Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

So I read Inferno #1

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And I think we were already for these Mystique shenanigans, weren't we? Oh, and if we're at it, Trial of Magneto was epictacularly abysmal.

Anyway, it's been awhile, this site is even more dead than back then lolz

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found Inferno a slog to get through for some reason.

Probably the pacing.

A lot of time was dedicated to reiterating already established plot points and stuff we already new.

And the rest was spent establishing seemingly useless things. But this Hickman so it will probably pay off a few chapters down the line.

My point is though, that as of yet, I really don't feel particularly invested in the Destiny vs Moira shenanigans. So for I'm probably just going to wait until it's done and binge it in full

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
    deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark said:

Probably the pacing.

A lot of time was dedicated to reiterating already established plot points and stuff we already new.

And the rest was spent establishing seemingly useless things. But this Hickman so it will probably pay off a few chapters down the line.

My point is though, that as of yet, I really don't feel particularly invested in the Destiny vs Moira shenanigans. So for I'm probably just going to wait until it's done and binge it in full

I don't think its going to change drastically from the first issue. He had only two years and he had half a dozen of plots which werent finished in his run. Moira's overreaction to Destiny was definitely cringe and bit too soap opera to say the least. I think it will have the same fate like Secret Wars.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: JDW was repeatedly saying on monday interviews that Hickman was totally cool with the situation which seems a bit hard to believe and I don't think the Head of X whose's favorite character is Magneto is going to be bashed up again like this on TOM

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the pacing.

Different to me. I couldn't finish ANY X-book since Hick's flagship ended and even then it got tedious towards the end. This one, with all the issues I had still had me interested till the end.

@vishop_ said:

JDW was repeatedly saying on monday interviews that Hickman was totally cool with the situation which seems a bit hard to believe and I don't think the Head of X whose's favorite character is Magneto is going to be bashed up again like this on TOM

@vishop_ said:

I don't think its going to change drastically from the first issue. He had only two years and he had half a dozen of plots which werent finished in his run. Moira's overreaction to Destiny was definitely cringe and bit too soap opera to say the least. I think it will have the same fate like Secret Wars.

I think the main thrill right now is that Moira is simply being vengeful towards Destiny which probably clouds her judgement. If not something worse. Maybe she didn't abandon her wish to off the muties, just does it in a way of being sure of it. A stretch prolly, but who knows lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Koays  Online

The question is really about whether or not Moira has changed her mind on mutant kind back to what it was when she made her cure....

Destiny says that while she'll blossom into a proud mutant she'll eventually start to have doubts after living so many lives.....so the question is whether or not she's being petty and vengeful toward Destiny OR if she's afraid that Destiny will fulfill the only real threat she ever made....that if Moira tried to continue her work on the cure she would stop her.

And if the answer is neither of these, then what else could Destiny do that would threaten all of Moiras plans for mutant kind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

That seems a bit too outlandish to be acting out of some personal vendetta for Moira.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I dont think Moira was a threat for her after she died. At least thats what was implied within next 4 or 5 lives of Moira.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Koays  Online

@vishop_: You misunderstood.

Destiny tells Moira during there confrontation that their conversation would lead Moira to become a proud mutant and fight for her people in her next few lives.

BUT

Destiny also says that after many lives and failures Moira may begin to doubt herself and consider that maybe she was right to cure mutants.

Only then does Moira say that if she just agrees to go along with Destiny she could go back to her plan. Which is when Destiny says that because she's older then her she'll see any future where Moira is going to cure mutants before it happens.

SO....unless there is another interaction between Moira and Destiny in another life (which could very well be the case) then as it stands Moiras current motive of keeping Destiny dead hints that she may be returning to her original motivations.

After all Destiny foresaw 10 lives for Moira, with 11 if she played her cards right. If in this life Moira remakes a cure....she could very well end up cured and killed off forever. But the only one who would know that, is the person who told her in the first place....Destiny.

My theory is that Moira is worried about Destiny's prediction of this being her last life and her last chance to stop the sentinels. And as such she's trying to prevent anything that could end her permanently (Destiny's knowledge of her powers) hence her need for Destiny to die.

That said it's also very possible that Nimrod or the machines from the future where all of humanity is absorbed and transformed into data become aware of Moira because of Destiny....thus ending her life.

Since the only way to kill Moira is to kill her as a child before she gets her powers or to kill her while she's depowered....and Destiny is the only person with this knowledge it brings alot of debate to the table on whether this is simple pettiness or if Destiny is a threat to Moira having a last chance to get it right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I will go back read that issue again but i see thats pretty within here character for Moira to do such thing due to her past actions. But it is not like Moira is the only one with mutant cure agenda. Others have tried to. So Destiny's threat seems a bit ineffectual. Either way it does seem like Destiny or any other precog pose a threat to Krakoa anyway.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

@adamtrmm:

That seems a bit too outlandish to be acting out of some personal vendetta for Moira.

Considering this is actually a Newoira, we don't even know what is or isn't outlandish for her.

