Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Magneto (Debate a Feat)

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By afueikawa

Ok. I created this thread to share, debate, and know what you guys think of two feat showings of one X-Men iconic character.

THE PERFORMER(S).

No Caption Provided

THE FEATS.

Stadium levitated
    Stadium levitated

CLIP HERE

Golden Gate bridge ripped off and repositioned.
    Golden Gate bridge ripped off and repositioned.

CLIP HERE

Which feat is better and more awesome based on the following?

• Physical mass (weight) of the structures (including other things in/on them)
    • Time it takes to performed the feat
    • Age of Magneto (Does age affects Magneto's power)

NOTE (To MODS):If this is on the wrong thread, please move to the appropriate one.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

OH MY F*CK. THERES AN ACTUAL CLIP FOR THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

1. I have no idea how much a baseball stadium weighs. I've been trying to find out, but not much luck. The Golden Gate Bridge weighs 887,000 tons. (its on the official website)

2. Eh, about the same.

3. No idea.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bezza

..I have no idea, but its funny how Magneto has the greatest two feats of any Marvel Character on film, yet. He's lifted way more than Hulk, Thor or any of the others. Funny really when you consider he wouldn't be talked off as being "as strong" as those guys.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

The bridge!

and heres why when he picks up the baseball stadium there is no other things invovled, the bridge has a road full of cars on it. Not sure about weights ect but all those people died (or atleast you can assume most did) and that just shows how deadly he can be in such a short amount of time. I dont see really any discerning feature to make picking up one more impressive then the other but the body count with the bridge was much more impressive so yea ill give it to the bridge (unless he drops the stadium on the head of a few million people idk i havent seen the movie lol)

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O M F G :O I like the one from the baseball stadium. This is incredible and have no idea which weight more pero that baseball field look like it weight more. The bridge all he did was ripped off and place it to the lobby. But wow, the baseball field look tremendo.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the bridge

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer:

Well, considering how he levitated the bridge for a short time before dropping it on Alcatraz.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phisigmatau

the stadium. he carried it for miles and it seemed effortless.
    Seesh Magneto is a boss.

I think molecular fusion of the train rails and the Sentinels were the best feat though.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: That's why those "Whose stronger than who?" threads are so stupid when applied to comic superheroes with energy manipulation.

But to the topic, I vote for the stadium being more impressive, given how much concrete and non-metallic objects are used in it's building. He was carrying the metal plus keeping the structure stable, whereas the bridge seems "easier" for his powers to bend since it's primarily metal.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..I will pass judgement on this next week, after I have seen Days of Future Past!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cutter

@bezza: That's why those "Whose stronger than who?" threads are so stupid when applied to comic superheroes with energy manipulation.

But to the topic, I vote for the stadium being more impressive, given how much concrete and non-metallic objects are used in it's building. He was carrying the metal plus keeping the structure stable, whereas the bridge seems "easier" for his powers to bend since it's primarily metal.

Agree....I also vote for the stadium...

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's an additional info for the stadium feat.

Magneto ripped the RFK stadium and levitated it from there and put it around the White house.

Now the distance from those 2 points is 4 miles (more or less).

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems obvious the stadium is way better. Whereas the bridge was too easy for him.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone:

Well, on the Last Stand when he start to rip off the bridge, he's like grunting which IMO, indicates that he has a little difficulty.

But of course, that would return to the 3rd basis, does his age affects his powers.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone:

Well, on the Last Stand when he start to rip off the bridge, he's like grunting which IMO, indicates that he has a little difficulty.

But of course, that would return to the 3rd basis, does his age affects his powers.

It shouldn't, but maybe it does.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer:

Well, considering how he levitated the bridge for a short time before dropping it on Alcatraz.

Stadium is my vote. I'm not voting which weight more I'm only voting the one I like more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.