Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Planet Size X-Men discussion [SPOILERS]

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Discuss Planet Size X-Men here. What did you think of their terraforming Mars for the Arakki to live on? I kinda expected that it would be for them. Was pretty dope how they created a life-sustaining planet, so to speak

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a look at what the different Omega Level Mutants contributed to the endeavor of terraforming Mars and getting the Arakki there

Jean, Exodus & Lactuca

tbh no idea what jean and exodus did lol.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Jean, Quire, Jamie, Hope, Elixir, Magneto

Quire downloads the schematics of the SWORD station. Jean implants these into Jamie's mind. Hope boosts Jamie and elixir heals him I guess or sustains him. Jamie creates and gives birth to a new SWORD station. Jean catches it and throw it into space, magneto catches it in space.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Magneto

Magneto hurls a shit ton of iron into mars then compresses the core for a long time.

Not sure about the creation of the structure in Arakko though. just guessing. may or may not be him, but we do see storm landing and entering the place as it's built and magneto is inside. ( i say may or may not be him because these pages aren't one after another, stuff happens in between, stuff that includes magneto catching sword in space)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Hope & Vulcan

Vulcan plunges the iron provided by erik into the core of Mars. Hope amps him

No Caption Provided

Iceman

Bobby creates ice sheets that are miles thick (data entry page)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Jamie

Creates a space port

No Caption Provided

Sobunar, Hope, Jamie, Storm

The dude uses his blood as the ocean. hope and jamie amp him. Storm does wind stuff to affect climate

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Xilo & Elixir

elixir heals the planet and xilo eats the soil and the components it contains. somehow this combo leads to the creation of life and breathable atmosphere

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Magneto and Iceman's work.👏

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
    deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly the end product of colonizing Mars have made the Arakki the Universal Inhumans and X-Men the New Inhumans. I did liked how they have displayed their powers in this issue.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

Sadly the end product of colonizing Mars have made the Arakki the Universal Inhumans and X-Men the New Inhumans. I did liked how they have displayed their powers in this issue.

Honestly, I say it’s karma after the attempt of making the Inhumans the new X-Men.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yuuki157

The fact Hope is back with a lot of exposure makes me :)

and i think Jean and Exodus lifted or holded the island with their TK,no ?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supposedly Exodus teleported the island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: OR you can just say that making X-Men the new Inhumans is totally stupid idea. Just like making Inuhumans the New X-Men. They supposed to be different species. In fact what Hickman did with Universal Inhumans felt more original, groundbreaking and organic with Fantastic Four and their incentive.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PyroFN

@vishop_ said:

@pyrofn: OR you can just say that making X-Men the new Inhumans is totally stupid idea. Just like making Inuhumans the New X-Men. They supposed to be different species. In fact what Hickman did with Universal Inhumans felt more original, groundbreaking and organic with Fantastic Four and their incentive.

OR I can say I don't agree with you and you need to keep that to your own opinion rather telling me what I should be saying. It may have been approached by other franchises, but the X-Men isn't those franchises and has not done this in their stories yet to this magnitude. So, with all due respect, my answer to your suggestion is a firm: NO.

Have anything else I should say about the matter? Or would you like to present it me as just your feelings and not what I should be feeling? Where I would have been happy to simply hear your thoughts on the matter instead of telling me how to think about a plot that hasn't been properly developed yet because it has had one issue that came out today.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
    @vishop_ said:

OR I can say I don't agree with you and you need to keep that to your own opinion rather telling me what I should be saying. It may have been approached by other franchises, but the X-Men isn't those franchises and has not done this in their stories yet to this magnitude. So, with all due respect, my answer to your suggestion is a firm: NO.

Have anything else I should say about the matter? Or would you like to present it me as just your feelings and not what I should be feeling? Where I would have been happy to simply hear your thoughts on the matter instead of telling me how to think about a plot that hasn't been properly developed yet because it has had one issue that came out today.

Thats fine. You don't have to agree with me and I guess I shouldnt have forced it you. I got a bit carried away when you countered my opinion. Either way It's not like I don't like everything that Hickman did so far. I have liked HoX/PoX and DoX but X-Men and Inhumans should have different incentives and youre right they are different franchices. The overview of the worldbuilding that this era had directed has aligned with Inhumans. So is to say they have failed to generate base ideas that are different. I am leaving this here because you might just disagree with my opinion that i have already mentioned before this post.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needed more omega level mutants tbh

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:
    @pyrofn said:
    @vishop_ said:

Thats fine. You don't have to agree with me and I guess I shouldnt have forced it you. I got a bit carried away when you countered my opinion. Either way It's not like I don't like everything that Hickman did so far. I have liked HoX/PoX and DoX but X-Men and Inhumans should have different incentives and youre right they are different franchices. The overview of the worldbuilding that this era had directed has aligned with Inhumans. So is to say they have failed to generate base ideas that are different. I am leaving this here because you might just disagree with my opinion that i have already mentioned before this post.

