The Gifted

• 162 results
#1 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

As Requested a thread for the show, keep in mind guys that this is a thread to discuss opinions and ideas on what is happening with the show. So there is a good chance their will be spoilers in the replies so if you haven't watched it you may not want to read.

I personally have really enjoyed it, the second episode i thought was incredible i loved what they did with Blink's powers and I am sure they will explore her history a bit more as we go, i bet the Road she was opening a portal to has something to do with it. The interaction with Eclipse and the Mother (can't remember her name)

I also think that the other woman who spoke a lot in the second episode was Sage, which really excited me if it is. I love the way they took time to explore the environment and hate mutants get in every day life, also the Special Effects are alot better than most people seemed to think they would be and compared to idk some random super hero show like Inhumans (totally random choice here) the show looks 100 times better so thats great. Heres to hoping we stay on track

#2 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really enjoying it...and it's a lot cheaper and easier to follow then comics so now I have something to talk about on here again.

#3 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

I'm really enjoying it...and it's a lot cheaper and easier to follow then comics so now I have something to talk about on here again.

Well whatever gets the Mutant god back to his people (i mean if i was mutant god i wouldn't be so lack luster with my duties but meh ) <.<

#4 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: God is always working Mcklayn. Even if you don't always see him he is there.

#5 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Even God can't stop institutional stupidity. Marvels gonna Marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#7 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Jean is coming back. They're going to phase Rachel out soon.

ಥ◡ಥ

#8 Posted by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, it's Prestige :P

#9 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93: @adamtrmm: Keep playing with me guys. I let the fandom be when Duke died. Anything happens to Rachel and it's WW3. Every X-fandom gets it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#10 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

We got a love triangle, boys and girls!

#11 Posted by time1 (6432 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show so far. I only watch the first 2 episodes, but I like Blink, Polaris and Thundbird . There interesting. I don't care about the family though. Even though Acker and Moyer are good actors.

I liked Eclipse too. I hope they add more mutants from the X-Men universe.

#12 Posted by PyroFN (6605 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93: The one time Sprior would support Jean Grey is to get under @Koays skin. Don’t know how to feel about it.

#13 Posted by PyroFN (6605 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Who is Duke? Why was he so important to the point that his death made you slack off on your duties? And why is Sprior’s begrudging support of Jean so conflictingly satisfying to watch?!!!

#14 Edited by PyroFN (6605 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic, the latest episode gave me better insight on this shows OC, Eclipse. Star based powers?

Anyways, I’m really intrigued to see Beautiful Dreamer here after learning that she was a Morlock with not a big history, yet she is prominently featured here. Her powerset is being used interestingly too. Love what they are doing with Blink.

Edit: I’m also liking the sisters powerset. The brother seems like a male Jean Grey with Magnetoes ideologies. That kind of annoys me, because he is very reckless.

#15 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Duke is what my auto correct changes Cyke to in order to spare me from my pain

#16 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@pyrofn: Duke is what my auto correct changes Cyke to in order to spare me from my pain

Also the leader of GI Joe so i can dig that, they killed him too early in the movies <.<

The third episode btw was good too, I am not feeling Sage atm though and curious how they have modified their powers

On the subject of modified powers, Thunderbirds tracking where he can see events of the past (it has a technical name i don't feel like looking up) is a very nice addition for a TV show that can really take advantage of the visual I Approve

#17 Edited by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: I think it's psychometry but I missed the last episode so I'm going off your description

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really enjoying the show so far, although I wonder if Andy will become an Anti hero or a villain in a future episode?

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
#19 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (7168 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: he (Thunderbird) doesn't have to touch anything to do it, visually it's more like retrocognition, but I'm guessing they just want us to have an actual image instead of him just saying what his senses are picking up.

