Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is the fan sympathy for the X-Men intended?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I can't help but wonder if the 'official mutants are bad in the Inhuman conflict but we all side with them' thing is intended.

Ever since AvX and especially with IvX, are the writers giving subtle efforts along the lines of 'we think the Inhumans who aren't Kamala suck but Perlmutter will make us lick goats if we are blatant on it'?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Writers love some meta......

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
    deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If it makes you feel better.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

maybe.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HighAccuser

i despise marvel and have sympathy for the characters they shit on

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's completely unbelievable that Soule would sacrifice his carrier for the sake of some supposedly positive meta when he could've POTENTIALLY become a new Claremont (for Inhuman franchise), it's that reverse-meta that killed it to begin with. From what I've heard retailers heard the complaints and were pretty anti Inhuman to the point some weren't ordering their books. I don't know if that's true, but that's what the internet talk indicates. Now not only that, the X-fans (at least the ones who share their opinions online) were mostly united in boycotting inhumans as the response to the Terrigen free propaganda poisoning the X-books both in and out of universe, which was obviously an intended editorial's own meta as the response to the compleX that had inhumans in front and center of it even before the M-pox crap was initiated. There are lots of points, rumors and opinions we may discuss, both in and out of universe, but imo it's silly to think that they were intentionally shooting themselves in the foot creating some unreadable books. Especially when another most notable complaint among the same people who were opposed to the whole new direction was that we are NOT interested in yet another extinction plot. So it's not like the X-books were even good. We had enough of the these sloppy mutant losers shit.

It's pretty obvious they didn't plan for the backlash that ended in weak sales for both franchises, one can even make a claim they changed their plans for Cyclops since what he did and the initial reactions to it have zero cohesiveness and paint the characters reacting to be hypocritical nonsensical douches. (Magik, what have they done you my little snowflake?! :()

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.