Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Magneto's "kids"

• 69 results
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By adamTRMM

@lordofallhumans:

So you're basically saying that since you don't find it important, it's not important at all. Because from what I've seen here from you, every single detail that doesn't sit well with you, you'll search all over the places to support your interpretation, try to dismiss said unwanted points and bash those writers who dare to diverge from your headcanon.

It's all good, but don't try to present your ideas of what's happening as neutral when in reality you don't give a crap. I already saw what this neutrality of yours looks like when it messes with things you like.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@lordofallhumans:

So you're basically saying that since you don't find it important, it's not important at all. Because from what I've seen here from you, every single detail that doesn't sit well with you, you'll search all over the places to support your interpretation, try to dismiss said unwanted points and bash those writers who dare to diverge from your headcanon.

It's all good, but don't try to present your ideas of what's happening as neutral when in reality you don't give a crap. I already saw what this neutrality of yours looks like when it messes with things you like.

That's usually how things work when people are asked about how they feel about things, they either care or they don't. I'm not going keep explaining this to people. I understand why others are upset but I also understand why some aren't because I'm one that isn't upset because I don't really feel it matters to the face of Marvel, this will not change much to ME!! If I liked the characters and thought this would make a bit of difference to a a universe that is slowly being destroyed since forever I'd think different. People are acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen, or the first time Marvel has pulled this kind of crap, it's not.

I haven't been neutral at all or I would not say anything, I DON"T CARE ABOUT THEM AND WILL BE GLAD TO NOT HAVE TO READ ABOUT AVENGERS WHEN I WANT TO READ ABOUT X-MEN. So get out of here that BS trying to call me out because I only care about what I care about, I don't need a lecture from you anybody else about why this is a non-matter for me, and don't presume to know anything about me.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis said:

@koays 100% TRUTH! Bravo.

People have always gravitated toward that family and their specific dynamic, throughout various continuities and various forms of media and it has always delivered and served the broader story. Just because it didn't resonate with people like @LordofAllHumans, it doesn't change the fact that people's association with the twins and Magneto is a constant. It was something that was built into the infrastructure of their characters and has only made them more interesting, more independently strong, and more challenged than many other characters. It's not something writers lean on because you can take that dynamic and weave it into a plot involving any one of those characters and it will make sense. For example, when Wanda and Pietro showed up in Genosha while Magneto was basically at war with the UN, it brought another perspective to the story that informed the greater plot rather than just having the X-men be his only opposition, rather than having Charles be the only test of his morality. Without those relationships, the characters lose dimension and versatility which is very problematic for them, it's not liberating, it's not a clean slate, it's like deciding to devolve them.

Also, I think the uncomfortable truth for Marvel is that Wanda and Pietro were always more successfully integrated into the X-men's narrative. Even having been Avengers for so long, they still originated in the X-men, the ties that they have to Magneto and the depth and appeal it brought to their characters has always aided them more than their dynamics with the Avengers. If they were really integrated into the Avengers, House of M would've never happened because Marvel would never do that to Iron Man or Captain America or Ms. Marvel, they'd never make them villains almost everyone agrees have to be killed. Even Tony's recent "dissent" doesn't change the fact he's still not going fully in that direction. He's not going to disappear for 5 years like Wanda or become a damaged outcast like Pietro was afterwards.

The link can't be severed that easily. BOTH Marvel Studios and Fox want to use Pietro and Wanda, BOTH have and will use at least Pietro and even possibly Wanda. Trying to alter Pietro and Wanda's link to the X-men narrative is just fruitless.

I love how everybody is now bringing me up directly and indirectly, but maybe I should have been more clear I have never been particularity fond of either of them so who their father is or isn't is not an issue to me as I would have rather neither of them involved themselves with issues that should have concerned them simply because they are mutants not just because of who their father is. We can talk about them being in X-men comics in the beginning forever, but the fact is only Quicksilver involved himself with mutants after that as a member of X-Factor and when that was over it was only to resurface to deal with daddy issues. For years they have known their relationship to him and for years they have been ashamed and for the most part stayed clear of him and the problems plaguing the mutant population, and then in one fell swoop the mutant population that they have not been invested in was decimated due to their actions, because of what? Daddy issues. Now they get their wish they are no longer affiliated with him and as long as this does not rewrite Marvel and the stories of the past so be it. They will not lose character development no more than a person that finds out they are adopted when they are adults, this does not erase who they are, it adds a new dimension to them which will now lead them away from a place they never wanted to be.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By adamTRMM