#20 Posted by darthphoenix (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they'll be having rachel in. ahab will be the villain in the upcoming episodes

#21 Posted by tholovar (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rachel is going to stay. For a while at least. Marvel has gotten so many alternate reality figures and clones running around, they are going to have to reboot their universe soon. think about it, Mile Morales, Spider-Gwen, A Spidey Clone, 2 Storms, 2 Wolverines, a Wolverine Clone, 2 sons of Wolverine of which one is an alternate reality guy. 2 Beasts (maybe 3 if DB is still around), 2 Angels, 2 Icemen, an alternate reality Cyclops who is on two different teams, 2 Jeans and an Alt Reality Daughter. (is that alt reality daughter of Cyclops from X-Factor still around?, A "semi-real" Steve Rogers", because the real one was turned into a Nazi. And these are the ones I just know about.

But back on topic. I like Gifted so far. It really surprises me that of the three best Marvel TV shows, 2 are X-Men ones (the other is Daredevil). Not quite sure how many episodes it will have. I hope only 12 or 13. As 22 episodes just drags a show down. And even 13 can be too many for some shows as Jessica Jone and Luke Cage showed. I like Amy Acker, but I do hope she starts to do more than whine.

#22 Posted by Invain (5150 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the second episode today. I didn't think it was as good as the first. I liked the stuff with Polaris, but the plotline with Blink felt like filler. I might watch the third one tonight.

#23 Posted by DevilMayehm666 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@invain: They just wanted to show she got the scar.

Man, I sound like the Joker.

#24 Posted by Invain (5150 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666: I didn't even notice the scar. I got kind of distracted towards the end of the episode and must not of been paying close enough attention. It still seems like something minor to justify an episode long plot.

#25 Posted by Thunderscream (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooo Episode 3 was pretty good. I'm....confused about the necessity of the cartel and what they actually did to help Eclipse...was it just to get the van? Cuz, y'all coulda just hot-wired a van. I get Eclipse is original to the series and they need to build his back-story, just doesn't seem like there was any payoff, at least not yet. His ex-girl/new cartel boss, Carmen is fierce, though.

And then there was Pulse. Despite Pulse not having much of a backstory, he's closely tied to Mystique and Rogue...and even though I'm sure the show won't explore his actual origin, I'd be curious, especially since her husband is the top billed protagonist, if Anna Paquin might make a cameo as Rogue. Although I know lots of people were not too thrilled by her previous X-performances, she's no stranger to television and I think it'd be pretty cool if in this altered timeline she might be a member/leader of either the Brotherhood or the MLF...hmmmm?

I know the show is falling into the trapping of "the twins are special" and I just have to say...isn't it pretty lazy to just have them use their powers in unison and do it perfectly the first time? In the essence of time for a single episode, I get it...but there was too much convenience here. At this point, the kids are the least interesting part of the show. I hope they get abducted, brainwashed and become evil.

PS Jamie Chung's Blink is awesome!

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw the sixth episode and it was pretty interesting, although the whole Blink, Dreamer and Johnny love triangle is starting to wear me down. I also wonder what's going on with Lauren and that boy!

#27 Posted by jmc247 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

No ep this week, but one next week. Esme and her sisters cometh.

#28 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmc247 said:

No ep this week, but one next week. Esme and her sisters cometh.

Sisters really?

#29 Edited by HAWK2916 (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show. It's definitely infinitely better than Inhumans.

#30 Edited by weatherwitch21 (799 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

The last episode wasn't bad at all I must say...

#32 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just trying to find out if we're getting more Cuckoo's or an Emma Frost appearance. They can't just name drop the Hellfire club like that and then go on hiatus. (Though I feel they probably won't be moving past the Sentinel plotline as the sole antagonist until at least season 2)

#33 Posted by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays:

The other Cuckoos seem more believable. Btw, what hiatus? The next episode should air the next week, according to IMDb at least...

