some of x-men red cast revealed pic

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@pyrofn@koays@mcklayn@hawk2916@ursaber

namor and gentle revealed.......also looks like x-23, nightcrawler,

namor and jean would be interesting lol.......i dont think they meet before(teen jeen dont count)

#2 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

kinda sad to not see emma joining them lol.........a no phoenix power jean vs emma(even match see who wins, there was also a pic of emma being slightly better at tp then storm had to step in)

#3 Posted by AsheTDust (760 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of Jean having the Phoenix Force suggests it probably ends up with Jeen. Have we seen any solicits of Blue showing her with it?

#4 Posted by JamesWayne (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really care for the first two reveal, and was hoping for Logan. Why in the world show him as back if he isn't in anything until at least February or March? Not saying a don't like Laura but she's not wolverine. Based off of the silhouettes, I'm excited for Jean only. Nightcrawler is closer to the group in gold than red. Well, I mean you do have Logan's former love interest and his best friend interacting with his daughter, that's cool, but knowing Taylor, it will result in more unfavorable Logan Laura comparisons for Logan.

Ideally I would have wanted an ongoing solo title for jean

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of Jean having the Phoenix Force suggests it probably ends up with Jeen. Have we seen any solicits of Blue showing her with it?

wait do u think adult jean isnt coming back and thats some how teen jeen aged?????

@pyrofn jean's outfit looks better on this cover.......sorta growing on me........the thing is every color clashes with red hair except black......blue is my favorite color and was hoping her new outfit would be something blue........green is my least favorite color

#6 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by JamesWayne (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: ah cmon, why be happy about no logan? Hes been dead and theyve vrought him back just to tease us apparantly.like i said before, with taylor at the helm, jean and nightcrawler will make comments about how much better laura is. also, thats a pretty weak line of characters.

#8 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: ah cmon, why be happy about no logan? Hes been dead and theyve vrought him back just to tease us apparantly.like i said before, with taylor at the helm, jean and nightcrawler will make comments about how much better laura is. also, thats a pretty weak line of characters.

yup it is a weak bunch of X.........storm and rachel(was sad and missing her mom and a bet they dont even see each other lol marvel) should be there

now i have a bad feeling the first arc will be called "the search for "real" wolverine(back from the dead logan)

#9 Posted by JamesWayne (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: yeah it is weird they are keeping jean separate from her closest friends. Also i dont thonk it is a coincidence that logans former lovr interest and best froend are in that book. For sure they will play off laura, but it wont be to search for the real wolverine as you say. Csuse taylor would NEVER do that. Not only is that insultong to laura, but taylor has tsken moments to sjow how better and diffwrent kaura is than logan. So thats ehat theyll be doing here. To me laurs ismt wolverime but her own hero. Wolverine isnt a hero, hes my fsvorite charscter because of that. So i just have to grin and bare it for now. As long as it is all talk no show taylor could say what he wants.

For sure trying the first issue though, stoked jean is back

#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: it's gabby.........wolverine's sister

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: they should have https://comicvine.gamespot.com/yukio/4005-9843/ yukio on the team........she helped storm get a new lease on life......but she should not be paralyzed......maybe she could help jean

#14 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

OHHH from the very first series she was in where angel was with her and they had clones of her killing people?

#16 Edited by Druzzie (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Its' like they want Jean Grey return to fail.

#17 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@druzzie said:

lol im not worried.......seems like "ms grey" is starting from the bottom and going to the top lol.......when ur at the bottom, there is no where to go but up

also i heard down the line, more people will be added

#18 Posted by Druzzie (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@druzzie said:

lol im not worried.......seems like "ms grey" is starting from the bottom and going to the top lol.......when ur at the bottom, there is no where to go but up

also i heard down the line, more people will be added

But she always been on top now she will be falling like a sink.

#19 Posted by AsheTDust (760 posts) - - Show Bio

So Nightcrawler is in this group? Looks like that little romance with Rache is over.

#20 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

So Nightcrawler is in this group? Looks like that little romance with Rache is over.

I think @koays is behind this!

