Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

most overrated x men

drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drdanny10293

who is the most overrated x men in your opinion? 
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Psylocke #1
    Psylocke #1
    Wanna know why people like her? Just look. That's the ONLY reason. Psylocke has the most retcon-packed, convoluted history of any X-Man, and that's saying a ton with the likes of Bishop and Cable to choose from. I've despised this version of the character since the Siege Perilous robbed the comics of the original, cute British version that mentored the New Mutants. To HELL with 90's Ninja Psylocke!
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sparda

As someone who has read nothing of Psylocke nor knows much about her, I can safely say that I think she looks awesome, which goes to prove your point, haha. 

I thought we had a thread for this already but a search turned up nothing......hmm.

Anyways:

No Caption Provided
    drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drdanny10293

@RaptorFratBoy:
    true her ninja costume screams "do me" LOL though i like psylocke be to honest

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @RaptorFratBoy: I miss Brit-Psylocke too!  I might have forgiven Matt Fraction if he had given her back her old Blonde body at the end of the Sisterhood story ;) 

@Sparda: Why don't you like Storm??  I thought she was pretty over-looked most of the time. 

My vote goes for the guy who all the other X-Men seem to praise & adore.  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him... I just think he's not as great as everyone thinks he is: 

Uncanny X-Men #514
    Uncanny X-Men #514
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sparda
    @xerox-kitty: My dislike of Storm stems from how she in treated on here........it's ridiculous. I'm sure you've seen the threads.

Had I never come into contact with a lot of her fans, I probably wouldn't have posted her.
    drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drdanny10293
    @xerox-kitty:  DAMN STRAIGHT    
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @xerox-kitty: TOTALLY agree. When I heard they were bringing her back, I knew of course it would be Ninja-version, but I hoped against hope they'd try with the original again. So sad, especially with the New Mutants around again, too...Damn 90's. 

Storm I agree with to an extent, because the people who love her DO over-blow her abilities to extreme levels. Ororo's a great character when handled correctly, but no, she has no business being on the same level as Thor. Never, ever should she be. 

Cyclops has been "Mr. Wannabe Popular" since Morrison declared he was. I enjoy some of his character development over the last several years, but he' still that arrogant douchebag that screamed "JEEEEAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!" about fifteen times during every single episode of the Animated Series. I will NEVER forgive him for that.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Sparda: LOL!  That's fair.  I sometimes feel that way about Deadpool, but I remind myself that I liked the character before many of his fans were born ;)  But like RaptorFanBoy said, when written well she can be a great character.  Unfortunately, she's rarely written well. 

@drdanny10293: :) 

@RaptorFratBoy: I guess if Betsy & Doug had their inappropriate crush now then it would have been a more controversial storyline! ;)   

I sure don't miss the whole 'JEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!' thing.  I couldn't believe that made it's way into the movies too!  I'm glad the relationship with Emma Frost put a stop to that ;)  But I don't care for the old boring 2-dimensional Cyclops, or the new 'badass' Cyclops who is willing to let mutants die to save the whole of mutantkind.  I really REALLY wish Emma Frost would leave him for someone more worthwhile.
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @xerox-kitty: When he did that in the damn movie, a friend and I who grew-up watching the Animated series together literally cracked-up in the theater with disbelief. I was begging, BEGGING Wolverine to randomly shout "This one's for you, Morph!" when he decapitated the Sentinel in "X-Men 3", but alas...

Doug and Betsy now? Hey, why not? Psylocke's history can't really get much more wacky, so might as well throw a relationship with a jailbait zombie in there, too!
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By pixelized
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    "
    Psylocke #1
    Psylocke #1
    Wanna know why people like her? Just look. That's the ONLY reason. Psylocke has the most retcon-packed, convoluted history of any X-Man, and that's saying a ton with the likes of Bishop and Cable to choose from. I've despised this version of the character since the Siege Perilous robbed the comics of the original, cute British version that mentored the New Mutants. To HELL with 90's Ninja Psylocke! "
    I <3 elisabeth
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @RaptorFratBoy: PMSL!!  I wish he had shouted that!! ;)   

