Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Ruby summers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone like the concept of ruby summers' powers are?

Im not sure if i just dont like her because she's emma's daughter or the idea that she inherited both her parent's powers.

I mean most offsprings of mutants either have a different power or inherits same power from one of its parents. Some doesnt even inherit a mutant gene.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Heredity in the whole X-Men universe is poorly handled, particularly considering mutants are supposed to be the next stage of human evolution.

I have no problems with Ruby's powerset specifically, but it would be good to have more consistency. This is yet another thing that should be fixed if the X-Men universe is re-imagined.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Or it could be that Ruby was manufactured in a test tube using DNA from both Emma and Scott.

Or maybe she's Hope in disguise lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron: That would be like saying genetics are consistent and predictable. They're not. When it comes to an offspring you won't know what they will become until they are full grown. Even with taking into account the how common certain hereditary traits are, you still have that small chance of getting something unlike anything else. Ruby Summers may just be that small percent that have both her parents powers. Has anyone ever watched sky high?

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I have no problem with an element of unpredictability. The whole idea is that the most useful traits should be passed down. Over time, the mutants might all end up being TK & TP.

As I said, I don't have a problem with Ruby, in fact her powerset makes more sense than many X-Men children. I would just like core concepts of evolution to be more consistently applied over all of the X-Men.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah like Jean spawns don't tend to inherit her whole powerset inherently le copypaste. At least Ruby is unique :P

Seriously, I have no idea. I just rolled with the one which suggested it the ultimate Scemma combo... with randomly black eye beams.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for Ruby to make an appearance in the current books though. Especially if it's a young Ruby. Hell I'd rather read about her than the O5 or Eyeboy and Nature Girl.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I'm ready for Ruby to make an appearance in the current books though. Especially if it's a young Ruby. Hell I'd rather read about her than the O5 or Eyeboy and Nature Girl.

:P i love the O5 teens but are they really stuck in the 616 universe forever? i thought it was temporary. and im still looking forward to teen jean solo book

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron: That is if the X-Men were to have children themselves outside of Scott Summers. :P

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: so basically Jean has the most dominant Genes of the two? (No pun intended) Not surprising to say the least.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I hate how the O5 have been characterized and the fact that they are even in the present is and was a bad story. If they wanted to do an O5 story it should have been about the adults with a resurrected Jean. In fact now in my opinion the only to salvage them is to have them be prematurely aged by someone like Sinister or Spiral or Maddie or Dark Beast, or whoever. Get away from the teen angle

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: All the X-Men have children in alternate realities and futures. They need some real X-Babies in 616.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

It happens when you're Omega level telepath and telekinetic ;)

Nate Grey had energy projection as well though, but then again, uber telekinetic can mimic all powers, even reality warping.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: well, she is more powerful than scott

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PyroFN
    PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Curious. If Jean and Logan had a baby, would it get a combination of healing factor and psychic powers? One of their liies? Or something insane like heal the rifts in time and space? What about Jean and Bishop?.....This must be how Mr.Sinister targeted Jean and Scott.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TristanHeron

@pyrofn: Rogue with a kid would be interesting, but I don't really like the Rogue/Magneto pairing.

Dazzler with baby Shatterstar could be fun.

Is Franklin old enough to be a father these days?

Storm or Emma being pregnant would be interesting, as would Kitty Pryde for different reasons.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

Or something insane like heal the rifts in time and space

Heh, nice.

I was thinking myself of what power babies certain couples could bring, maybe I need make a thread, but that would be way too.... eugenically sinister of me. Speaking of which, IIRC he was obsessed with Jean AND Scott because his genes were supposed to further augment potential of Jean's children. Which is kind of redundant since she's already a cosmic force attracting OLM, but that's comic book logic for you. Power couples need some special treatment so that everyone will know this is a power couple, right?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron: Kitty: So, he finally went for it. I'm feeling sorry for the baby that will have YOU as a mother.

Emma: Oh, but Katherine, dear. Don't you feel bad for the mother whom had to carry you around?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yes. He never really took into account the Phoenix until Hope Summers. He probably figured I would have been easier to attain the genetics and form the army, rather than attempt it against a cosmic force of nature. His superiority complex probably grew after coming back from death so many times, prompting the AvX Uncanny X-Men tie-in issues with the Madelyne clones.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

wow, I kind of forgot how it originally went with Maddie and Sinister, more reason to go back and reread some of the old school goodies, it's not like current comics offer much instead.

I actually loved how he used Maddies to usurp the PF and that was Emma who screwed him in the end. Ah, Gillen's Sinister stories were great...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yup. It was genius, and a little bit lucky. (How was he suppose to know how close Jean and the Phoenix were)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.