@lordofallhumans:

Then why you're so pushy about it being not important at all? It looked like you're trying to convince people nothing important happened, was my impression mistaken though? I don't have to know you in person to know what you bring to the table on this site, and that matters, nothing else. Trying to dismiss fans' points, even if they're this family fans, is something I'm not sure what is your intention here. And saying it doesn't do anything to continuity when it simply makes us all, as readers, look like bunch of mindless sheep following through House of M and Decimation that had a clear massage how Magneto screwed up his unchildren that he didn't even raise himself only to have "Daddy, no more mutants" as the result, again as a massage to Magneto himself, and then with more than 5 years of dealing with consequences of it in ALL of the X-market back then and now saying "You know, they maybe aren't even mutants and for certain not Magneto's children, juts buy our books so we'll scew with you more we know". How isn't that important to continuity and isn't illogical storywise I really can't see.

I could also get behind the idea of the recton, dynamic of their family no matter how potentially great it was (and tends to be executed better in other places than 616) don't get past "Father, you're a monster bla bla bla", so I would be OK with that, but HoM changed everything, and acknowledging it, everything looks like a mess.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@lordofallhumans:

Then why you're so pushy about it being not important at all? It looked like you're trying to convince people nothing important happened, was my impression mistaken though? I don't have to know you in person to know what you bring to the table on this site, and that matters, nothing else. Trying to dismiss fans' points, even if they're this family fans, is something I'm not sure what is your intention here. And saying it doesn't do anything to continuity when it simply makes us all, as readers, look like bunch of mindless sheep following through House of M and Decimation that had a clear massage how Magneto screwed up his unchildren that he didn't even raise himself only to have "Daddy, no more mutants" as the result, again as a massage to Magneto himself, and then with more than 5 years of dealing with consequences of it in ALL of the X-market back then and now saying "You know, they maybe aren't even mutants and for certain not Magneto's children, juts buy our books so we'll scew with you more we know". How isn't that important to continuity and isn't illogical storywise I really can't see.

I could also get behind the idea of the recton, dynamic of their family no matter how potentially great it was (and tends to be executed better in other places than 616) don't get past "Father, you're a monster bla bla bla", so I would be OK with that, but HoM changed everything, and acknowledging it, everything looks like a mess.

Because I don't think it is important and the poster I was going back and forth with has a history with me from another thread in which he/she/it thinks I have some kind of vendetta against Magneto and his brood because I don't agree they are the best things in all the omniverse. Me not caring is not me agreeing it's just me not caring and not feeling it will destroy things, because the things it effects are only future stories they I won't read anyway because I an not a fan of the twins.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@lordofallhumans LoL. So your whole entire argument, in essence, is "I don't care about them. So you shouldn't either". Whether their his kids or not doesn't effect you because you don't actually care at all so why try to convince other people (who evidently care quite a bit) to care as little as you do? You have no horse in this race, it doesn't matter to you and by subjecting yourself to people's opinions who it does matter to, you'll only seek to frustrate yourself. If this happened to Cable and he suddenly wasn't Scott's son I wouldn't care, so I wouldn't post on a topic like this. Because I don't give a f--k what happens to Cable. It's just that simple, haha!

@adamtrmm They were starting to go really interesting places with their dynamic. Like in X-factor, Pietro was starting to get brotherly towards Lorna and Wanda made an appearance wherein she was seeking to get closer to Lorna as well. Children's Crusade also was basically all about the family (minus Lorna) and it was very entertaining. What's odd is that Children's Crusade showed Wanda to be fairly resolved when it came to Magneto, it was just an editorial switch to have her suddenly be angry again.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis said:

@lordofallhumans LoL. So your whole entire argument, in essence, is "I don't care about them. So you shouldn't either". Whether their his kids or not doesn't effect you because you don't actually care at all so why try to convince other people (who evidently care quite a bit) to care as little as you do? You have no horse in this race, it doesn't matter to you and by subjecting yourself to people's opinions who it does matter to, you'll only seek to frustrate yourself. If this happened to Cable and he suddenly wasn't Scott's son I wouldn't care, so I wouldn't post on a topic like this. Because I don't give a f--k what happens to Cable. It's just that simple, haha!