I honestly feel the same way about the incentives thing, but I don’t find the current narrative to be where the issue can be solved. It could simply be Hickman’s views of how a society is built and wanting to portray how difficult it is to build one.

After the constant near-extinction events Marvel keeps throwing the mutants in, this whole planet thing felt inevitable for me. If there was more open conversation and actual help from the super heroes who claimed to help mutants more after realizing they helped so little in the past (which ended only being very little in scheme of problems mutants have), I probably could have seen this as completely unnecessary.

I think this new planet thing is a good idea in the perspective of what to do about the barbaric nation causing issues around the planet because they don’t have wars to fight. I think if we want to get out of this narrative, we would need a major narrative change where humanity finally starts cooperating beyond,

“Okay, we won’t outright attack you, but we won’t stop anyone who wants to attack you.”

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

: @pyrofn:

Galactus, when he comes back and sees a planet full of life and disposable characters.

Loading Video...

I wonder what color Isca would turn at that sight.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@pyrofn: isca herald of galactus.

technically, if you send her in for a 1v1...she should stomp him

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That awkward moment when Galactus has to explain to the other Cosmics that the X-Men beat him, took his lunch money and now he's their Herald.

No Caption Provided

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mutants are taking their rightful place among the stars

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As usual, the Hickman era of the X-men continue to impress. Sad that this will crash down and we will go back to the X-men in a school in a few years the most.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

That awkward moment when Galactus has to explain to the other Cosmics that the X-Men beat him, took his lunch money and now he's their Herald.

No Caption Provided

I remember an interview from Cullen Bunn mentioning Galactus has a special grudge against Jean Grey after that time she punched him.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
    @koays said:

No Caption Provided

I remember an interview from Cullen Bunn mentioning Galactus has a special grudge against Jean Grey after that time she punched him.

If he can't beat Isca, he can't beat jean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
    @vishop_ said:
    @pyrofn said:
    @vishop_ said:

I honestly feel the same way about the incentives thing, but I don’t find the current narrative to be where the issue can be solved. It could simply be Hickman’s views of how a society is built and wanting to portray how difficult it is to build one.

After the constant near-extinction events Marvel keeps throwing the mutants in, this whole planet thing felt inevitable for me. If there was more open conversation and actual help from the super heroes who claimed to help mutants more after realizing they helped so little in the past (which ended only being very little in scheme of problems mutants have), I probably could have seen this as completely unnecessary.

I think this new planet thing is a good idea in the perspective of what to do about the barbaric nation causing issues around the planet because they don’t have wars to fight. I think if we want to get out of this narrative, we would need a major narrative change where humanity finally starts cooperating beyond,

“Okay, we won’t outright attack you, but we won’t stop anyone who wants to attack you.”

I don't see mutant extinction to be a valid reason for them change the X-Men into New Inhumans. It doesn't work that way. For Hickman it shouldn't have been diffcult to change his views of society or worldbuilding and bring a different perspective because it is nowhere near his first time doing all this things over again.Definitely not colonzing Mars with Arakki because we all know what he did to Ex Nhilo in his other books.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was Great.

I love how the Humans are Mad that the X-Men terraformed Mars. Go Mutants!!!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Whoops, I misunderstood you in the previous comment. Sorry again that I’m late, because of this glitch.

What is wrong with Hickman’s application of world building here that works for the Inhumans? I find the changes he’s done pretty logical to what is necessary for mutant survival, but I could be missing something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: X-Men and Inhumans are "different" species. Making X-Men the Inhumans is cringe and cliche. Inhumans had far enough great stories in this line. They are basically out of "logical" ideas to bring something fresh. This is my last post because I don't like posting here as much. It is boring enough already to same ideas all over again for X-Men.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Cliché is the wrong word. That insinuates it to be an overused concept, which has never happened to the X-Men before.

I don’t think you are exactly giving any logical ideas for the X-Men’s situation at all. You are just saying it’s bad for inaccurate reasons.

Simply say you don’t like it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: X-Men already had Utopia before. Sure Krakoa and Utopia are different. But from the eyes of a reader this concepts have fundmentally been used with Inhumans therefore this is the last thing I want for this to happen with X-Men.Surely I don't like it. I want to read X-Men.Not Inhumans. Pls stop tagging me because I am sure you are entitled to everything happening in this era and have the courtesy to not reply someone who is saying that this is his/hers last post.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: I only was willing to discuss as long as you were. I am not gonna know if you are just venting or starting a conversation until you say so like now. This is a public forum after all.

Anyways, alright. I will stop bothering you, if you don’t want to keep talking about it.

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really want the X-Men to be in that old mansion fighting persecution and The Friends of Humanity forever with no progress... 🥴

CrimsonFoxFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Damn you are rude and so wrong strong

CrimsonFoxFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somantri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@vishop_: ima ping you just to because your so rude :D

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So why did Jean impregnate Jamie like that.... I know I'm not the only one seeing that analogy...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.