Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Professor X still alive in DOFP

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So, how do you think they are going to explain that Professor X is alive in the future, after he died in X3?

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jimmie_Hudson_

consciousness transferred into a different body that was in a vegetable state and charles uses his powers to control others eye sight so they can only see him instead of his new body.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

Bryan Singer addresses this at Comic Con. Its at about 18:57

Loading Video...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

consciousness transferred into a different body that was in a vegetable state and charles uses his powers to control others eye sight so they can only see him instead of his new body.

Consciousness transferred into a cloned body.

I also thought in X3 they implied Charles had a twin, which would explain the brain dead patient he was teaching the students about and mind swapped into his body.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: where was it implied that, that patient who was brain dead was his twin?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Time travel.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: where was it implied that, that patient who was brain dead was his twin?

I haven't seen the movie in quite some time, maybe that idea is what manifested in my head after like 7 years ahha. But after watching that video above ^ your idea seems very likely.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Consciousness transferred into a cloned body.

This is the only logical explanation in my opinion.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

In the post-credit scene in X3 it is revealed that Xavier had transferred his mind into the body of the brain-dead man that was shown early in the movie. I forget where I read it, but apparently it was implied that the man that Xavier transferred his mind into was actually his twin-brother (a male version of Cassandra Nova, I believe) and therefore is why he looks exactly the same in Days of Future Past.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the post-credit scene in X3 it is revealed that Xavier had transferred his mind into the body of the brain-dead man that was shown early in the movie. I forget where I read it, but apparently it was implied that the man that Xavier transferred his mind into was actually his twin-brother (a male version of Cassandra Nova, I believe) and therefore is why he looks exactly the same in Days of Future Past.

Wow I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. @jimmie_hudson_

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah, I'm just trying to remember where I read it. We know Xavier was alive because of the ending in X3, but it was never explained why Xavier sounded the same and how the doctor knew it was Charles that she was talking to as she says "Charles...?" and then the scene goes black. It was only recently that I heard about the body he transferred his mind into being his twin-brother and that this was inspired by Cassandra Nova, who is Xavier's twin-sister in the comics.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

psionicist can make themselves and their group invisible to all sight and they can create illusions so i like the idea that charles is in a different body but uses his powers to make people see him as prof x.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Xavier lived? wow didnt know that. And Moira appeared on xmen 3 what the hell?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What Xavier lived? wow didnt know that. And Moira appeared on xmen 3 what the hell?

Yeah, the continuity is screwed. Here's hoping that this movie will fix that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That's what I thought, too, so this whole thing really hasn't bothered me that much. Heh, that's not to say that X-Men 3 is a good movie, though--it's still terrible.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blacharrt1

that was never implied, because they never stated who the brain dead person was, or if they had family at all. The only conversation even near the dead guy was the foreshadowing of the moral implication of Professor X abusing his powers, you don't see, nor do they ever mention the brain dead guy again, he simply shows up at the end, and says Mora...

The Cloning idea makes no sense at all, he would have had to known he was going to die in order to set it up well in advance, for the clone to be the exact same age as him, and they did not have the technology for cloning nor was cloning even mentioned in any of those movies for a setup to ever happen. This is just pure speculation on a very weak subplot line.

HomoSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HomoSuperior

@blacharrt1 said:

@war_killer said:

that was never implied, because they never stated who the brain dead person was, or if they had family at all. The only conversation even near the dead guy was the foreshadowing of the moral implication of Professor X abusing his powers, you don't see, nor do they ever mention the brain dead guy again, he simply shows up at the end, and says Mora...

If you watch X3 with the commentary, i think it is mentioned there that the other guy is his twin.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Hazlenaut

It was all an Phoenix Force illusion. Just like X-men Origins: Wolverine.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was all an Phoenix Force illusion. Just like X-men Origins: Wolverine.

The Deadpool fans can only hope.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1 said:

@war_killer said:

If you watch X3 with the commentary, i think it is mentioned there that the other guy is his twin.

It may have been in the commentary, I'd have to go back and watch it.

But going back to what @blacharrt1 said. Near the beginning of the movie we find Charles Xavier using the example of an unidentified man who is basically brain-dead and Xavier goes about explaining the possibility of a telepath transferring their consciousness into this man's body and what would happen if done. It's assumed that this was how Xavier escaped death at the hands of the Phoenix, transferring his mind into the body of this brain-dead man. This is supported by the fact that in the post-credit scene the brain-dead man wakes up and calls out to Mora, who then says "Charles...?" The problem with this scene is how does Mora know that it was Charles? We never see the man's body completely, so we are unable to identify him, yet Mora knew it was Charles. This also brings us to the question as to how Xavier is alive in Days of Future Past and, more importantly, looks exactly the same as he did before. The only real explanation to this is that the body that Xavier transferred his mind into was his twin brother (possibly a male version of Cassandra Nova, Charles' twin sister in the comics). This would explain how Charles is still alive, how Mora knew it was Charles in the man's body, and how Charles looks exactly the same in Days of Future Past.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They decided to ignored the last trilogy. That would have been awesome but you know... Singer...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

See this is what happens when you kill of important chracthers with no plan with the future...you have to come up with ridiculous ways of trying to bring them back to the world of the living. But hey that's comics for you.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

All that I want from this is cable Nathan summers u would think it because cable and bishop are always tied together

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Moira is played by Olivia Williams at the end of X3 and she's about 40. But Rose Byrne's Moira was in her late 20's-30's in the 60's. Oy.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@hexthis said:

Moira is played by Olivia Williams at the end of X3 and she's about 40. But Rose Byrne's Moira was in her late 20's-30's in the 60's. Oy.

and has gone from being a CIA agent to a doctor.

I'm just going to try to forget everything between X-2 and 'First Class, it's just a better story that way.

gojoeday26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone is forgetting that being a mutant is in his dna. So any powers he had in his old body wouldn't transfer to his new body.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmie_hudson_: In the directors commentary for the DVD, it is revealed that the man that Charles transferred his consciousness to was really his identical twin brother, whose mind had been destroyed at birth when Charles power's manifested.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this one something that I believe Singer mentioned would be explained within the movie, but I don't think they even mentioned how Xavier was back. We know he transferred his consciousness into the body of his twin brother, explaining why he looks the same, but it's never explained how he still has his Mutant powers or why he's also still in the wheelchair.

Personally, because the timeline has been altered and The Last Stand basically erased, it's not that big of a deal now. But I still found it a bit odd that they said it would be explained in the movie, yet wasn't. It now has me a bit curious if there's a deleted scene where Xavier explains how he came back that was simply cut from the film. We know a scene with Rogue was cut and that it would be on the DVD, so I'm curious as to what other deleted scenes will be on the DVD as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.