Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13423 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Now I think Jessica Chastain is playing the character “Oracle” in Dark Phoenix

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DevilMayehm666

At first I was guessing Hobogoblin because of the rumored grey skin and shaping shifting. But after rereading Dark Phoenix I think it’s another member of the Imperial Guards.

Simon Kinberg said that Jessica’s “Agent Smith” is playing a amalgam of characters from Dark Phoenix, naming Mastermind as one of them. Whom was a shapeshifter but not in the same vain as Mystique. He had psi-powers that created illusions which gave him a different appearance. So this is likely the “shapeshifting” power Smith has.

There was another psychic in Dark Phoenix who was a female alien albino just like Agent Smith. Who was an antagonist in both Phoenix storylines. Rumors say that Smith can levitate so now my money is on her. Seems like a decent replacement for Mastermind.

No Caption Provided

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems odd to have Oracle on Earth prior to the battle though

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
    deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really?

No Caption Provided

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Hey, the Shi’ar put Erik The Red on earth before Lilandra arrived there.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are probably one of like 3 people on earth concerned about this.

And didn't you literally type that Kinberg has said that her character is an amalgamation of several characters?? So she is supposed to be Oracle while simultaneously being amalgamated characters??

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@cattlebattle: The movie is supposed to Dark Phoenix while simultaneously being an amalgamated stories(the space shuttle incident and an alien empire seeking a cosmic power is from Phoenix saga). So the character still be referred to as “the Oracle” or something.

I mean, just look at Vision in the MCU. He has elements of Adam Warlock while still being Vision.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It just keeps getting worse. Burn Fox-Men, burn.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DevilMayehm666
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@DevilMayehm666: Well, yeah. An amalgamation of Mastermind and Oracle as the main antagonist...what sense does that make? If they're trying to simplify a very complicated story for the masses by fusing the Hellfire Club and the Shi'ar to tell the Phoenix Saga in a single movie, I. Am. Not. Here. For. It.

I know that as a longtime reader my expectations may sound unreasonable, but I don't think it's too much to ask to select a single character from the expansive mythos of the X-Men as the villain and have an inkling of respect for the source material. Cassandra Nova, Deathbird... even a villainous representation of Lilandra as initially speculated would give me some semblance of hope. C'est la vie.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: I think may have something to do with the Hellfire Club having already be main antagonist twice. First Class which wasn’t too long ago and Gifted which is airing right now where they are manipulating an unstable powerful woman(Polaris) similar to Dark Phoenix.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.