Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is this what Cyclops meant by "No More Avengers" ?

• 165 results
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By dernman

I hope the Phoenix pushed Cyttorak out of Colossus. I'm getting tired of that.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By ReVamp

@Dernman said:

I hope the Phoenix pushed Cyttorak out of Colossus. I'm getting tired of that.

I hope Phoenix ends everything that has happened in Utopia. I'm getting tired of that. Hell, I was tired of it when it first began...

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Dman1366

you guys should ready New Mutants issue 48. i have been re-reading my collection and the utopia that Bobby and Amara built was just like this new one made by the phoenix 5.

@TDK_1997: again, i agree with you. The reason why House of M, IMO, was the best event. Why? because it's after effects are still going on to date. hell, it was the catalyst to this event. but things like, Civil War and Fear Itself were pointless because it changed nothing. Sure Cap was gone for a while, but now he's back. And Second Coming and Siege were awesome as well, Journey into the Mystery is still feeling the aftermath of Siege and Nightcrawler is still dead.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#104  Edited By TDK_1997

@Dman1366:I must agree with you that Second Coming was great but events like Siege and Fear Itself were so stupid and not needed that there's no way I can like them in hundred years.And as for Civil War,ARE YOU SERIOUS?Civil War and House of M were one of the best Marvel events ever.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By aerokinesis

Namor - Phoenix Ocean

Emma - Phoenix Astral Plane

Magik - Phoenix Magic Realm or something like that :-/

Cyclops - Phoenix Land

Colossus - ???????

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Dman1366

@TDK_1997: Sorry i mispoke, so i deleted the post. I loved Civil War. I said it was pointless because of the way they are writing the Avengers now. They are acting like it didn't happen. Which is dumb. I think House of M was the best event (besides Secret War 1 and 2). I kinda liked Siege, and atleast they are continuing the aftermath in Journey into Mystery, with Asgard and Loki. I absolutely HATED Fear Itself though.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By TDK_1997

@Dman1366:The Avengers are behaving like Civil War didn't happen because Bendis is writing that book and that's why it sucks basically.And about AvX,it will suck as ear Itself because so far for 5 issues it hasn't proved that we should put some hope in it.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Dman1366

@TDK_1997: Bendis should have stopped with Ultimate Spiderman 2000 series. He is just not a good writer anymore. I just have hope because i am a die hard xmen fan. I read the first 2 Fear Itself issues and quit caring hahaha. They need to take a break on "events" and just let the books do their own thing. on that note both Uncanny X-Men and WatX are amazing.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TDK_1997

@Dman1366:Bendis is an awesome writer but he can write only solo character's books.He can't handle team books.The only team book that he wrote and was good were the first few issues of New Avengers vol.1 2005.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Dman1366

@TDK_1997: i never checked those out.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@TDK_1997 said:

@Dman1366:Bendis is an awesome writer but he can write only solo character's books.He can't handle team books.The only team book that he wrote and was good were the first few issues of New Avengers vol.1 2005.

Very, very true.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By joshmightbe
    Anyone else see the similarity to Cyke's new outfit
    Anyone else see the similarity to Cyke's new outfit
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TDK_1997

@Dman1366:You should check them out.The first 20-25 issues of the 1st New Avengers volume were really cool.He handled the characters really well and the stories were interesting.After that he made the stories stupid and didn't have much development but in the end he started making some interesting arcs again.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm actually changing my mind on the whole Phoenix Five. It's kind of nice to see a different type of host other than various Jean/Emma knockoffs.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By UltraBiel

@spekqj said:

@Yasiiii4 said:

The only way this could end up well, is if they bring

Jean back and she fixes all this crap

Second to that.

I think the same. Jean came back and kick these five cosmic rangers's butts.

And save the Avengers for a later beating!

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Enzo991

WOW so much hate for the Avengers. Jean Grey is a horrible character, and the whole Phoenix thing is just a retarded plot-device. Let Jean return and FIX everything you say, well this will be an even dumper way to finish the event, and that's why I can actually see it happening.

The only good thing about this issue is that it confirmed that there will be no happy ending for the X-Men. My only hope is that they leave Jean out of this, and manage to finish the event with minimal damage to the characters.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Nightcrawler23

does this mean no more cyttorak for colossus? if so, YES!

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@aerokinesis said:

WOW! IM KINDA DISAPPOINTED MAGNETO AND STORM AREN'T APART OF THE PHOENIX FIVE...MUST SUCK BEING LEFT ON EARTH

They were already powerful enough.

