Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Marauders (2019) Discussion

• 147 results
    WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

THE X-MEN SAIL AT DAWN! Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared

MARAUDERS

No Caption Provided

( Kate Pryde 🐲, Storm⚡, Iceman❄, Bishop🔋, Pyro🔥, Emma Frost💎, Wolverine🍺*, Nightcrawler🙏*)

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good story. Some locations though would have been nice. I suppose it’s alright though.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but im looking forward to see how it goes. Kitty is the one character outside of Scott that Emma has a genuine connection with, even if its mostly hurling insults back and forth historically. I want to see more of the Frenemies

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story will apparently have a lot of humor, it will be lighter.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it interesting that Bobby can return to human form if he gets too much heat ...

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@waitomegastorm I think it was a power damping blast not heat that turned him human

The story was ok, I still want to know why Kate can't use the portals and is she officially the REd King? And if so how does she sit on the council if she doesnt even stay there <.<

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i enjoyed it....but kitty shot some guy and fused a gun into 2 guys legs......like a week ago she was the leader of the X-Men......wtf was in Logan's beer?

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler?! So will he be in the team later?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was listed as one of the team members, and had a brief participation in this first issue:

No Caption Provided

maybe he will join later

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
    deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue was fine but lack of Emma Frost though

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psi-bite234: Maybe she will be more prominent in the next issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
    deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: Hopefully because if they're going to push Kate (Kitty) they may as well do the same with Storm and Emma

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@psi-bite234: Well, the last time they tried to push Kitty to us it didn't work out very well * cough * XMen Gold * Cough, well I liked it, even with Kitty saving all of X-Butts, Emma will still have things to work out with Shaw and Storm with Wakanda, So let's wait.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Liked It.

It wasn't that bad. It didn't feel like another X-Men Gold which is Good. But I have faith in Duggan anyway he writes good Team Dynamics. Storm was written well, Emma hell I even taken a interest in Bishop and Kate and Pyro now thanks to this Book.

OH I LOVE Iceman so funny.

@koays said:

Lol i enjoyed it....but kitty shot some guy and fused a gun into 2 guys legs......like a week ago she was the leader of the X-Men......wtf was in Logan's beer?

Agreed.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing such a cool and accurate team dynamic felt so good. So glad that I can read Kitty being a badass without getting Gold vibes.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The concept is interesting dont really know about the tone...its light and I dont favor lighter tones really. There are some interesting ideas and it seems to be a good follow up to HOX/POX. The sailing around on a boat idea is still very much off for me. I could see maybe an X-jet or some sort of Ghost Box reconfigured, an asteroid m, a siege perilous or whatever or hell just a teleporting mutant but just a random boat/cruise ship??? Although it does seem to be yet another throwback to the Children of the Vault who were on a ship. Especially if it can be undetectable and house other mutants looking to make it to Krakoa or at least a gateway that's a safe transport. And if Kitty cant get on Krakoa because she's not really a mutant but a Neo and thats tied somehow to the Children of the Vault...that would be even better. Seems that each time Kitty tries to go thru a gateway she's alone which after knowing that nonmutants can only go thru accompanied by a mutant and with permission from Krakoa is interesting too.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this new title, might be my favorite one so far out of all the new ones. Kitty has her old look back, Kitty and Emma getting along, great art, and love the light hearted tone. Gonna be a fun book.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamre321

@shepardoakenprime said:

Seeing such a cool and accurate team dynamic felt so good. So glad that I can read Kitty being a badass without getting Gold vibes.

Agreed, love this new/old kitty. Also wish she was still Kitty instead of "Kate"... :(

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The concept is interesting dont really know about the tone...its light and I dont favor lighter tones really. There are some interesting ideas and it seems to be a good follow up to HOX/POX. The sailing around on a boat idea is still very much off for me. I could see maybe an X-jet or some sort of Ghost Box reconfigured, an asteroid m, a siege perilous or whatever or hell just a teleporting mutant but just a random boat/cruise ship??? Although it does seem to be yet another throwback to the Children of the Vault who were on a ship. Especially if it can be undetectable and house other mutants looking to make it to Krakoa or at least a gateway that's a safe transport. And if Kitty cant get on Krakoa because she's not really a mutant but a Neo and thats tied somehow to the Children of the Vault...that would be even better. Seems that each time Kitty tries to go thru a gateway she's alone which after knowing that nonmutants can only go thru accompanied by a mutant and with permission from Krakoa is interesting too.

I think the boat is to kind of blend in, maybe like hide in the docks like a normal ship gives it a more idk almost police like feel or something idk, i can dig it.

Also Kitty and Emma getting along is a shame in alot of ways, i really enjoyed their bickering

My biggest gripe is kitty totally whooped the ass of every one while two omega level mutants stood by and were helpless lol, and when did she get so frickin violent? the whole gun in the knee thing was mean af

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi57 said:

He was listed as one of the team members, and had a brief participation in this first issue:

No Caption Provided

maybe he will join later

I think maybe this is Less a team roster and More a list of everyone who appears in the issue, pretty sure only bishop will actually be joining, and more than likely emma will keep her hands off approach but the roster is still solid. As much as I hate rebranding btw its kind of a shame the Pyro isnt the one that was Icemans boy friend lol i think i liked the original one better but that seemed like kind of a wasted plot

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I believe the Kitty is the Red Queen, not King. Either that, or the empty council chair is for the Red Queen.

Either way, Kitty is definitely not the council member as far as I can tell. There is someone else involved....

