Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Question about the M'Kraan Crystal... just a question

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is the only access to the White Hot Room, the M'Kraan Crystal itself?

Like... sure you can connect to the White Hot Room through spirit, dimensional travel, shit like that but... is like, its still channeled through the M'Kraan Crystal? I know the Phoenix is called the "Child of the M'Kraan Crystal". My guess is that, the WHR is only accessible through the stone, by whatever means, but all pathways still lead through the stone? Right?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the only access to the White Hot Room, the M'Kraan Crystal itself?

Like... sure you can connect to the White Hot Room through spirit, dimensional travel, shit like that but... is like, its still channeled through the M'Kraan Crystal? I know the Phoenix is called the "Child of the M'Kraan Crystal". My guess is that, the WHR is only accessible through the stone, by whatever means, but all pathways still lead through the stone? Right?

In short, no. There are a total of five ways to the White Hot Room, with the M’Kraan Crystal being one of them because the location was established to be inside. Two ways will make sense as to why the M’Kraan Crystal in particular is the location, confirmed in New X-Men vol 1 #154.

No Caption Provided

The second way is through a necklace that, according to Wolverine, Jean Grey had created and passed on to Rachel Summers, her daughter, before she died. According to Jean herself, this necklace held the essence of all that she was, which might have included some residual of the Phoenix or the gem may have been an M’Kraan fragment. Speculation aside, it was this necklace that pulled Rachel and Betsy into the WHR to escape the Chaos Wave in House of M. It is unknown what happened to the necklace post-House of M.

No Caption Provided

The third way that one can access the White Hot Room is directly a degree of reality warping. Jamie Braddock, an Omega Level Reality Warper, directly accessed through room to pull Rachel and Betsy out. Though some claim he warped the entire room, it was confirmed in the recap that merely pulled the two women out of the room, not warped it. The only known case of someone warping the room is from the Phoenix itself and Jean Grey (White Phoenix of the Crown), the latter whom was capable of locking out Scott Summers from entering the room. Basically though, if you can reality warp, you may be able to access it, so long as Phoenix doesn’t lock you out of it.

No Caption Provided

The fourth way to access the room is to become the Phoenix itself. This is because the White Hot Room is Heart and Mind of the Phoenix Force, as well as a nexus point for all Phoenix to go when they are done with their life-course. So, it would make sense that the best way to access this realm is through the Phoenix itself, so long as White Phoenix of the Crown doesn’t lock you out.

No Caption Provided

The last and final way kind of correlates with the fourth avenue. In basic terms, the Phoenix Force accepts you inside the room after your death or when you go to commune with it. This is similar to way four, but the difference is that you don’t need to be a Phoenix host to enter the room. Ask it’s permission, and it could lead you inside. But to do this, you MUST die in order to enter into the room or enter into the heart of the Phoenix. This of course is the least ideal way because it’s the most guaranteed to get you killed, but the Room is sort of an afterlife, so it’s to be expected.

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just in case, @lordofallhumans, did I cover all the bases of how to get into the Whitw Hot a Room? Or am I forgetting something?

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the white hot room also like the minds Cape of the Phoenix

I think that's what Quentin was trying to do, access into its mond

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: this is actually something I should send to Mr. Marvelous aka Lady Loki.

Thanks for the, very detailed and in depth overview of the White Hot Room, as far as accessing it, and its relationship with the Phoenix and even Jean Grey. I see that the M'Kraan Crystal is more the location, but not the only access point. Funny enough, a lot of what seems to be canon, is unwittingly being used, so thumbs up for that!

I ask because... you may have remember a number of posts of mine, in regards to the Phoenix. All that had to do with an RPG that I WAS a part of (taking a break from them); however decided to check out my friend's work on a collab X-Men series. Her project is totally separate, but also changes the narrative of the Phoenix's story, quite a bit. To the extent of adding a third saga, thus calling it "The Phoenix Trilogy". I've talked about this before, but in context of our RPG, and not as its own thing.

Her ideas for Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force is supposed to bring something really fresh and new, especially with the rise of a "cosmic rival". She and I got into it over some of her ideas revolving around a "disturbing occurrence" that happens in the Crown(?) of White Hot Room. I mean, the story makes sense, and this plot device is used to kick off the thrid Phoenix Saga. but it only make sense because I'm not knowledgeable. I think it would be helpful if she spoke to someone here, for more insight than she's getting from X-Fans on Facebook.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I know the White Hot Room was declared the birthplace, rest place, afterlife and workspace of the Phoenix. I don't think I've read the WHR as the mind of the Phoenix. Cuz damn, uh... yeah that'd weird things up lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PyroFN

@del_torro said:

It is. Heart and Mind are used interchangeably. It makes sense really, since in our culture, we substitute our very inner being with the heart, which is in the literal core of our body. So, drawing the parallel in a more metaphorical sense, the heart actually means the central part of the Phoenix being, which in usual circumstance is the mind in the literal sense.

