Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The Future of the X-Men

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

With a new era looming due the departure of Johnathan Hickman as head of X-Comics, Insomniac Studios’ brand-new Wolverine video game, and the pending arrival of the X-Men within the Marvel Cinematic Universe; it is more than safe to say that mutants are on the verge of a huge spike in the coming years. In this world of alternate universes, let’s see what exactly might be on the cusp for the iconic superhero team in the coming year in comics.

No Caption Provided

Krakoa...No More?

Johnathan Hickman ushered in the era of the new mutant home, Krakoa, back in 2019. While his leadership over the comics may be ending, does that mean the mutants will be evicted from their island and have to move back to their Westchester Mansion?

No. No they aren’t. The X-Men comics creative staff (commonly known as the X-Office) has confirmed many times that the era of Krakoa is not over, or at least not yet.

However, what will be changing is the roster of one major X-Team...the Marauders!

Starting in 2022, Marauders will be saying goodbye to the likes of Storm, Pyro, and Iceman; and saying hello to Daken, Aurora, Somnus, Tempo, and the current Psylocke, Kwannon. While plot details are still being kept tight, it is said that they will be battling the Theater of Pain!

Oh...you don’t know who that is? It’s probably because it has been TWENTY-SIX YEARS since their last appearance! Without a doubt, we’ll be seeing a new interpretation on this mutant sadist group as they battle this brand-new set of Marauders.

No Caption Provided

2022 Marvel solicitations also reveal a few more brand new X-Titles. Wolverine receives two titles, the X Lives of Wolverine and the X Deaths of Wolverine, chronicling various stories about his past, and possibly revealing things to come.

No Caption Provided

Coincidentally, Wolverine’s arch nemesis, Sabertooth will also debut his own solo series! Sabertooth will show readers the adventures of the titular character’s time in the Pit. As this is Sabertooth’s first solo comic in over a decade, this is sure to be the dark villain story that many have been greatly anticipating.

No Caption Provided

The X-Men will also have their book in the Devil’s Reign saga, seemingly featuring Emma Frost facing her past demons at the hands of the Kingpin. They will also make another appearance in Black Panther’s special two-hundredth issue, featuring Storm in a key role on the newly formed mutant colony, Arraka.

No Caption Provided

This is all in addition to the normal line-up of X-Men titles, X-Men, X-Men Legends, and New Mutants. Oddly, current titles X-Force, eXcalibur, and S.W.O.R.D have not been shown in the 2022 line-up. However, this could likely be due to conflicts with the current overarching Inferno book that would be wrapping at the start of 2022.

That's all we know so far of the X-Adventures soon to be on our nearest comic book shelves. Which titles are you anticipating? Do you like the new Marauders line up? And most importantly, what are your theories on how the events of Inferno will impact the future of the X-Comics? Let it be known below.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

More shitty spin offs in the X-Men's future??

This is something I have never heard of before.

Devil's Reign looks intriguing.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

While plot details are still being kept tight, it is said that they will be battling the Theater of Pain!

Pretty sure that is Brimstone Love on the cover, I may be one of the few people on earth who enjoyed X Men 2099 so im actually kind of excited to see the modern take on the Theater

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice front page, nobody cares about SW, but X-Men is the shit.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@youngjustice: Very nice write up.

From what I understood a few months ago, Jonathan Hickman is leaving as a writer but he will still be Head of X, I think.

I might be wrong though, but I do remember reading something along those lines.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 owie  Moderator

It's a little unclear to me from articles I read whether Hickman is also stepping down from Head of X. I kind of get the sense that he'll continue to have input in a vague way but not really run it.

It's too bad, because the House of X and Powers of X were really good and pointed the X-folks in a great direction. The books since then have had ups and downs. But it feels like things are coming together with Inferno, so hopefully they keep that big picture stuff and don't just let it run into random directions again.

Great to see another front-pager!

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
    deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Krakoa is going to remain as it is with consequences of Inferno or the Trial. But Hickman is definitely leaving the X-Men for now. Not like they will be appointing anyone else for Head of X either. He is not leaving the X-Slack though. He owns it.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Love the X-Men and some of the new Krakoa-era stories they've been pushing out. Marauders, Hellions, Inferno...so fun

No Caption Provided

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Maniac2312

@mcklayn: X-Men 2099 was arguably the best 2099 book and I miss the Theatre of Pain. Brimstone Love needed more air time.

Not being in the loop for a while this acually looks like something I need to keep my eyes on. Also, Daredevil's corner is getting another event?

Da-Captain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot going on with the X-men series. Twice a week there is something going on with the mutants.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just excited about xmen 97

fmen2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

@youngjustice: Wow someone put something up beside what sitting there for over an year, Congarts

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
    SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really excited for X-Men 97.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Koays  Online

I'm hype for Destiny of X books....I like Krakoa, o feel like the writers still do. And that's giving us a dope line up of titles.

X-Men Red

Immortal X-Men

X-Men

And

Marauders

All have my attention....just need to wait and see on the rest

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I'm hype for Destiny of X books....I like Krakoa, o feel like the writers still do. And that's giving us a dope line up of titles.

X-Men Red

Immortal X-Men

X-Men

And

Marauders

All have my attention....just need to wait and see on the rest

dont forget the 4 or 5 wolverine books that are running at any given time

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@youngjustice: I only just realized that the front page was using user content. Hadn't looked at this until just now- congratulations on being on the frong page! :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am quite curious about how things will turn out. Krakoa has been a gold mine of newer stories that really shook up the status quo and I am thoroughly interested in watching them build further on it.

Even with Hickman gone, I think it will continue to thrive, possibly in ways better than Hickman could do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.