Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Phoenix Force

Avatar image for sinisterbrobean
    sinisterbrobean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was thinking about this. When Quintin's shard of the Phoenix gave Jubilee her powers back. Why didn't the Phoenix 5 give all the former mutants their powers back when they all had more power than Quintin???

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisterbrobean: LOL cause it was marvel and marvel didnt support x-men books and fantastic four books.......caused they were being big babies about not having the movie rights.......

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going for an in lore explanation, I’d say the worlds problems held priority, so that mutants could have a utopia of the earth. Then the Avengers fought against them and took Hope Summers with them. With Hope Summers to be a weapon used against the Five, she became top priority. Then Namor went rogue, Colossus and Magik lost their minds, and then their fears came to fruition with Scott getting bodied by Hope Summers on her own.

Their mistake came in the form of Scott rejecting Hope as the true bearer of the force, making it clear how he thought she wasn’t worthy of the power and told her to go where ever she wanted. Had he promised to continue to train her, then he could’ve continued with little problems. (Those problems being Scarlet Witch and the Avengers)

@hopesummersforthefuture: Truth.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Phoenix Force is just supremely fickle. Burns a ton of other planets but decides to be 50/50 helpful on Earth.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @gladeusex: i think i said this before but........i always thought scott hated phoenix and then he became phoenix ? BS

AvX was written by bendis and bendis wanted to break up scott/emma then bendis was free to bring the O5 to the present to mess with scott who according to beast "had fallen the furthest, killing xavier and starting a mutant revolution.........dont blame x-men or phoenix it was all bendis

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: It's also been said, but Scott didn't really have a 'choice' in becoming a Phoenix Avatar. Awkwardly enough, the power they did use was mostly for cleaning up the earth, with a bit of unilateral disarmament along the way.

Eh, writers man. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: It's also been said, but Scott didn't really have a 'choice' in becoming a Phoenix Avatar. Awkwardly enough, the power they did use was mostly for cleaning up the earth, with a bit of unilateral disarmament along the way.

Eh, writers man. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

i only buy x-comics based on the characters i like .........thats why i get x-men red or blue.......even now in x-men blue the O5 teens arent in it but it is still a good read with mags vs havok.......whats going to happen with mothervine......

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Yet, take a look in the next comic buddy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/8g1hqod9clu_vZnkfGpGc9wTTggMQnL3gssF3sVP6JTZswBY3rj1X4uxnazKly2__enTTo9hpMaG=s1600

I quote,

“This isn’t prison Hope. As I’ve told you many times since you’ve woke up..... If you’re unhappy, you can leave anytime.”

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/1PB7loWlsaZ661gQQ73JfCxUj2YrI-ahd6MNUAMGl_ybHcgJDjWQjM0cpEGR7EsoDL7kWSg5DwFe=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/M6qoEknmBYkYe0V5ECzWyvVRYlXGfi_8vpoqI-BGH2zVx_pbvj2SU6TcfBF1KOggOxJZQYRDDB3s=s1600

I quote again,

Scott: “....If I offered it now... would you take it?”

Hope: “I....I...yes.”

Scott: “But you turned it down. It was yours...... and you rejected it. And now I know you don’t deserve it.”

I’m sorry? What was that Scott? Let’s repeat it in bold letters.

“AND NOW I KNOW YOU DONT DESERVE IT.”

Oh, ok. Let’s continue to confirm what he meant by that,

Scott: “What would you do with the power Hope? Would a child have accomplished all this? How can you truly understand what is needed when you have experienced nothing?”

Ok, so Hope isn’t ready for it. Does Scott have any intention of helping her? Let’s continue,

Hope: “You know I can still hear it..... It wants to burn brighter, hotter.... do you really think what you’ve done is enough?”

Scott: “Of course. We can accomplish so much more.”

Ok. There doesn’t seem to be any indication Scott intends to give the power to Hope Summers. He truly believed he could do more with it than Hope could and literally told her she can go whereever she wanted. So, no, I am not lying in the least. Or wrong.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: bu.. But we don't need the x-men Or the future foundation, we got this whole species of more interesting developed characters called the inhumans, I'm sure everyone is going to like them, there's no way they won't like them right?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: bu.. But we don't need the x-men Or the future foundation, we got this whole species of more interesting developed characters called the inhumans, I'm sure everyone is going to like them, there's no way they won't like them right?

