Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Scott and Jean's relationship / Scott's compete love interests list

• 65 results
    iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really excited that after all these years the real Jean Grey is coming back in Phoenix Resurrection. I also would like to see the adult Cyclops come back to life because I wanna see the whole ScottxEmmaxJean ordeal finally play out. I always felt that the whole dilemma and conflict ended too quickly and easily because Jean just ends up dying and Scott quickly moves onto Emma. So yeah I wanna see the relationships play out a little more.

Speaking of their relationships, I'm curious: Who are all the love interests Scott has had? (including relationships, attractions he's had to women, women who have shown attraction to him, everything, etc...) and the details of the relationships.

Like who are all the different women that Emma sees in his mind?

No Caption Provided

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By JakeFuryV2

Confirmed love interests:

• Jean Grey
    • Madelyne Pryor
    • Emma Frost

Flirted/never serious:

• Psylocke
    • Colleen Wing
    • Lee Forrester

Alternate Reality

• Frenzy

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamre321
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@iamre321 said:

@jakefuryv2: what happened with Frenzy?

in the Age of X story her an Scott were lovers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: that pic emma says something like there is a lack of redheads but then u see raven shes a redhead lol(scott knows better not to mess with a redhead ever again lmao)

Confirmed love interests:

• Jean Grey
    • Madelyne Pryor
    • Emma Frost

Flirted/never serious:

• Psylocke
    • Colleen Wing
    • Lee Forrester

Alternate Reality

• Frenzy

but scott slept with lee

haha scott likes to look at mystique(hurry logan must be warned)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: He keeps his red-heads in a specially demented place, where he can take solace when he wants something familiar. Then when he has had his share, he gets back out there as usual when things go wrong in paradise.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: He keeps his red-heads in a specially demented place, where he can take solace when he wants something familiar. Then when he has had his share, he gets back out there as usual when things go wrong in paradise.

hahahahahahahahaha dont forget quire told scott "ur minds reads like 50 shades of jean grey" lololololol shades get it scott wears shades

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Is this real or just joking?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Psylocke there he turned her down

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: A little of both. The demented part is the joke part, the indecisiveness is real.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Emma and Scott will always be it for me.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

Emma and Scott will always be it for me.

Agreed!

@pyrofn : I agree, but was this like stated in the comics? I remember that issue where Emma comments on the lack of redheads, but don't remember what was his reason for it...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: stated that he is indecisive? No, but it just seems like it with how often he goes back and forth between women, specifically between Jean and another woman depending on the era, I have come to that conclusion.

Things get hard, Scott finds solace in another woman. Best way to explain how he runs away from his problems is how he explains his feelings to Phoenix in the Dark Phoenix Saga. (Most romantic panels to me for Jott, making the affair between him and Emma all the more astonishing and finale. That last part was just in case Hope thinks to jump in to use this to propel Jott)

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8m8wcdOMv1rcrxpmo1_1280.jpg

Then there was Psylocke which was just pure attraction, an attraction he had no shame in showing in front of Jean.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b6/87/7d/b6877d7731e4fd6084da3ac98d0d7302.jpg

http://uncannyxmen.net/sites/default/files/images/characters/psylocke/psylocke19.jpg

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: stated that he is indecisive? No, but it just seems like it with how often he goes back and forth between women, specifically between Jean and another woman depending on the era, I have come to that conclusion.

Things get hard, Scott finds solace in another woman. Best way to explain how he runs away from his problems is how he explains his feelings to Phoenix in the Dark Phoenix Saga. (Most romantic panels to me for Jott, making the affair between him and Emma all the more astonishing and finale. That last part was just in case Hope thinks to jump in to use this to propel Jott)

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8m8wcdOMv1rcrxpmo1_1280.jpg

Then there was Psylocke which was just pure attraction, an attraction he had no shame in showing in front of Jean.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b6/87/7d/b6877d7731e4fd6084da3ac98d0d7302.jpg

http://uncannyxmen.net/sites/default/files/images/characters/psylocke/psylocke19.jpg

Agreed, so I am curious as to how you would characterize his personality and treatment of women. Do you think he likes to jump around because after being with Jean for so long he gets bored? With regards to the whole Emma affair thing, yeah that just shows 1. how much their relationship had deteriorated, and 2. how good Emma was at seducing. Me personally- I wouldn't say he's a player exactly... but he's also not some naive clueless innocent guy who gets lured away by temptresses like some other people like to think.

I think deep down he does lust after other women, but because of expectations usually stays faithful to Jean while shes alive at least. And I agree with some others that yes he is somewhat naive and was vulnerable after the whole apocalypse incident but he knew what Emma has done, tried to do with him, and yet still decided to go and talk about his sex life with her!?! Like come on he's naive, but not THAT dumb lol... I think it really was just a willful ignorance with him deep down wanting to move on with Emma.

He's not a player, but has been with many beautiful women (including Jean). You're right he had no shame in showing in front of Jean lol, he lusted after Psylocke HARD , I mean if it was a cartoon he'd have giant eyes popping out of his head with hearts lol... Jean's made it pretty easy for him though; every time she comes back to life she never really gets upset with him about him moving on so soon, even when Jean later catches him fantasizing about Psylocke again and confronts him about it he kinda pulls the same excuse he later uses with the Emma incident about how its just thoughts, etc.. and she's basically like ok, then when she suspects an affair she never really gets mad with Scott and is pretty understanding with him and ends up going after the women instead (psylocke and emma) like guys will be guys but women should know better or something...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: Ok. I’m gonna be a bit wordy, but you did ask for it, so this is my thought process on who Scott is.

