Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

RESURRXION WATCH: WHICH X-MEN ARE MISSING IN ACTION?

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@marvelman92: Rogue should be part of Gold.

Then again a team of leftovers with Rogue, Emma, Beast, Gambit, Polaris and maybe Wolfsbane and or M would be good.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then again a team of leftovers with Rogue, Emma, Beast, Gambit, Polaris and maybe Wolfsbane and or M would be good.

Sounds Like A Great Roster .

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious. Wouldn't Hope Summers also be an answer to their mutant problem, ya know, since she already restarted the mutant population before and Phoenix hosts always have connections to the Phoenix, if Jean Grey and Rachel Grey are anything to go by?

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That sounds amazing. I'd swap Polaris for Magik and would find it to be utter perfection.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Rogue is one of the main Avengers leaders right now so she is still active and in a book.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Sure, but I would like her back with the X-Men, where she belongs.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teerack
    @tristanheron said:

@teerack: Sure, but I would like her back with the X-Men, where she belongs.

I actually am really loving Rogue away from the X-Men right now. Some times characters need to take breaks from their teams to really grow. Honestly I would say the most interesting x-characters right now are Rogue, Dazzler, Kitty Pryde, and Wolverine(X-23) just because they are out doing different stuff then dealing with the same old mutant stuff.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: hope didnt restart the mutant population. She just released it. The phoenix force itself ignited the birth of new mutants worldwide. Hope is not connected to the phoenix anymore. If there's anyone who can call the phoenix to help the survival of mutantkind, it is teen jean or rachel. Deffinitely not hope

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt dazzler get mpox?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PyroFN

@darthphoenix: Hope is Phoenix. She was made for it since birth. Hope can't just cut her connection with the Phoenix either, Jean has tried in the past, but it didn't work. The only time I know of the Phoenix connection being cut off completely is when Jean cut Rachel's connection, as White Phoenix of the Crown. If I am not correct, I remember seeing a scan of Hope manifesting the raptor, though I could be wrong. I would have to search for it. Anyways, as badly as it was written in the end, Hope Summers will always be connected to the Force presumably until the connection is confirmed cut off by someone reliable, aka Hope Summers, the Phoenix Force, and/ or most importantly, Jean Grey.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/DgEPlOw6pg54u33HOA7sCzd35inRcOTRmNbhcHFS6Qeow0DWa3xD3-N4xeULjt_mFl0V-P1mieKO=s0

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xRn5oPLPLyYiG8VPQD9bAQSDYODLGeQu08umaESNAIcgxn4NbtaP204dZMtAc4WM3wmrSlWW52Gy=s0

According to the person who posted these scans, they said they were from Cable and X-Force.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@teerack: Rogue has not been anywhere near as relevant as she has been in Uncanny Avengers in years. Guggan is treating her well.

Her going back to the X-Men during times of creative decline would be wanting her to be with the X-Men just for the sake of it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selina_sublime: you responded to the wrong person i was saying g rogue is great on the avengers. You probably meant to respond to @tristanheron:

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: hope was a phoenix host. Hosts' connections are cut once the phoenix force leaves a host (just like what it did with the phoenix 5) or once a host releases it, just like what rachel and hope did.

After being a phoenix host, one's power levels would still be stronger than usual. After sometime an ex host's power levels would go back to normal.

Jean took rachel's Phoenix echo powers because she was gathering all her missing pieces again.

Since hope once became a host, she will have a chance again to be one after she dies and go to the white hot room and incubate in a phoenix egg.

For now, she is no longer connected to the phoenix force

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Academy X kids we actually like. Everyone from the original Generation X that isn't Jubilee. Most of the New Mutants aside from Sunspot and Cannonball (US Avengers). I also don't think I've seen present Beast anywhere. Maybe he gets killed off in IvX?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@teerack: she got kicked off by Hydra Cap. Deadpoool and Cabletoo.

I'm hoping the UA will kick Steve to the curb and let Rogue and Wade stay. Then when Steve is back to normal then he can come back.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Teerack

@avenging_x_bolt: I wouldn't expect the Uncanny Avengers to lose all its mutants for good. I'm sure they will be back soon.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack and @Selina_Sublime: I haven't read any Uncanny Avengers. Which arcs do you think are worth reading?

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was worried that Magneto would be missing for a while, but unfortunately he will be in the O5 book.

Looks like Rogue is still going to be missing from the X books.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack and @Selina_Sublime: I haven't read any Uncanny Avengers. Which arcs do you think are worth reading?

All of it. It's a really good book.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Not entirely true. The on to the force doesn't necessarily go away, as Death and Endsong have shown for Jean.

As far as Rachel goes, I know why Jean took it, but that isn't really relevant to my point. Bloodlines the Phoenix favors always have that connection even after it leaves them, that's why Rachel exclaimed she couldn't feel it, as if it were never there. It not only suggests that Jean cut it off, it suggests that there was always a small connection between the Phoenix favorite potential hosts. Nate Grey is another example when he flared up Phoenix-like energy at one point.

Hope Summers is speculative in my eyes because we don't everthinabout her and her supposed connection to Jean, other than in physical resemblance to Jean and Rachel.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I think you may be reading too deeply into the Phoenix retaking its echo from Rachel. Unless I missed something, I've never read anywhere where a current or previous host has stated they can always feel their connection to the Phoenix after having hosted it.

According to Claremont, Rachel is supposed to be the daughter of Jean and the PF. Two moms, no dad. If what you're saying is true, why would the PF cut its connection to its only child?

http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2016/03/100-unexpected-wonder-with-chris-claremont/

Listen in starting around 11 minutes for the Rachel reveal, but honestly the whole interview is fascinating.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Rachel's echo is granted just an echo, though the connection has been there for far longer than when she received the echo from the Blade. It has to do with her connection with Jean. We that there is a connection with Hope and Jean when she grasps the locket with Scott and Jean's picture in it. (Granted she is a baby, but that moment is not something the writer would've just put in for no reason.)

Of course I could be oh so far off. That is when I would like someone with more firsthand knowledge than me to interject. (Preferably with scans.)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really sad to see Uncanny go. It's the crap books that get relaunched and the good one that goes. Unbelievable...

ryanmykedaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Really? No Uncanny books anymore?! Wow. Thats historical; why isn't anyone talking about this? I assumed that it will exist with the leftover characters. This mean only All-New Wolverine/OMLogan continues...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanmykedaza:

Well I assume it goes. Its sales aren't that good (just like the whole X-line) and without Bunn and Magneto, doesn't look like it will continue. And well, yeah. It's the first line without Uncanny X-men I guess...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: looks like emma isnt going to make it after IvX but then again she does have a death wish

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.