Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

One thing straight

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Powerzone789

I honestly wanna point something out here. So far this week we have seen numerous teasers for the upcoming avengers vs. x-men arc and i just have something to say. Some people are taking the teasers seriously and are thinking that they are the actual matchups. I'm thinking thats obviously not the case. In one matchup it pits storm against thor. As much as i would like to see this happen, thor is currently "dead" and i don't think he will be back in this certain amount of time. Another pits daredevil against warren in his archangel form. Now if you've kept up with uncanny x-force you should know Angel isn't "warren" anymore, he doesn't go by that name and he is almost lliterally pure good now. I don't see him reverting back to archangel anytime soon, if at all. Another more ridculous matchup was emma frost vs the hulk..seriously....the hulk would ground her to diamoond dust if she was in that form. But the hulk is preoccupied with getting back at banner in his own series and he hasn't been in the avengers for YEARS. Also wolverine and beast are avengers as well and yet it pits wolverine against captain america and beast against luke cage...My conclusion is these are just teasers and nothing more, These matchups won't actually happen although some most likely will. like ms.marvel vs rogue and iron man vs magneto. Its just some of these are so absurd....anyways what are your thoughts?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Probably true.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Daveyo520

I am sure very little fighting will actually happen and before the end they will all be working together to fight the real evil behind everything.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Powerzone789

@Daveyo520 said:

I am sure very little fighting will actually happen and before the end they will all be working together to fight the real evil behind everything.

im hoping thats not the case because thats what usually happens -_-

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Daveyo520

@Powerzone789: And that is why it is going to be what happens.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

In the end Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch and Hope tell them all to smarten up.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Nudeviking

Has everyone forgotten the "We Are X-Men" teasers that featured such prominent X-Men as Blade, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, and Elektra?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    Of course not, like you said, they're just cover images. If the image on the cover actually happened in the book the X-Men would have been laid out by everyone they have ever engaged
    Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Powerzone789

@cattlebattle: @Nudeviking: im just pointing this out for the many many MANY users on this site who believe these matchups are actually going to happen

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    @Powerzone789 said:

@cattlebattle: @Nudeviking: im just pointing this out for the many many MANY users on this site who believe these matchups are actually going to happen

a lot of users on this site are also 14 years old
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By CATPANEXE

A large part of the confusion comes from the time rift created by reading comics right now and what future solicits reveal,

for example, Thor...

will be back in time for this, according to the solicits for his series Mighty Thor, they just haven't been previewed on CV yet so if your only reading the AvX solicits here that's likely why it seems weird?
    Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Powerzone789

@cattlebattle said:

@Powerzone789 said:

a lot of users on this site are also 14 years old

very true -_-

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Nudeviking

@Powerzone789: Yeah, I probably should have used an @Seemingly 90% of the People here. I don't know what everyone's getting so up in arms about. Much like the we are X-Men deal, if anything from those teaser images actually happens I'll be very surprised...even more surprised if they happen in a way that people are assuming they will happen. Please remember everyone, this is the Marvel Universe, a universe that features such things as: Life model decoys baby! Thor clones from Civil War baby! Alternate realities with slightly different versions of every main character baby! So if it does come to pass that Thor fights Storm in spite of being dead, just remember...a wizard did it.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Powerzone789

@Nudeviking said:

@Powerzone789: Yeah, I probably should have used an @Seemingly 90% of the People here. I don't know what everyone's getting so up in arms about. Much like the we are X-Men deal, if anything from those teaser images actually happens I'll be very surprised...even more surprised if they happen in a way that people are assuming they will happen. Please remember everyone, this is the Marvel Universe, a universe that features such things as: Life model decoys baby! Thor clones from Civil War baby! Alternate realities with slightly different versions of every main character baby! So if it does come to pass that Thor fights Storm in spite of being dead, just remember...a wizard did it.

i wish there was a "thumbs up" thing on here like there was on facebook.....

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Amanthine

Well, I guess we can always use a Captain Obvious.

@Daveyo520 said:

Considering there's an entire tie-in book focused on the fights, I doubt there's going to be any lack of match ups.

Let's get some more things straight: this book comes out in a couple months, Thor is definitely coming back, among other changes. In the teaser, that's Bruce Banner Hulk, not the Hulk Hulk. In the AvX #1 cover, there's nothing wrong with Warren's appearance. Current "Warren" has his Archangel wings permanently, but keeps the normal skin. The cover just shows him in an outfit.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By papad1992

I thought I remember reading that there will be a book on the fight and battle and then there will be a book on the story and conflict!! Don't remember where I read it though!!!

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amanthine

@papad1992 said:

I thought I remember reading that there will be a book on the fight and battle and then there will be a book on the story and conflict!! Don't remember where I read it though!!!

Yes, there's Avengers vs. X-Men 1 - 12 (with a 0 issue), twice a month and Avengers vs. X-Men: Versus (redundant, I know) 1 - 6 once a month.

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By desperado_

There better be fighting. I don't care what anybody says Civil War was a giant waste of time and the fighting wasn't as vast and memorable as it could have been. They weren't edgy enough. The edgiest thing that happened was when fake Thor killed Goliath. Why couldn't it be real Thor?! And why did they reverse it so Spider-Man's identity wasn't ever revealed. F U MARVEL. F. U.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Who cares if it's accurate or not I WANNA ARGUE AND RANT.....ARARARARRARARARARARARARA

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By papad1992

@Amanthine said:

@papad1992 said:

Yes, there's Avengers vs. X-Men 1 - 12 (with a 0 issue), twice a month and Avengers vs. X-Men: Versus (redundant, I know) 1 - 6 once a month.

Well that's gonna be a complete waste of monthly titles!! A half a year for a fight... sounds like a lot testosterone and estrogen!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.