In a word: Scared. That is the best I can come up with. I’d say cowardly, but that would be harsh and extreme to say about Scott since he mimics thoughts that we as humanity think ourselves. Needless to say, he gets scared, doubtful of who he is. He doesn’t know how to define himself (probably due to writers not knowing what to do with him until Whedons run, when he became Magneto-like).

They say Jean defines herself to Scott, but to me, it was the other way around. Jean had personality, but it was more like our own in the positive sense, where she would have thoughts and dreams that any person would want, go to college, fall in love, have a family, etc, but because life can be unpredictable, she had change those plans and she did quite well as anyone could in her situation. Scott is more of the “lost man” so to speak, not knowing how to fulfill his role and not rolling with change as easily as Jean did, but would make the effort to be this perfect figure for whomever he aspired to impress. For Xavier, it was leading he team and becoming the man that would make Xavier proud, like the eldest son. For Jean, it was the perfect man she always dreamt of, so long as she stayed that perfect woman he thought her to be. When Phoenix came along as Jean (Claremont’s era where Change came), “Jean” was a lot more different. Jean still had her own life away from the X-Men, but was roped into the struggles despite wanting change. Scott stayed where it was comfortable, and as a result, didn’t grow. Jean became different, now boasting powers of a god, becoming more ruthless, trying to find herself with this new identity, that didn’t sit well with Scott, ergo his inner monologue whenever she would use her powers beyond what she used to as Marvel Girl, even something as simple as changing her clothes via her new powers. Scott eventually got used to things with Jean, who gave him a look into her thoughts, but that was short lived obviously considering that this Jean died.

Next, we have Maddie. Someone who looked like the woman who just died, the perfect girl he loved. From how I understand it, Claremont wanted Scott to finally move forward, so that the X-Men could move on (Claremont being the beacon for change). So, he gave Maddie in an effort to give Scott a way to move on, which would obviously be easier a transition with something familiar. Maddie gave Scott all that he had prospected from Jean, a life with someone perfectly made for him. This as translated to a literal woman made for Scott later by Louise Simonson and Claremont if I’m not correct after Jean was brought back.

Jean coming back was what really highlighted the downfalls of Scott’s character. Jean was the reason why he was drawn to Madelyne, ergo she was the most familiar, but he had already built something with Maddie. Scott in essence transitioned without the person he wanted with him, who he envisioned to be with. He had every right to do so, but that would mean closing the door on the person he wanted, the perfect woman who came back to him. A parallel that I see Jott fans doing. Jean is back, I’m It’s run to her, leave behind any progression from before, I need to get what is FAMILIAR TO ME!!! This, although understandable, is still a rather selfish thing because it not only puts Jean in the position as the home wrecker, but it tears down all that Maddie had committed to Scott for. Scott supporters are quick to point out Sinisters manipulations in the matter, but Maddie had no recollection of such a plan and was by all-means in the head space to try to work things with him if he were to stay with her, something he clearly didn’t do. He at the very least should’ve done more to get back to Maddie if it was truly that imperative to see if it was Jean, because that is who he built the life with and who he is obligated to like people who sign a contract legally bound, a detail that Scott supporters try to diminish because Maddie in the story context is only there to serve as Sinisters child-bearer, diminishing her importance as an individual in the process and using her insanity as excuse to give Scott some relief rather than recognizing that Scott put her in that situation to begin with alongside Sinister. Well, Scott and Jott fans got their wish, Maddie was driven mad and killed, giving Scott full pardon for going with Jean.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said. It still blows my mind though because around the whole Morrison run I just don't get why he doesn't open up to Jean after the whole Apocalypse incident since well she's his wife and she also knows what its like to be possessed by a powerful dark force... And after everything they been through, he even left his previous wife/kid to get back with Jean, but somehow Emma comes along and is able to seduce him away...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @iamre321: mind if i cut in???? LOL

sorry but logan told scott "the only reason u and jean stayed together for so long is because she was too strong to give in to what she really wanted(meaning logan himself) and u(speaking to scott) was to scared to let go" from Astonishing x-men first arc

also there was a part in "battle of the atom" where scott tells logan "she was never ur jean!"

jott would never be truly over ........team jott rules

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PyroFN

@iamre321: Ok. So Part 2 is where most people are familiar with Scott and Jeans relationship outside of the Phoenix Sagas and where we see a definition of Scotts personality newly formed with Emma given after Jean.

So, Scott as you could see, didn’t have much growth in his entirety of his character. I’ll contrast it to Jean to give an idea, not to You per we, but to anyone following as to who the real growth in character is coming from:

Scott: Xavier era was eldest-son-like, leader of the X-Men, powerhouse and dangerous, unsure of who he was outside of it (ergo why he stayed when everyone else left, including Jean), and crush on Jean Grey.

Jean: Xavier’s Marvel Girl era was the only female, according to Hopeless played ‘girly’ to fit that time period (it was to make sense of how an omega level telepath could be a damsel in distress when it was just the reality of the 60’s to the audience in our era where its women empowerment). So basically, damsel in distress, love interest to all the boys, progressive for being the first woman on a team after Susan Storm, typical girl with usual dreams, and crush on Scott Summers and Warren Worthington.

