Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marvel Now: All New X-Changes- Agree or Disagree?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

So.. new powers are activating left and right.

How do people feel about this?

Possible Spoilers ahead:

----------------------------------------------------

So new mutants have been activated, for example:

-A girl named Eva who can stop time.

-A 'Shark-girl'

-As most of you noticed, some characters have gotten upgrades, while other are getting downgraded.

-Also the new costumes for Cyclops' team are very different and bit controversial.

How does everyone feel about these new characters and drastic changes on the older characters-- (especially Emma...) All these changes seem like a gamble.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

All these changes are coming from Bendis and Aaron. So, pass.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

Shark-girl and Eye-boy don't seem like anything new, not really a fan of Aaron's character ideas in general. Kid Gladiator did nothing for me, and Warbird would've been even worse except for her inclusion in Astonishing X-men. Oya's becoming a cartoonish shit version of what Wolfsbane was.. yeah, starting to get a little tiresome.

Emma without her telepathy seems stupid, but I think it could be a really good chance to develop her character, which they haven't bothered to do in some time, so I'm actually gonna trust Bendis on this one for now. ANX-men's been good so far.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veitha

I don't like how they're developing Emma Frost, but I like the new mutants by Bendis, while I don't like the ones by Aaron. Howhever I think that many changes in characters' powers will last just for a few months till Age of Ultron, like for Emma

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I don't like any of the changes.

MadamFireblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MadamFireblade

Are these two new mutants background characters or are they suspected to actually join the X-Men?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lykopis

Kiden Nixon. She could stop time as well like Eve, although in a different way. Same idea, with some tweaks.

I would rather they bring in other mutants who have been depowered. Would make for some interesting reunions.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By judasnixon

NO MORE NEW MUTANTS! Play with the toys you already have. There's a whole crap load of young mutants not being used. Hellion, Dust, Surge, Mercury, Armor, Pixie, and those lame ass five lights! Quit making new mutants! That was the real reason why there was a house of M. People couldn't stop making $h!t mutants! Jesus Christ they blew up Genosha, and there were still to many F-ing mutants! Please send Shark-girl, and Eyeball-boy to avengers arena. New mutants = cannon fodder! Where is a God damn purifier with a rocket-luncher when you need one!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I personally don't care about the idea about new mutants coming in since there are already too many X-Men characters as it is and some of the X-Men characters (especially the New X-Men) barely get involved in any of the bigger stories. I think they should have just repowered the mutants who lost their powers and try to focus on the characters who were already introduced, but were not further developed.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By judasnixon

I like new costumes! I'm cool with X-mask Cyclops. It's about time to get Magik out of her New Mutants uniform. Please up date magneto's costume, I can do with out purple, and burgundy, but emma should always wear white!

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Spawn92

I havent been reading ANXMen, so either than Cyclops and Magneto, has anyone else's powers been affected? and how so?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

NO MORE NEW MUTANTS! Play with the toys you already have. There's a whole crap load of young mutants not being used. Hellion, Dust, Surge, Mercury, Armor, Pixie, and those lame ass five lights! Quit making new mutants! That was the real reason why there was a house of M. People couldn't stop making $h!t mutants! Jesus Christ they blew up Genosha, and there were still to many F-ing mutants! Please send Shark-girl, and Eyeball-boy to avengers arena. New mutants = cannon fodder! Where is a God damn purifier with a rocket-luncher when you need one!

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I personally don't care about the idea about new mutants coming in since there are already too many X-Men characters as it is and some of the X-Men characters (especially the New X-Men) barely get involved in any of the bigger stories. I think they should have just repowered the mutants who lost their powers and try to focus on the characters who were already introduced, but were not further developed.

I agree with both of these. Well, not the Purifier part of the first, but the rest makes sense to me.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

@lykopis said:

Kiden Nixon. She could stop time as well like Eve, although in a different way. Same idea, with some tweaks.

I would rather they bring in other mutants who have been depowered. Would make for some interesting reunions.

Yea... I liked Kiden. Whatever happened to her?

I hope they find a way to make the main characters work, the other mutants find a place, and chill with the new characters unless they actually have a place in the Marvel universe.

I hope Emma's telepathy comes back, Magneto and Storm be the main X-men powerhouses, and bring back the x-trinity: Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I actually hope that Colossus comes back to the X-Men soon. I mean, the whole idea about him being on X-Force is interesting so far, but I would like to see him become a teacher at the school also.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Is cyclops losing power or losing control? Of his power

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lykopis

@poisonfleur said:

@lykopis said:

I hope they find a way to make the main characters work, the other mutants find a place, and chill with the new characters unless they actually have a place in the Marvel universe.

I hope Emma's telepathy comes back, Magneto and Storm be the main X-men powerhouses, and bring back the x-trinity: Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm!

Good question - last I heard of her she was helping Stryfe but was stopped. She was part of the 198, so bringing her back would be great. Mix up the kind of students the Grey school has. I loved her relationship with X-23.

Ugh -- no idea why Emma had to lose her telepathy at all -- and Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops together again would be the best thing ever in this fan's heart. :/

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkDay

@lykopis said:

@poisonfleur said:

@lykopis said:

Good question - last I heard of her she was helping Stryfe but was stopped. She was part of the 198, so bringing her back would be great. Mix up the kind of students the Grey school has. I loved her relationship with X-23.