#34 Posted by njchrispatrick (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Yea, but then we don't get any until like January 11th or so

#35 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Yea but I feel like the shady behavior of Esme really only works if they plan to keep her around on her own or introduce the other Cuckoo's as part of a larger exploration of the mutant playing field. I mean Esme is the closest thing to a second mutant side in the show and that's just because she's clearly out for her own agenda. I mean I love where the show is at with its "Sentinel vs the Underground" main plot and the "Strucker/mutant lab" background plot. But I feel like as far as world building we need to see a hint of something bigger than, every mutant is a refugee or a member of the underground...we haven't even seen many regular mutants that aren't pursued, so I would really like to see a bit more diversity in the mutant life shown in the second half of the season. I mean things like the X-Men and Brotherhood can be looked at much further down the line, but it would be awesome if say the Cuckoo's are reunited and disappear with the allusion being that the same Hellfire club that the X-men supposedly sent into hiding might still be active now that there.are no.heroes.

#36 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: yea she kept saying "her family" in the last episode so i expect to see the other cuckoos at least two more, maybe hint that some of them were killed and their used to be more. Esme is very shady and i love it, I am sure we will get some Evil Mutants pretty soon she seems to be the foot in the door so to speak

#37 Posted by rahiem9123 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

Well shit, I can honestly say I didn't see that coming at all. I was positive the episode was going to end with the Strucker kids using their power and annihilating a bunch of Sentinel Services mooks with Dreamer ending up as collateral damage. I'm even more surprised that it was Andy who stopped it from happening, but I kind of like it.

#38 Posted by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays:

Maybe they'll be picking up their origins which basically revealed they are a weapon of mutant mass destruction so she a sleeping agent infiltrated? That would also explain a classic misdirecting plot where she gives away a "wrong" sleeping agent to gain the Underground's trust? At the same time, her motivation and justification for her shady actions works more than fine even if she isn't. I dunno, we shall see. But finally this show gains some momentum, because tbf outside of couple of interesting ideas and characters, it was really not that exciting. Yeah, I agree with you though, if they can maintain said momentum and prop up their game from now on, we can get something really great with both world building and twists.

#39 Edited by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by njchrispatrick (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I believe there are 13. However, there is a break between the 10th and the 11th of about three weeks. I could be wrong though, that's just what it says on my guide.

#41 Posted by MasterOfEvil (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling it now. Sentinel Services is full of Prime Sentinels. Remember them???

No Caption Provided

#42 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

So, if Disney is going taking over the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchise, then what's going to happen to shows like the Gifted and Legion?

#43 Posted by HAWK2916 (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: Hopefully they will do even better promotion and keep the shows going. Maybe they will take advantage of Hulu and Netflix for streaming more content without having to worry about coming under certain ratings and all

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@rabbitearsblog: Hopefully they will do even better promotion and keep the shows going. Maybe they will take advantage of Hulu and Netflix for streaming more content without having to worry about coming under certain ratings and all

That would be a great idea! They could move the series to Hulu to avoid the show from being cancelled in case something happens with this deal going through.

#45 Posted by McKlayn (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

OH SNAP THE CUCUKOOS IN FULL FORCE, Esme is freaking awesome

#46 Posted by HAWK2916 (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the viewership picks up for this show. It's a good one but the numbers keep dropping. I think it's part of a larger problem with presentation and format not the show itself but the networks don't seem to look at it that way. But I really hope this is renewed

#47 Posted by darthphoenix (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

its really good!!! great!!! marvel didnt have the same big promos for it like the imax shit of inhumans. but the gifted is really great. great story, the actors are sooooo good too!!!

#48 Posted by darthphoenix (2369 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by geekryan (5056 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

OH SNAP THE CUCUKOOS IN FULL FORCE, Esme is freaking awesome

yesssss

#50 Posted by Koays (11571 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously though....the freaking Cuckoo's are the most awesome thing this show has dished out.

The problem now is that viewership is down, interest doesn't seem to be there for it (even in the fandom an comic book crowd) and like Spiderman and star wars shows before it, the show is approaching an important empass right when the Mouse Overlord has decided to rain down money to purchase the property the show is a small part of.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.