Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

jean vs kitty--for who should own the "x-men" rights opinion poll

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll jean vs kitty--for who should own the "x-men" rights opinion poll (18 votes)

Jean Grey--first lady of X 94%
    Kitty Pryde-- future president 6%

i want to see them fighting it out in court.........

jean's argument is "everyone should have a equal right to the name"

kitty's argument is "but storm gave it to me and before that its was scott's(who gave it to storm and logan)

who wins? who loses???

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Where's gabby,the best there is?So,i decided not to vote.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut??

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure what this thread is, but voted jean for some reason.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I think it's "who has the rights to lead the x-men and to shout to me my X-men"

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pole isnt even in english.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

This pole isnt even in english.

so why did u vote jean?? o.0

@cattlebattle: I think it's "who has the rights to lead the x-men and to shout to me my X-men"

back in x-men gold, kitty owned the rights to "x-men"...........that why kitty told havok "you have no right to call yourselves x-men" from astonishing x-men(2018)

@pyrofn@ursaber@ashetdust thoughts?

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean.

I would vote her even if I wasn't currently soured on Kitty. But because I am currently soured, I voted extra Jean.

So Jean+.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean.

I would vote her even if I wasn't currently soured on Kitty. But because I am currently soured, I voted extra Jean.

So Jean+.

:D

i just dont see kitty as a leader type ........no matter how hard marvel is pushing female empowerment without looking sexy

i liked how in x-men 100th anniversary special, grown kitty was shown as bodyguard to president scott summers(she was head of security team) LOL

psylocke back in uncanny 500 to 530 i think was shown to be "head of security team"

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lol psylocke will fell that in the morning LOL

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Either way, both will give the leadership back to Storm, who deserves it the most.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

What the heck kind of move is Betsy trying to pull off? The Dreaded British Ninja Hip Dislocation of Doom?

Just ouch!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

What the heck kind of move is Betsy trying to pull off? The Dreaded British Ninja Hip Dislocation of Doom?

Just ouch!

lmao

Either way, both will give the leadership back to Storm, who deserves it the most

hmm i like storm as second in command........wasnt it a big thing she couldnt be leader cause she had a fear of claustrophobia(fear of tight-closed places)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: in the pic above........scott seems more jealous of shaw then he did with namor flirting with emma LOL ........even emma is shocked by scott's outrage on that panel ........where scott doesnt do "freak outs" LOL

@pyrofn hahahahahah ha ha

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@hopesummersforthefuture,@jhazzroucher

The X-men have always had as far as I remember a sort of co leadership of the 1st and 2nd in command...

Kitty had legitimacy as a leader of the X-men when she helped Logan restart the School, however her standing lessened a bit, when she stepped aside for Storm as soon as she returned, however she completely lost the right, when she threw a tantrum and left the School, just after Battle of the Atom (which was completely out of character) Marvel have since tried to give her the leadership again which hasen't worked well because of how she left the school.

Jean I would consider the true heir to Xavier's dream, She was his first protegee, and like a daughter to him, by the end of Morrison's Run Jean was going to take over running things, however then she died at the hands of Magneto/Xorn so we never got to see how she would of lead, however even though she died she never lost her legitimacy as a leader of the X-men, now that she has returned Jean is a natural choice to run the school and lead the X-men.

Storm really grew into her own during the Australia era, as a leader of the X-Men, and even had gone head to head with Cyclops without her powers, however when she married Black Panther this lost her some of her standing with the X-men due to her divided loyalties, time and other commitments, when she stayed with Cyclops out of guilt, despite her wanting to return to the school, she lost even more standing, and certainly the right to lead, this is why it didn't quite work with her taking over for Kitty, however by extraordinary X-men she had regained most of her Legitimacy as leader, through decent writing and several deaths, although I'd say stepping down to a returning Kitty due to work stress, kind of undid most of that again...

I guess I just view leadership as a willingness to take responsibility for both yourself and others, to do what's necessary or right, even when things seem insurmountable and you want to throw in the towel, it's a willingness to take others and their needs into account, and be able to put yourself aside for benefit of the group as a whole.

As for who should be the second in command, I'd personally say Logan, he is really in a similar boat to Jean, having also died while in charge, so still has credibility he's also always been a strong second on quite a few X-teams...

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No-one should own leadership. They have to earn it. Day by day, action by action, value by value.

By those three motiffs, Jean technically owns the position more, but I refuse to vote for one of two bad options.

