Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The Gifted

• 162 results
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Once again these things are not progressive enough. They need to do something about the format of these shows if they want more success. Same with comics. Nothing is wrong with the content of the show itself. The execution and adaptation is great but there's a larger problem here

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@hawk2916: I'll agree. Honestly the problem with the show is that it's to "problem of the week" based. When it should be more character and narative driven. I get why they do it how they do since its a weekly show with a need to entertain old viewers so they don't leave and grasp the attention of New viewers.

But at the same time I would something less formulaic, perhaps in the vein of a netflix show or even one of the AMC or Cable dramas so that we could have an episode of pure drama or that really dig into the complexity of things (let's have a couple episodes about the characters without seeing Sentinel services just exploring one of the subplots indepth) without a fear of not being exciting enough for new viewers at first glance.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah. And really that's part of the issue. TV viewership is down all around anyway no matter what itnis.

First off they really don't take into account the fact hardly nobody tunes in at a particular time every night to watch a show anymore. People these days DVR everything and if many are like me, I don't like waiting a while week to see what happens next. Because of the I will actually wait to compile at least 6 episodes or so, sometimes the whole season and then sit down watch when I want without having to wait. Nothing is worse than getting all set for your show but finding out that this week is no new episode because of whatever issue so now it's two weeks until the next one. I normally windup forgetting what's supposed to be happening anyway. The Netflix model of having the whole season of a show available for watching is really hurting live TV which in turn one if the reasons the FCC has constantly been trying to repeal Net neutrality. Even the Hulu model with Runaways of putting the first 3 or 4 episodes out there and then going to the weekly format works better.

Trying to constantly spark interest in new viewers is a problem, coincidentally the same problem exist in comics. It's the bird in hand philosophy yet they keep ignoring it. I've come in on the middle of a season before after maybe hearing how good a certain show is, but I don't just start in the middle. I go back and watch the other episodes to get myself caught up. Who comes into the middle of something and then expects everything to be catered to them? That's like a person walking into a movie after it started an hour ago and now getting mad because nobody will tell them what's happening. So companies need to trust that new viewers will get what they need thru other means as opposed to having every episode catered to bring someone else in.

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Really liking the show so far. The Fenris reveal was probably my favorite part so far.

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Mid-season trailer:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
    deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie, Esme soloing the sentinel guys was honestly so satisfying especially with what happened that episode

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felt alot like Emma manipulating everyone in IVX

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

They probably drew inspiration from it.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that was brutal. It was pretty apparent Esme would do whatever it took to rescue her sisters, even at the detriment of the rest of the Mutant Underground. Looks like this new dynamic will challenge the the dream of coexistence in the vein of Xavier's vision vs. Magneto's, but can the Cuckoos be trusted once Esme's manipulation is brought to light? Will this create a divide among the team?

Poor Sonja :,(

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njchrispatrick: Looks good. Nice find. This show is doing some good things for sure. I hope it lasts

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus....please stop this from being canceled

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: is it being cancelled?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've watched a couple episodes and got to say I'm struggling to be interested.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: not yet. But with the ratings and the buy out....

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

First off the 3 in 1 are incredible, and then to add purifiers! omg when this gets canceled ima cry

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaaybe we'll at least get a 2nd season. The buyout's gonna take some time.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Renewed for a 2nd season!!!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the lack of budget is really showing... I guess I was in denial before.

That said, they develop some interesting ideas. Really want to find out the Inner Circle is going to be. I guess that is reserved for the season final.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm: It does need more love with green presidential faces.... It's diving into some really interesting myth arc stuff though which is making the show less reliant on special effects and more reliant on conversations, which aside from the Strucker family seems to be it's strongest point.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@adamtrmm: It does need more love with green presidential faces.... It's diving into some really interesting myth arc stuff though which is making the show less reliant on special effects and more reliant on conversations, which aside from the Strucker family seems to be it's strongest point.

Yea the purifiers, come on! alot of other really good stuff too

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: honestly it is the lowest budgeted comic show at a glance and it hurts to see that even the Runaways which is also a great (mostly dialogue) comic show is putting it's budget to much better use. Like Polaris is supposed to be a heavy hitter and closing a giant metal safe from across the room is a big deal and the only real effect used that episode is green magnet glow....

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mcklayn: honestly it is the lowest budgeted comic show at a glance and it hurts to see that even the Runaways which is also a great (mostly dialogue) comic show is putting it's budget to much better use. Like Polaris is supposed to be a heavy hitter and closing a giant metal safe from across the room is a big deal and the only real effect used that episode is green magnet glow....

i was against gifted from the start......welcome to the brotherhood friend LOL I just cant stand it cause it all about polaris(shes alot more crazy in the comics) might as well be called "the polaris show" ugh

even Inhumans has better effects then both shows mentioned above........

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

i was against gifted from the start......welcome to the brotherhood friend LOL I just cant stand it cause it all about polaris(shes alot more crazy in the comics) might as well be called "the polaris show" ugh

even Inhumans has better effects then both shows mentioned above........