Though some use more literal interpretations like Kingdom Heart, or when Quentin in the scan tells that they have to dive into the heart of the Phoenix to reach its mindscape.

@teamgxone

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: Thanks. Though I am not into the whole RPG thing often, I am happy to provide info where necessary. I am not confident about my knowledge being absolute, so I do rely on others to correct me. @del_torro is another reliable source of info regarding the X-Men Mythos as are other X-Fans.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@teamgxone: Thanks. Though I am not into the whole RPG thing often, I am happy to provide info where necessary. I am not confident about my knowledge being absolute, so I do rely on others to correct me. @del_torro is another reliable source of info regarding the X-Men Mythos as are other X-Fans.

Oh no lol I only mentioned the RPG (which I myself left for time being). What I was talking about is a collaborative fan anime series, which winds up centering on the Phoenix Saga/Trilogy. I was saying that I should share this thread with the writer of the animation, so she could talk to ppl here too about the Phoenix and the X-Men herself. So she can have another opinion aside from Facebook X-Fans :D

@pyrofn said:

It is. Heart and Mind are used interchangeably. It makes sense really, since in our culture, we substitute our very inner being with the heart, which is in the literal core of our body. So, drawing the parallel in a more metaphorical sense, the heart actually means the central part of the Phoenix being, which in usual circumstance is the mind in the literal sense.

Though some use more literal interpretations like Kingdom Heart, or when Quentin in the scan tells that they have to dive into the heart of the Phoenix to reach its mindscape.

Okay, I can actually see that. I think she's written the WHR to bare some semblance to that idea, being a like a mental landscape or state of the Phoenix, or more like the Phoenix Consciousness (something else I don't understand). However, it is still treated as a separate realm.

It still gets weird to me, as she introduces a cosmic level problem child for the Phoenix, within the White Hot Room... like, I can see that happenenig, yet... how is that possible iykwim. but that's why I'm asking questions, because its still kinda confusing 😕 LOL

JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep your some weird kind of troll like... why do you keep asking questions like these? its like your deleberately trying to ask difficult questions to get some rise out of ppl

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyx: If I want to, I could report you.

I can't help that I'm a thinker, and someone that considers how reality would actually work, even in a fictional world. No one is arguing in my threads, there's no name calling or anything. Maybe you don't like the questions I'm asking, maybe these are questions YOU can't answer. At any rate, don't come shit on me, cuz I ask whatever it is I ask about.

JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: ok look i wasnt trying to start anything and shouldnt have said that. i was just like... wait a sec, why is this one acct constantly asking questions that seem deliberately difficult to answer. it felt like u were a troll. sorry, i am wondering like you mention anime series, then someone writing stories, and... i'm just lost at why ur asking all these questions, no hate :)

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyx said:

@teamgxone: ok look i wasnt trying to start anything and shouldnt have said that. i was just like... wait a sec, why is this one acct constantly asking questions that seem deliberately difficult to answer. it felt like u were a troll. sorry, i am wondering like you mention anime series, then someone writing stories, and... i'm just lost at why ur asking all these questions, no hate :)

Well that's not how you came across at all.

You shouldn't have just assume I was trolling, should have simply ASKED why am I asking questions. FIRST of all... I have a right to ask whatever I wanna ask. Big deal.

Secondly, I am a part of a fandom movement to create a Marvel Multiverse, based on the opinions of fans. Just like Marvel, we have multiple timelines, the "main" timeline being in the form of an anime short series. However, there will be other offshoot fan created comics, stop mos, animations and more, surrounding the main timeline.

As for why I'm ACTUALLY asking questions... there are a lot of "unique" ideas proposed, that... I'm unsure of. Especially pertaining to the Phoenix Saga. There's a major change to the whole Phoenix's story that greatly differs from canon. I'm here asking questions in hopes of gaining some answers, which haven't been all that fruitful. This forum feels like they primarily just wanna talk canon stuff, which is fine, but it means I need to find somewhere with more engagement. I would like to converse with those who would be interested in building a fanmade Marvel Universe, but I don't get that's the mentality here.

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
    One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay i dont get it i'd like to answer on what your asking if I knew WHAT it is you're asking.

um You're asking if the White Hot Room is inside the Quantum realm, or what exactly?

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay i dont get it i'd like to answer on what your asking if I knew WHAT it is you're asking.

um You're asking if the White Hot Room is inside the Quantum realm, or what exactly?

LOL you're getting these posts confused.

