Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

New X-Men Project

Mike12131984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mike12131984

X-Men Fans,

My name is Mike Gonzalez and six years ago, I wrote a script for a short film with two friends of mine Miguel Ferrer and JP Bermudez, based on these characters. However, at the time we didn’t have the resources or knowledge to bring this project to life. Now, with Miguel working in the studio system in L.A for six years, and my passion and knowledge for the subject plus the growing popularity in comic book films such as the Avengers, Iron Man, and Batman, we feel it’s the perfect time to get this venture off the ground.

Over the past 2 months, we have put together a team of producers/marketing execs/artists, who are going to help us make this project a reality and we are launching a KICKSTARTER campaign on Wednesday to raise the necessary funds to complete the project.

What is Kickstarter you ask? (If you already know, just JUMP to the link below)

Kickstarter is the most popular CROWD SOURCING site right now. Through KS, artists and inventors can put up their projects and search for funding on the web. HOWEVER, the BEST PART of their model, (where they really hit the nail in the head) is that when you pledge to the project you get a REWARD BACK. So you're not just giving away $$, you get something back and help make the project a reality. In our project, there are over 15 tiers of "pledges" each with their own unique reward, from $5 to over $1000, and are all designed so that everyone becomes A PART OF THE FILM.

You might think that pledging $5 or $25 doesn't really help us, but every pledge counts, and the more people SEE others pledging, the more they'll be inclined to do so as well. Another thing about KS is that if you don't reach your project goal, you don't get ANY of the funding and no one gets ANY of the rewards.

Even if you can't pledge anything, the success of this campaign DEPENDS heavily on word of mouth, twitter, facebook etc. You may never know which one of your friends or co-workers are HUGE X-men fans, and will be willing to BE A PART of this project. I appreciate your twitters, tags, facebook posts and FWd's about the project in advance. Every little bit amounts to something huge.

As far as what we've done so far, you can check it out here: www.jointheultimatebattle.com.

Also, WATCH found footage of a hidden chamber in Egypt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_57...eature=youtu.be

Lastly, visit our Facebook pages to see pictures from Comic Con 2012 where we had a member of our cast dressed as Apocalypse promoting our film.

See pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/risemovie

I tell you I have NEVER been more excited/nervous and passionate about any project before. This has been a dream of mine since I was a young kid, and it was only recently that I realized how achievable that dream is: to be a part of a comic book film.

Again I thank you for your time and I hope you help me and my team see this project through.

Thanks,

Mike12131984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mike12131984
    Check out this image from Comic 2012 from the actor we casted as Apocalypse. We had 2 actors and an entire crew at Comic Con promoting the film. Please visit www.jointheultimatebattle.com to support our project.
    Check out this image from Comic 2012 from the actor we casted as Apocalypse. We had 2 actors and an entire crew at Comic Con promoting the film. Please visit www.jointheultimatebattle.com to support our project.
    CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CheeseSticks

Looks nice, im looking forward tot his ! I'll probably donate. How long will be the movie ? It only say ''short film''

Mike12131984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mike12131984
    Mike12131984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mike12131984

@CheeseSticks: Hey, thanks for the kind words.

The film will be about 10-12 minutes long. We are in the final stages of tweaking the script. Once we get the budget we need we'll start shooting. However, we need all the support we can get.

Please visit www.jointheultimatebattle.com to pledge and help the X-Men RISE!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.