Regarding Cyke & Jean marriage

• 62 results
#1 Posted by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/04/08/x-men-monday-featuring-jordan-d-white-7-x-deaths-sexy-x-men-and-cyclops-and-jean-greys-marriage/

Jordan: Great question! I would think yes–their marriage was likely legally dissolved. Jean was pretty clearly dead for a while there, I am confident they had her legally categorized as dead and executed her will. Yes, she came back… but what matters is the legal status. Much like if a person is missing for a very long time and declared dead, their spouse is legally released from the marriage.

If you want to get even weirder when you think about it, there’s this: the wedding of these two people actually never happened. The Cyclops who married Jean died in issue #1 of Secret Wars. He was replaced by a recreated version who was created with the memory of having married her… but that event never actually happened. Has there ever been a ruling on the legal distinction between events that occurred and those that exist only in forged history and memory?

Because @hopesummersforthefuture can't stop derailing every thread.

#2 Posted by HAWK2916 (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

God please don't make this a thing..... Not really worth discussing

There are plenty other issues that should be addressed and retconned as never happening much more than this

#3 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we just get one JeanxScott thread for Hope to write her fanfic in?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#4 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Can we just get one JeanxScott thread for Hope to write her fanfic in?

yay! lol but then who would read it?????

if i write it they will come? LOL

darn just when i run out of ideals arrrrrrrgh !!!!

#5 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

.....sigh

#6 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: i just ignore the whole "scott died in secret wars" garbage........i thought secret wars didint happen???

Also just because jean and scott arent married anymore.......doesnt mean they cant still have feelings for each other(deep rooted feelings that wont go away)

@pyrofn XD XP XP

#7 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: @koays: @pyrofn@ursaberlets not forget jean and scott kissed and scemma hadnt kissed since 2012(AvX) a whopping 7 years

(Also "i wouldnt touch u with namor's trident" line was the best line in x-history........scott doesnt want emma, at least not anymore)

No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: This is why you drink, isn’t it?

#10 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: This nonsense is why i will never stop

#11 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: You missed Rosenbergs point, didn’t you?

jean and cyke belong together it is foretold XD XD XD

@pyrofn said:

@koays: This is why you drink, isn’t it?

No Caption Provided

leave koays alone, he dont know what day it is ha ha XD XD

#12 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Rosenberg made it clear the purpose was for Jean to take advantage what little time she had left to interact with Scott. Not to say she wants a relationship. She isn’t going to be in a relationship with a dead man, so that kiss was not a “yes, I want to be with you forever!”.

2) You’re telling me to leave @koays alone? You’re the one driving him to the bottle!

#13 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: ......A budlight She put a picture of a Budlight? smfh

#14 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @koays: @ursaber@mrnihal didnt anyone see my earlier post?

i said jean and Cap have been secretly dating since x-men red ended..........thats why Cap wants to help mutants now in uncanny

imagine the jealousy from scott! Logan! Emma! iceman!(yes iceman admitted he likes Cap)

hahahahaha ha ha

#15 Posted by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill it with fire.

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Kill it with fire.

lol "heartburn?" hahahah ha ha

jean can easily get over scott but scott is the one that has a hard time letting go(but scott also has a history of being cold and distant near the end of the relationship, he did it with maddie then jean then emma ))

@pyrofn if u read above.......i think mr sinister did something to scott's mind so he will never truly "settle down" .....once he has kids with one woman the he moves on to the next cause sinister wants scott to have a lot of kids

No Caption Provided

to morrisons run when jean tells scott "i cant stand u being so cold and distant all the time"

to emma, after emma gets her arm fixed, namor says something like "im glad ur ok" and emma looking at scott says "at least someone cares"(uncanny 9 Gillian's run 2011)

#17 Posted by God_Spawn (43165 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I got you, buddy. I’ll write the greatest X-Men love story ever told, starring you, Hopesummersof, and Rachel.

#18 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: And pigs will fly, up is down, and trump becomes president....oh wait...