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then....

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By McKlayn
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:

@koays: LOL i see spots

inhumans was horrible dont be silly

Also i missed the season finale but ill watch it later today

inhumans were horrible? i feel sorry for medusa, she got her hair cut off and couldnt use her powers but was still bad$$$ queen......blackbolt's brother went bad and cut medusa's hair after she wouldnt join him........blackbolt's brothers name is maximus

Although crystal and lockjaw were always hanging out way too much

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG!!! The season finale was AWWEEESSSSSOOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy there's another season on the horizon, but man that finale was a straight up mess. The guy playing Thunderbird looks great with his shirt off, but seriously needs to beef up his acting chops cuz he's a seriously weak link...and the forced romance with Blink is just so stupid. (to me) Polaris and Eclipse just kept talking in circles over and over which was exhausting, as was the in-fighting with the Strucker kids where it was sooooooo painfully obvious he was gonna defect to the Hellfire side. I was excited to see Evangeline Whedon, though that may be the only time we even see her partially transform into her dragon form. I need an actual X-Man on screen, stat, or I fear the 2nd season will be the last.

Daredevil808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OMG!!! The season finale was AWWEEESSSSSOOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!

Yes!!! i'm looking forward to season 2

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: i agree. thunderbird should not wear a shirt on the next season

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PyroFN

I’m late to the party, but oh my goodness, the Cuckoos are the Emma we never got from First Class. This actress needs to be brought to the actual big screen. I also like the glowing eye effect and the way they have the girls talk.

Anyone agree?

@hawk2196, @thunderscream, @darthphoenix, daredevil808, @mcklayn

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays said:

It does need more love with green presidential faces.... It's diving into some really interesting myth arc stuff though which is making the show less reliant on special effects and more reliant on conversations, which aside from the Strucker family seems to be it's strongest point.

You know, it made me appreciate Legion so much more. Despite my subjective reasons, objectively, they made a magnificent job over their budgetary limitations. Now, the problem with Gifted is that they do have some concepts, actors (they do look the part, though Thunderbird needs to buff up) and setting, they lack something I find myself being extremely annoyed with and it's not just SFX/CGI. Their conflicts and disputes are extremely repetitive, relationships are obligatory, and reactions are overblown or completely lacking, without any proper context. It became obvious with the ending and Polaris' OTT behavior there. "Look she's Mags' daughter, but hey we'll never outright say that! lolz at you" I don't feel like her arc naturally got there, her time in prison wasn't even that extreme to generate such hostility, I mean the whole back and forth argument didn't even feel really well fleshed out. And you don't need budget to get motivations and character development right, it's something beyond that. I'm all for complex antiheroes, and I do know that "us vs. them" is sadly an immortal argument, but as of now the Gifted aren't really doing that good of a job providing it the needed gravitas in my opinion.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was pleasantly surprised with "The Gifted", at first when I watched the trailer I thought it was dull and did not interest me at all.

A few days ago I decided to give it a try and I have to say I really enjoyed the show. The whole storyline on where they explored the human and mutant discrimination elevated the show and it was nice seeing that it is part of the main plots of the story (compared to in the movies) and even dug deeper related it to current social issues.

Personally I think the characters are great, majority of them are interesting and my favorite is Blink and Thunderbird.

Overall I believe they did a great job at it and I am now hooked and cant wait for season 2.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I’m kinda disappointed that that red headed mutant last season wasn’t Rachel. A Rachel vs Cuckoos battle would be awesome.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I’m kinda disappointed that that red headed mutant last season wasn’t Rachel. A Rachel vs Cuckoos battle would be awesome.

You mean the one in the cage? pfft thank god.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I mean 812 Rachel was kind of in the same situation at first wasn’t she ?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elpendejo: Eh, Honestly it's just that that character was very weak and very forgettable. Rachel Grey would literally be the biggest name in the series after Polaris....she could be introduced much better

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Well I guess we don’t need another telepath to beat the cuckoos anyway.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elpendejo: Woah, i didn;t say that. I love the Cuckoos especially in this show, but if they go down it has to be to another Psychic...especially since this is the X-Men Franchise home to...Xavier, Jean, Emma, Rachel, Psylocke, Cable, X-Man, Exodus, Blindfold, No-Girl, Monet, Mastermind, Sinister, Madelyn Prior, Lady Mastermind, Lady Mastermind again, Cassandra Nova, Selene, Stryfe, Azazel, Shadow King, Moonstar and that one girl who can communicate with deer. SOMEONE better be introduced to fight them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Judging by Esmes protrayal in episode 2, I feel like she’s gonna betray the inner circle. I hope not though, I really wanted to see them go against another psychic. I wonder which one would it be though.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esme does feel like a traitor, i could see them building up to a split in the group i hope not though, Id like to see some more Mutants introduced but not flood the landscape

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Agreed. They sort of need to stabilize the cast of good guys and slightly expand the villains beyond the Cuckoos and one other person.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
    plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which timeline does gifted belong?

Sentinel timeline or apocalypse timeline??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.