Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 12777 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Last Days: Secret Wars

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hi guys....it's been a while and I'm glad to be back in my fave Comic Vine site. Here I brought to you the Last Days Of Magneto: Secret Wars (and a few others)...starting in Magneto issue #18...coming in May. And here I find myself a little freaked out.

I don't even know where to begin. Boy...Marvel's plan is to change the whole Marvel Universe. First the twins Retcons and now this. Marvel Comics will lose 54 years of continuity as Earth-616 will merge with the Ultimate Universe in the latest companyline crossover. And believe it or not...Stan Lee is intrigued about the whole idea with mashing the two universes together in this crossover series. Can you imagine Miles and Peter working as a team? Honestly...I thought it was a good idea, but while this involve in the Magneto solo as well...I came to think once again that maybe...it's not a good idea for Magneto. I mean, the title tells it all "Last Days". Now...I'm not suggesting that he might die or it will be his last days or anything like that, but it can be possible that he might die during the war...which I don't think anything will stop Magneto from saving the world and his kind. Lets face it...we're talking about the Master of Magnetism. A character that won't let anything...anyone...nothing stop him. Lets hope it's not what I'm thinking, but I really don't trust Marvel anymore.

However...the situation won't end here. Everything that Magneto has done, everything that he's been through, everything he done bad, good, wrong, or right.....was all for nothing. Killing and fighting in the name of mutants was for nothing (this more likely applies to Cyclops also). Mutants will probably end as we all know it. The point is...crossover never end with a happy ending. Just like Axis didn't end as a happy ending either. I don't know about you guys, but it's seems like we are about to enter into the worst apocalyptic conclusion here. What if all this is to retcon or reboot few characters? Or maybe the majority of them (who knows)? Magneto's back story as the Holocaust survivor seems the perfect reason to describe his characterization...as the way he hated and feared humans. Changing Magneto's background won't help with his characterization and I think it will be SO unusual just to see him fighting for over nothing. Also, I heard the reason for this is not just to have some cleansing in those Universes, but to eliminate those useless characters and those that were dead might be alive somewhere...? Just rumors, but it can be true. I don;t know what else to think, but I, as a fan, I'm starting to worry about Magneto's ending book. I was hoping to see at lease 50 issues from Magneto. Because this book has so much potential and so much to tell in this story.

Here's the thing I don't get. If Bunn is writing his own book...why they don't just let him finish writing his book so then do this crazy crossover events? Axis didn't help at all and I can't hope, but fear that this Secret Wars will impact all the solo tittles. Probably cancelling them as well. If this will happen...I don't see why Magneto will need another new solo book...which is going to be about what...??? Saving Inhumans (this is me guessing)? Bunn is not saying nothing about if his Magneto's book will end after this event or if it will continue. He's been mute about the whole thing except that if his book get to end...it will be the best moment to wrap it up during this crossover events. I hope Marvel won't take this away from us fans...because it seems those good books get to be canceled. All I'm hoping is for Bunn to continue his writing...specifically Magneto.

Do you think we will get to see many cancellation starting with the solos? You think they might kill off Magneto? Do you think the whole dilemma is a good idea? Are you happy, upset, worried, disappointed with everything that's happening lately? I will leave you here with your final thoughts.

"Then, ask yourself – what will your legacy be when it’s all over? Cullen Bunn and Javi Fernandez have the answers in MAGNETO #18. The Mutant Master of Magnetism has learned his time is all but spent. A life of struggle and torment brought to a cataclysmic end at the destruction of all things. With everything he’s fought for his whole life brought to its unavoidable ending, how will he cope? Will he celebrate his legacy – or be tormented by it?"
    "First, Al Ewing and Luke Ross bring you a story of the people who faced the end of the world together, shoulder to shoulder in the face of destruction in CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE MIGHTY AVENGERS #8. Some of them wore costumes, and some of them didn’t. Some of them had super-human powers, and all some had were each other. Yet they were all Mighty Avengers in the end. And this is how they spent their last day."
    "Finally, the end of the Marvel Universe extends into Asgard and beyond as all the Ten Realms face their final hours in LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #14. Al Ewing and Lee Garbett bring you the curtain call of the God of Mischief. Ancient enemies march on Asgardia seeking their final vengeance – including King Loki, meaner, madder and more dangerous than before. Where is our Loki? What tragedy has befallen him, here at the end?"

Truuuuuuly I'm very concerned about this. Don't know what to think or make of it.
    Truuuuuuly I'm very concerned about this. Don't know what to think or make of it.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the only good thing i am excited about this is the fact that everything will be in-synch after secret wars. we wont be guessing what happened fist in what issue because of the delays in stories in some titles now.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im going to miss all-new x-men, i stuck to it from the beginning even when others gave up o it

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was really surprised that it did got interesting till scott left =( still reading it though

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AwesomePerson
    Speedlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole point of this is, is so they can rid the Marvel universe of mutants and Fantastic Four!! Hello!!!! It's not hard to see.. People have called them out on this and they deny it but the proof is there. They started with Wolverine, Deadpool is next and after secret wars X-Men/mutants will be dead along with FF and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be Inhumans!!!!! They are tired of promoting Fox movie business!! Both companies have been ripping each other off for decades. Not too thrilled with this idea though.