#20 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: That would be an interesting story if it were Sinisters manipulation.

@koays: What would you think of the idea of Sinister having implanted something that urges him to try to be with many women for breeding the perfect mutants?

#21 Edited by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: At this point Scott's history is over complicated I'd be against adding anything that wasn't already there.

@godspawn I'll drink to that. Not like in celebration.....but like in the way where the very notion of something leads you to drown your sorrows in alcohol and sadness.

#22 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @iamre321 nobody has suffered more then jott fans........(scemma got off easy)

i think marvel is trying to throw us off(but its going to be jott, lots of jott soon) especially with the marvel 25th anniversary cover

cant wait for tomorrow's solicits

No Caption Provided

#23 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: That would be an interesting story if it were Sinisters manipulation.

@koays: What would you think of the idea of Sinister having implanted something that urges him to try to be with many women for breeding the perfect mutants?

Ehh I'm not too keen on those types of retcons... Like Koays said already way too complicated. Like the whole Jean/Phoenix thing should've just been Jean the whole time.

He hasn't really even been with that many women though at least compared to like Spidey or Tony... I count 3 long term relationships and 2 short term, not a lot tbh...

I think the explanation is just he's afraid of settling down and just likes to try and can't control his urges (like most guys are).

#25 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: How wonderful to know that you are still raving about nonsense to this day.

Lol....

@hopesummersforthefuture Lol how? At least Scott and Jean had such a long time together. How did Scemma get off easy? First the writers create the whole Namor / Emma thing just to stir up drama, then Scott chokes the phoenix force out of her. How's that easy?

#26 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: How wonderful to know that you are still raving about nonsense to this day.

lol

@iamre321 said:
@pyrofn said:

Ehh I'm not too keen on those types of retcons... Like Koays said already way too complicated. Like the whole Jean/Phoenix thing should've just been Jean the whole time.

He hasn't really even been with that many women though at least compared to like Spidey or Tony... I count 3 long term relationships and 2 short term, not a lot tbh...

I think the explanation is just he's afraid of settling down and just likes to try and can't control his urges (like most guys are).

didnt in morrisons run scott say "him and jean tried to hold on to the one thing they felt on the moon together" but that wasnt jean?!?!?!?!? so i think scott real love is "the phoenix" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

@koays@god_spawn for cyclops fans thats got to hurt ha ha (just joking........or am i 0.0)

**mindblown**

#27 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: He did say it was love to a Phoenix Egg. Just sayin.

LOL i remember it was in a Avengers book hes says "it feels like love" lol

#29 Posted by AsheTDust (1873 posts) - - Show Bio

So no more Jott?

Looks like they’re actively trying to move forward with the Jishop ship then.

#30 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

So no more Jott?

Looks like they’re actively trying to move forward with the Jishop ship then.

They better not... If Jean is gonna be with anyone it better be Scott.

#31 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

I'm pretty sure Sinister is disappointed about Scott and Emma not having a kid together...

No Caption Provided

I wish Ruby Summers was in 616 universe.

Also I can get that Jean is the apex of evolution but Scott? Aren't Havok and Vulcan both more powerful? Especially Vulcan? Shouldn't Sinister be trying to go after them? Also not a bad villain to have- one who tries to get you laid as much as possible...

#32 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: 1) LMBO! His diabolical plan is to get you to bed the girl you’ve crushed on since you were a teen.

2) I don’t think he cares for Emma. It’s more him stating his twisted opinion.

#33 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: 1) LMBO! His diabolical plan is to get you to bed the girl you’ve crushed on since you were a teen.

2) yeah he said "not the same class" meaning jean is above emma(well in terms of power) .........but funny emma is richer/HasMoreMoney then jean LOL

#34 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

Haha I know right? What a horrible evil villain lol.

Ehh Its just kinda weird how obsessed he is with Scott and Jean's bloodline in particular, I know he goes after others as well but still... Like Franklin Richards is the most powerful mutant on earth, Xavier and Magneto also have strong bloodlines.