First era above is the starting point, equal footing for both. Neither had any idea of who they were and were dealing with a new world introduced by Xavier. Due to being female in such a time period and being in a nice family, you’d think Jean should’ve been the one to stay where it’s safe and familiar, relying on a man to support her, but rather, she lived her life typical of a girl her age. She went shopping, found gripping with her powers, Dealt with becoming a telepath, dated someone to test the waters even though she had her eye on someone else because they weren’t coming forward anytime soon. She left that relationship when it didn’t work for either of them, mastered her new abilities she never thought she’d have gained as best she could (her telepathy), and eventually got the one person she really wanted and left the nest for a life outside of the school. Scott became leader under Xavier’s toolage, gained his girl, and got a new team. (The writer for X-Men at the time was trying to see to giving Jean something more outside of her damsel in distress role, but that largely stayed the same needless to say. Claremont came in near the end and had Jean leave for Storm to come in, though Jean stayed in contact for Scott)

See the difference in growth, mostly due to writer testing, but that provided Jean growth the way it impacts us in life, sometimes, it’s as eratic and quick as a car crash or signing a record deal to become a musician or actor. Things go from slow to Mach speed and Jean adapted accordingly. Meanwhile, Scott is more like someone still working the same job with some perks along the way. Not a bad thing necessarily, but hardly a change. Anyways, back to Scott’s growth, we head to marraige.

Jean eventually married Scott at her behest, trying to see if this step would be of her own causes and not the manipulation of someone else like the Phoenix or Sinister, despite her instincts saying yes, in essence, using her head, not her heart. Contrast to what they tell us, it’s actually better for us to use our heads to think logically so as to not go in blind.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_HErit2SZHg/VTA2LfyH8sI/AAAAAAAAYvk/j9MWy38Nbi4/s1600/X-Factor%2B%2353%2B-%2BProposal.png

Scott was all feeling when t came to his decisions, Jean was passionate but thought things through. This is also what could have gave Jean the Mary Sue Vibe, but that would mean it was easy for her. Easy was not the word we could use for Jean, she just simply bore through it as well as anyone could, which doesn’t mean perfect. Scott’s decision making was if it felt right, it must be right, making Jeans decision making foreign to him if I can understand it correctly, as we could see here with Jean bearing through the memories of Phoenix and Maddie, with Scott helping her through it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tzeFpb414dg/VTA2yLNzMpI/AAAAAAAAYwk/0koKYfD_IcQ/s1600/X-Factor%2B%2353%2B-%2Bmemories.png

Then time passes, Jean gets better, and she proposes to Scott because she knows she is ready. So they wed, Jean mothers Cable alongside Scott, accepts Rachel into the family and Scott gets the love of his life. Let’s jump ahead to when trouble starts, when things start to change once more beyond what Scott expected: Jeans new codename and outfit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/26147/2595994-6677788.jpg

Scott’s reaction to Jean going to the Phoenix codename is quite understandable, but most note that during the era of Bew X-Men, Jean becoming Phoenix was a factor to Scott having an affair with Frost. Not only that, but this is yet again, change showing Jean growing and becoming someone Scott didn’t really recognize, interrupting Scott’s view of the perfect woman he married because she is wearing a reminder of the woman who died and turned his life upside down. Admittedly inconsiderate of Jean, but an understandable change since Rachel had died and jean wanted to honor her while at the same time showing her growth. Scott then is forced to change with Apocalypse possessing him, and we know by now how well Scott deals with change.

So, why didn’t Scott go to Jean by the time Emma came around? Just as Scott and Emma both noted, Scott never felt like the man he was to Jean, but felt like he needed to be the man Jean wanted him to be, a false assertion of why Jean loved him, but it was how he saw he needed to be in order to be with Jean. Contrast that with Emma, who brought out things in him that he could never want to show Jean in spite of having a psychic rapport to his mind. Jean died and we go to the era of Emma.

This is where Scott is truly defined, a new kind of leader, one who actually made the decisions. This era is the reason why so don’t want Jean with Scott. Scott’s final change was a change different from the man she knew, he made the decision to become this person and be with Emma. He noted multiple times throughout his history that he chose Emma and would have chosen Emma had Jean lived. This divided people on Scott as change usually does, but this is what happened. Emma was driving force, but for once, Scott made decisions based on how he could change for the betterment of his goals and how he wants to live. Now, he is living for himself, not for Jean, not for Emma, maybe to an extent for mutantkind, but overall, he was living with his choice rather than regretting it when things got hard....at least that is how it seemed until Jott supporters were also writers. For the longest time, Emma seemed like the finale decision, and why not, he gave up what was supposed to be his view of the perfect girl for her so surely he this would mean he would stick by that choice no matter what whether Jean lived or died. Endsong to me should’ve been that nail in the coffin and it seemed like it was to be honest. For all intent and purpose, Scott still loved Jean, but circumstances had changed, Scott moved on and so did Jean after Endsong. They had their final moment, they should’ve moved on, and one of them did. The sad part, it wasn’t Scott that moved on and Jean who still pined for him which it would have been understandable because she had gone through so much and she shouldn’t be the one who had to be strong all the time. As Endsong beautifully demonstrated.

http://www.scottandjean.com/miniseries/endsong/images/endsong5_5.jpg

Still, Jean did recognize who Scott loved by Endsong, giving her that closure she needed and Scott gave the impression that Jean was the past and Emma was his future.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/21/aa/48/21aa488b3d14c49dfd01eb5493c86d4f.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/6/6e/Jean_Grey_%28Earth-616%29%2C_Phoenix_Force_%28Earth-616%29%2C_Emma_Frost_%28Earth-616%29_and_Scott_Summers_%28Earth-616%29_from_X-Men_Phoenix_Endsong_Vol_1_5_0001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150904174157

But, old habits die hard, making it hard to quit. It wasn’t Jean that still pined for Scott, no, Scott as per usually with his character, he is the classic reminisces the good ol’ days and wishes he could go back.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/85507/1867078-remember.jpg

https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xMTUvNTQ5L29yaWdpbmFsL1dPTFZYTUVOMjAxMTAzN19pbnRfTFIzXzAwMDAxLmpwZw==

