Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Inhumans vs X-Men Disscussion

• 51 results
    GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Topic says it all.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It was much, much better than I could have anticipated.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expecting X-men to be jobbed hard eventually. It starts with them dominating not without a reason you know...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Hahahahahahahahahaha, Dazzler took out Black Bolt. All this hype about him being an elite powerhouse and Dazzler beats him.

No Caption Provided

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who loses to Medusa doesn't deserve to be called an Xman.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha, Dazzler took out Black Bolt. All this hype about him being an elite powerhouse and Dazzler beats him.

No Caption Provided

Well, I mean given the Nature of Dazzlers powers are and how they work.....It makes sense for Black Bolt to be beaten by her. :-)

Anyone who loses to Medusa doesn't deserve to be called an Xman.

Agreed. (Better NOT be Storm)

Anopticblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was actually much better than I anticipated.

This is essentially how the fight should go for the most part.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect that despite the best efforts of the Xmen they will be unable to stop the poisoning of the atmosphere and in the end it will be Inhumans who find a way to save them.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who laughed at Beast when he got shocked by Storm? That was everything. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That was CC Storm, not the passive doombot that Lemire is writing.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

If the Inhumans somehow pull off a 'we could have avoided this', I am avoiding the internet for a few days.

Still since most of them are off in space after this event, I feel the Mutants will have some measure of win, more than AvX gave them.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good start, but I'm surprised they didn't bring Cable in on their plan. A military strategist who took down the Avengers by himself with access to future tech would have been a smart move.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ such a horrible book

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frankly, I do think it was a decent issue, but I'm tired of heroes vs heroes. Marvel are out of ideas.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@materiel said:

It was much, much better than I could have anticipated.

YES!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

Who laughed at Beast when he got shocked by Storm? That was everything. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I would have too!! HAhahahaa!
    Beast has had that coming since AvX.

That part and Dazzler vs Black Bolt were the best parts!
    FINALLY A PERFECT X-ISSUE!

No Caption Provided
    Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Frankly, I do think it was a decent issue, but I'm tired of heroes vs heroes. Marvel are out of ideas.

Can't argue with that. They seem to have trouble making new and compelling villains, though.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found two things to be interesting.

1. Strong Guy is there. I'm surprised they remembered him at all.

2. Emma mentioned that Karnak more than likely deduced that the cloud would eventually be unable to be contained and would eventually spread. If that's true then it means the Inhumans knew all along that Mutants had some kind of time limit. Pretty messed up.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who thinks it was stupid of Medusa to say if the X-Men won't talk with her, she and Human Torch will fight them? I thought that was hilarious because of Storm, Magik, Iceman, Cerbera, etc. soloing them. Not trying to make Medusa or Human Torch sound like a loser or anything.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthphoenix

Cant wait for the next issue. The new x-trinity rocks! Mags, emma and storm! Love how they took down the inhumans

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 marvelfan1992  Online

they should have let the cuckoos deal with Karnak so that Jean could have gone with the main battle force. She is probably their most powerful member with magneto and storm, would have made more sense to have her with them at New Atillan. Overall, seemed like a really good issue though. Just hoping that the x-men won't job. I will have a fit if they lose to hair...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adamTRMM

The villains always prevail in the beginning, it's a known trope.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait for the next issue. The new x-trinity rocks! Mags, emma and storm! Love how they took down the inhumans

Oh God Yess! Can that actually be a thing? I'm allllllll for it.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should have let the cuckoos deal with Karnak so that Jean could have gone with the main battle force. She is probably their most powerful member with magneto and storm, would have made more sense to have her with them at New Atillan. Overall, seemed like a really good issue though. Just hoping that the x-men won't job. I will have a fit if they lose to hair...

ME TOO! But I'm celebrating for the moment! X-men cleaned house!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darthphoenix

Still smiling. X-hangover. Haven't felt this for ages. Thanks a lot MARVEL!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batvibe12 said:

I would have too!! HAhahahaa!

Beast has had that coming since AvX.