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Well, I would like Kurt to be added to the team, if I remember correctly, he wasn't on any of the other teams announced, I think Marauders is perfect for him, and I would also like this Pyro to have a relationship with Bobby, I hope they do that.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I wonder if the Krakoa gates have some sort of instinct that keep whatever Kate is out. Clearly, Kate is a unique case considering Krakoa allowed humans with Magneto and the Cuckoos inside. And Krakoa doesn’t hold some grudge against Kate as far as we can see.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25 god_spawn  Moderator

It was fun, light-hearted, seems adventurous, and the characters were written solidly.

I like it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: could also be because of her phasing ability. Theres so many questions that can be answered

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: yeah maybe, just seems a little forced and just off. I also agree about Kitty's personality shift but I guess this is her reaction to being left out so to speak.

Aside from any issues with what seems like ineffiency...this being called the Marauders is just well seems like the perfect premise for an Xfactor book or Xcorp, I'd even say that instead of anything with the Shiar and Starjammers or whatever (not a fan of the Alien space opera stuff) this should be the New Mutants book. And of course im definitely not a fan of Iceman or Pyro being there. There are other choices I'd prefer. But overall I have a high level of interest in this book. Its hard to judge a book by a number one although Hickman just blew mi ds with his HOX #1

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is indeed the Kitty we've known actually being discovered as not being a mutant or whatever....will we get the "real" Katherine Pryde and if so what happens? Could be a way to introduce and redefine a whole new character and a good way to erase some of foolishness from before

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are your theories on why she can´t (atm) enter the portals?

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good riddance, she needs to be put down a peg or so after that Bendis nonsense.

If she's not a Mutant, that way she gets to leave the X-Men for good and never interact with them again after this comic series is over.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: It has to have something to do with the human who disappeared when he touched the portal.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it interesting that Bobby can return to human form if he gets too much heat ...

It wasn't "too much heat" It was power-dampening technology

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: I thought it was after he absorbed the lightning and redirected the energy to Storm and Bobby :p

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By marvelfan1992

@waitomegastorm said:

@marvelfan1992: I thought it was after he absorbed the lightning and redirected the energy to Storm and Bobby :p

the guy literally says "not so tough without your powers are you?"

No Caption Provided

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also forgot about or more accurately didnt read Adamantium Agenda but i hear that in that run Tom Taylor had Tony Stark uncover a Sinister catalog of mutant dna. Stark discovered that one of the X-Men isn't a mutant and has been genetically altered to appear to be one. One of Sinisters secrets was also about a sleeper agent or someone being not who they appear to be or something. Maybe this was all about Kitty

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Russia doesn't have "gulags" now.

2. No one really says "mother Russia" too.

Typical western stereotypical crap. Also, Russia doesn't really prevent emigration in such a ridiculous way at least. There could be an in universe explanation to something like this emerging, but it would far smarter if they'd simply have Russians see an opportunity to infest Krakoa with spies. Are there mutants that would preserve their national identities and loyalty to their native lands? You'd say "but telepaths" and that's where creative dynamics and adaptation of the whole world to "mutant menace" in an active form could've been explored.

I always expect too much from this pulp. I don't know why lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: yeah the only way those terms might still work is if you had some old retirement age types looking to bring back the old world systems from the cold war area. But flooding the area with spies is much more up Russia's alley nowadays and even taking control of a gate for troop or asset transport as well

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

They are already pretty much that. Putin's entire jet set consists of his friends and colleagues from the enforcement agencies. They just have a very specific spin on history as unlike Soviets, they don't distant themselves from Russian monarchy and consider it an integral part of their national identity. The strong, growing and state funded influence of the church is pretty much the fortification of that. The cold era mentality is there still, but it has a different approach.

I also wonder why it was ok to use Russia directly, but North Korea had to be twisted into North Valnon. These corporations are so afraid to even mention them after the Sony incident? loooool Between that and China debacle with NBA, America needs to reevaluate its priorities haha

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: These are American comics which can't get America right. You expect them to get Russia right?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By adamTRMM
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Duggan copy the core idea of a comic from Grace's Iceman series, or vice versa? Iceman is central to the story, suspiciously identical line-up, power-damping armor that reminds me of Zachary's power set and Christian Frost coming back in the fifth issue.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read it for Pyro and Lockheed.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Kind of fell bad for Kitty or rather Kate because she can't use the gates although the face she did when speaking to that mutant kid was hilarious. For some reason, I get the feeling that her not being able to use them was intentional. Anyway, it was a decent first issue.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Solid first issue, I like it. The writing and artwork was good. Kitty was written well in this issue. I think Emma and Storm had there moments.

I think this series is mainly going be about Kitty and Emma. mainly kitty.

Sadly I don't see Marvel doing much with Storm or Bishop.

Iceman might have some moments, but that cause he is a LGBT character now. the only focus Pyro going get in this series, is him being bobby Boyfriend.

i think it would of been better if they had Cannonball in this series instead of Pyro. Of course Sam not being bobby boyfriend

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any reason logical reason for them not just using the blackbird or any other x-jet?

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any reason logical reason for them not just using the blackbird or any other x-jet?

nope. fucking random terrorists can manage to get to krakoa so easily and quickly by hijacking a commercial plane yet Kitty has to ride a fucking slow ass boat. just ridiculous

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

just asking.......why ya'll so comfortable with Kitty dearest leading the likes of Storm tho???? DAAAAMN

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: well i'm not actually my fear is that it will become a Xmen Gold 2.0

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.