From what I understand it isn't REALLY a reboot, it's a bit more complicated. I guess we'll see, but I am disappointed and frustrated with everything Marvel had done especially with the twins ret-cons.

All I know they better not kill a well known, popular, interesting character so called... Magneto.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedlight: Absolutely agree. Marvel pretty much are doing all these crazy events only to hurt Fox. It's crystal clear what Marvel is trying to do.

Now, as for Magneto, Marvel better don't even try to retcon his characterization or even kill him because this will be the last time I will ever touch a Marvel book.

Betony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not excited at all. I have a feeling Magneto is going to get completely screwed over and I don't even want to think what will happen with the X-Men.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4U2NV

I disagree. Magneto can't be wipe out of the Marvel U no matter how much they hate Fox. Marvel or Disney are the stupid ones who sold the right to Fox. tell me this, how can they be that stupid to sell the most famous and interesting x team from the whole Marvel U combined? Were they were drunk in their spirit or on crack or something? Now they are sticking their middle finger to Fox when we are the ones bending over for it? cause Fox don't give a damn. I swear that if this really happen, I will no longer enter to a comic books store. Obviously this will not make me happy at all. But I don't think Marvel will ever do such. Let alone killing Magneto. Well I hope not.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still have months before secret wars right? I think black vortex will come up first.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EC2277

@darthphoenix: Black Vortex will start in February and will end in May; just in time for the start of Secret Wars. But because immediately after Black Vortex will start Utopians story arc, I don't think will be heavily involved in Secret Wars. Perhaps they will be the others X-Men. At least this is the opinion that I have formed, after the speech of Old Scott made in Avengers 38 about the phoenix egg.

Maybe Bendis wants keep the title late of twelve months in comparison to the all other Marvel titles, in order to tell his stories without pressure. So it could happen something like what happened with Axis: Bendis tells the Malloy story in Uncanny X-Men, taking all the time that he need and the title will jump directly to the consequences of Axis. Event which will be placed between Uncanny X-Men 32 and Uncanny X-Men 33; if someone can trust of Bendis' words.

Roboticianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta admit, the more I read about Secret Wars the less I understand it. What purpose is this going to serve? If Marvel's trying to reboot their universe to make it easier for new readers I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. And about Magneto? I......I don't know how to feel about this. Ain't the Magneto solo book is from Earth-616? If they kill the one from 616, that means his book will end......right? My main question is, are there going to be duplicate characters fighting each other or something (like 2 Magneto 2 Captain, 2 iroman etc)? Like I said, I don't understand it at all. I hope Marvel will have some consideration despite their conflicts with Fox. Shame because the Magneto series was the best to read.

Speedlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: I really don’t know what to think. I kinda like the of the event itself, but the aftermath? It fills me with untold dread. I…I like Marvel universe as it is. No need to “clean the table” like new 52 IMO. I await further feelings.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: I really don’t know what to think. I kinda like the of the event itself, but the aftermath? It fills me with untold dread. I…I like Marvel universe as it is. No need to “clean the table” like new 52 IMO. I await further feelings.

Im really starting to hate Marvel more than EVER. I think they are not only destroying the universe, but themselves. Marvel are beginning to be hated by many UGH... who wouldn't

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody tell marvel this is the stupidest idea ever.

Avatar image for timetraveltravetz
    TimeTravelTravetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody tell marvel this is the stupidest idea ever.

I agree and NO! Speculation mean nothing. Marvel can't just do such to get back at Fox, Even though, this is what been going on for so long, I think all this is just to scare Fox or something. Eliminating Magneto is like eliminating the X-men. Although, I think that's what they want, eliminate them and turn them into Inhumans, but this won't help them to get their rights back. But there is a cover of Inhumans and X-men where Medusa has her foot on Cyclops face. Maybe they won't be Inhumans and Magneto is also in that cover as well. If Marvel knew that if they kill Magneto, a lot of fans are going to hate them and probably stop buying their comics. I don't think they can be that stupid. His solo better continue.

ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is there a point to continue buying back issues from these past 3 years or so?

Uncanny, Wolverine & the x-men, amazing, and all new.

Or should I just stop and wait till this secret wars thing is done to see if any continuity will take place

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19 god_spawn  Moderator

@box1992 said:

So is there a point to continue buying back issues from these past 3 years or so?

Or should I just stop and wait till this secret wars thing is done to see if any continuity will take place

They have essentially said continuity will still matter, and all these writers have been given a deadline to finish up stuff until Secret Wars was going to hit, yet this story has been built up for a couple of years now. All Secret Wars and Battleworld is so far is that it is a mash-up of different universes that co-exist in a single one, not that it is a complete overhaul. So if you believe they will reboot, which hasn't been stated yet, then wait. If you think they won't, which hasn't been directly stated either, then feel free to get some issues. You have take into consideration what you believe. Why would they make new stories just to get rid of them 5-8 months later, you know?

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@box1992 said:

If I was you yes.