So, that is basically my assertion of who Scott is. A lot of things behind the scenes really messed with his character, but this is honestly what he has become as a character. People seem to support Scott and jean but they don’t seem to realize the reprucussions of a decision like that. Not only would they enable writers to allow Scott to go back to his way of going back to what is familiar rather than grow, but what would happen to Jeans character if she gave in to such a thing? Canonically, she should still have moved on. People hate Jean and Logan if they support Jott, but at the very least that relationship is something yet to be explored with potential of growing Jeans character, a logical step forward if she wanted her back on the scene. If she were to go with Scott, she would be accepting all that baggage, that bad characteristic of his that propels him to cower when things don’t go as planned. You adapt, not shrink back to what feels good. It’s not easy, I can admit that myself, having that much of a hard time and yes, Jean was a force of good that made Scott a better man, and still good. Still, Scott should get there because he wants to, not because Jean would want to, as much as she would want him to. Sorry about how Jean heavy it is, but considering how people see an opportunity for Jott to appear, it is important to emphasize the mistake that they’d make if Jott did move forward. It wouldn’t be good for Jean and it wouldn’t help Scott. Ergo, why I support Emma and Scott, why I want Jean single or at least a natural relationship with someone else, or a long amount of time with a live Scott so that they are friends first, then maybe, maybe a relationship, like the teen versions. Ironic thing is, the teen versions didn’t need so much time to pass for them, but they still took that time. Unlike their older self, they didn’t need to carry the baggage, they could simply learn from the mistakes of the past, but that seemed too scary for them so they didn’t move forward until now, making Jott perfect for the teen ones who haven’t made any heartbreaking decisions and know that they not only like, but love each other.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Spoken like Scott who blindly dives in all feeling. Let’s see how it would benefit any relationship compared to 616 Jott for Jean and Scott separately.

Scott and Emma: If they get back together, they’d have moven forward on a relationship where Scott and Emma had bad blood after AvX according to Bendis. Well, by Bendis, Emma seemed to have gotten past it, but Scott wasn’t interested. Didn’t note any good reason why, one could suspect Jean. Had they gone with the relationship, it would serve as a rough patch with a brief break-up, but something they get passed, acknowledging that they still loved each other, and Bendis did write that they still loved each other. That relationship could still work because they technically had forgiven each other, gotten passed the AvX nonsense and would only get stronger in a relationship.

Jean and Logan: Canonically hunted at, and developed alongside Jott. With no Scott to hold her back, Jean could guiltlessly go with her heart. Logan could help her let go as a character, let loose as you wanted Jean to because of his instinctive nature, whereas Jean already influenced Logan to be more thoughtful in his approaches. They’d fight, but they’d get pass it. There is plenty of support and still a lot they can do with no baggage to claim that either couldn’t deal with, not even Logan’s murderous nature.

Warren and Jean: The only thing wrong here is Psylocke, but as far as I know, they aren’t official yet. They’ve dated before, Warren is dealing with a similar situation to what Jean has dealt with, ergo she could understand him as good anyone else could, possibly better.

Beast and Jean: Not very supported, but seen happen before so still possible. He canonically had a crush on Jean, but nothing said he ever stopped crushing on Jean. The only reason he never pursued was cause of Scott. The only setback is Teen Jean viewing him like a brother, but times could change and Jean Grey isn’t that young girl anymore. Beast has stuck by Jean all her life, so it could still work when done right.

Scott and Storm: Leaders who already collaborate well together. Storm is very much like Jean in personality, so it would work much the same way.

Now let’s look at Jott.

Scott and Jean: Been together since the beginning, have kids together, we’re married, and understand each other so much. So what went wrong? They took every logical step, been through everything, and knew that they loved each other, yet it failed? Is there reason to note that it couldn’t happen again? The past says no, there is no reason to say that it couldn’t. Is there a benefit? Yes, it is a familiar place that reminds them of what they used to have, but that also brings the hurt that came from the relationship before. Do they still love each other? Yes, but that didn’t stop it from ending before. So, I’d love couldn’t help, if the relationship has reason to fail still, why go through with it? Maybe it won’t happen again, it only happened once after all....oh wait, he has a history of leaving his wives when things get tough, abandoning ship when it sinks? Well, he’s changed right? Yeah, but what did he change into?.....But Jean could change him right, he can change? Typical response. He had chance to change before, he didn’t in the end before and considering what he would be doing now, that still shows he hasn’t changed. This is the very definition of a bad relationship.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iamre321

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@pyrofn: @iamre321: mind if i cut in???? LOL

sorry but logan told scott "the only reason u and jean stayed together for so long is because she was too strong to give in to what she really wanted(meaning logan himself) and u(speaking to scott) was to scared to let go" from Astonishing x-men first arc

also there was a part in "battle of the atom" where scott tells logan "she was never ur jean!"

jott would never be truly over ........team jott rules

Uhh ok?... I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here? Like what is the point of those quotes?... I agree with @pyrofn their relationship never really made too much sense, like they pretty much only started dating because they were the hottest boy/girl at the school at the time, their relationship has been pretty shaky and they need to both move on. I just don't get the Jott ship no offense.