I think I'd rather see Wolfsbane's reaction to dear dead ol' Dougie coming back to life.  She's been sleeping around with a lot of her ex-boyfriends lately; a de-powered mutant, an Asgardian wolf-prince, so why not a transmode viral infected zombie ;) 

krisboyz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krisboyz781

storm 
    jean grey 
    magneto
    drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By drdanny10293
    @pixelized: i pefer the british verison
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

Anyone's that's read old psylocke did.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    "I was begging, BEGGING Wolverine to randomly shout "This one's for you, Morph!" when he decapitated the Sentinel in "X-Men 3", but alas..."
    The nostalgia is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I had totally forgotten about that moment until just now when you posted it.......back when I saw it (I was, like, five or six), I thought it was the most badass thing in the world.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Sparda said:
    " @RaptorFratBoy said:
    "I was begging, BEGGING Wolverine to randomly shout "This one's for you, Morph!" when he decapitated the Sentinel in "X-Men 3", but alas..."
    The nostalgia is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I had totally forgotten about that moment until just now when you posted it.......back when I saw it (I was, like, five or six), I thought it was the most badass thing in the world. "
    I am currently rewatching the complete X-Men TAS. Great series.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngelFrost
    WOLVERINE

Wolverine Magazine #4
    Wolverine Magazine #4

Grrr .... He soo annoys me,  I probably would like him if they didn't plaster his face all over the X-Men and Marvel Universe. We can all agree he is advertised alot, They made the whole X-Men franchise about Wolverine .... and he even got his own movie ... but no, let's forget about the Original X-Men who deserve the X-Men movies to be centered around them and their stories, not WOLVERINE.  

And don't get me started on the Animated series. X-Men: TAS did have alot of Logan,  X-Men Evolution wasn't that heavily involved with him thank god.  and Wolverine and the X-men  ... the name says it all.  

Oh and since he cannot die. Seems like we'll never get rid of WOLVERINE.

¬_¬ 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @krisboyz781 said:
    " storm jean grey magneto "
    Get outta my head!!!
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Supreme Marvel

All of them?

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dex

cyclops isn't overated he is just a tool. Wolverine is overated.......new show "WOLVERINE...and the x-men..."
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dex said:
    " cyclops isn't overated he is just a tool. Wolverine is overated.......new show "WOLVERINE...and the x-men..." "
    That doesn't make him overrated.It makes him popular.Alot of people like Wolverine and therefore making him the headliner will get people to watch it.
    Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dex
    @Vance Astro:
    Yeah but we are talking about the most overrated character in the X-men team. Wolverine is by FAR overrated. Hes had his skeleton ripped out.....and put back in... They have him brawling with the hulk..I'm just saying popularity and being overrated kinda go hand and hand. Having his name on the title of a show thats spose to be a "team" proves this.. He was an X-man.....Now hes Wolverine and sometime he hangs out with the x-men...  

ALSO nightcrawler is overrated...not by marvel but by fans...Teleporting everyone's head off........
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dex said:

" @Vance Astro: Yeah but we are talking about the most overrated character in the X-men team. Wolverine is by FAR overrated. Hes had his skeleton ripped out.....and put back in... They have him brawling with the hulk..I'm just saying popularity and being overrated kinda go hand and hand. Having his name on the title of a show thats spose to be a "team" proves this.. He was an X-man.....Now hes Wolverine and sometime he hangs out with the x-men...    ALSO nightcrawler is overrated...not by marvel but by fans...Teleporting everyone's head off........ "

No...Wolverine is just the most popular.I think he's more underrated than anything because people don't want to give him his props.Popularity doesn't=overrated.You are only overrated if your popularity is undeserved which with Wolverine is not the case.He's a good character.I think Marvel is whoring him out but every comic reader isn't intelligent enough to get that it doesn't make sense for one character to be in 7 books at one time...but if people want Wolverine,that's what they are going to get.
    Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dex
    @Vance Astro:
    They go hand in hand is what I'm saying.. When a character becomes more popular fans start overrating them REGARDLESS if they company changes the character or not. The people set the bar for which the character to build on, based on how much fan following they have... So Yes an overrated character goes hand and hand with with his popularity.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dex said:
    " @Vance Astro: They go hand in hand is what I'm saying.. When a character becomes more popular fans start overrating them REGARDLESS if they company changes the character or not. The people set the bar for which the character to build on, based on how much fan following they have... So Yes an overrated character goes hand and hand with with his popularity. "
    Storm and Jean Grey are pretty overrated and neither of them are anywhere near as popular as Wolverine.
    Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dex