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By fullmetalquach

this actually seems pretty bad ass, i like the costumes and the idea of it is awesome, i cant wait to see the permanent changes to the universe now that scott has the power cosmic

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By chiq

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@aerokinesis said:

WOW! IM KINDA DISAPPOINTED MAGNETO AND STORM AREN'T APART OF THE PHOENIX FIVE...MUST SUCK BEING LEFT ON EARTH

Magik and Colossus are more powerful then Mags and Storm and the siblings still got a power up. I don't get why a hell lord and an Avatar of Cyttorak need a power up though... Both of them still have a lot untapped potential without this whole new pf thing going on. We barely know what's happening with Colossus new demon form and Magik status with her darkchilde persona..and they dump this on them. Hopefully this pf five thing doesn't ruin the on going stories of certain characters.

I wonder which one of the 5 lose it and turn into a big time threat? hopefully they make some these changes stick, if it doesn't, this is fear itself all over again.( give them brand new hammers take em away a couple of issues later making the whole event useless) Still not sure if this pf five is a good or bad thing.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#121  Edited By RainEffect

@AweSam said:

I like Cyclops' Nightwing costume.

I want to punch him so hard.

Seriously, it's like the writer's at Marvel are like "First one to make every single reader DESPISE Cyclops wins!"

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By SoA

after the reveal of the phoenix host(s) im done with AvX .it killed it for me

spekqj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By spekqj

@SoA said:

after the reveal of the phoenix host(s) im done with AvX .it killed it for me

who doesn't?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By SoA

@spekqj: the few who believe Marvel still has great stories, im not one of them . i just hoped AvX wasn't this much garbage lol

spekqj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By spekqj

@SoA: Two days ago I saw a person vomiting on the street and it was pretty disgusting. But you know what? After reading this issue, looking at somebody vomiting over and over seems very peaceful and nice.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SoA

@spekqj: lmao!

totallytogepi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By totallytogepi

I just hope that Marvel figures out some way to bring jean grey back because even though I'll give this issue a chance, I still think they need to bring her back and not have these five keep the Phoenix force. :/

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ThanosIsMad

This whole storyline has been taking a crap on every Phoenix related story over the past decade, and that's not even including the stuff Grant Morrison did in New X-Men. Everything from Endsong to the Rachel Grey in space stuff, this story has pretty much ignored.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By aerokinesis

@chiq said:

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@aerokinesis said:

Magik and Colossus are more powerful then Mags and Storm and the siblings still got a power up. I don't get why a hell lord and an Avatar of Cyttorak need a power up though... Both of them still have a lot untapped potential without this whole new pf thing going on. We barely know what's happening with Colossus new demon form and Magik status with her darkchilde persona..and they dump this on them. Hopefully this pf five thing doesn't ruin the on going stories of certain characters.

I wonder which one of the 5 lose it and turn into a big time threat? hopefully they make some these changes stick, if it doesn't, this is fear itself all over again.( give them brand new hammers take em away a couple of issues later making the whole event useless) Still not sure if this pf five is a good or bad thing.

QFT! And there was also a 'what if' storm was possessed by the phoenix instead of jean grey. This would've been the perfect opportunity to draw a contrast to the what if and the cannon story.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@aerokinesis said:

@chiq said:

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@aerokinesis said:

QFT! And there was also a 'what if' storm was possessed by the phoenix instead of jean grey. This would've been the perfect opportunity to draw a contrast to the what if and the cannon story.

The writers are clearly setting up the X-Men to be villains.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@SoA said:

@spekqj: the few who believe Marvel still has great stories, im not one of them . i just hoped AvX wasn't this much garbage lol

it's not that bad.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Rickbarry

I don't get how creating sustainable energy, food and ending war will make them the bad guys.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Dman1366

@Rickbarry: i think this whole AvX is just a set up for a MU reboot.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Dman1366:I don't think so. They're launching new titles, like Captain Marvel, that seem to be in this continuity, and Bendis' Ultron War arc is coming up soon.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#135  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@AweSam said:

I like Cyclops' Nightwing costume.

my first though was why is Cyclops cosplaying as nightwing, and why is he wearing a THONG?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Rickbarry

@Dman1366: Yeah, if they were going to do a total reboot they'd of done it with the whole Regenesis thing after Fear Itself. I don't think they'd relaunch a series only to do it once more.