@adamtrmm They were starting to go really interesting places with their dynamic. Like in X-factor, Pietro was starting to get brotherly towards Lorna and Wanda made an appearance wherein she was seeking to get closer to Lorna as well. Children's Crusade also was basically all about the family (minus Lorna) and it was very entertaining. What's odd is that Children's Crusade showed Wanda to be fairly resolved when it came to Magneto, it was just an editorial switch to have her suddenly be angry again.

No my argument is I don't care about them either way. I am not trying to convince anybody of anything and have expressed before that I think it's a crap retcon and that I understand why people are upset. The OP asked does it really matter and I said it doesn't matter to me, however unpopular the opinion is I am allowed to express it and no fans insistence I should care when I had made my mind up about the twins years before this site was created is going to keep me from doing it. And that is really how simple it is haha!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By adamTRMM

@lordofallhumans:

I'm not trying to change your mind and tell you how to feel about them, but there's more to it than just "retcon of the retcon". Things have happened and were based entirely on their relationship. HoM, no matter how crappy it was, affected the whole franchise, and even if it was dealt with, in continuity it still happened. How can it possibly be unimportant to continuity that's what I want to ask. All mutants suffered because of Wanda's repressed self-loathing breaking out towards Magneto, now she's maybe even not a mutant.

@hexthis:

Loved ANXF. It wasn't groundbreaking or even really dynamical at all, but it was always a refreshing read in this shady era of X-books. QS and Lorna was good though, and I'd like to see where was PAD leading with them, pretty sure Magneto would've also make an appearance sooner or later if it was PAD's way of course. But nah, Marvel is being Marvel and do what they do best.

Children Crusade though, not out of spite, but to say the least, wasn't my thing. Maybe that's because I find Wiccan and Speed be pretty terrible creations that happen to represent this kind of nonsense that makes people say "dam, only in comic friggin books" and them being the headliners of this event, but really, it is the whole story. The "Life force"? I have a feeling the writer like really wanted to use Phoenix but was nixed by the editors, so we got LF as the result. I also really hated the idea that he tried to blame everything on Doom in the end just to copout Wanda out of this. Doom was Magneto's bitch and there's no way anybody could've predicted the resolution of HoM's showdown. While Doom considering mutant problem is a very good idea, but not the way it was executed right there. Also, let's not forget how typically unimaginative was portrayal of Pietro and Magnus interacting, so typically argued by Pietro it was annoying.

But, I found it adorable the way Wanda jumped saving Magneto from Scott during AvX 11 though lol

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think that Magneto was kind of a link to the X-men characters for the twins. I'm also one of the ones who think the whole possible changing the twins to being inhuman has something to do with the whole x-men/fox vs. inhuman/mcu thing therefore destroying that link (magneto) will mostly cut all ties to the X-men.....just my opinion and thoughts :)

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

I'm not trying to change your mind and tell you how to feel about them, but there's more to it than just "retcon of the retcon". Things have happened and were based entirely on their relationship. HoM, no matter how crappy it was, affected the whole franchise, and even if it was dealt with, in continuity it still happened. How can it possibly be unimportant to continuity that's what I want to ask. All mutants suffered because of Wanda's repressed self-loathing breaking out towards Magneto, now she's maybe even not a mutant.

Why would the revelation that he is now not her father change how she felt before is my question? How is this different then finding out the people you thought were parents adopted you? They are just making them no longer his children, they are not erasing who they were or what they did and thought when they were his children. Magneto still saved their lives as teens, they still were with the brotherhood and then apparently were lied two twice about who could be their father, now they are saying he is not, what will actually change, them having more non-interaction with each other?

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By UHypocrite

For those of you who don't like these characters or care for their retcon, won't understand the damage that are been causing here. It's fine and understandable for those who don't give it s*hit about this family. But I understand in a way because I literally don't give s*hit about the GREYS, Summers, or Phoenixes family. Most of them are either dead, unpopular, a plot, and/or forgotten. But the Magnus family are what keeps the XM and Avengers interesting. No one can't say they aren't his kids because there are not enough proof or explanation. So why people keep saying they are not his kids? They ARE his kids and will always be. It doesn't change the past, but it will be a bunch of lies and eventually it will be trashing and forgotten because of the new story. That's including HOM, AVX, and more that will be trashing.

