Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

*Spoiler Alert* AVX #11 one shall stand and one shall fall.

• 155 results
    Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Hareil0079

@fullmetalquach said:

I'm probably the only one who enjoyed this issue, the series as a whole wasn't too great at first, but once the phoenix five came into play I really got into it, and its bullshit that the Avengers antagonized the X-men so much, the avengers brought this on themselves, I loved the dialogue before the battle, with emma and scott and scott and charles, a lot of emotion, although its odd that hope didnt do anything in the battle, especially after what happened in AvX 10, unless the last issue is of greater length then ya I have to agree with you that there will be a lot of rushed B.S. but as a whole I think the series wasn't bad so far, slow in the beginning and better since issue 5 or 6, im also excited for marvel NOW! and i cant wait to see how this ends

Your not the only, I enjoyed the issue but UXM18 and NA30 definitely put things in perspective.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By greenteaforme

Here are some clear scans of "the moment" for people that want to see:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By stambo42

@fullmetalquach said:

@stambo42: i suppose, but his role in the series wasnt that little and rushed i think, maybe in the main series, but the AvX Illuminati meeting really showed his feelings and i think it showed why he wasnt too involved and just gave warnings to scott about stopping him, he's kept himself out for a while because of his guilt, his father-son bond to scott, and the hope that scott might actually change his ways throughout the series (although i dont think he needed to change his ways up until a certain point)

I did read that, and you're right, but I think that's corrupted a bit by the effect of ten monkeys with ten typewriters. So many of the cross over tie ins have been unclear where or how they fit in, and awkwardly attached . I'm no one to ague with a winning business model, but if it's a good way to do business, it's a bad way to make work. Pacing is completely shot to hell, and a muddled mess. When you kill someone like that, I feel like the story should really build around and frame it, not feel like it was a tacked on subplot. I'm basically holding it against standards of better written and organized series and crossovers, not because I expect more of AVX, but because I expect more for Charles.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Osian2

@stambo42 said:

@fullmetalquach said:

@stambo42: i suppose, but his role in the series wasnt that little and rushed i think, maybe in the main series, but the AvX Illuminati meeting really showed his feelings and i think it showed why he wasnt too involved and just gave warnings to scott about stopping him, he's kept himself out for a while because of his guilt, his father-son bond to scott, and the hope that scott might actually change his ways throughout the series (although i dont think he needed to change his ways up until a certain point)

I did read that, and you're right, but I think that's corrupted a bit by the effect of ten monkeys with ten typewriters. So many of the cross over tie ins have been unclear where or how they fit in, and awkwardly attached . I'm no one to ague with a winning business model, but if it's a good way to do business, it's a bad way to make work. Pacing is completely shot to hell, and a muddled mess. When you kill someone like that, I feel like the story should really build around and frame it, not feel like it was a tacked on subplot. I'm basically holding it against standards of better written and organized series and crossovers, not because I expect more of AVX, but because I expect more for Charles.

This issue didn't make me feel like Xaviers death was tragic at all. Throughout the battle he was acting way to smug. He even started his conversation with Scott by telling him that he's ashamed of him and that he's more powerful. For most of the battle he just stood there with his hands in his pockets as if it was no big deal. All that father-son love was just talk, why didn't Xavier try and talk to him peacefully before invading his mind for the 100th time (because people are always fine with him doing that). When Scott killed him I was actually glad, not because he's now dead but that he finally shut up. It didn't help that Bobby was doing his best Wolverine impression. Storm and Magneto seemed to be the only characters that remembered that Scott was their friend and ally for years.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By MAZAHS117

I admit it, I'm in the minority..I actually have warmed up to this series, at 1st it kinda annovyed me, but it's gotten better and better...Xavier dying (again -_-) didn't shock me in the least, but who killed him in it being Scott finally pulling the trigger on his "father-figure" I did love...Loved the final two pages of Scott as the full-on Dark PHX...I'm actually excited to see how this all wraps up next ish!

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By ms__omega

This is crap wasn't it supposed to be Hope's moment? Whats the point of even having her around if they have all this build up for her and do nothing..........

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Really Sad Prof X dies, but he will be back

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By fullmetalquach

@Osian2: ya he was pretty smug and his hands in his pockets was weird, but idk if his powers really require him to be in a battle stance, i think he just knew that scott couldnt be talked down which is why he invaded his mind and had dr strange bind him, at this point it was just too late for scott, i agree with what you said about bobby, and i think scott's reaction to his death was pretty good, he's lost a lot of his humanity at that point and he was also pissed off at charles and just had this huge fallout, i think the fact that he was crying as much as he did was good, not in the grand scheme of it all, but once AvX Consequences comes out i think they will show how scott was effected by the death, there was just too much going on at the moment, that and the full power of the phoenix force made it hard to focus on scott's sorrow and the lack there of really brings out his corruption by the PF

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Osian2

@fullmetalquach said:

@Osian2: ya he was pretty smug and his hands in his pockets was weird, but idk if his powers really require him to be in a battle stance, i think he just knew that scott couldnt be talked down which is why he invaded his mind and had dr strange bind him, at this point it was just too late for scott, i agree with what you said about bobby, and i think scott's reaction to his death was pretty good, he's lost a lot of his humanity at that point and he was also pissed off at charles and just had this huge fallout, i think the fact that he was crying as much as he did was good, not in the grand scheme of it all, but once AvX Consequences comes out i think they will show how scott was effected by the death, there was just too much going on at the moment, that and the full power of the phoenix force made it hard to focus on scott's sorrow and the lack there of really brings out his corruption by the PF

Xavier could have at least had his hands on his head or something his attitude was like "oh you've got phoenix power? No big deal I can still beat you". For most of it he didn't even break a sweat. He payed the biggest price for his overconfidence.

I agree Scotts reaction to the death was good if not a little short, the "are you happy now captain" felt a bit awkward but I understood it. Hopefully Scotts reaction will be expanded in the next issue of Uncanny, there'll probably be too much happening in AVX 12.

jonesy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By jonesy10

@Gambit1024:

Again, as beautiful as Coipel's artwork is, the battle scenes aren't clear. In the first panel Emma doesn't appear fazed by Hulk setting up to smash her. The next shot is a aerial view of Hulk pounding her into the ground. I think the next time we see her, Scott is siphoning the Phoenix force from her, but I can't say that Hulk hurt Emma at all :/

jonesy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By jonesy10

@Veitha: probably didn't want to kill a fellow mutant, unlike Scott "I'm the saviour of mutantkind" Summers, who just killed the greatest advocate for mutant equality the fictional Marvel U will ever know

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.