If anyone owns the 'X-Men' tip of the leadership, it's Charles Xavier for obvious reasons.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: nicely said

No-one should own leadership. They have to earn it. Day by day, action by action, value by value.

By those three motiffs, Jean technically owns the position more, but I refuse to vote for one of two bad options.

If anyone owns the 'X-Men' tip of the leadership, it's Charles Xavier for obvious reasons.

thats what i was thinking , everyone in the x-men should own it by earning their place in the x-men,

kitty telling havok he couldnt call his team x-men in astonishing is laughable, havok was a x-men longer then junior/kitty LOL

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JEAN - seniority-wise and we've got to admit, jean is as good of a tactician than scott or storm or kitty. Maybe even better. She can also communicate well to anyone. She is very diplomatic and level headed.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it looks like Armor vs Jean might happen more than anything.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol This is so stupid.

Kitty despite the quality of the book itself did excellent in Gold as a leader and in pretty much every book from Astonishing to Mr and Mrs, to even Iceman and Gen X shes been depicted as having a reign on all parts of the team even those outside of the school and her line up.

She basically did what we thought Jean would do if she had comeback during the schism, by returning positivity and functionality to the X-men and the various line ups. The team as a franchise all seem to have the same direction under Kitty.

Jean is doing great though. And if they can edge her slightly more toward her Morrison development I would love to see her leading the school or just continuing to be a field leader. If Kitty really is going into politics then I would really love to see Kitty be the public head of the X-Men while Jean does the day to day stuff and having them both have to coordinate things with eachother.

The set up in the current Uncanny though is what works the best. Kitty's the leader, but Storm and Jean are the senior generals.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If they insist on having multiple teams with different agendas then there should be no one leader if the Xmen. They could do an X-council with the leading members directing Xmen activities but one mutant or the Xmen themselves being the leaders of all mutantkind is just ridiculous

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats what i was thinking , everyone in the x-men should own it by earning their place in the x-men,

kitty telling havok he couldnt call his team x-men in astonishing is laughable, havok was a x-men longer then junior/kitty LOL

You know, every time you say something right makes me believe you've been abducted by aliens lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: if this is so stupid then why did most ppl vote jean ??? o.0

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

You know, every time you say something right makes me believe you've been abducted by aliens lol.

LOL how do u know im not a Alien hahahahahaahah ha ha

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GladeusEx

LOL how do u know im not a Alien hahahahahaahah ha ha

Given how this sentence has 'a Alien' without autocorrect kicking in though, .... I'm gonna say you're a typically internet hooman.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Red_Paladin_

Thank you!!! :)

Totally agree...

True, although he should still make it clear, that his was an independent X-team, and so not actually affiliated with the school...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyMK1rQNUQ4

@gladeusex said:

Totally agree, which is why I didn't mention ownership, it's a responsibility and a privilege, to lead not a right, therefore when others put their trust in you you have to earn it everyday, Jean and Logan simply didn't break that trust, given that they died hero's...

She certainly is far more set up to do so, and it is fair enough that you feel that way, I guess for you it's like this moment from Ghostbusters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ctgn7kKYHo

True, although he made it clear that he'd rather others continue in his place, When Logan restarted the School, I personally think he should start a new project...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's about that time for a dog in a watermelon.

Image result for dog in a watermelon gif
    GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle

@gladeusex:

Hunh, interesting, but your wrecking ball cat is called by this
    Related image
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cattlebattle

Oh ho ho, I am not done there

Related image
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're in a state of bemusement right now asking yourself "will this freaking bear get the freaking thing off his head!!??"

"Will he??"
    "Will he????"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is no. Unfortunately this guy is absent of human privilege and has no thumbs and he can't get it off....

He just walks away

He will have to wear this helm of shame forever....

He still wears it to this very day

Related image
    PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@koays: “This pole isnt even in english”

I didn’t know you could make poles with the English language. At first I thought you meant polls, but nah, that’s absurd. :P

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kitty's just too preachy to be a leader. The best X-Men leaders have been the ones who have a more fluid view--it was why I enjoyed Utopia!Scott as a leader best of all, and WatXM!Wolverine the least. There was a while wherein I liked Kitty as a potential leader but through the course of Gold I've lost trust in her ability to be impartial. Weirdly--considering her telepathic nature--Jean is somehow a much better impartial figurehead for the mutant race.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.