This will change a lot. They will use those twins to be against Magneto and is the only way they can interact... by fighting and trying to kill him or Cyclops because I doubt Cyclops is gonna let them kill Magneto after everything Magneto had done for him and the XM. This will be a useless war and so the X-fans can even hate the twins even more because they aren't mutants. House of M, AVX, Children's Crusade, and more... was too popular to just erase and change everything of these events that were a big time selling stories. Without these characters especially Magneto, the XM are more like meh and you guys know this. The retcon is nothing, but a big time damages for these characters.

For those of you who already shared your opinion, move on, because we don't need to see this thread getting derail by the same opinion over and over about how less you care. It will be obvious in your first post, but posting it over and over it's even more OBVIOUS you're a hater. They are family and FTW.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you who don't like these characters or care for their retcon, won't understand the damage that are been causing here. It's fine and understandable for those who don't give it s*hit about this family. But I understand in a way because I literally don't give s*hit about the GREYS, Summers, or Phoenixes family. Most of them are either dead, unpopular, a plot, and/or forgotten. But the Magnus family are what keeps the XM and Avengers interesting. No one can't say they aren't his kids because there are not enough proof or explanation. So why people keep saying they are not his kids? They ARE his kids and will always be. It doesn't change the past, but it will be a bunch of lies and eventually it will be trashing and forgotten because of the new story. That's including HOM, AVX, and more that will be trashing.

This will change a lot. They will use those twins to be against Magneto and is the only way they can interact... by fighting and trying to kill him or Cyclops because I doubt Cyclops is gonna let them kill Magneto after everything Magneto had done for him and the XM. This will be a useless war and so the X-fans can even hate the twins even more because they aren't mutants. House of M, AVX, Children's Crusade, and more... was too popular to just erase and change everything of these events that were a big time selling stories. Without these characters especially Magneto, the XM are more like meh and you guys know this. The retcon is nothing, but a big time damages for these characters.

For those of you who already shared your opinion, move on, because we don't need to see this thread getting derail by the same opinion over and over about how less you care. It will be obvious in your first post, but posting it over and over it's even more OBVIOUS you're a hater. They are family and FTW.

A lot of you have been complaining about how SW and QS are no longer related to Magneto, but does that really matter?

This is the OPs first sentence, this sentence suggests that OP does not understand why it matters to people complaining about it mattering therefore the opinions of those that don't think it matters fall in line with what the OP intended when the thread was started. You are just as guilty of saying the same thing over and over so I don't see why you have a leg to stand on when requesting other people not share their own opinion in a forum just because it's not identical to your own. Derailing a thread happens when people bring up things not directly relevant to the OP, like you mentioning the Greys and Summers. So the only person guilty of derailing the thread is you, those that don't think it matters have stayed on the topic.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By UHypocrite

@lordofallhumans said:

@uhypocrite said:

A lot of you have been complaining about how SW and QS are no longer related to Magneto, but does that really matter?

This is the OPs first sentence, this sentence suggests that OP does not understand why it matters to people complaining about it mattering therefore the opinions of those that don't think it matters fall in line with what the OP intended when the thread was started. You are just as guilty of saying the same thing over and over so I don't see why you have a leg to stand on when requesting other people not share their own opinion in a forum just because it's not identical to your own. Derailing a thread happens when people bring up things not directly relevant to the OP, like you mentioning the Greys and Summers. So the only person guilty of derailing the thread is you, those that don't think it matters have stayed on the topic.

OP "Does It Matter?"

I say f*ck yea. Of Course those who THINK that it don't matter have stayed on the topic because it don't matter. But as I mentioned in the OP, is a question not for those who don't matter but also for those who matter. My Phoenixes was an example of how I, in a way, understand those people not mattering because I feel the same way with the Phoenixes. So don't come and say I'm not staying with the OPs because I'm derailing the thread that it matter while you're derailing the thread that it don't matter. So, derailing it's the least you should talk about just as guilty when YOU are also saying the same thing of how You don't care "I DON"T CARE ABOUT THEM AND WILL BE GLAD TO NOT HAVE TO READ ABOUT AVENGERS WHEN I WANT TO READ ABOUT X-MEN."