@pyrofn : Yess... again I agree with everything you've said and thanks for clarifying some things. I also really ship Scott x Emma and hope that if he comes back they can get together again ( it seemed to me after AvX they both slowly started growing close again). Emma is the final decision and makes the most sense, but.... if the writers, who never like the status quo, if they HAVE to have him with some one else I would say Storm is the only other suitable candidate... I agree making Jott happen again would be regressive.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: well said ....well said

but like i said before emma(from bendis run) said "the door that is his love for jean grey would never fully close"........see writers always keep that door open........jean isnt some fly by girlfriend like lee or colleen........jean is supposed to be the "love of scott summers life" and they are supposed to be "mr and mrs x-men" like what reed and sue are to the FF or blackbolt and medusa to inhumans etc etc

as for jean and logan LOL .......never going to happen....why? Cause lets say logan and jean get married(shudders) then(wait a sec) scott come "back from the dead". Since scott and jean never got a divorce(hence with jean dying before they could) .....technically jean's first marriage to scott would be legal and jean's marriage to logan would be "null and void" (i know this cause it happens in soap operas a lot) Not to mention jean would probably want to change logan......make him more "adult/normal" like giving up smoking and drinking or killing etc etc Jean has always been logan's "dream girl" and i say keep it that way lol be fore it ruins both characters

like @ursaber said before ........i wouldnt mind if jean and scott got back together as long as it keeps the changes in both scott and jean.........also if it develops over time and not just rushed

edit: @iamre321 idk fans say jean and scott had there moment .........while others say emma and scott had there moment.......if emma and scott really loved each other then why not get married? settle down? have kids? ........i think the whole x-men fandom would be really upset accept for the scemma shippers

emma wanted to get back together with scott in uncanny x-men 600 but scott said no......emma said something like he was pushing her away and others cause he felt like he didnt deserve happiness cause of "killing xavier" and feeling guilty about that

i still like the idea of "utopia" where mutants are free to be mutants........they could make their own cities, language, music, art etc etc .......what if they could make there own rules for dating or marriage???? why not have scott and emma together for jan-june and then scott could be with jean july-dec .......there everyone happy LOL especially scott

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iamre321

@hopesummersforthefuture: "If emma and scott really loved each other then why not get married? settle down? have kids?" - Well I don't think marrying and having kids is the only way a couple can show they love each other. There are plenty of married couples with kids who don't like one another, and plenty of non-married couples who do, right? Also Marvel doesn't like characters staying together for too long and settling down, other than Reed and Sue maybe...

"i still like the idea of "utopia" where mutants are free to be mutants........they could make their own cities, language, music, art etc etc .......what if they could make there own rules for dating or marriage???? why not have scott and emma together for jan-june and then scott could be with jean july-dec .......there everyone happy LOL especially scott"

- Oh wow I'm very very ok with this idea... I mean does it sound like a pervy fanboy fantasy? Yes yes it does , I'll admit it, but I do agree with what you said that it could work lol. I mean as @pyrofn stated he has a deep love/connection with both and probably likes different aspects of both so why not? Lol I mean Emma seems like she wouldn't mind sharing, and yeah it would make Scott very very happy lol, the only one it would take a while to get used to is Jean. I like your idea though- it sounds alot like inhumans which for a long time Marvel has basically been trying to make the new X-men, but now that Disney is buying Fox they don't have to mess with the X-men anymore; no more wars, making them seem like villains, etc... Now I think an exciting way to go would be to have a utopia where mutants can be free, have their own cultures, etc... like you said similar to the Inhumans. They could still do superhero stuff on the side, but this way they have a way to be free. And yeah if their own culture/rules make polygamy normal then why not? Scott should totally go for it lol, he can lead with Emma and Jean at his side, might as well get Psylocke and Maddie in there too lol... I mean didn't Black Bolt have like 5 wives or something?

They need to make this canon lol, lets call Marvel. XD

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Scott not closing the door is the exact problem. He doesn’t make his mind up and deal with the results when they get rough. Like I said, there is not reason for JEAN to want that for herself. It’s not good for either of them, and we can at least acknowledge Jean evolves beyond making the same mistakes, thinking with her head before her heart. It’s how she could resist Logan and why the only one she actually dated was Warren in her life.

2) “Til DEATH do they part” That is to be taken literally you know. If a spouse has died, the widowed mate has all the freedom to choose celibacy or to find someone else, not to mention Scott wouldn’t want Jean to be lonely in her life if she truly wanted to find someone. Jean changing Logan depends on what she wants him to stop. She has that choice to say, no I won’t date you if you’re like this. She doesn’t change people, she can want them to change though. Unless she were to telepathically Force it to happen, which she wouldn’t do, it is ultimately up to the person to change. So if Logan does change for Jean, which we could presume he does a bit in the Renew Your Vows timeline, then all the better. FYI, Jean fully accepts all of Logan’s faults to begin with, again, even the murderous parts, since the beginning. It comes with the adamantium claws dig and that didn’t stop that attraction in the least, so that no, she wouldn’t change him in that way. Smoking? Maybe. Drinking? Not really a problem in typical marriages, but sure. Killing? Not necessary since Logan isn’t a raging killer and Jean is well aware of his downfalls. Jean isn’t that much of a typical girl, something that Scott probably should’ve thought of instead of running to Emma.

https://static0-cbrimages-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w820/s/static0.cbrimages.com/wp-content/uploads/goodcomics/2016/06/wolverinejean1f.jpg?lossless=1&q=40&w=728&h=1084&fit=crop

3) That I can get behind, as ive said before.

4) Emma and Scott never really discussed it on panel, probably wanted to take it slow and enjoy the moment as most couples do. Plus, we’ve seen alternate realities where they do marry, so it wasn’t out of the realm of possibility.