#21 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

lol no i think nightcrawler will do both x-men gold and red.........and i still think rachel will be dating kurt.......would be funny if kurt tried to get jean's approval for dating rach........

i had a bad feeling about rachel.......she said she was scared of using so much power and she has been super-powerful lately......funny how the story goes......jean gets to be alive while rach dies and vice versa

#22 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

lol no i think nightcrawler will do both x-men gold and red.........and i still think rachel will be dating kurt.......would be funny if kurt tried to get jean's approval for dating rach........

i had a bad feeling about rachel.......she said she was scared of using so much power and she has been super-powerful lately......funny how the story goes......jean gets to be alive while rach dies and vice versa

Maybe her extra power is coming from whatever is happening to bring jean back and will fade when she comes back or something, but Rachel will still be around I Hope

#23 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashetdust: @mcklayn: @koays@pyrofn i heard x-men gold is not doing well in sales.......there oct sell dropped to 45th place in top selling

oh i know about namor........what if he was sent by emma to spy on jean and mess with her lol, are emma and namor still on good speaking terms? they didnt talk since AvX, idk

i was really hoping for hope summers to be on jean's team lol .......hope should spend some time with her (adopted) grandmother lmao

#24 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashetdust: @mcklayn: @koays@pyrofn i heard x-men gold is not doing well in sales.......there oct sell dropped to 45th place in top selling

oh i know about namor........what if he was sent by emma to spy on jean and mess with her lol, are emma and namor still on good speaking terms? they didnt talk since AvX, idk

i was really hoping for hope summers to be on jean's team lol .......hope should spend some time with her (adopted) grandmother lmao

I thought Namor got his head cut off in some silly book right after secret wars (i love Namor so im glad to see him just curious) ill see if i can find a screen shot

#25 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#26 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: was that during secret wars and then it like never happened ?????

#27 Posted by PyroFN (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: The girl above Laura is a clone of her little sister, named Gabby. She will get a code name in the book apparently.

#28 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by MrAbductor (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor is doubling down on X 23 and Gabby, he'll probably get that Gabby and Deadpool series if X Men Red does well.

#31 Posted by Jota23 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

What in the hell is this?

Jean Grey is back and this is her book? Written by Tom Taylor and in a team of mooks (and Nightcrawler).

It's like Marvel is trying to fail!

#32 Posted by rahiem9123 (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Why must we get Gabbie, Gentle, and some rando and not Emma, logan, or polaris.

#33 Posted by Koays (8436 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

Sometimes couples fight Mcklayn. Sometimes they take a break and make terrible decisions about kissing furry little demonic monster men. And sometimes they get back together and ship the furry little homewrecker off to a book whose cast looks like it was it was picked out of a trashcan at random.

#34 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:
@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

Sometimes couples fight Mcklayn. Sometimes they take a break and make terrible decisions about kissing furry little demonic monster men. And sometimes they get back together and ship the furry little homewrecker off to a book whose cast looks like it was it was picked out of a trashcan at random.

oh i get what marvel is up too........try to make x-men red fail so they can blame jean and end up killing her off again........maybe teen jeen is more popular then "Real jean"?????

we cannot let marvel do this.......jean grey fans need to band together and buy the heck out of this book.......im pretty sure jean has enough "star power" to pull this off......also they said more characters would be joining

@pyrofn@ursaber@time1@darthphoenix

#35 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: @koays: @pyrofn i like my theory ......namor secretly works for emma and is her spy........if anyone would know first that"Scott was coming back from the dead"......it would be jean freakin grey........bahhahahahahah

#36 Posted by McKlayn (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:
@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

they dug that cast from the landfill and looked over all the hidden gems that might be there, and as Much as I support you and I am your loyal acolyte Nightcrawler > Koays and they say hes hung like a demon horse <.<

#37 Edited by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler? Sold af.

#38 Posted by MrAbductor (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Why must we get Gabbie, Gentle, and some rando and not Emma, logan, or polaris.

#39 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:
@koays said:
@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

they dug that cast from the landfill and looked over all the hidden gems that might be there, and as Much as I support you and I am your loyal acolyte Nightcrawler > Koays and they say hes hung like a demon horse <.<

i wanted storm on the team is that so much to ask?????!?!?!?!?!?!? but then again its hard to imagine storm taking orders from jean o.0

#40 Posted by MrAbductor (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:
@koays said:
@mcklayn said:
@ashetdust said:

i wanted storm on the team is that so much to ask?????!?!?!?!?!?!? but then again its hard to imagine storm taking orders from jean o.0

X Men Gold takes the cake with Kitty being in charge, but Logan spoils her and gave her headmistress over so many other founding/original members.

