Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Phoenix Resurrection the Return of Jean Grey this December! (Confirmed)

• 153 results
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm ok with this for sure. Jean should have been brought back a long long time ago. But just for a minute and I guess to play Devil's advocate here..... I think this is also a desperate near last ditch effort from Marvel to match DC rebirth and up there sales again. Out of the blue bringing the real Jean back when you already have teen, though teen hasn't been exactly received in the way they had hoped, just seems kind of strange to me. Is Marvel really acknowledging that they have made some bad mistakes? Or is there more underlying here?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sure. Let's throw in some blatant fan service because our storyrelling is such a joke. Maybe they won't notice? I mean, it's such a huge fan service after all.

It is desperate Hawk, it is.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @pyrofn: some cute jott moments

No Caption Provided

scott in a rare pic is wearing his "wedding ring".........i think more couples who are married shoul show there wedding rings

No Caption Provided

the second pic is for Pyrofn......i told u about this pic before......i know its not canon but its funny......

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By PyroFN
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: I have seen it. I don't think it's a variant though I could be wrong. According to the tweet it is cover art for issue 10, but he didn't specify if it was the main one or just a variant.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I have seen it. I don't think it's a variant though I could be wrong. According to the tweet it is cover art for issue 10, but he didn't specify if it was the main one or just a variant.

just keep kid omega away from jeen grey plz.......i remember when bendis hinted that quire was interested in her, then dropped it so quire could go after Oya lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PyroFN
    GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By GladeusEx

@hopesummersforthefuture: Saw it while looking forward to the Jean Grey 'Psych War' series. It's not a variant, and seems to be the default cover. I don't think the variants for #9 have been released either.

And yeah, go easy on the potential interests. Inbetween T-Hank and T-Scott ... yeah.

And ... is this the first time I've noticed Irma/Mindee having a half shaven hair style? I get the uneasy feeling that they're a quarter way through making her more manly, and it really does not gel with me.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @gladeusex: last time i read anything about quire(kid omega).......didnt he inherent alot of money and joined the hellfire club? after that i dont know......can someone fill in the blanks?

(sidenote: i saw him in jean grey 2 helping jeen......briefly.......he was on a desert island by himself)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I believe he returns permanently in gen x, though I can't confirm since I don't read it.

He appeared in Mighty Thor to battle the Phoenix and took a piece of it for himself, becoming a host. It apparently didn't last since Quentin is no longer a host by Jean Grey #2.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: off topic.........i think mothervine/miss sinister/bastion is connected to jimmy and jeen..........miss sinister wanted to know how to create mutants from jimmy(bastion also wants more mutants so he can kill them all) Then there was the hints of Red! Switch! mother! Negative! Seance!

also miss sinister said she wanted jeen grey for some reason saying jeen was "the belle of the ball" and i think maybe "miss sinister" is going to try to brainwash jeen

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Story of the life a Jean Grey in the Marvel Multiverse. XD

I've always been interested in pairing Jeens genes (no pun intended), with other powerful Mutants, since Scott's powerset is really basic for being called one of the most powerful on his team.

Shine in the Renew Your Vows timeline is one case where my thirst for the Jean/Logan offspring combination curiosity was increased. I can only imagine more combinations for those two and Jimmy and Jeen are good alternatives without touching the real Jean and Logan. If Ruby Summers is any indication, there are many ways Jean and other X-Men could produce. X-Men Legends 2's Optic Crawlers are another stellar example. (They are exactly what they sound like for those that are curious what Optic Crawlers are but probably can guess based on the name themselves)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Story of the life a Jean Grey in the Marvel Multiverse. XD

I've always been interested in pairing Jeens genes (no pun intended), with other powerful Mutants, since Scott's powerset is really basic for being called one of the most powerful on his team.

Shine in the Renew Your Vows timeline is one case where my thirst for the Jean/Logan offspring combination curiosity was increased. I can only imagine more combinations for those two and Jimmy and Jeen are good alternatives without touching the real Jean and Logan. If Ruby Summers is any indication, there are many ways Jean and other X-Men could produce. X-Men Legends 2's Optic Crawlers are another stellar example. (They are exactly what they sound like for those that are curious what Optic Crawlers are but probably can guess based on the name themselves)