That part and Dazzler vs Black Bolt were the best parts!

FINALLY A PERFECT X-ISSUE!

No Caption Provided

Loved it. I especially liked how Storm handled Beast. I noticed how no one else made a move to stop him because they all figured out what this uber genius would do and when Storm tazed him, it seemed to be by mutual agreement. Anyway, he deserved it.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: True. Although based on Emma's conversation with the O4, it is likely assumed to be her idea, especially considering her knowledge in psionics. Also, based on Karnak's conversation with Jean, it can be assumed that his powers ghghive him the ability to eventually break from mindrape. If such is the case, it would make sense to use Jean rather because she is much more powerful than all three together and she has telekinesis that can deal with his pressure point abilities, rather than Karnak finding the weak points of their diamond forms. (Yes, I know they are said to be flawless enough to contain a Phoenix shard, but those pieces eventually escaped, givinthe impression that the Phoenix fractured the forms somehow or that their diamond forms aren't perfect, but better than Emma's)

@jaunjisto: Assuming they asked and he told them. Until that is confirmed, we can only assume Karnak knew quite well how it would go. Noing else.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is getting silly. they have to make both the inhumans and the x-men act way out of character to make this a thing. they have fought side by side and now all of a sudden they don't trust each other. I am getting real sick of this hero vs hero crap.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men all the way baby. Wew ladz.
    (Although, I do have this feeling that Marvel is still setting up the X-Men to be the villains. It can't be that simple and I feel like some PIS is gonna happen that causes X-Men downfall. Ex. Crystal starts stomping Storm or Medusa strangles Magneto. <-- These are bizarre claims but I got a feeling some crap is gonna happen. Like what they did with Madrox.)

candy_cindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: In Uncanny X-men #16 Tie In The Cuckoos are with Jean, So basically Its Jean & The Cuckoos VS Karnak.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who thinks it was stupid of Medusa to say if the X-Men won't talk with her, she and Human Torch will fight them? I thought that was hilarious because of Storm, Magik, Iceman, Cerbera, etc. soloing them. Not trying to make Medusa or Human Torch sound like a loser or anything.

No You speak the truth. Look at the Nature of their powers vs what the X-men can do.........REALLY? Medusa? You think you can take on any of them??? I can pick any X-man and i'd guarantee they would stomp Medusa.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 marvelfan1992  Online

@pyrofn said:

@marvelfan1992: True. Although based on Emma's conversation with the O4, it is likely assumed to be her idea, especially considering her knowledge in psionics. Also, based on Karnak's conversation with Jean, it can be assumed that his powers ghghive him the ability to eventually break from mindrape. If such is the case, it would make sense to use Jean rather because she is much more powerful than all three together and she has telekinesis that can deal with his pressure point abilities, rather than Karnak finding the weak points of their diamond forms. (Yes, I know they are said to be flawless enough to contain a Phoenix shard, but those pieces eventually escaped, givinthe impression that the Phoenix fractured the forms somehow or that their diamond forms aren't perfect, but better than Emma's)

@jaunjisto: Assuming they asked and he told them. Until that is confirmed, we can only assume Karnak knew quite well how it would go. Noing else.

@marvelfan1992: In Uncanny X-men #16 Tie In The Cuckoos are with Jean, So basically Its Jean & The Cuckoos VS Karnak.

Is this Karnak dude really that powerful to warrant jean + cuckoos go after him? The 4 of them together are more powerful than any single telepath on earth. I get how dangerous he is to their plan/war but is he really that good in a fight? I'm not asking this in a joking/sarcastic way though, im legitimately curious how powerful this guy is haha I know nothing of him aside from what was explained in this preview and IvX 1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By Lvenger

I'm still confused as to why no on in the Marvel Universe, Inhuman, mutant or superhero community could come up with a solution that would benefit both Inhumans and mutants. But nope we have to have all out war between two species where one is glorified and one is villified.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By poisonfleur

@lvenger said:

I'm still confused as to why no on in the Marvel Universe, Inhuman, mutant or superhero community could come up with a solution that would benefit both Inhumans and mutants. But nope we have to have all out war between two species where one is glorified and one is villified.

