If the X-men come back to Disney/Marvel are the Inhumans over?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So... Many believe the Inhumans TRIED to replace the X-men in Marvel. Now that (the Fantastic Four are back and) the X-men are likely to return to Marvel in the next couple years. Does this mean Marvel is done thrusting the Inhumans in our face? Will they go back to fading into obscurity and randomly go back to being side characters?

Because the Inhumans had a larger role in Marvel events as of late.

I imagine their tv show is finished too right? No revival for them. (I'm not complaining.)

Where the Inhumans only use to Marvel/Disney was to replace the X-men?

And will we see the X-men take over the roles that were taken from them by the Inhumans? Thoughts on what happens next?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It was rather obvious that Marvel was trying to replace X-Men with Inhumans, they tried and they failed hard, add to that the horrible TV show which makes the matters worse and well you can basically say they are back to being side characters, but personally i like Karnak, Maximus and Black Bolt (read his recent solo series, decent stuff i might say), these ones can stay, the rest can go to obscurity.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BullPR

I used to like the Inhumans

I stopped because of Marvel attitude (Fox, X-Men etc...)

I have no idea when I will be ready to read an Inhumans storie again.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AbstractRaze

I do believe in Cable, an iconic X-Men unit who possibly could unite both universes, who knows.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot depends on if Agents of Shield gets renewed (still not confirmed). Inhumans play a large role in that show and it's possible that ABC (Disney) will give Inhuman's a season two as a compliment to AoS (much like they did for Agent Carter).

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhumans were over the second Feige ditched them. I guess he already knew about the fox/Disney talk.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah Inhumans are done.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: He didn’t. Apparently, he difn’t find out until the deal was publicly accounced.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With ANY luck.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it worth watching?

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam said:

Is it worth watching?

The Inhuman TV series? No, the whole show was a steaming pile of dog poop.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhumans are interesting imo, and have a lot of potential as well. They will lose their spotlight for sure, but I think this will improve the story quality. Like Wakanda, or Asgarr, they could have self-contained stories and worldbuilding.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: huhh no, what kind of question is this? They tried to push the inhumans through war of Kings and inhumans vs x-men,even with the xmen there they attempted to push the inhumans.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AbstractRaze

@the_living_tribunal_24: conspiracy? Where is the conspirative part?

It's just a mere theory, considering Disney bought Fox, at least it has a rational foundation on the matter, since all those Fox marvel movies, belongs now to Disney.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe not over over, but they won't be seen for a good while.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

The Inhumans should have never been a tv show on it's own.

It should have been incorporated into Agents of Shield. Perhaps with the whole thing about Lash hunting unworthy Inhumans or even having the genetic council or whatever involved in kidnapping Daisy or something to study, experiment or find out why she suddenly is one of them and calling attention to an otherwise hidden society. Or maybe they could have sought to subjugate all Inhumans under the rule of the royal family and that causes a problem for those that want freedom.

And then it's like they had a show about people with powers and abilities but no one used their powers and abilities.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I think the Inhumans will be pushed to the side for awhile to make way for the X-Men, but I don't see Marvel trying to get rid of them for good. I think that they will put the Inhumans on break for awhile, just like they did for the Fantastic Four, until they can find a decent story for them in the future.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inhumans will hopefully go back to their society on the moon, which is where they work best. I much preferred them dealing with the Kree than dealing with bigoted humans, because it just doesn't work for them. The MCU definitely will have a problem fixing the blatant anti-mutant workarounds they've used more than once, but hopefully they can at least do this right.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Inhumans will be pushed to the side for awhile to make way for the X-Men, but I don't see Marvel trying to get rid of them for good. I think that they will put the Inhumans on break for awhile, just like they did for the Fantastic Four, until they can find a decent story for them in the future.

This. I think Marvel still sees potential for the Inhumans and will keep them (and but hopefully keep them away from X-Men as far as major events are concerned).

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Death of the Inhumans.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were done regardless of fox. Not only was the show a colossal failure, during the big push, the X-men's worst book was doing better than the inhumans best book

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

News also broke that the actor playing Black Bolt on the Inhumans Tv show is heading over to Star Trek... so there's that for the show. Whoop...LOL

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By njchrispatrick

@poisonfleur: Marvel was probably just afraid to commit to the cancellation because they felt such pressure to use them. How did the show even end? The movies might be fine but it'll be tricky to reference mutants in a world where they've already run the Inhumans as their copy.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want them to stay dead
I want them to stay dead

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

The Inhumans aren´t at fault that Marvel didn´t use the characters correctly. We even got some decent stories out of it all, still I think that they should go to limbo for a couple of years until the stench goes off.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inhumans should have never have gotten that heavy a push in the first place. They just aren’t that well developed or interesting.

For example, they have a woman who has super hair named Medusa and a bulldog who teleports named Lockjaw as core characters. Obviously they need a lot of love and work to make them ready for prime time.

Pushing them was a dumb idea.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Inhumans has been over ever since the horrific T.V. show Marvel created.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: It's funny that you use her as a reference, as Medusa was one of the few Inhumans who I always felt worked well. I mean if the X-Men can make Beak work I think anything is possible. It's just that they took away what made the Inhumans unique, which was the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.