@koays said:

SO....unless there is another interaction between Moira and Destiny in another life (which could very well be the case) then as it stands Moiras current motive of keeping Destiny dead hints that she may be returning to her original motivations.

After all Destiny foresaw 10 lives for Moira, with 11 if she played her cards right. If in this life Moira remakes a cure....she could very well end up cured and killed off forever. But the only one who would know that, is the person who told her in the first place....Destiny.

My theory is that Moira is worried about Destiny's prediction of this being her last life and her last chance to stop the sentinels. And as such she's trying to prevent anything that could end her permanently (Destiny's knowledge of her powers) hence her need for Destiny to die.

That said it's also very possible that Nimrod or the machines from the future where all of humanity is absorbed and transformed into data become aware of Moira because of Destiny....thus ending her life.

Since the only way to kill Moira is to kill her as a child before she gets her powers or to kill her while she's depowered....and Destiny is the only person with this knowledge it brings alot of debate to the table on whether this is simple pettiness or if Destiny is a threat to Moira having a last chance to get it right.

Yeah, something like this :)

Still the whole precog embargo is imbecilic. Earth have plenty of them, and unless you actually kill them off, they still can be used.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Oh, and if we're at it, Trial of Magneto was epictacularly abysmal.

Heh they resurrected pre-HOM Wanda in the next issue. This book is a complete disaster.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Koays  Online

Lol in Leah Williams defense.... that book has ALOT of editorial meddling in it.

You'll note that theres whole scenes where she's writing dialogue and the artist isnt even drawing what's being said.

Polaris made a whole speech about how she was going to use the boneyards special metal to counter Magneto and then the artist draws him fighting everyone but Polaris.

Her interview seemed like she was pretty unhappy with being in this spot so i'm not gonna trash it even if objectively its....sub par

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lol in Leah Williams defense.... that book has ALOT of editorial meddling in it.

You see the problem is right there. I heard what Leah has to say in her interview. Hickman wasn't suppose to leave so soon.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Koays  Online

@vishop_ said:
    @koays said:

You see the problem is right there. I heard what Leah has to say in her interview. Hickman wasn't suppose to leave so soon.

Yea, it seems like they are sewing up the hole in the line where alot of his original ideas that never showed up were. Things like Moira X and Vulcans story arc and things of that nature because Hickman just can't stick around.

The result though is Marvel getting flustered and trying to make the "next big X-Men moment" to keep momentum.

I mean I get that Wanda being a mutant or involved with the x-men is a thing that will get butts in seats, but it seems like this entire fourth quarter of books from Onslaught to Inferno to Trial was just about making it feel like ALOT is still going on, an distracting from Hickmans departure while giving them a chance to plan out the post Hickman world. The down side being that Leah (who like her or not had one of the best books in the line up) is basically being put in a position where they want her to write an event grade title, but they dont trust her to write it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @vishop_ said:
    @koays said:

Yea, it seems like they are sewing up the hole in the line where alot of his original ideas that never showed up were. Things like Moira X and Vulcans story arc and things of that nature because Hickman just can't stick around.

The result though is Marvel getting flustered and trying to make the "next big X-Men moment" to keep momentum.

I mean I get that Wanda being a mutant or involved with the x-men is a thing that will get butts in seats, but it seems like this entire fourth quarter of books from Onslaught to Inferno to Trial was just about making it feel like ALOT is still going on, an distracting from Hickmans departure while giving them a chance to plan out the post Hickman world. The down side being that Leah (who like her or not had one of the best books in the line up) is basically being put in a position where they want her to write an event grade title, but they dont trust her to write it.

Read TOM yesterday. The kajjus are the most random stuff i could have imagined in a issue lol

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@vishop_: Trail of Magneto is one of the most random books ive ever read, it went form slightly interesting to godzilla attacks so who knows

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am personally loving Inferno so far, this second issue was even better, we're finally getting a direct follow up to House of X/Powers of X plotlines.

As for Trial of Magneto, it's not particularly great but it was an enjoyable read IMO, especially because I love Wanda and this seems to be on the way to redeeming her and/or possibly make her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, so win-win.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am personally loving Inferno so far, this second issue was even better, we're finally getting a direct follow up to House of X/Powers of X plotlines.

As for Trial of Magneto, it's not particularly great but it was an enjoyable read IMO, especially because I love Wanda and this seems to be on the way to redeeming her and/or possibly make her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, so win-win.

id love to make wanda a mutant again but trail of magneto hasnt been good for me. and the whole "old lady wanda" thing is worn out

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Thor-Parker

@mcklayn said:
    @thor-parker said:

id love to make wanda a mutant again but trail of magneto hasnt been good for me. and the whole "old lady wanda" thing is worn out

The only thing I didn't like and was honestly pretty bad and out of place was the Kaijus interrupting an actual important exchange, the fight against the monsters was pointless and unnecessary. As for Old Wanda, I'd say to wait and see where it leads.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Kaijus were odd, the entire series just goes from "ok this is cool" to uh wtf, a bit too much for me. I don't hate it and maybe Old Lady Wanda will be interesting its just the fact they calling her that. Kind of a marvel thing to do, run a good thing in the ground.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.