Here are what the different factions are up to...

1) Beast is useless in every conflict. And always ends up being on the wrong team.

2) The Inhumans love their cloud. And wouldn't care if it killed all the mutants.

3) The Avengers don't care and secretly hate & envy the X-men. (The X-men needed a billion dollars worth of Disney investment to compete with the X-men. lol)

4) Emma and Cyclops destroyed one cloud.

5) Storm and Forge created a machine to remove the toxins from the other cloud. However the machine still has to be tested.

6) The Fantastic Four are finished.

7) The Gaurdians of the Galaxy are just landed on earth with Kitty.

8) Doctor Strange and the other magic-users are struggling to keep magic in Marvel Universe alive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: He's on par with most street level heroes like Daredevil and Cap, though he always gets knocked out by Black Panther. His ability to see flaws is very inconsistent. Sometimes it's little more than something he uses in battle, and sometimes it's a straight up plot device.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, the Stepford Cuckoos are going to be with Jean to take down Karnak. What sorcery is this? Karnak may get some brain damage or die after a confrontation with this group of powerful telepaths.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 marvelfan1992  Online

@sprior93 said:

@marvelfan1992: He's on par with most street level heroes like Daredevil and Cap, though he always gets knocked out by Black Panther. His ability to see flaws is very inconsistent. Sometimes it's little more than something he uses in battle, and sometimes it's a straight up plot device.

does this really warrant jean + the cuckoos?! Seems like overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one thing I hated was when Beast (furry) was afraid of the Inhumans, especially Black Bolt and Medusa. First of all, Black Bolt can be taken down by Storm, Jean Grey, Illyana, Iceman, Magneto, Stepford Cuckoos, Dazzler, Legion, Cable, maybe even Nightcrawler if he was to use strategy first. And the fake Queen known as Medusa can only take down...uh...let's see...I think there is a mutant...can someone find a mutant that lady big hair can take down because I can name not even one? My point is, why is Beast is scared of a species that at least has 3 or 4 powerhouses in it. It kinda makes no sense.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 marvelfan1992  Online

@batvibe12: because the Inhumans have the writers/plot on their side LUL

Gpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for the next issue when every X-character becomes a jobber and get's taken out by Medusa.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: No, just Jean, or Emma, but she had her own plans. He has precognition and hand-to-hand combat whose style focus on the pressure points of his enemies. He also can detect weak POI's in a persons line of thinking, making his enemies unpredictable sometimes. (That is what I got after looking him up online. :P) Anyways, Jean has more raw power than the cuckoos and during the middle of the all-new X-Men run, she started training with Emma. Now, she is in college and has produced Jean-like feats, such as getting through shielding with her telepathy in extraordinary annual and Kicking Psylocke out rather forcefully in Civil War. (Not saying she could beat Psylocke, nor am I saying that Psylocke fought back. Back then though, she couldn't even detect the cuckoos scanning her thoughts.)

Ljtillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'm still confused as to why no on in the Marvel Universe, Inhuman, mutant or superhero community could come up with a solution that would benefit both Inhumans and mutants. But nope we have to have all out war between two species where one is glorified and one is vilified.

Because there isn't one that anyone actually worried about problem can find. I've thought of a few solutions myself, but I can't see both parties agreeing on any of them. Check it.

1. Build some device to vacuum and contain the cloud. The Inhumans could have done that themselves, but I'm guessing they're either that incompetent or they don't want to. I don't know why the Mutants never considered this, though.

2. Mutants leave Earth. They already agreed against leaving.

3. Find a cure or some waay for mutants to survive the Terrigen. Beast has had 8 months to try with no success, and the cloud will spread over the Earth in two weeks from the events of Issue 1. Even if he has a breakthrough, there's no way it can be produced and distributed in that time frame.