what power did the jean/logan offspring have in "renew your vows"?..........hell if scott can have kids with emma like in x-men the end(megan summers- telepathy) or alt earth ruby summers(Ruby has optic force blasts like her father, though hers are black in color.She has an invulnerable gemstone form: red ruby with blond hair. This form can be maintained for decades, and prevents aging and the need for food, water, and oxygen.) i think ruby's powers are cooler(wish she would go to 616)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@hopesummersforthefuture: Jean and Logansport daughter had some kind of illumination power. It wasn't all that impressive.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Ergo my curiosity. Does she have any psychic power? How does she compare to Jubilee, Dazzler, or the twins, Northstar and Aurora? Any Phoenix potential? Any durability? Healing Factor? Flight? Light manipulation? So much potential.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @avenging_x_bolt: i always thought if mutant parents like jean and scott there offspring would get either optic blasts or tk/tp or all 3 powers lol

this is for pyrofn: my theory why angel(warren) and jean never end up together is cause there offspring would have wings and telekinesis........kinda redundant lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol. Well, at least the child wouldn't have to strain themselves telekinetically because the wings would do the work for them.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol. Well, at least the child wouldn't have to strain themselves telekinetically because the wings would do the work for them.

i was thinking if there wings get tired then they could use telekinesis.........wings have to be big enough to carry ur own weight and warren sometimes catches his teammates if they fall........so warren's wings must be strong enough to carry his own weight and someone light........thats alot of strain on wings and u would get tired(it would be like lifting wights and running)

there was this comic, where warren was getting a massage and he said "work the wings and get all the kinks out"

hellion used telekinesis all the time and he never seemed tired......plus hes not even a omega level mutant.......i dont know why jean gets tired using her TK all the time ......she must need the practice lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: When you hold back as much as Jean, it probably leaves the brain muscles in need of exercise. XD

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: When you hold back as much as Jean, it probably leaves the brain muscles in need of exercise. XD

yeah and jean(616) "holding back" wasnt jean's fault......it was scott's.......he was scared that she would become phoenix all over again and die as dark phoenix (he will lose her)

as for teen jeen, i think she "lets loose and doesnt hold back" from whatever earth she comes from lol who is stuck i the present 616..........jeen even told teen scott "i read my friends' minds without permission, made alot of mistakes and so on" (from x-men blue 2)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: @pyrofn: i just hope OG jean grey is back full time in the marvel universe(alive of course) and "phoenix resurrection" wont be like "phoenix endsong" where jean went back into the "white hot room" to find her "missing pieces"

i had a theory about phoenix endsong.......where jean said "she died and scattered across the multi-verse" then there was the phoenix force leaving Rachel when Rachel said "no mom .....not now". What if jean as "white phoenix of the crown" broke all her emotions and gave it to one jean in other timelines/earths/universes.......the ultimate x-men jean has the gift of "insanity" she was always crazy in the ult x-men arcs .......teen jeen would have the gift of "innocence" for being young.........AoA jean was more "tougher" then her other counterparts

anyways off-topic.........I HOPE @ursaber is OK

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By PyroFN

@hopesummersforthefuture: That sounds like a cool theory.

I myself always felt the Phoenix costume colors work like the Lantern rings in DC, although the powers are same throughout and the colors are just cosmetic. So rather than red being solely a Dark Phoenix color, I always theorized it was passion. You know, intense emotion, which would also explain why Rachel could wear red and not be Dark Phoenix, rather than the simple boring answer of, she preferred the costume color. It would also explain that artist choice in Secret Invasion Skrull Phoenix, whom before she died manifested a Dark Phoenix outfit when she flared up. Of course, it wasn't the real Phoenix and she had beeen seen flaring up in the green costume, but it's still fun to imagine.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By darthphoenix

i hope they won't kill rachel when jean returns. Marvel seem not to like them together. when rachel is present, phoenix made jean collect its pieces. when jean was present, phoenix sent rachel to a mission and fix a timeline.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:I have to admit, the whole color symbolism thing when it comes to Phoenix's costume is something I didn't consider. It's actually kind of neat.

@darthphoenix: They got around to changing her nickname, so I reckon Rachel Grey is here to stay like all the other alternate reality characters.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Will be a pretty changed world she returns to (for however long it turns out she's staying):

"Scott my love I am home! Oh... you're dead or a teenager." The she moves on. "Logan my dear, I am back! Hold on, your either old or a girl?" Moves on again. "Emma, you are still a witch, at least something's don't change!"