Oh and also I'm thinking of opening a muffin shop. We're just selling muffin tops.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Dman1366

@Rickbarry: That was the best reference yet. good job hahaha. I had an idea where all the super heroes could wear COTTON uniforms instead.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#138  Edited By knighthood

I'm not going to lie. I bought this issue because colossus is no longer bald. So being a phoenix force host makes you the hair club for men's president.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Rickbarry

@Dman1366: It makes total sense. It's a light breathable fabric! Genius! I wonder if Wolverine will hit Cyclops with the jerk store line in the next issue. It's perfect.

@knighthood: Colossus hair has that much pull, eh? Impressive.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Hareil0079

@Dman1366 said:

@Rickbarry: i think this whole AvX is just a set up for a MU reboot.

I can see that but I also a whole new team being formed at the end of AvX event.

Gotta say I love how they are now setting up the avengers to be the bad guys in Act 2

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry said:

I don't get how creating sustainable energy, food and ending war will make them the bad guys.

It's part of the slippery slope that Jean Grey dealt with. Remember when she tampered with the Pryde's memories because it would be traumatic for them to remember that their daughter was kidnapped, messy for the X-Men recruitment mission to have that be an issue and basically inconvenient to the X-Men's agenda? She didn't do anything that bad (even though technically, it was the PF not Jean), but even in New X-Men she got the idea to use TK to resurrect Emma because she could even though in the past it might have been considered sacrilegious to resurrect someone. Next thing you know, Emma is going to decide to use the PF to change the minds of anyone who hates mutants, while Magik would be using her discs to change history on a massive scale to make it better (Magik has always been an overlooked but extremely powerful character - the thought of her changing time with complete control over where/when they go is very intriguing...remember: it was her power that ended the first Age of Apocalypse). When you have such massive power, it tends to be the case that you want to use it.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By VampireSelektor

The "Phoenix Five" obeys canon, actually. Remember Galactus during his "Sentient Star" days? Mr. Fantastic was able to cause inertness in a force of nature. Based on this moment, Hank and Tony possess the combined intelligence and creativity to at least affect The Phoenix (via contraption).. If I was not immersed in nine layers of Ethiopia, I would elaborate further. It's an interesting idea though, depicting The Phoenix Force as a pseudo(quasi?)-Five Percenter idea (a celestial force flowing through a people, although just five people is a stretch), instead of a quasi(pseudo?)-Christian idea. If the next step in mutant evolution meant a Phoenix-manifesting mutant gene, would that necessarily ruin X-Men comics, Phoenix divided among millions of people?

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#143  Edited By MadRooster81

I'm not sure it's a Marvel Reboot, but more a restructuring. I mean How many Avengers teams are there? Who isn't an Avenger at this point in time? I hope they restructure the Avengers and merge the X-Men back toa few titles. It's getting out of hand as it is.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#144  Edited By jrock85

I am baffled beyond words as to why anyone would pay 3.99 for this abomination. I'd rather pay 3.99 for a plate of microwaved gonorrhea discharge.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Hareil0079

@cjbostick81 said:

I'm not sure it's a Marvel Reboot, but more a restructuring. I mean How many Avengers teams are there? Who isn't an Avenger at this point in time? I hope they restructure the Avengers and merge the X-Men back toa few titles. It's getting out of hand as it is.

Tis true

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#146  Edited By tg1982

@jrock85 said:

I am baffled beyond words as to why anyone would pay 3.99 for this abomination. I'd rather pay 3.99 for a plate of microwaved gonorrhea discharge.

Wow. That's...uh...that's a horrible image. I take it you're not a fan? And how much would you pay for a plate of frozen gonorrhea discharge? :-)

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#147  Edited By jrock85

@tg1982 said:

@jrock85 said:

Wow. That's...uh...that's a horrible image. I take it you're not a fan? And how much would you pay for a plate of frozen gonorrhea discharge? :-)

More than I'd pay for AvX. ;P

creyzi4zb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By creyzi4zb12

What are you gonna do with a gonorrhea discharge anyway?

At least you get a good story with AvX 5.

On topic: I read in the previous issues that the 5 lights are supposed to be near Hope when the PF comes, so as they can share the power. Could the new hosts be the result of this problem and not Iron Man's machine?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Skaddix

@cjbostick81 said:

Yeah some relaunches and realignment to be expected.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Osian2

@Skaddix said:

@cjbostick81 said:

Yeah some relaunches and realignment to be expected.

The bad part is the x-men just got restructured with Schism so it's just gonna benefit the Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.