They arnt as popular as wolverine but they are popular enough to come back to life and defeat death. I dont think Beast could have done that.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Sparda: Hell, yes. That one line made me a Wolverine/X-Men fan for LIFE; nothing encapsulated how badass and yet heartfelt Wolverine was that than moment, and any subsequent Morph stories. "He was the only one that could make me laugh..." Man, that struck a cord with my 13-year-old self. the way he just stabbed the holy bejesus outta that Sentinel...Not many cartoon moments give me goosebumps, especially just thinking about them after ten years, but THAT one does each and every time.
    Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lost_Rellik

My vote goes to Storm, and Wolverine....I never did like Storm when I was younger now I've come to hate her because of the swarms of Storm fans on the Vine, as for Wolverine, never did and never will like him. Although, the most underrated x-man of all time has to be Beast.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is becoming...what X-men don't you like rather than who is overrated.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phorqe
    No Caption Provided
    Professor Charles Xavier

World's Most Powerful Telepath...... yeah that will come in handy, unless all those minds are at the top of the stairs. Oh wait, you can walk now. Ooops, guess we missed that one. You're a cripple again. I know, wear this exo suit in space. 
    Surprise! You can walk again, sport.   You know what would be great? If you developed a creepy love for Jean Grey. Wouldn't that be odd to be a pedophile with mind control? Ah well, go send Hulk into space. 
      I'm sure it will work out. Ooops, now even Cylcops is calling you a loser. Let's go get shot in the head by Bishop! It will be fun. Oh! You got stolen by Exodus before anyone noticed. What a zany adventure we're going on!
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stormultt
    @Phorqe said:
    "

Professor Charles Xavier          World's Most Powerful Telepath...... yeah that will come in handy, unless all those minds are at the top of the stairs. Oh wait, you can walk now. Ooops, guess we missed that one. You're a cripple again. I know, wear this exo suit in space.  Surprise! You can walk again, sport.   You know what would be great? If you developed a creepy love for Jean Grey. Wouldn't that be odd to be a pedophile with mind control? Ah well, go send Hulk into space.    I'm sure it will work out. Ooops, now even Cylcops is calling you a loser. Let's go get shot in the head by Bishop! It will be fun. Oh! You got stolen by Exodus before anyone noticed. What a zany adventure we're going on! "

lawl...wolverine iis overrated and so is storm  along with phoenix(phoenix)
    Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Drafta

Storm tops my list.  Then Cyke, then Magneto.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Ryonslaught

LOL  

Man this thread is hilarious!! 

Wolverine is overrated......he is.......those are just facts.......Asian Psylocke is also overrated (she's nowhere as interestinga s she was when she was british but the drool factor she induces suddenly makes her  "imp" 

Wolvie has just progressivly gotton out of hand in all honesty he's good in small doses but most people like him....he's in every other comic nowadays and he's been overstretched to the point i really dont think he's relevant anymore.......
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By geraldthesloth

cypher
    cypher
    Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pulsar

It's a tie between Gambit and wolverine.
    StormFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StormFreak
    @Vance Astro said:
    " This is becoming...what X-men don't you like rather than who is overrated. "
    Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By Fleonix

Most overrated X-Men...........

Of Course.........I have to give to Wolverine..........I felt betrayed when i watched the X-Men movies.........they all have to do with wolverine.......and then they top it off........... with a crappy WOLVERINE origins movie........LAME.....and ...... finding him in every other comic can get old.......... he was even in the RUNAWAYS.......in the arc where they go to New York to help Cloack and Dagger........WELL WOLVERINE..... got on a little girls nerve.......the little girl being MOLLY.....so she threw him out of a chapel.......