LOL then marvel releases the upcoming arc called "death of inhumans"!!!!!!! inhumnas were on the self for yrs and now there going back to "discontinuity" again till there needed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Because pf corrupted him,just like anybody else.I don't see you saying jean should rot in hell for "eating a starsystem"At least corrupted cyclops trying to fix earth, not eat it.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Debatable. Scott has shown no signs of corruption until he started gaining more Phoenix power, notably around half of its power.

I never said anything about Scott rotting in hell, so I don’t know why I you would use Jean rotting in hell as means to be fair. In fact, I didn’t say anything about Scott aside from the fact that he made an error in judgement, making your statement about me being unfair to Scott way out of context, personal, and just wrong. Scott is capable of making mistakes and he made that mistake. Whether the Phoenix corrupted him at that moment you are speaking of is something that you will have to prove because as far as I’m concerned, there is no evidence of Scott having problems with control until much later.

Also, get your facts straight with the Jean thing because that was Phoenix with a clone body of Jean Grey’s. Jean wasn’t possessed by the Phoenix until New X-Men. Not that I want you to because that was unnecessary. While I don’t mind Jean hate, I can entirely see that you made that comment or phrased it at least in an irritable way and I don’t appreciate it.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They were probably too busy.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_living_tribunal_24: Mehehe. The sad part is that the Inhumans actually are cool, but not when they are just fillers to mutants. I liked them much more when they were having interstellar battles with the Kree.

@pyrofn: Yea I never really took the Phoenix to be corruptive until the point that he had more. I definitely think there is an addictive factor to it, and Hope should've been briefed a bit more, but honestly I've always found her to be kinda a b**** anyway so I have no sympathy. The Phoenix Five seemed to do well up until the Avengers started messing around with it. They never seem to give the X-Men the benefit of a doubt, not just in this event but in general. Eeeeveryone expects mutants to be dangerous.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PyroFN

@njchrispatrick: Yup. It’s why Cyclops was right. Not perfect, but right nonetheless.

I had interest in some characters from the Inhumans, but goodness, IvX turned me off on them.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, PF is used as a plot device....again. As I have said already in other X-threads PF nowadays is an very overused cheap gimmick that should be left alone for at least 5 years, It's as if writers can't use their imagination (they get paid for their brains essentially so they better use that) and write better and more unique ways for their plot points. Ehh.....what can I say typical lazy writing from SJW Marvel.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

“AvX was written by bendis and bendis wanted to break up scott/emma then bendis was free to bring the O5 to the present to mess with scott who according to beast "had fallen the furthest, killing xavier and starting a mutant revolution.........dont blame x-men or phoenix it was all bendis”

This. What she said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Scott saying those words to hope is the corruption.That's phoenix talking.Hope turned PF down,when she escaped utopia,trusting logan who killed other phoenix hosts before than the x-men.

Funny when everytime @hopesummersforthefuture brings up jott pairing in the future,you say it'll be bad writing but ok with history's worst retcon.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PyroFN

@mrnihal: You day the Phoenix is corrupting Scott in coaxing him to keep it, yet Hope Summers clearly states the Phoenix calling to her, meaning it wants to leave Scott. For the Phoenix to do that makes absolutely no sense and I highly doubt that is evidence of Scott’s corruption by hands of the Phoenix. Maybe Scott himself is being corrupted by ultimate power, but that wouldnt be by the Phoenix doing, but by his own dark lust for power. Either way, Hope exclaiming to Scott that it calls to her is a clear sign that the Phoenix isn’t coaxing Scott to keep it with him.

History’s worst retcon? Is that you trying to claim that I’m being hypocritical? Ok, enough with the passive aggression. You want to do this, fine. The worst retcon is a large over exaggeration based on the fact that it relieves Jeannof the crimes committed by Dark Phoenix, a large problem that led to Jean’s death in the Saga to become with by editorial decision. Had they not made such a decision, we wouldn’t have Jean alive today. Not to mention that calling it the worst retcon is completely subjective, an opinion that I clearly don’t agree with. Are you done attacking Jean and actually discuss what we are talking about without taking my claims of Scott’s pitfalls so personally or are you gonna continue this childish passive aggressiveness on Jean? I’m not normally this cross, but there is clear intent in trying to discredit me that I don’t appreciate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Hope was lying.If pf wanted her namor's portion would've gone to her,so did magik,colossus,& emma.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Based on what evidence exactly are you basing your claim that Hope was lying?