I was asking how the White Hot Room is accessed as... there's a fan collab Marvel Universe being developed into its own series. Due to the major changes and additions made by the primary fan writers, I've been here asking lots of questions.

The White Hot Room is located inside the M'Kraan Crystal, however there are other ways to access it, the Phoenix itself being on. If you look above at @pyrofn's post, it would detail that aspect of my question much more :)

In this fan collab story, the Phoenix is confronted with a counter "Cosmic Rival" who is... who manifests? or is born in the Crown(?) of the White Hot Room. This causes massive disturbances, and the beginning of a new, strenuous challenge for Jean Grey and the Phoenix together.

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix said:

LOL you're getting these posts confused.

I was asking how the White Hot Room is accessed as... there's a fan collab Marvel Universe being developed into its own series. Due to the major changes and additions made by the primary fan writers, I've been here asking lots of questions.

The White Hot Room is located inside the M'Kraan Crystal, however there are other ways to access it, the Phoenix itself being on. If you look above at @pyrofn's post, it would detail that aspect of my question much more :)

In this fan collab story, the Phoenix is confronted with a counter "Cosmic Rival" who is... who manifests? or is born in the Crown(?) of the White Hot Room. This causes massive disturbances, and the beginning of a new, strenuous challenge for Jean Grey and the Phoenix together.

oh okay. WOW that sounds amazing is it all fans or only a few how many fans are doing this???

what kind of story is it going to be like rpg or fanfiction.net? or is it something very big???

i LOVE the idea of the Phoenix i just wished it had a really good story. you said a rival is born inside the crown and inside the white hot room??? is the rival a villain that the Phoenix has to fight? pls let me know what kind of story it is, if its more than a fanfic i'd love to learn more! :D

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh okay. WOW that sounds amazing is it all fans or only a few how many fans are doing this???

what kind of story is it going to be like rpg or fanfiction.net? or is it something very big???

i LOVE the idea of the Phoenix i just wished it had a really good story. you said a rival is born inside the crown and inside the white hot room??? is the rival a villain that the Phoenix has to fight? pls let me know what kind of story it is, if its more than a fanfic i'd love to learn more! :D

LOL it IS a growing number of fans, silently working on this. The main producer will release this on a large scale soon, and many more would know about this publicly.

You can consider this "fanfiction" but its actually gonna be an animated series. And the artwork is pretty solid too :D

To clarify on this "Cosmic Rival", from what I heard, it is born in the Crown of the White Hot Room, as well as its principle host. This caused such a disturbance that shook the entirety of existence, it was a shock and awe event for all cosmic entities, including the Phoenix itself. This new entity rises to become the Phoenix bitter arch-nemesis, thus why we've adopted the term "Cosmic Rival" until its name is revealed. Its not a villain, which is a spoiler-ish. More like a "Cosmic Antihero" not really a villain per'se.

I think... you more than ANYONE would enjoy this new take on the Phoenix ;)

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: ok this doesnt sound like the same story.

okay it sounds a little confusing is the Phoenix the bad guy? who is bad guy???

I thought no one can come into the white hote room unless the phoenix grants permission, true?? sounds like a big battle it sounds cool what is the antihero rival? who is it??? he or she??? is it oc or real Marvel hero?

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: ok this doesnt sound like the same story.

okay it sounds a little confusing is the Phoenix the bad guy? who is bad guy???

I thought no one can come into the white hote room unless the phoenix grants permission, true?? sounds like a big battle it sounds cool what is the antihero rival? who is it??? he or she??? is it oc or real Marvel hero?

sorry for the long wait on these posts lol. Um... it's not about a "bad guy/good guy" type of story. From what I know, this is a story about various perspectives, which means each person shares the role of good guy and bad guy to each other. That means the Phoenix has a perspective that makes the "Cosmic Rival" the villain, and the Cosmic Rival, views the Phoenix as the true villain.

The Cosmic Rival is partially OC but not entirely, its One True Phoenix however is a canon, actual X-Man, and he's... a pretty unorthodox pick, which is why I feel it works so well :D

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: wow... that sounds very very interesting. like i'm totally intrigued.

this sounds like a very different phoenix story which is what ive been loking for like finally something different and change! i rly cant wait to see what this cosmic rival is and see this epic battle and story between phoenix and rival. you say many fans are contributing pls let me know if i could contribute too! ive always dreamed of writing comics myself :D

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: Like I said in a previous reply, I will create a think tank and manage it for the fan project. You could now if you want, start on some of ideas you'd like to see with your favorite Marvel heroes.

And yes, the Phoenix story WILL be very different, once we get past Dark Phoenix Saga ^_^

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By One_TruePhoenix

@teamgxone: great i cant wait!!! its about time someone did someting rly specatcular with the phoenix and really make it awesome cant wait

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.