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@box1992 said:

They have essentially said continuity will still matter, and all these writers have been given a deadline to finish up stuff until Secret Wars was going to hit, yet this story has been built up for a couple of years now. All Secret Wars and Battleworld is so far is that it is a mash-up of different universes that co-exist in a single one, not that it is a complete overhaul. So if you believe they will reboot, which hasn't been stated yet, then wait. If you think they won't, which hasn't been directly stated either, then feel free to get some issues. You have take into consideration what you believe. Why would they make new stories just to get rid of them 5-8 months later, you know?

Ah alright, yeah I decided to start reading everything from whedons run onwards but have been collecting issues still so I would have them when I catch up. I guess Ill hold off for now and wait till this is over since I'm only at messiah complex atm.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I hate the most is including Magneto book for another useless crossover. Leave Magneto book alone and don't messed up with crap. He's fine on his own and I don't think they can kill off a popular character. But yes it can happen. I'm not happy with this idea and don't like the fact that that tittle is "The Last Days"

Marvel stop the crap already, we know how much you hate FOX.

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Warhammer

Secret Wars isn't a reboot (or so they say), so no, I don't think so. And I don't think Magneto will die.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Wars isn't a reboot (or so they say)

Suuuuure

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By -daydream-

Mark my word on this: Nothing so damn important will happen in Secret Wars, we saw a lot of events promising big changes or saying 'this will change everything u know' blabla, Secret Wars is just one of them so u can all forget about a reboot or retcon..maybe just a few minor changes to some characters that only long time readers will realize, but nothing sth big.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...Magneto a villain? I don't think so. An Anti-hero? 'Fraid not. Let's just call it like it is: Magneto's a HERO. There is no other way to look at what he is doing. He is doing something which might kill him...will PROBABLY kill him, but he's doing it anyway...for the sake of others...mutants and humans alike. That sort of selflessness in the face of almost certain death is pretty much the definition of heroism.

And the father-daughter reconciliation? This is Magneto at his most...HUMAN.

I have a terrible feeling about Magneto's death. And like in one of my old thread (who's going to carry Magneto's legacy) I was right...it's going to be Polaris. I think after the Magneto's book...I'm done with Marvel. Magneto no longer exists, so neither does Marvel for me.

Later on I will post some images

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't Scott bring most of them back ?

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I agree wholeheartedly. Everything that people keep denying when Magneto is an xm. He's still wearing his X and that mean he's an x men. He's the one saving the world with his daughter so...............................where are the "heroes" ??? I'm referring the xm. There no one have anything bad to say about that, but ANYWAY, Magneto is a hero.

@kgb725 said:

Why can't Scott bring most of them back ?

Bring who back? Perhaps you think Scott is a GGGOOODDDD ??? Scott can't do sh!t, but hide in his tunnel. I don't know what you mean by that because Scott can't bring no one back. I mean, he can't bring himself out of his own insanity, and he's gonna bring someone back? lol Magneto is the one who's going to save his and everyone else asses (for your information).

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kgb725

@uhypocrite: The Phoenix is the embodiment of life and death I was just curious that's all no need to go aggro bro

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I'm not aggro here. Just wondering because if i recall this so correctly, Scott is not a phoenix and the Phoenix can't do nothing, but guide the destruction. Because it is what the Phoenixess does... destroy and destroy and destroy in order to create useless ones. But then again, it makes me wonder who or what the hell is in the phoenix egg. I think it's just another ruination.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

So...Magneto a villain? I don't think so. An Anti-hero? 'Fraid not. Let's just call it like it is: Magneto's a HERO. There is no other way to look at what he is doing. He is doing something which might kill him...will PROBABLY kill him, but he's doing it anyway...for the sake of others...mutants and humans alike. That sort of selflessness in the face of almost certain death is pretty much the definition of heroism.

And the father-daughter reconciliation? This is Magneto at his most...HUMAN.

I have a terrible feeling about Magneto's death. And like in one of my old thread (who's going to carry Magneto's legacy) I was right...it's going to be Polaris. I think after the Magneto's book...I'm done with Marvel. Magneto no longer exists, so neither does Marvel for me.

Later on I will post some images

I'm with you in this.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

@uhypocrite: Scott IS a phoenix in Secret Wars

Yes, another reality Scott. I'm sure that's not the 616 Scott.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chapmar
    Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

@uhypocrite: Nope, it's 616 Scott!!

As much as I would love to be the Scotty from 616, but it's not confirmed.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is 616 scott, he opens the phoenix egg in the first SW issue and then gets on the raft.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geforce: It is man! He had the phoenix egg in the Avengers Comics... hatched it in Secret Wars 1 when things were going to pot...

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And if it's confirmed, then I feel really bad for him. Another character to the grave.

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww man really? Now Cyclops is just another copy of the Phoenix. What a waste of character.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And if it's confirmed, then I feel really bad for him. Another character to the grave.

I guess you were right

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:
    @magnetowasalwaysright said:

I guess you were right

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Wasn't I? LOL

And here is the panel I wanted to see.

ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It look like Cyclops hyped up on Phoenix power, decides to stand up to Doom. It doesn’t end well for Cyke.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.