Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How lethal is Rogue's absorption power?

BurnBabyBurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BurnBabyBurn

I understand that she could kill many humans and beings, but I also know that she has limits. There are those people, such as Juggernaut, whom she cannot functionally absorb. However, what about people with healing factors such as Hulk, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc.? Could she kill them permanently if she held on to them for a long period of time or would they "resurrect" because of the possible return of their overpowered healing factors as there would probably be some essence of them?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't think she can hang on too long. Eventually she will get flooded with too much of that person's psyche and it could imprint on her-- like Ms.Marvel. I could be wrong tho.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PyroFN

It really depends on the will to on how much she can control and whether the psyche keeps fighting for control.

The thing about Rogues powers is it really depends on shown long she can hang on. In most instances she can, because her touch seemingly has a stunning affect, followed by a draining affect, making the foe weaker and weaker, to the point where they can't fight back, period.

Healing Factors- Yes she can kill them permanently because she is effectively draining both their life force and powers, leaving nothing behind until she let's go, or stops it if she is full control. And again, it depends on how long she holds on to them to determine whether they come back or not. If she completely drains them of their life, they can't come back without some plot-device to bring them back. This is because her powers are completely thorough in sapping her opponent and the abilities won't go back to the target if she holds on long enough, like Ms.Marvel, Sunfire, and Wonder Man. In fact, she can keep the abilities period if they are simply on the brink of death. If I'm not correct someone please correct me.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With characters like Wolverine it has been more implied that she was afraid of steeling their consciousness permanently, like she did with Carol, than killing them.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rouge's power is very lethal but it all depends on how long the touch. If a person's psyche is too great, Rouge will most likely stop absorbing a person's life force because of that. But, I think she's more controllable with her life-force absorption abilities so she doesn't have to kiss a person and not nearly kill them, I'm talking to you Gambit.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouge's power is very lethal but it all depends on how long the touch. If a person's psyche is too great, Rouge will most likely stop absorbing a person's life force because of that. But, I think she's more controllable with her life-force absorption abilities so she doesn't have to kiss a person and not nearly kill them, I'm talking to you Gambit.

Pretty Much This.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was able to absorb she hulk, wonderman and thor's powers.

Not sure who's power is more effective, hers or hope's?

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has she ever killed anybody directly like this. I remember the worst thing happening to a human and a superhuman she held on to being put in a coma, not death. I thought her power was only lethal when she was carrying strain 88, that baby Hope cured her of.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has she ever killed anybody directly like this. I remember the worst thing happening to a human and a superhuman she held on to being put in a coma, not death. I thought her power was only lethal when she was carrying strain 88, that baby Hope cured her of.

Sunfire?

Well, he was near death anyway. And him being so close to death led to her permanently keeping his powers until his resurrection.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.