SO I DO CARE ABOUT THEM.

amadeasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: In real life you're right. Finding out he isn't their blood probably wouldn't change their feelings a great deal. In comic book world it does make a difference. You said they would not lose character development, but they actually would. For starters the retcon so far has been terribly written so from an artistic standpoint, that's enough to be upset about right there. This revelation could have been used to look more into the characters of the twins. Instead everything is rushed and too convoluted. We are told for instance that Pietro is "unraveling" but we aren't shown how or even why. We aren't given any interaction really where the twins or Magneto had a chance to discuss it, reflect on what's happened. How can you have any character development when you don't even know what the characters are thinking when such a revelation hits? What that means is the writers don't care about a good story or character development so there is some other motive for rushing out this retcon. And also back to their feelings about Magneto. The twins didn't find out Magneto was their father until they were adults even though they knew him as teens. Yet, once they found out they instantly developed daddy issues. Things like this tend to create instant change in a character, and since this whole thing is being done in a sloppy way, these changes probably won't be for the better. They probably won't have much interaction with Magneto and no other relationships they have is nearly as interesting so they lose a lot of dimension. To say its just like finding out you are adopted, would that change how you feel about your parents? Well once again, in reality no, but if you look at the twins, Magneto instantly became daddy once he became blood, never mind that they were raised by a loving and attentive adopted father. Things work like that because the writers assume the readers have short attention spans and don't remember history.

If you don't follow the twins like you said then yeah it won't bother you one bit. But because this will result in a huge change of the characters, (if they intend to go through with this retcon, which is still undetermined as far as I'm concerned) and the twins will pretty much cease to be the people that they were. And if such a massive change can be done at any time then what really is the point of following any character? I view this family as a backbone of the universe. Not the only backbone; it won't collapse with this change, but there needs to be some stability in a universe that's always changing. If they can just erase it in a sloppy way then it makes me apathetic about the whole thing. Anyway, that's how I feel. I think I'm kinda all over the place with this post. But you can't really deny that this will change a lot of things and it does diminish the past, just as any retcon diminishes the past stories. Sometimes it's worth it because it opens up new doors and creates even better stories, but the way this is going, it really doesn't look like anything good will come out of this retcon.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans:

Because she caused Decimation out of spite for Magneto. Because she thought that he traded them, his children, to his mutant cause. Because she was a self-hating mutant deep inside, at least for a big part, it did a lot to do with Magneto. Because she accepted that he is her father, no matter how she felt about it (I'm not even talking about "DNA test" thing), she blamed him for screwing them up. Because she was ashamed of this relation their share, even when he didn't even raise them, and maybe because he didn't. If there was no blood connection between them NOTHING of these would be even discussed or would take place in their life.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think I will remain in denial about this until it gets fixed. Yes. I will do this.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@adamtrmm said:

@lordofallhumans:

Because she caused Decimation out of spite for Magneto. Because she thought that he traded them, his children, to his mutant cause. Because she was a self-hating mutant deep inside, at least for a big part, it did a lot to do with Magneto. Because she accepted that he is her father, no matter how she felt about it (I'm not even talking about "DNA test" thing), she blamed him for screwing them up. Because she was ashamed of this relation their share, even when he didn't even raise them, and maybe because he didn't. If there was no blood connection between them NOTHING of these would be even discussed or would take place in their life.

and how does a DNA test negate her previous actions? As you said she accepted him as her father at the time so her actions and feelings don't become moot because she recently finds out he was not.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does that mean she's going to kill Magneto now? I mean, she's not a mutant, she can partially re-write reality and Magneto caused her grief for years.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans:

It just cheapens everything, and our attachment as readers. Nothing is constant until proven otherwise I guess. I mean, they could right now throw Kang the Conqueror to very integrally be behind the Dark Phoenix Saga with some power source for his future if activated back then motivation reasoning behind that, subduing little plotholes with some time-travel shenanigans explanation, but it still won't negate what happened so I guess it would be ok in continuity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.