5) Polygamy? With Jean and Emma? Ahahahahahahah!!!! That is pretty funny to think about, but definitely not a possibility even in a comic universe. Families in polygamous marriages already have problems with mates giving attention when one needs attention and with rearing methods, etc. Plus, Jean and Emma could bear working with each other and living with each other, but not share the same guy.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn : 5.) Why not? I know it probably wouldn't happen, the public backlash would be too great, but why wouldn't it be able to happen plot wise? I mean if Betty and Veronica can date the same guy and still be best friends why not J&E? Emma would probably be willing to share if she had to, Jean probably wouldn't want to lose Scott and might be willing to share, and Scott himself probably fantasizes about this all the time lol...

No Caption Provided

@ursaber / @outside_85

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@iamre321 said:

@pyrofn : 5.) Why not? I know it probably wouldn't happen, the public backlash would be too great, but why wouldn't it be able to happen plot wise? I mean if Betty and Veronica can date the same guy and still be best friends why not J&E? Emma would probably be willing to share if she had to, Jean probably wouldn't want to lose Scott and might be willing to share, and Scott himself probably fantasizes about this all the time lol...

No Caption Provided

@ursaber / @outside_85

As cute as that might be, I see Jean as quite a strong willed person, and can get quite angry if provoked. Like during the Morrison run where she mentally undressed Emma and hit her over the head with all the things Emma hides away simply to prove there were limits to how far Jean was willing to put up with Emma's bs.

Plus I have to say I don't see Emma as a person who shares... I mean her path through life has sort of been lined with both hitting and shagging her way up the ladder of power. She wants to be queen, as Storm once noted, meaning she isn't really inclined to share the king (even if she's prepared to topple him if it suits her).

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: @outside_85: @pyrofn:i heard with marvel bringing jean back and giving her own series ........is the last hail mary from marvel to boost x-men sales ........if it fails then well i guess x-men could "disappear like the FF"

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: Betty and Veronica weren’t married to Archie, nor do they have a distaste for one another as you’ve expressed. Jean has been married to Scott Summers, lost him to the other woman, and the other woman has a distaste for her. Not to mention Betty and Veronica are teens if I’m not correct, slice of life characters whose biggest problems involve turning in their homework, crushing on a guy, and looking their best. Bad example.

Emma most certainly would not be willing to share if she had to, especially with Jean of all people. She accepts Jean as Scott’s history, not the love of his life. Whenever she suspected otherwise, it led to problems, prime example being Endsong, in which Scott explains that he loves Emma now, btw.

You still think Jean would hold that much value into her relationship with Scott after he threw it away? After he made it clear in Endsong that Jean knew that it was over? Emma even reiterating this fact to the Phoenix. Jean had to move on in Endsong, so why on Earth should she have to care, she doesn’t belong to Scott anymore. She should have moved on, she is free, no strings on her.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BKLty4KMvQs/Ux5JKF-XuTI/AAAAAAAAW1o/uhwRLQnSVIs/s1600/endsong4_15.jpg

Scott lost his chance and shouldn’t get it back without working for it and actually staying true to his decision. Not the scenario where he can weasel his way out of making an adult decision by saying, “Maybe we all can date.” A scenario that realistically would get him punched by a woman.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Well, Valeria did start popping up which gained buzz. As for X-sales, that is dependent on X-fans actually giving it chance rather than stubbornly saying it will suck before even an inkling about what it is in the book.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: Betty and Veronica weren’t married to Archie, nor do they have a distaste for one another as you’ve expressed. Jean has been married to Scott Summers, lost him to the other woman, and the other woman has a distaste for her. Not to mention Betty and Veronica are teens if I’m not correct, slice of life characters whose biggest problems involve turning in their homework, crushing on a guy, and looking their best. Bad example.

Emma most certainly would not be willing to share if she had to, especially with Jean of all people. She accepts Jean as Scott’s history, not the love of his life. Whenever she suspected otherwise, it led to problems, prime example being Endsong, in which Scott explains that he loves Emma now, btw.

You still think Jean would hold that much value into her relationship with Scott after he threw it away? After he made it clear in Endsong that Jean knew that it was over? Emma even reiterating this fact to the Phoenix. Jean had to move on in Endsong, so why on Earth should she have to care, she doesn’t belong to Scott anymore. She should have moved on, she is free, no strings on her.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BKLty4KMvQs/Ux5JKF-XuTI/AAAAAAAAW1o/uhwRLQnSVIs/s1600/endsong4_15.jpg

Scott lost his chance and shouldn’t get it back without working for it and actually staying true to his decision. Not the scenario where he can weasel his way out of making an adult decision by saying, “Maybe we all can date.” A scenario that realistically would get him punched by a woman.

actually i was a fan of archie as a teen and to me betty and veronica seemed more like "frienemies"............veronica(like emma) would always treat betty badly and make her cry. they both hate and like each other..........

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iamre321

@pyrofn said:

Yep so as @hopesummersforthefuture said- they started out as enemies and grew closer and then became best friends, even though- one of them is a snotty, superficial mean girl , while the other is a sweet, compassionate good girl who is very forgiving of her love and willing to stick with him always... sound familiar? Lol maybe you are right about Scott though I'm not sure what his personality would be if he came back after dying in IvX. I just remember him saying it didn't count since it was "just thoughts" when he got caught with Emma and then running to a strip club. Maybe the new Scott which like you said is more decisive and wouldn't try to weasel his way out... Though what I think would be funny if it happened is if he did try the "Maybe we all can date" thing he then gets slapped by both of them and then both of them bond over that and slowly grow close lol, like I was saying in the other post, maybe Jean and Emma could date each other and that would be an interesting change...

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Ehhh maybe you're right Luthor , but all 3 have changed so much since Morrison's run , it'll be interesting to at least see how these 3 will interact once reunited...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @iamre321: well as much as i liked scott/jean/logan triangle(and it was a long drag out one) I wouldnt mind if jean lived and emma and jean would fight over scott LOL............