As for the “Going off the portions leaving the host aspect”, if I’m not correct, the Phoenix wanted to reform before anything and if I remember correctly, the Five had no problem keeping control of their powers. There is no reason to believe the Five weren’t keeping their pieces on Scott’s request or their own whims.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yeah,Like it can't reform without bonding with others P5?Like after being whole with scott it just went to hope because pf wanted it so much.Hope was lying because she knew she fuc*ked up.PF & it's hosts instantly corrupted when tony blasted it.

Going by your claim in x history PF became dark PF when hellfire club manipulated it & eat a solar-system.And you say PF was okay when it was torn in five?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Why leave as an individual piece when it can reform? Why wouldn’t it want to be whole again?

The Phoenix was already Dark by the time Scott got it to completion. It can’t think straight as Dark Phoenix and I would have figured that you would’ve known or figured out that little detail from its history.

Yes, it was fed dark thoughts in the Saga. What dark thought would it being split up do to it. The Phoenix wasn’t hurt nor weakened from being split, so what about it being split would cause it to go dark?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Not weakened from being split?lol.Even before being split it took heavy hit from thor.

It didn't got dark,but the corruption starts there from the very beginning.

LOL?what dark thoughts made pf dark before it got to scott?

Why go to the man who's trying to keep it rather than go the girl who PF wants?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: What does being hit by Thor have to do with the Phoenix being split? Not that I care all that much, only enough to comment, but you are just ridiculing the character for no reason now and I can’t figure out what the goal is.

For there to be corruption, something needs to feed the Phoenix or it’s host dark thoughts. Not just thoughts of anger, but thoughts of destruction and reveling in others suffering. I don’t get any hints in such until the Avengers attack and take Hope with them when they leave.

Dark thoughts for Scott? How about when Scott decides there would be no more Avengers after they took Hope. Dark thought. Emma suggesting to Namor to go to Wakanda. Namor indulging in Wakandas destruction. Magik enjoying torturing Spider-man and Colossus being easily provoked when he isn’t usually so by his own sister. Or Emma ruling with Utopia in a cruel dictatorial way. Or when Emma threatened to burn the world to ash and rebuild from its ruins. All dark thoughts throughout that could contribute the Phoenix descent to madness. So far in the conversation with Hope, Scott makes no hints at being corrupted, only on a bright future and how he thinks Hope isn’t ready.

Simple, he is holding onto it and unintentionally feeding it the darkness by the stress of the Avengers and all, as Jean hints to Scott inside his head. By the point that Scott gains half of the Force, the Phoenix is being corrupted and twisted. And before that, Hope Summers disappears from them to go to Kun Lun and before that it is split into pieces that the Five can manage to control. Basically the Phoenix can’t go from what it wants because it’s just as was insinuated, the Five won’t give her the Phoenix and it becomes too late by he time Hope is ready to deal with the Phoenix power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I guess we've different perspective of things.Cause & result like.

You mentioned hellfire club fed dark thoughts to jean(the host),that's why she goes dark phoenix.Here you said the host itself fed phoenix dark thoughts.You can't have it both way.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: That’s not what I meant. You asked what dark thoughts was Scott having. I didn’t mean that Scott gave himself those dark thoughts, I said he is feeding into them. He is entertaining the thoughts of this war, not letting the Phoenix go because the Avengers wouldn’t back down. The Avengers retaliated and Scott got angry, ergo the feeding came in the form of Scott plotting the downfall of he Avengers. (Not in a killer aspect, but a showing them who’s boss kind of way) The stress and the anger got to Scott, it’s as simple as that. If Scott let those thoughts go, maybe he could’ve avoided a Dark Phoenix incident, but everyone turned against him and he was pushed into a corner. That is where the corruption came from.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.