Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should this be the end for Hugh? Reboot finally?

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
    MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I guess Hugh knows the truth. this could be the end. he even said it.

maybe this is his way of saying that The Wolverine is good but not that good to warrant another sequel.

Lets be honest. had x-men orgins been the film the trailers had promised us then we would be having a different conversation now.

basically we could have had an epic-quality wolverine prequel trilogy meant to make the wolverine fans happy. instead we're getting a quality First Class prequel trilogy instead.

i mean the cinematics for the video game for orgins were more entertaining than the film. that's just sad. i mean they could've done a toned down version of what was in the cinematics and got away with that.

i mean just imagine how orgins would've turned out had they put the same type of effort and quality story telling into orgins by being consistent with what was shown in the x1-x2 flashbacks, re-creating the 80's and doing quality action and a good tragic-revenge-love story - the trailers showed us.

i like how they're recreating the past in the first class films. but hey it's water under the bridge now for orgins.

but will audiences ever take wolverine seriously again? they have now used up all the best x men story-lines and wolverine stories.

my hope is DOFP and The Wolverine will acknowledge only the first 3 films, and orgins can be retconned and be viewed as alternate contunity.

kinda-like they do with the highlander sequels.

i mean what else can they do after DOFP and a 3rd FC film? even if DOFP and The Wolverine do well. i don't see them making like Iron Man 3 / Avengers/ Dark Knight

money

after the last first class film.

i say they should just reboot x-men. and just do it right this time.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A reboot would be very challenging for FOX because they have to find new actors, they will probably find a new director too (I don't think Bryan Singer is ready for a reboot) and basically, they are starting from scratch! And remember, the producers said it was harder for them to do X-Men 1 than X-Men 2 because X-Men 1 was the first one while X2 was a continuation and they didn't start from scratch.

If they just continue with X-Men 5! They don't have to hire a whole new cast, they don't have to retell the world of the X-Men to the audience again and the general audience wouldn't have to adjust with the actors portraying Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, etc...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

You really think there going to reboot at the start of a shared universe? Um no.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People act like the X-Men continuity is unheard of......they do stuff like that all the time. The Halloween franchise has two separate continuities as does Highlander and Planet of the Apes. In modern times the Superman franchise splinters into two and now, Star Trek.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

They wouldn't reboot it now. Not after what's happening with Days of Future Past.

If anything, they're just going to carry on like nothing, which is exactly what they should do.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By HAWK2916

Nah, they should do a reboot. And as far as getting new actors to prtray the characters, that would not be a problem for me because they were miscast in the 1st place IMO. I love Halle Berry, I mean LOVE her but she's not the right actress to play Storm (with an accent one movie and its missing in the next) they hit the jackpot on Hugh Jackman but the Wolverine movie was horrible, Rogue was not done right, the actor who portrayed Cyclops was a stiff in that role. They did get Jean right until X3 when they made her into Carrie. Recasting wouldnt hurt at all

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chasereis

Reboot the series completely. All new cast (hopefully new [no name] actors or actresses) and ban Singer from the set. Do that and I'll pay twice.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot the series completely. All new cast (hopefully new [no name] actors or actresses) and ban Singer from the set. Do that and I'll pay twice.

I will never get the Singer hatred. Not only did he deliver two good X-Men films IMO when the comic book film genre was in its infant stages...that you probably even enjoyed as a kid, so without him there possibly wouldn't be all these comic films. Also a butt load of his ideas were taken and adapted into the comics, animated shows, video games etc...kind of proving that he and his creative teams were more creative with the X-Men lore than other people that have worked with it. Finally, he is a pretty quality director, he actually has visual depth and his own style to his cinematography and framing aspects that plenty of directors these days lack. I mean, if you are not fond of the films thats fine, but I think Singer does a good job at delivering these movies for a general audience.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chasereis

@cattlebattle: Illustration: Bryan Singer + Usual Susects / Apt Pupil = Awesome. Bryan Singer + any Comic property = lame as hell. He never suspends my disbelief of reality nor makes me feel like the characters are acting authentically. Thus ban Singer from the set.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Illustration: Bryan Singer + Usual Susects / Apt Pupil = Awesome. Bryan Singer + any Comic property = lame as hell. He never suspends my disbelief of reality nor makes me feel like the characters are acting authentically. Thus ban Singer from the set.

How introspective..

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too disliked Singer's X-men movies. I went in with no prejudices because I had never seen any of his films before so his X-men work stands on it's own. In addition to poorly fleshing out the supporting cast and making the movies "Wolverine and Friends" more than the X-men, casting a hit-or-miss cast, and bringing all the cheese without the substance that is a stereotype of comic book writing... "What happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning?" I feel like in the end he did more harm than good for the X-men.

Then there are continuity things like... Storm has an accent in the first movie and in the 2nd movie it's completely gone.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bringing all the cheese without the substance that is a stereotype of comic book writing... "What happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning?" I feel like in the end he did more harm than good for the X-men.

That line of dialogue was actually the only line they left in from Joss Whedons draft so......

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I like him as an actor, and was shocked that he was cast as the character. I remember him mostly from romance movies. An actor shouldn't be defined by a genre, but there is a specific charm to him. Wolverine doesn't have that charm. It lessons the experience, for me, to see characters out of character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@itsdaveyj said:

bringing all the cheese without the substance that is a stereotype of comic book writing... "What happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning?" I feel like in the end he did more harm than good for the X-men.

That line of dialogue was actually the only line they left in from Joss Whedons draft so......

And it was terrible.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@mistressoftheelements: I would prefer a reboot. But after all the talk about DOFP, forget a reboot it's not gonna happen. We just have to hope the movies get better...

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A reboot is not going to happen any time soon. The X-Men Cinematic Universe is moderately successful and has a robust continuity. Sure the casting and writing haven't always been stellar but considering the universes age, it makes sense. X-Men jump started the comic book movie industry on a small budget.

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gambit75

The X-Men Cinematic Universe is absolute garbage, its all about Promoting Wolverine.

The X-men movie franchise needs to be Rebooted.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@xmentas said:

@mistressoftheelements: I would prefer a reboot. But after all the talk about DOFP, forget a reboot it's not gonna happen. We just have to hope the movies get better...

I also would prefer a reboot to the franchise, but since they are tying both First Class and the original trilogy together, it would be impossible to reboot the universe at this point. Actually, if First Class was seen as the reboot for the X-Men universe and they went along with that direction, then the X-Men universe would have been rebooted by now.

Diamondlifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reboot, completely new cast, especially Jean, Rogue and Wolverine. F**k Hugh Jackman

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll continue this continuity for as long as they can. DOFP sounds awesome, but in my dream world its the film series last hurrah and Marvel gets the film rights back from FOX in a few years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.