#35 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: Koays explained it best in regard to why the Grey and Summers lines fit perfectly genetically.

#36 Posted by Red_Paladin_ (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: Koays explained it best in regard to why the Grey and Summers lines fit perfectly genetically.

I am yet to come across a convincing argument for this, at best if you make all allowances they create unstable glass cannons that inevitably destroy themselves, like X-man, Rachel can't be considered evidence in this discussion because of the Phoenix's part in her conception, (whether as her Mother or Father) Future Jean/Xorn even developed the overload problem that Nate has demonstrated, when her development was pushed to much to early, (hence why she had the restraint mask), and for all Sinisters talk of Scott being Mutant Pure, the only known mutants in his family tree are Vulcan, Havok and Black Womb, his parents and Grand Parents were all baseline humans, as was his ancestor Daniel Summers...

#37 Edited by Red_Paladin_ (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@pyrofn said:

I'm pretty sure Sinister is disappointed about Scott and Emma not having a kid together...

No Caption Provided

I wish Ruby Summers was in 616 universe.

Also I can get that Jean is the apex of evolution but Scott? Aren't Havok and Vulcan both more powerful? Especially Vulcan? Shouldn't Sinister be trying to go after them? Also not a bad villain to have- one who tries to get you laid as much as possible...

Yes if Sinister was so set on pairing these lines Vulcan (Who is also Omega Level Mutant) or even Havok (Still a poor choice) would of made way more sense than Scott...

No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_paladin_: Except he had no access to Vulcan even if he knew about him, and Havoks location was unknown for a while.

As far as Genetics go, Hes always said that Summers DNA was pure Mutant. So to a degree it must not have mattered which Summers brother he had just which one he had access to. And what WAS important was what he combined it with....i.e. a Grey.

#39 Posted by Red_Paladin_ (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Kill it with fire.

lol "heartburn?" hahahah ha ha

jean can easily get over scott but scott is the one that has a hard time letting go(but scott also has a history of being cold and distant near the end of the relationship, he did it with maddie then jean then emma ))

@pyrofn if u read above.......i think mr sinister did something to scott's mind so he will never truly "settle down" .....once he has kids with one woman the he moves on to the next cause sinister wants scott to have a lot of kids

No Caption Provided

to morrisons run when jean tells scott "i cant stand u being so cold and distant all the time"

to emma, after emma gets her arm fixed, namor says something like "im glad ur ok" and emma looking at scott says "at least someone cares"(uncanny 9 Gillian's run 2011)

So you think Sinister programed Scott when he had him as a kid, to have Children with as many woman as possible, once he grew to maturity, which would invalidate the idea that he cares for any of the woman he's ever had relationships with, and would explain why he rebounds immediately when he thinks they are dead and/or absent, but would also mean that he is terrible at carrying out his one mission because instead of ending up in a series of endless drunken one night stands, night clubs, parties dating services and making donations to the sperm bank, to have as many kids as possible, he literally ends up in a long term relationship where he ends up cheating on his partner and only ends up having one kid with a clone that Sinister planted, in his life...

#40 Posted by Red_Paladin_ (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@red_paladin_: Except he had no access to Vulcan even if he knew about him, and Havoks location was unknown for a while.

As far as Genetics go, Hes always said that Summers DNA was pure Mutant. So to a degree it must not have mattered which Summers brother he had just which one he had access to. And what WAS important was what he combined it with....i.e. a Grey.

We do not have context for what Sinister means by Pure, he certainly doesn't mean only Mutants in his direct family line, which can easily be dis-proven, and without proper context this point is useless to the disscussion, Yes Sinister Did know about Vulcan, although one could claim he lost access to him after the Krakoa mission, the three brothers have vastly different potential, in their related abilities which are not identical Scott and Alex are more comparable to each other, but Gabriel's are a whole other level, also the only real motivation I can find for Sinister wanting to mix these two lines are two time travel events (which may have caused his obsession) and extreme personal bias, he is certainly not being objective, or logical about it...