Ohh.......and who can forget boyscout ......... SCOTT SUMMERS..........more like lame scout  LOL....... these two can get old after a while........

Sukislide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Sukislide

Wolverine easily
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By robbiesol

1. Wolverine 
    2. Gambit 

Sad thing is like both of them as characters, but their overratedness (I made that up) just bothers me.  Wolverine is the Batman of Marvel. 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By joshmightbe

professor x, every body talks about how great a man he is but the laundry list of out right dirty shit hes done seems to be forgotten easily by everyone (hes probably the cause of that too) i mean yea he does that for a good cause but you know what they say about the road to hell
    Orcid11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Orcid11

Cyclops and Wolverine

drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By drdanny10293
    @Orcid11: i agree 100% on that one
    Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kain

Wolverine is easily the most overrated X-men character. 

lol at people saying Cyclops is overrated. He's underrated if anything and he really is as great as people say he is.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pixelized
    @Kain said:
    " Wolverine is easily the most overrated X-men character.   lol at people saying Cyclops is overrated. He's underrated if anything and he really is as great as people say he is. "
    Wolverine is overexposed, but not overrated.
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spiderpigbart
    @AngelFrost said:
    " WOLVERINE

Wolverine Magazine #4
    Wolverine Magazine #4
    Grrr .... He soo annoys me,  I probably would like him if they didn't plaster his face all over the X-Men and Marvel Universe. We can all agree he is advertised alot, They made the whole X-Men franchise about Wolverine .... and he even got his own movie ... but no, let's forget about the Original X-Men who deserve the X-Men movies to be centered around them and their stories, not WOLVERINE.    And don't get me started on the Animated series. X-Men: TAS did have alot of Logan,  X-Men Evolution wasn't that heavily involved with him thank god.  and Wolverine and the X-men  ... the name says it all.     Oh and since he cannot die. Seems like we'll never get rid of WOLVERINE. ¬_¬  "
    Obviosly Logan.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 104

#47  Edited By time1

1 I would say storm, mainly due to way she used & how much power she has, down to fact she has such a large fanbase, people thinks she best ever. 

2  Cylclops, regarding leadership & power. X-men writers & people think he is very powerful and think not many people can stop him, when really there quite a few people who can stop him. 
     Leadership, regarding abandonment of other characters, charles, founder of the x-men, gave a home, hope & dream to his students untill the writers missused him and decided to that  he manipulated his students for his own deeds,hence they decided to abandon him as leader & make cylclops the most suitable choice. They abandon storm, as leader & even Rogue, with both of getting there  friends hurt, psylocke die in x-treme x-men, & Cannonball ended up in hospital. Making cyclops the most suitable choice. 
    Hell Emma frost could be good leader, so could colossus, even beast could. 

3 Jean grey as far power is concerned, the pheonix force, the making her one of the most powerful mutants in marvel universe. As far as her character goes & personality goes, of course she not. She only used in forever x-men, first class x-men & uitimate x-men, the fact that she not present in current x-men team, which sucks.  

4 Magneto, when it comes to power & image, which I like, I like the fact that he one of the most powerful villians & one of the most powerful character in comics, just liked I liked superman being one of most powerful character in comics. 

5 Finally Wolverine, I don't think he is overated, I think is overly exposed. Marvel used him as a marketing tool, they have done it  for years, he there cash cow. When people think of x-men, who comes to mind, wolverine of course. As far as power goes, no , I think he can stop quite a few people,  but there a lot of characters more powerful then him. 

kingjaimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kingjaimz

Your right But The most overrated X men IS Wolverine in my opinion because all he is a Realistic x man That has claws and heals  we as humans  can do that i just     think they put to much emphasis on wolvie great character tough if you also think wolvie is overated let me know @ powerxchat.blogspot.com
    justinkos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By justinkos91
    @geraldthesloth said:
    "
    cypher
    cypher
    "

YES! Something I can definitely agree on!
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @justinkos91: You know, I honestly never remember posting that? LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.