#41 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: off topic........is x-men blue delayed? i dont see the free previews......hmmmmmm......i was looking forward to the mojo rap up

#42 Edited by Invain (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Nightcrawler leaving Gold? @Koays will be heartbroken if they end the RachelPresteage/Nightcrawler relationship early.

#43 Posted by PyroFN (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@jota23: So nice to see someone supporting characters that rarely get used amongst the stars and new ones.

This book has yet to come out and people seem to like Tom Taylor, so saying Marvel wants to fail is a bold statement. How’s about waiting til it comes out or explaining why these people are mooks (and Nightcrawler)?

#44 Posted by HAWK2916 (4155 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a bit shocking. They put Jean on a team with people she has virtually no interactions with... except Nightcrawler? I mean I'm kinda glad for fans of underused characters that they get to be in a book and on a team. But it's just strange for Jean to return and team up with random X-Men like Gentle and basically non-X-Men like Namor. I guess I just really thought Jean would be in an all star line up. I mean, bringing her back after over a decade to lead such an underwhelming team, made mostly of characters she has almost no connection to, is just such a let down. Plus did to Taylor really have to plug his own creation in this. So yeah Gabby is cutesy but how much of that do we have to endure before it's too much. Jean has no connection to Laura. I mean now instead of having Logan on every team now we get variations and versions of him everywhere.

Wouldn't it have been better to have Jean team up with Polaris. Logan. Storm. Rachel and/or Cable and then maybe Gambit and Rogue since they are not in a book.

#45 Posted by PyroFN (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@rahiem9123: Jean is the telepath of the group, significantly stronger than Emma with arguably more skill, and they have issues. No bad blood, just distasteful issues. Others might have plans for Wolverine and Tom Taylor may have wanted to continue his story on X-23 and having two Wolverines on the same team would’ve been overkill. Polaris??? If I’m not correct, she is in X-Men: Blue as a mentor for the O5, but who knows what they’re gonna do with Blue. So this one is with your guess as good as mine. Also, they are gonna add more members down the line.

#46 Posted by HAWK2916 (4155 posts) - - Show Bio

But this team has two wolverines now.

Anyway I saw this description of the team and I guess maybe some sort of premise.

"When one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc, Jean’s dreams of peace are threatened…and order starts to turn to chaos. It’s mutant against mutant this February in an all-new adventure that will have X-fans on the edge of their seats, as Jean Grey’s team takes on the Marvel Universe – only in X-MEN RED!"

#47 Posted by Invain (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916:

Who do you think the villain will be?

#48 Edited by HAWK2916 (4155 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Nova maybe? Stryfe? Or maybe Shadowking gets out of the astral plane. Or maybe the Phoenix

#49 Edited by Invain (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: I hope it's not the Phoenix.

Reading it made me think Mister Sinister or Apocalypse, for some reason. But you'd think that they would of chosen a more seasoned team for those guys.

#50 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: @pyrofn: no marvel mixes the good with the bad so u have to get every x-book........all i wanted was to get jean grey solo.......now i got jean grey solo, x-men blue and even x-men gold for the mojo crossover......its all about money and ripping collecters off......

i dont know what to get anymore........i want x-men red.......then i might drop teen jeen solo......but i will still get x-men bue(cause O5 will meet og Gen X, also go back to mothervine and what emma is up too)

@hawk2916 said:

But this team has two wolverines now.

Anyway I saw this description of the team and I guess maybe some sort of premise.

"When one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc, Jean’s dreams of peace are threatened…and order starts to turn to chaos. It’s mutant against mutant this February in an all-new adventure that will have X-fans on the edge of their seats, as Jean Grey’s team takes on the Marvel Universe – only in X-MEN RED!"

oh no!!!!! for real? mutant vs mutant again lol marvel.......edge of my seat? jeez marvel relax its just a comicbook

oh im calling x-men red(i get it marvel red for danger lol), "jean grey and the mutant misfits"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.