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @iamre321: well as much as i liked scott/jean/logan triangle(and it was a long drag out one) I wouldnt mind if jean lived and emma and jean would fight over scott LOL............

I agree, the Scott/Jean/Emma triangle didn't even actually last that long, wheras the scott/jean/logan has been going since forever...

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with a Jean and Emma pairing is that neither of them have displayed any sort of attraction towards the other. Most of their interactions have been antagonistic in nature and while I feel they have at this point mostly buried the hatchet, they’re still no where close to discussing who will be the spooner and who the spoonee.

It just doesn’t feel organic.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @iamre321: how can u say scott and jean dont belong together????? heres them at there best

No Caption Provided

ha ha

but for real heres another pic

No Caption Provided

hes last thoughts before dying(in astonishing) is of jean and to the lesser extant Prof X(AT A TIME HE WAS MAD AT XAVIER AND HE WAS WITH EMMA.......JEAN IS DEAD) :P :D XD

CASE CLOSED forever

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iamre321

@hopesummersforthefuture: Nope , like @pyrofn has shown many times he chose Emma not Jean, and if you even look at my profile pic his thoughts are literally "I'm cheating on the redhaired girl with the blonde woman who is everything she's not and everything I need." So yeah while Jean is a part of his history that's all she is to him, he's moved on. ;)

edit: also man the art in astonishing is so ugly...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Nope , like @pyrofn has shown many times he chose Emma not Jean, and if you even look at my profile pic his thoughts are literally "I'm cheating on the redhaired girl with the blonde woman who is everything she's not and everything I need." So yeah while Jean is a part of his history that's all she is to him, he's moved on. ;)

edit: also man the art in astonishing is so ugly...

yeah but im just saying the pic from astonishing showed scott was thinking of jean and proX and not emma even though his relationship with jean was over and he was with emma.........shouldnt he have though of emma as his final thoughts???

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: Simple. That’s teen Scott dying by a writer who probably couldn’t remember his own name even if he had written it down on a piece of paper in front of him beforehand. (Exaggeration on how bad he is at remembering canon history)

Second image, let’s take a look at the context surrounding the image. Guilt about Jeans death and the way things had ended is the culprit, evidence again at Endsong when Emma tells him how his heart jumps at the thought of her in which his rebuttal is because they had so much history and he hated how THINGS ENDED. Shut down, try again? :P

Or shall I be the one to close a case that should have been closed from the beginning. I’ll put in another nail for extra security on the fact that you’re still noting on Scott’s End how they belong together when it should be on Jeans End that you need to worry since I’m arguing why it’s bad for HER. Who cares about him when he was the one that wanted to end things to begin with. Now the case is closed. Checkmate.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Simple. That’s teen Scott dying by a writer who probably couldn’t remember his own name even if he had written it down on a piece of paper in front of him beforehand. (Exaggeration on how bad he is at remembering canon history)

Second image, let’s take a look at the context surrounding the image. Guilt about Jeans death and the way things had ended is the culprit, evidence again at Endsong when Emma tells him how his heart jumps at the thought of her in which his rebuttal is because they had so much history and he hated how THINGS ENDED. Shut down, try again? :P

Or shall I be the one to close a case that should have been closed from the beginning. I’ll put in another nail for extra security on the fact that you’re still noting on Scott’s End how they belong together when it should be on Jeans End that you need to worry since I’m arguing why it’s bad for HER. Who cares about him when he was the one that wanted to end things to begin with. Now the case is closed. Checkmate.

lol i think u just proved my point :P

1) they have a lot of history ......well yeah they were with the x-men since the beginning......

2) scott hated how it ended......also in endsong he still referred to jean as his wife (not ex or dead but WIFE) scott didnt want to hurt jean but he knows he did and he would always be sorry for that.......which better way to make it up to jean by proving he still loves her and shes the love of his life??? since the beginning? no?

3) his heart jumps every time he thinks of jean but not emma....

food for thought?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) A lot of history that he threw away. You seem to coincidently forget that last part all the time. Don’t worry, I’ll keep reminding you. :P

2) ‘Was’ his wife. Past tense. Jean and Scott can’t perform marital duties while she is dead and they didn’t do anything to get back on track when Jean came back briefly in that same story. Besides, I am sure any woman could appreciate an “I’m sorry that I cheated on you with this woman” while laying in bed shirtless with his current girlfriend. Want to take another stab at it?

3) Wrong.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Q7lEL3CSwABJRVMZzgjNFIVYqAr2PEQjcS5CRXWhzwmXT7hi2CMUXWUHNjKmhWqR4ff_xP5qDvlr=s1600

Eat proper food and you will have the correct thought process.

4) Still have not given reason for Jean to want to go back to him. Meanwhile, I have given tons of evidence as to why Jean wouldn’t want to go back.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) A lot of history that he threw away. You seem to coincidently forget that last part all the time. Don’t worry, I’ll keep reminding you. :P

2) ‘Was’ his wife. Past tense. Jean and Scott can’t perform marital duties while she is dead and they didn’t do anything to get back on track when Jean came back briefly in that same story. Besides, I am sure any woman could appreciate an “I’m sorry that I cheated on you with this woman” while laying in bed shirtless with his current girlfriend. Want to take another stab at it?

3) Wrong.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Q7lEL3CSwABJRVMZzgjNFIVYqAr2PEQjcS5CRXWhzwmXT7hi2CMUXWUHNjKmhWqR4ff_xP5qDvlr=s1600

Eat proper food and you will have the correct thought process.

