, sexual assault and incest (sort of).

Why did Wertham try to get these things banned again??

I mean, to give Scott credit, he felt a little more than barely bad and Madelyne did never fully apologize for punching him that one time, which they never bring up again.

It used to grind my gears, but now I take more issue with just simply not taking his family with him, rather than the fact that he went to see Jean.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

I mean, to give Scott credit, he felt a little more than barely bad and Madelyne did never fully apologize for punching him that one time, which they never bring up again.

It used to grind my gears, but now I take more issue with just simply not taking his family with him, rather than the fact that he went to see Jean.

Didn't she punch him because he kept accusing her of secretly being Jean,?? LOL

I was just being facetious, as per usual. I understand that the actions of Cyclops are done because of editorial forcing Jean to come back and putting the original X-men back together, however, Simonson just handled it poorly. Cyclops just leaves and Madelyne goes missing and he was just like "meh". She should have had Scott and Madelyne fight over Scott returning to the super hero life and Madelyne kicks him out, and from there, shit hits the fan and then Madelyne goes missing. And they should have held off on Jean and Scott getting back together til later. It's sort of all bunk either way because Cyclops marrying a woman that looked exactly like his dead girlfriend makes him look like an obsessive weirdo.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PyroFN

@cattlebattle said:
    @pyrofn said:

Didn't she punch him because he kept accusing her of secretly being Jean,?? LOL

I was just being facetious, as per usual. I understand that the actions of Cyclops are done because of editorial forcing Jean to come back and putting the original X-men back together, however, Simonson just handled it poorly. Cyclops just leaves and Madelyne goes missing and he was just like "meh". She should have had Scott and Madelyne fight over Scott returning to the super hero life and Madelyne kicks him out, and from there, shit hits the fan and then Madelyne goes missing. And they should have held off on Jean and Scott getting back together til later. It's sort of all bunk either way because Cyclops marrying a woman that looked exactly like his dead girlfriend makes him look like an obsessive weirdo.

Nah, it only happened that one time.

Agreed on the second point. I have always said that Scott was just about as obsessed over Jean as Wolverine was. I still love Scott and Jean’s dynamic, but I call it like I see it. Though looking at this thread, that would be low on the totem pole of weirdness The X-Men writing gets into......

@koays always joked how the Summers family kind of keeps their love lives in the family. Noting Alex and Madelyne as a prime example. It’s funny how the writers gloss over that little tidbit. Like is Madelyne’s personality really so attractive that he is able to treat Jean like a completely different person, despite not only looking like Madelyne, but acting like Madelyne before she lost her marbles?

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The jean/logan/scott triangle on krakoa is just weird now. It seems like they ALL are intimate.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f
    deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron having Thor date Phoenix but then revealing that Phoenix is Thor's mom.

Mangog dying in the sun.

Thanos getting hurt by Ikaris

Avatar image for applekidthethird
    Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything from all star batman and robin.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything from all star batman and robin.

I'm the GODDAMN BATMAN.

To be frank (sorry), most of Miller's post 2000 works have been like that.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
    Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Applekidthethird

@theinsufferable: dude probably boinked his head on something and then went full brain dead mode

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: im sorry but i have to.....lol

scott being a waffler, he choses jean, no wait its emma, but then jean alive again so yeah jean but o of logan and emma too.......LOL

@koays so i win this close thread

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.