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be a pretty changed world she returns to (for however long it turns out she's staying):

"Scott my love I am home! Oh... you're dead or a teenager." The she moves on. "Logan my dear, I am back! Hold on, your either old or a girl?" Moves on again. "Emma, you are still a witch, at least something's don't change!"

lol thats good.......maybe marvel should hire u to write :)

but i dont know if u know this from marvel legacy #1 logan(616 one) is alive again and he broke out of his adamantium case leak page

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Rachel said that phoenix costume color is just a choice. Rachel wore different costumes while she was phoenix. She even wore the red/dark phoenix costume and said red just suited her better.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but i dont know if u know this from marvel legacy #1 logan(616 one) is alive again and he broke out of his adamantium case leak page

I heard that, quetion remains for how long is he back, if he is back?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that, quetion remains for how long is he back, if he is back?

i think he is back for good cause he was dead for 3 yrs........and hes marvel's Biggest Cash Cow.........sorry but laura taking his place isnt cutting it(lol), neither is old man logan, neither is young man "logan" aka jimmy Hudson(who is in x-men blue atm)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he is back for good cause he was dead for 3 yrs........and hes marvel's Biggest Cash Cow.........sorry but laura taking his place isnt cutting it(lol), neither is old man logan, neither is young man "logan" aka jimmy Hudson(who is in x-men blue atm)

To be honest, I dont recall Logans book ever being near to say Spiderman's figures. He's a great addition to teams, but on his own he's kinda easy to miss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
    deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I first know about Jean's return on CBR, it says that Marvel is resurrecting her back again after like 12 years of being dead. These comics are gonna be the present for this year's Christmas!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I first know about Jean's return on CBR, it says that Marvel is resurrecting her back again after like 12 years of being dead. These comics are gonna be the present for this year's Christmas!

its like early Christmas for me lol........I've been waiting 13 yr for jean grey comeback.......its time for her to kick butt........this is one of the greatest x-mas present of all .......im soooooooo H-A-P-P-Y

@pyrofn@koays@ursaber also there will be back issue reprints all about jean or jean/scott or jean/phoenix for 1.00 whoo hoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By PyroFN
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: im still confused why "spirit real jean" went into teen jeen's body(controlling her) to find emma frost and go into emma's body/mind thing lol

then there was the creepy "spirit jean" saying "nevermore emma nevermore".......could she probably plan to kill emma???????

then there was "spirit jean" saying "visiting a old friend" referring to emma of all people LOL marvel LOL

@ursaber@koays

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: That will most likely be revealed in the next issue or two. According to Bleeding Cool, who somehow read the issue before it came out and put a review up for it, Jean and Jeen will be looking for something within Emma’s mind.

Nevermore means at no other future time; never again. I highly doubt her goal will be to kill Emma though the nevermore was a little creepy. Though I attribute that to the thought of Emma speaking to a possessed Jeen and Jean herself answering her in response to Emma’s cander directed at Jeen.

I did find the “old friend” line to be amusing as well. Jean and Emma do respect each other, but with an added distaste for one another.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: That will most likely be revealed in the next issue or two. According to Bleeding Cool, who somehow read the issue before it came out and put a review up for it, Jean and Jeen will be looking for something within Emma’s mind.

Nevermore means at no other future time; never again. I highly doubt her goal will be to kill Emma though the nevermore was a little creepy. Though I attribute that to the thought of Emma speaking to a possessed Jeen and Jean herself answering her in response to Emma’s cander directed at Jeen.

I did find the “old friend” line to be amusing as well. Jean and Emma do respect each other, but with an added distaste for one another.

i also heard that they will see some more things from "emma's past" via her memories.........

i was hoping that jean was angry at emma cause she trusted scott with emma and (hell even gave them her "blessing").........and it sort of blew up in all there facing like emma losing scott and going "back down a dark path" or scott and emma breaking up after AvX

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: That would be an interesting approach, but it would insinuate Jean still hasn’t moved on from Scott if she is still so heavily invested. After all, it wasn’t Emma’s fault that things fell apart between her and Scott, nor did she do anything to him that would cause Jeans instincts to kick in and protect her friend. Then again, we don’t entirely know if Jean truly moved on, though I’d surmise she has but with little evidence.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I have a question here (sounds pretty dumb though):

is Jean returning as WPOTC?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhysdurden: Looking at advertisements, possibly not, but who knows what’s happening with Jean Grey. As predictable as people say she is when it comes to resurrecting, no one really has any clue how this resurrection will go down.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or even if she's going to stick around.

Jean is such a large character in the X-Men mythos that even her small movements create large ripples in the mutant pond.

Her return, if handled properly, should have major repercussions. I'm actually a bit excited to see what happens!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: oh okay then. I'll like it more if she returns as WPOTC, so we can see how powerful WPOTC actually is.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think she wont be wpotc anymore but i hope shed still have access too phoenix power

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: i dont mean to bug lol........but do u know where i can find x-men blue 13 preview.......cbr.com didnt post it yet and i searched online(cant find it, even looked on twitter)

if u find one post it here so i can see it plz tyvm

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.