Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Rogue and Gambit should be married.

Avatar image for daredevilfan777
    daredevilfan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By daredevilfan777

I feel like the recent love trist between rogue and Magneto was a bullshit move on the writer's part. Rogue finally gets a hold of her power and then leaves Gambit. They might have had rocky times, but overall he has stood by her without being able to be intimate. I feel like this is a couple that should have been married years ago. Instead we get the image of rogue tainted by old man crush.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rickbarry

Gambit has a lady friend now and she has tattoos. This makes her better than Rogue.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By lorex

The Rogue Magneto thing was just creepy IMO and I agree it existed to create more soap opera like drama. Thats not to say Rogue would have ended up with Ganbit but we all know they both have strong feelings for each other and I do think they could get back together in the future but that remains to be scene. Its also OK for them to be apart rght now.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

Rogue had her shot. As far as I'm concerned Remy is better off without her. "sorry my Rogue and Gambit lover homies"

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Timandm

@daredevilfan777: Yeah, the Magneto / Rogue thing came out of NOWHERE... and it's really hard to overlook the fact that he's about 75 years old and she's about 25.... Although, we do that for Wolverine all the time, don't we... I guess with Wolverine it's easier to ignore because he doesn't look much older...

Anyway, the story was truly a crap move and made no sense. The two of them together (age aside) was just.. ICK for lack of a better word... Nonetheless, we are stuck with the fact that it happened... Like O.M.D. It happened.. sigh... She totally hosed Gambit over, and I don't mean in a good way... Think about this... If you were Gambit, would you really want her back? You know where she's been... Would you want a woman that CHOSE to be with Magneto? Maybe she could date Apocalypse next...

There are plenty of better matches out there for Remy...

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Roguegirl24

@daredevilfan777: you are a mind reader, the chemistry between Gambit and Rogue isn't something just to get over it...and I belive the writers prepared something really big for them.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Onemoreposter

Am I the only one who read Age of Apocalypse? The rogue/magneto idea has been around for a while. Personally I was always a fan of it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine

I think the better question is why Magneto's in love with a hick like Rogue?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar

@John Valentine said:

I think the better question is why Magneto's in love with a hick like Rogue?

He's a dirty dirty old man!

Though if Namor fell in love with Rogue she could have a real fairy tale ending princess douchey and all!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

I don't quite follow. Rogue and Gambit should be married because Rogue and Magneto aren't a good idea? Anyway, I apologize, I am one of those fans. You know the types that looks at the characters like they are characters. Rogue didn't leave Gambit, Gambit didn't stand by her, yadda yadda yadda. Fictional characters, no conscious decisions. Sort of how we don't just blame the writers for negative things but the characters for positive. I think Rogue and Gambit do play well off each other, but the last time I liked them as a couple was like almost 20 years ago. The only writer who wrote them well was like Chris Claremont and a few other writers in the 90's. Marvel should you know, at least have one writer who can write Rogue or Gambit well in the basic general sense, before they go anywhere near the character brutal death trap that will utterly destroy and rip the heads off both characters that is character marriage. I mean no writer can even write the two well together and yet somehow a writer putting them into a situation thats a billion times harder to write will turn out all peaches and watermelons?   

As for Magneto? Well yeah, I think this is editorial exercising its muscle right now. I mean, it was bad enough during AOA Writers thought they were being clever referencing Rogue and Magneto in Savage Lands and Xavier's #4 crush on Jean Grey, but the characters are so ill for each other. Hopefully they are being pushed apart, at least it seems like it, and Marvel Now does seem like changing the status quo to help refine the characters.     

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Madame_Mist

I like them together, I really do, but they do not seem like the marrying type. Both of them. They can be really committed to each other, but marriage just seem like the right thing for them.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Roddy010

@Madame_Mist said:

I like them together, I really do, but they do not seem like the marrying type. Both of them. They can be really committed to each other, but marriage just seem like the right thing for them.

Agreed with this. I never seen these two as the married type. I always thought of them a very intimate couple so the love is real. I'd love to see writers address this relationship again but I see no hope.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

Yeah,but Magneto loves Rogue.

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roguegirl24

@TDK_1997: Did Magneto ever really loved somebody? Please... he was "married" his whole life to his plan of dominating the human race. Maybe he loves the idea of loving Rogue, but doesn't really love her.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lykopis

@Roguegirl24 said:

@TDK_1997: Did Magneto ever really loved somebody? Please... he was "married" his whole life to his plan of dominating the human race. Maybe he loves the idea of loving Rogue, but doesn't really love her.

Yep. Times One Million.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from the fact that Gambit and Rogue pretty much imploded after she left him to freeze in the Arctic Circle.

After that I never felt they SHOULD be a couple, and in actuality the Rogue and Magneto dynamic is much more interesting.

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roguegirl24

@Pwok21: please tell me, what's interesting about it? besides the fact that he could be her terrorist grandfather of course

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Charlemagne

@Onemoreposter said:

Am I the only one who read Age of Apocalypse? The rogue/magneto idea has been around for a while. Personally I was always a fan of it.

Its better then the Rogue/Gambit storyline thats for sure. What ever happened to stories about the Thieves Guild and Papa Voodoo and ish? It became all about following Rogue around the World in Legacy. Weak sauce. Gambit needs to be independent. I'm not a fan of immediately attaching him to some female in the new series either.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roguegirl24:

The simple dynamic of their relationship. The fact that they were attracted to each other before but Magneto's actions caused her run from the relationship. Now Magneto's a 'Good' Guy they're in a dedicated relationship but there's always the fact that it could crumble if he behaves how he used to.

Gambit and Rogue was just REALLY boring to me, so I prefer this relationship.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SarahB

The fact that Magneto is not "a good guy" but just hanging with the X-Men because circumstance pushed him that way is what makes it stupid.  It's not like Magneto changed, he's just doing what makes sense for his agenda so her "suddenly" acting like he has changed and all the reasons she should hate him from him torturing her during the trial of Gambit being forgotten just makes her look stupid.  It does not make it interesting.   

Gambit and Rogue did get boring but it was better than this when it was good.  For now they are apart and will be for at least two more years of Remender stories so that is moot.  They need time apart for Rogue to quit acting like a wishy washy fool. 

Rogue just broke up with Magneto with the same excuse she used on Gambit 5 years ago so good riddence to Magneto and Rogue but for the lamest of reasons.  Him joining her team to kill Legion without telling her should have already ended this "relationship" which consisted of two sex scene and absolutely no actual confronting of anything between them in same boring fashion they got together.  So its been boring from day one.  Not sad to see it go.   

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Roguegirl24
    No Caption Provided

@Rickbarry:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.