Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

So Cable is being awesome and no one is paying attention.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

His current arc involves him going back in time 13 years ago (basically about the time of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men) and trying to figure out who is trying to kill the Externals again. To do this he recruits mutants from that period to help him out. And it is FILLED with continuity. Arguably top 2 X-books out right now depending on whether you can swallow the O5.....why aren't we reading this again?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@koays: The overall condition of marvel sales are so bad,so nobody really cares.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

LOL, this series is dogpoo that is just basically revisiting Liefeld, 90s era X-Force plot points and characters.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: i thought back from the dead jean is supposed to be in cable book 155?150? to meet cable again? hope is supposed to be there too (OR WAS IT JUST THAT FLASHBACK SCENE OF SCOTT AND JEAN RAISING CABLE IN THE FUTURE?)

heres a pic spoiler of hope in cable 155

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

@cattlebattle: dear God I never thought I'd say it but. Liefeld retreads >>>>>>> current comics

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: dear God I never thought I'd say it but. Liefeld retreads >>>>>>> current comics

I will concede that the current state of Marvel comics is absolute trash, and the current Cable series may seem like a retreat back into adventurous story telling that is missing these days, however, I can't look past the fact that this comic does the kind of shit I absolutely loathe in X-Men comics.... bringing back further developed, dead, or written out characters and return them back to a long departed status quo.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I can understand that. But in the Cable comics defense the fact that he's time traveling to these periods and teaming up with characters from a certain period in comics gives it a good excuse to do that. He's basically running around playing Dr. Who for old X-force plots.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Koays made a new thread? This is a shocking development. And I need to remake my meme since he changed his avatar again. ?

I didn't care for the first few issues of Cable, but I planned on giving it another try after I saw X-Force reunite in it. I started buying it again, but still haven't read it yet.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not a fan of Cable. Not a fan of time travel. The art is garbage and the Newer mutants thing was just stupid. That's what this series is. I'll pass.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I get the time travel might not appeal but to me the Externals plot was rule of cool. Though that may be because I just spent time really reading some old Cable issues not long ago, but I'm willing to back the statement just because everything about the Externals interactions with Cable and lines like Shatter Star saying how he'd just seen Cable using bodyslide and addressing how Cable is overlapping his own timeline are cool.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: The Externals at anytime are interesting, I'll give you that. But it's just Cable and Doop and Shatterstar and all just does not appeal to me. I don't fault others for loving that stuff but really Cable just marks a bad point in Xmen history at least for me. I wasn't that much of a fan when he came back with Hope and all but even after that they should have let him die during that whole thing. It just feels like they keep recycling the character and trying to make him important when his whole story is propped up on some of the more unused and ridiculously convoluted plots in the Xmen. The writer did demonstarte a love for Xmen lore though.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, just not a fan of Cable. I won’t bad mouth anyone who enjoys it, but it’s not for me.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a continuity error in this arc involving x-23. Laura is currently 20 so 13 years ago she would be 7. She would still be with the facility and her powers wouldn't be active yet. There's no way she could help cable.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: 13 years is real time not comic time....so otherwise X-Men comics circa 2005 which is when Armor was just introduced and X-23 hadn't yet joined the X-men. Otherwise Armor would be pushing 30.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Then I think it would've made more sense to explicitly say that. Normally when I see a story that takes place in the past, I assume it's in the context of that fictional universe. Most people probably do too.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: Maybe. But that would set a time frame for every comic book in the marvel universe. If you said it had been 4 years ago (going by X-23's supposed age) then that would mean that civil war was less then four years ago. That prior to the deal with the devil Spiderman would have been 21. And that mutants would have nearly gone extinct 2 times in as many years. And that's before factoring in that prior to and after secret wars 2 is a 16 month period of build up and recovery where we know nothing happened. Meaning everything from civil war marvel up until about last will an testament of Xavier wouldve occurred in a little over 2 and a half years.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this art is... I'm a bit disappointed in my inability to recover the recent memories of an artist who was either emulating or just having this really nice looking art with extremely strong 90s vibes. It was such a rare case of doing something that dated so terribly with such style and taste. It's effing shame I can't remember where I saw it or who the artist was, but what I'm trying to say here, this case right here, it's not it at all. This case right here is kind off all the reasons 90s art has its infamous reputation lol I mean, damn, just look at Cable. Oh boy. You're just cursed my poor Askanison, aren't you? :(

I mean, looks at how Greg Capullo has evolved. Or Tony Daniel. There's a reason why they didn't fade into obscurity. And that's not because they stayed the same. Jim Lee might be an exception (for obvious reasons), but even he walked through some upgrades.

As for the story, sadly I just couldn't get behind it. It ignores too much for something that is so driven by continuity.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Ive been reading this comic, i considered it a guilty pleasure of mine, but of course i enjoyed liefield to the first time around so meh

The Newer mutants was ok I really like Armor and Blink so thats nice

nnelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable has been really good.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cable is good but the actor from Deadpool 2 made him uninteresting

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

And now he's dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.