4) Still have not given reason for Jean to want to go back to him. Meanwhile, I have given tons of evidence as to why Jean wouldn’t want to go back.

on the pic one ........emma mind pushed kitty away .......emma made it looks like scott's heart jumped for emma........now ur out of context

all i know is jott is more popular them scemma cause of die hard fans and like u said jean and scott's shared long history

as for scott and emma here is a pic of there fighting

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

one of scott's inner thoughts ....."u turned them all against them and u turned me against jean".......hopefully if scott comes back from the dead this will happen^^ LOL

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iamre321

@hopesummersforthefuture : Yeah I think @pyrofn pretty much covered all of it... He regrets what happened with Jean, but doesn't regret picking Emma over her... Its not that their relationship was meaningless, but its been over for a while now. With regards to his final thoughts when dying, idk... i'm not sure how dying in space feels like so idk how one would even think at that time, besides we don't know if those panels shown were all he was thinking about.

"Besides, I am sure any woman could appreciate an “I’m sorry that I cheated on you with this woman” while laying in bed shirtless with his current girlfriend."- lol dang, nuff said... Btw @pyrofn do you happen to know how quick Scott and Emma started sleeping together for real? Does it ever say? All I remember was it must've been pretty fast cause all their teammates thought it was disrespectful...

"as for scott and emma here is a pic of there fighting" - ok?... I mean plenty of couples fight lol, there's plenty of fights between Jean and Scott lol...

As for the pic where he blasts Emma, idk. I don't know the context but his mind was being messed with I'm guessing? @pyrofn ?

@ashetdust : Well so that's what I'm saying, they need to bury the hatchet, if adult Emma and teen Jean could get along then why not the adult versions? They have a lot in common and their personalities really complement one another, if they just talk it out I'm sure they could slowly become friends and then MAYBE something more. A good author could make it happen I think and make it feel organic. This is my hope.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Emma’s a telepath, not a telekinetic. So pushing Kitty is not logical against someone resistant to telepathic assaults and another trying recover from being assaulted herself, aka weakened. Try to ignore it all you like, but the Phoenix itself confirmed that it was his heart that jumped for Emma. Good try though, that scene doesn’t make much sense in either context, so I don’t blame you for questioning the context.

2) The popularity is the only thing Jott has going for it. That doesn’t make it the right move. It’s like the jumping off a bridge analogy and Jott fans should honestly take a step back and think about this in a realistic sense because crowd mentality is dangerous and unreasonable. This is the exact reason why people call Jott a fairy tale romance. It’s become idealized, unrealistic when forced against logical thinking. Popularity should have little bearing on the narrative.

3) Couples Fight, so what. They may think such things in the moment, but they never mean them most of the time. And violence? You’re really gonna go by that? Do I really need to bring up Scott and Jeans fighting or will you retract it? Also, wasn’t Scott being manipulated in that bottom scan? Meanwhile, I can also bring Jeans “You’re an idiot” phrase to Scott from AvX if we are gonna go into what they think about each other.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: there was a scene from hope and scott talking and he told her "I've been treating u the way people have been treating me" something about people's expectations............being the leader of the x-men well u have to live by certain expectations ie Live by example.......

same with jean, u know being the first lady of X.........all im saying is she like scott have high expectations to hold and hold others too.....

off topic: about logan and jean. u know how logan thinks of alpha wolves......the best of the best gets or "wins" the girl. it seems more like logan is trying to prove his a alpha dog(lol) by getting with the "alpha mutant female" jean

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Ok. Don’t know what that has to do with anything. If you’re referring that Jean is expected to be with Scott, two answers depending on your context:

1) In story, that is completely wrong. Nobody in X-lore or Marvel lore expects Jean to be with Scott. In fact, no one stopped Teen Jean from rejecting Teen Scott in the beginning, not even her actual teammates that came with her.

2) If you mean by fandom expectation, that is their fault for having unrealistic expectations. At that point, they’d be unreasonable and I would frankly tell them to get over themselves because Jean doesn’t belong to anybody as she has said to both Logan and Scott in Inferno.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: all i know is emma would probably rub it in jean's face that "scott loved her more"........i just hope jean can defend herself......maybe bring up the fact that emma and scott didnt marry, or have kids or they didnt get back together after AvX????? Theres a old saying "why buy the cow if u get the milk for free" LOL

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iamre321

@pyrofn / @hopesummersforthefuture : This feels like a discussion more suited to the other forum https://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-men/4060-3173/forums/jean-grey-returns-thoughts-on-scott-x-emma-x-jean-1916188/?page=2

Also @hopesummersforthefuture I wouldn't worry about Jean being able to defend herself lol...

Now question for @pyrofn and everyone else: Do you guys think that what happened with Scott and Emma could've happened with Scott and Psylocke? Say if Jean went away on more missions or if she started showing signs of the Phoenix again ( how did she even start turning into the Phoenix again in Morrison's run?) and Scott and Psylocke's mutual attraction were allowed to grow and run its course? I mean they were on the same team separated from Jean so they had plenty of opportunity.... Do you guys think Scott would have eventually cheated on Jean with Psylocke like he did with Emma?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: Large possibility given his behavior around Psylocke, but there is still a disconnect emotionally. If Psylocke were to connect with him the same way Emma did, it could be very likely.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: @pyrofn: i just find it strange that emma and scott have a "psychic affair"............they barely know each other.....then scott comes in with the "poor woahs me my wife who i love more then anything doesnt understand me" BS........lets get naked in our minds and get dirty?!?!?!? LOL

i think in astonishing, emma said "when jean was alive u loved our mind games" then scott said "i never touch u" then emma says "so what it was in out head it doesnt count .....u feel guilt free" and scott said no

i give up on this conversation but u cannot shake my jott loving heart @ursaber

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.