#41 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_paladin_: He has never once stated that powerset's had anything to do with his Summers obsession. Whereas he has expressed interest in other mutants powers.

If it is something in the Summers X-Gene, then he doesn't care about their powers. When he cloned Maddie from Jean she didn't develop any of her powers and he still paired her up with Scott.

As far as the Summers and Grey mix, it's been stated that he spent years influencing genetic lines around the world and he found that a combination of the Summers and Grey bloodlines would result in a powerful mix.

#42 Edited by God_Spawn (43165 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: What if I’ve been a Mr. Sinister this whole time and manipulated the years of events on this board that resulted in the eventual marriage of you and Hope? Rachel is just a backup. It could create the most powerful god/king (on your end) lol posting gibberish mutant on the other.

#43 Posted by Koays (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: What if I’ve been a Mr. Sinister this whole time and manipulated the years of events on this board that resulted in the eventual marriage of you and Hope? Rachel is just a backup. It could create the most powerful god/king (on your end) lol posting gibberish mutant on the other.

LMFAO...yea, if thats the case I'm going with my back up. Having a half real, half comicbook character child with Rachel still makes more sense to me then half the things my "perfect match" tags me in.

#44 Posted by Red_Paladin_ (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@red_paladin_: He has never once stated that powerset's had anything to do with his Summers obsession. Whereas he has expressed interest in other mutants powers.

If it is something in the Summers X-Gene, then he doesn't care about their powers. When he cloned Maddie from Jean she didn't develop any of her powers and he still paired her up with Scott.

As far as the Summers and Grey mix, it's been stated that he spent years influencing genetic lines around the world and he found that a combination of the Summers and Grey bloodlines would result in a powerful mix.

Then by that logic Scott isn't adding anything to the mix, if his powerset is irrelevant, then his X-gene that gives him his abilities is also irrelevant, to Sinister's plan, this claim of Sinister's would have more weight if all of Scott's direct line were Mutants, that Sinister had manipulated the various marriages and relationships and Scott happened to be the one to inherit all the Trait's Sinister wanted, up to that point, however that is not the case, Scott isn't some multi powered Superman, honestly there are real life exotic cat breeders that would have done a better job than Sinister planing this out...

Maddie still had the potential for Jean's abilities, even if they weren't active, she would of been close to identical genetically...

Sinister unlikely had any influence over Jeans line prior to her, the Dark Mother Jean's ancestor had used her precognitive talents to plan many of the marriages of her descendants, she had mentioned having been aware of Jeans abilities as well, however he did have influence over Shaw's line certainly...

No Caption Provided

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (43165 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_paladin_: Is Maddie a perfect copy of Jean? Genetically speaking? Also what about Jean's other siblings?

#47 Posted by cattlebattle (17727 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Sinister's motivations have always been clunky, they are however, the result of multiple retcons throughout the franchise's history and have just been made further inconsistent with people lumping even more revelations upon it.

#48 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay.

#49 Edited by Red_Paladin_ (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@red_paladin_: Is Maddie a perfect copy of Jean? Genetically speaking? Also what about Jean's other siblings?

Really depends on how Sinister Cloned her, I always assumed she was about as close as an Identical twin, however Sinister's chart seems to count them as the same person, (possibly because Jean took on her memories at some point) Sinister dismissed the possibility of Jean's Siblings because they didn't display Mutant abilities, although Sarah commented that her Kid's might be mutants I'm not sure if that was later confirmed...

#50 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I feel like Jean has gotten the worst treatment out of all the Marvel characters; The whole Dark Phoenix thing, dying and coming back again and again, clones and alternate timelines, her husband cheating on her, dying again, her parents, siblings and relatives all being killed by the Shiar while she wasn't around...

Jeez I wish Marvel would cut her a break and give her a happy story for once...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.