Ugh -- no idea why Emma had to lose her telepathy at all -- and Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops together again would be the best thing ever in this fan's heart. :/

The last I heard of her was the second NYX. She's still around as is most of the cast. I could do with them sort of becoming a new Gen X. If only because I could see them coming together with more mutants to sort of be the poor man's X-men and I think I really dig that concept. I've always loved the idea of the X-men sort of being this wealthy high end club of outsiders that very rarely get juxtaposed with the common element on the street. So juxtaposition and a potentially interesting read in my opinion.

@judasnixon said:

I both agree and disagree with this. I say no to new mutants just for the sake of new mutants, but if we're going to have useful and interesting new mutants then I'm all for it. But I've had enough wallpaper characters and I wouldn't be opposed to the return of the New X-Men cast at all.

Also we need to chill on the new villains just for the heck of it, be they mutants or not. There are plenty of X villains that haven't seen play in years and the repowering of mutants could be the prefect opportunity to upgrade some of them or even change some of them fundamentally. Think about if a group of purifiers just suddenly became mutants... Honestly there is no end to the things you could do, but I'd hope the writers wouldn't just rush into things but rather look into the franchise's past and avoid repeating mistakes.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lykopis

@DarkDay said:

@lykopis said:

@poisonfleur said:

@lykopis said:

The last I heard of her was the second NYX. She's still around as is most of the cast. I could do with them sort of becoming a new Gen X. If only because I could see them coming together with more mutants to sort of be the poor man's X-men and I think I really dig that concept. I've always loved the idea of the X-men sort of being this wealthy high end club of outsiders that very rarely get juxtaposed with the common element on the street. So juxtaposition and a potentially interesting read in my opinion.

That is how I envisioned the X-Men as well --- they would take in kids off the street to give them sanctuary and to teach them, etc and voila -- those kids would clean up (in a sense) in that fancy mansion/institute. Little bit of Orphan Annie, with some moroseness thrown in for some teenage angst. All in all, still classy and upper tier. One of the many things I enjoyed with the NYX environment was the whole reality of street kids -- not Mutant Town kind of street kids, but completely identifiable ones who gather in groups, watch out for each other yet deal with dangers and temptation (drugs/prostitution/gangs). I guess a bit of that was touched when Wolverine went out to search for Laura but its not the same.

I really, really like your idea.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkDay

@lykopis said:

@DarkDay said:

@lykopis said:

@poisonfleur said:

@lykopis said:

That is how I envisioned the X-Men as well --- they would take in kids off the street to give them sanctuary and to teach them, etc and voila -- those kids would clean up (in a sense) in that fancy mansion/institute. Little bit of Orphan Annie, with some moroseness thrown in for some teenage angst. All in all, still classy and upper tier. One of the many things I enjoyed with the NYX environment was the whole reality of street kids -- not Mutant Town kind of street kids, but completely identifiable ones who gather in groups, watch out for each other yet deal with dangers and temptation (drugs/prostitution/gangs). I guess a bit of that was touched when Wolverine went out to search for Laura but its not the same.

I really, really like your idea.

Seems like we're sharing a mind on this one. That's exactly how I see it too. I don't dislike that in X-Men mind you, but it does speak to a different part of me than the one NYX fosters and I think tackling it with a really good and responsible writer would be beautiful. It doesn't have to have forced social commentary or anything, but if done well it is social commentary all on its own.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Silver_Raven

I think there is going to be a need in the upcoming new year for mutants to find new factions to fall under. Before there were so few options and the X-men took everyone under their flag. But now i expect to see a lot more division and different groups to find mutants. So far there seem to be see sides Wolverine's school, for younger mutants, Cyclops rebel X-men with him recruiting some newbies, and even Mystique has been shown trying to woo Sharkgirl, so i maybe she has her Brotherhood or maybe as some previews have shown is now part of the Hellfire Club(?). So i would like to see some other leaders arise and make new niches in the x-universe. We might need the Morlocks again, updated Marauders, a new Mutant Liberation Front, and some more international mutant organizations. I think with the populations of certain countries there would be more Asian, African and South American mutants. So far i have yet to see any new Chinese or Indian mutants. And i would love to see a team of African mutants from different countries so people could know the cultural diversity of that continent, since we only really know about it from Storm's point of view and the only other character from Africa is Gentle and he's from the fictional Wakanda. So i hope to see some really new and different mutants in the next year or so.

As for the the main cast. I could do without so much overlapping of titles and teams, and a better time line. Everything seems to be out of order for me and the four main X-book seem to bleed into each other. I rather they stick to their own corners of the X-universe and leave the crossovers for a crossover event. I also feel if they are going to make the best of the Phoenix storyline in AVX then they should have more consequences and lingering affects like the Phoenix 5 getting power shifts (Cyclops should have solar heat vision, Emma should lose her telepathy, Namor should lose his submarine abilities, Colossus being able to change into any metal like gold or silver, and Magik aging whenever teleports through time), also new secondary mutations and certain characters being repowered. And who the hell was Hope. Is she just some random red head, a Jean clone, or the Phoenix in human form. I still don't understand what she was and is now.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By x_29

I really do not like these changes.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GonnaRain

I like the new costumes, and that Team Scott is on the run. I like Eva, and want to read more about her.

What I really don't like is how they're playing with Team Scott's powers. Aside from Magik, which got a totally awesome upgrade, I really hate seeing Emma without her Telepathy, and Mags not being able to own the O5 just because he has trouble with his powers.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By papad1992

@judasnixon said:

OMG I love this!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.