Also, the mutants are desparate. They either abandon their home or die out. They have a lot more to lose if the cloud is free, so it makes sense for them to want to fight. The Inhumans have less to lose if it's destroyed (As Old Man Logan said, who cares if they don't have any more superpowered Inhumans?), but they worship the cloud so much they'd rather let mutantkind suffer if it lets the Terrigen roam free. So war is pretty much the only option either party can accept at this point.

Lyonnaise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'm still confused as to why no on in the Marvel Universe, Inhuman, mutant or superhero community could come up with a solution that would benefit both Inhumans and mutants. But nope we have to have all out war between two species where one is glorified and one is vilified.

Because there isn't one that anyone actually worried about problem can find. I've thought of a few solutions myself, but I can't see both parties agreeing on any of them. Check it.

1. Build some device to vacuum and contain the cloud. The Inhumans could have done that themselves, but I'm guessing they're either that incompetent or they don't want to. I don't know why the Mutants never considered this, though.

2. Mutants leave Earth. They already agreed against leaving.

3. Find a cure or some waay for mutants to survive the Terrigen. Beast has had 8 months to try with no success, and the cloud will spread over the Earth in two weeks from the events of Issue 1. Even if he has a breakthrough, there's no way it can be produced and distributed in that time frame.

Also, the mutants are desparate. They either abandon their home or die out. They have a lot more to lose if the cloud is free, so it makes sense for them to want to fight. The Inhumans have less to lose if it's destroyed (As Old Man Logan said, who cares if they don't have any more superpowered Inhumans?), but they worship the cloud so much they'd rather let mutantkind suffer if it lets the Terrigen roam free. So war is pretty much the only option either party can accept at this point.

Straighten me out too because I'm still confused. All I have is corrupted surface knowledge of the teams, but isn't this a reversal of situations? Didn't Inhumans have a problem breathing what they considered polluted air and lived in a dome? Didn't they move to the moon? Is this too good for mutants? I didn't see Magneto having a problem leaving when he divorced the Earth for Hotel Asteroid M and wanted every mutant of choice to check in.

They can't move in with Mole Man and form a deeper Morlock society? Atlanteans? Wear protective suits? How many mutants already live this way?

How many mutants have healing factors that can tolerate this? How many mutants don't breathe, don't have bodies that can react chemically to the mist, or don't have to exist physically? How many mutants have the power to take on the physical characteristics of Inhumans? Any mutants that can just go back in time to escape this or make their own reality? It just seems this isn't a problem for every mutant. There'd be plenty left.

Ljtillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ljtillman

@lyonnaise: Honestly, my knowledge is limited too. From what I know, mutants could try hiding, but there's no telling how effective it would be, and they don't want to live like that. Healers can stave off the disease temporarily, but there aren't many of them. Not sure how well healing factors work, and there's no guarantee mutants who don't breathe won't be affected. And you're right about some mutants surviving; that's always a possibility. But there's one more catch I forgot to mention: the Terrigen has sterilized every mutant, so even if there are survivors after the Terrigen spreads across the Earth, no new mutant births=eventual extinction. They either go out now or later, but it will happen as long as the cloud exists.

Storcks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If storm loses to medusa that would be extremely bad storytelling. The X-men led by a weather controling mutant called Storm is threathened by a weather event (cloud). That is allready bad storytelling. If than that lightning shooting woman loses to bighair girl Medusa, arch..

She should allways one-second beat her. Hair conducts electricity and electricution should allways be Medusas fate in a Medusa Storm battle.

Lyonnaise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ljtillman: That just feels like a setup for another Second Coming. Also getting that Children of Men vibe (movie). Oh. Idea.

At some point, mutants birthing mutants isn't mutation. That's just surviving long enough to become a norm. Humans make more mutants, and eventually mutants capable of undergoing terrigenesis would show.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't you guys afraid that x-men gold might not even live on earth after ivx? Rachel looks like a space cheerleader and leadership is given to kitty who basically lives in outer space.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was already revealed they will make their home in Central Park, NYC.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.