Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

House of X and Powers of X discussion

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

Ribbed gloves and seams are "practical" now. The brown suit was the only good thing about his comeback and these idiots had to ruin even that!

I think the "ribbed" gloves are supposed to buckles or something like that, so they just don't look like big brown rubber gloves for dish washing like they used to.

And who are you referring to when you say "idiot"?? Most people involved with this story are some of the most talented people the X-books have had in a while.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

I think the "ribbed" gloves are supposed to buckles or something like that, so they just don't look like big brown rubber gloves for dish washing like they used to.

So the new gloves need buckles... making them less practical than the old gloves... in addition to being bulky and butt ugly.

And who are you referring to when you say "idiot"?? Most people involved with this story are some of the most talented people the X-books have had in a while.

I'm obviously referring to however decided it would be a good idea to change that design, who came up with the new one and who allowed that crap to be published. Obviously!

Also, if this is what passes for talent in the x-books, they're in deep, deep trouble.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

@cattlebattle:

So the new gloves need buckles... making them less practical than the old gloves... in addition to being bulky and butt ugly.

Well yeah, having straps on your gloves would help them stay on, like how boxing gloves or the gloves they wear in mixed martial arts have straps on the wrist, so, they are more practical, to use the word loosely.

@jota23 said:

I'm obviously referring to however decided it would be a good idea to change that design, who came up with the new one and who allowed that crap to be published. Obviously!

Also, if this is what passes for talent in the x-books, they're in deep, deep trouble.

LOL. Okay.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

@cattlebattle:

Well yeah, having straps on your gloves would help them stay on, like how boxing gloves or the gloves they wear in mixed martial arts have straps on the wrist, so, they are more practical, to use the word loosely.

Those types of gloves end at the wrist. That's why they need straps. Logan's gloves go up almost to his elbows. They're not just going to come off. Hell the most impractical thing about them is that they're probably hard to take out.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

Those types of gloves end at the wrist. That's why they need straps. Logan's gloves go up almost to his elbows. They're not just going to come off. Hell the most impractical thing about them is that they're probably hard to take out.

I don't know what to tell you, man, when they have redesigned super hero costumes in the past, particularly characters who have some sort of long, wrist covering gloves, they usually give them some sort of adornment to make them look more functional....like straps or buckles or some crap. They've done it with movie Captain America's costume, they've done with Batman costumes, they've even done it with Wolverine before with his X-force costume.. I am sorry you are so unsettled by this.

No Caption Provided

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

I don't know what to tell you, man, when they have redesigned super hero costumes in the past, particularly characters who have some sort of long, wrist covering gloves, they usually give them some sort of adornment to make them look more functional....like straps or buckles or some crap. They've done it with movie Captain America's costume, they've done with Batman costumes, they've even done it with Wolverine before with his X-force costume.. I am sorry you are so unsettled by this.

No Caption Provided

Fun Fact:

Marvel colourist Marte Garcia posted on his instagram what could possibly be an earlier version of the House of X issue 1 cover. It clearly shows Wolverine in his X-Force coloured costume. So perhaps the initial intent was for him to be wearing that on the cover, but they changed their minds before the announcement and recoloured it. Thus the X-Force style gloves remain.

No Caption Provided

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

No Caption Provided

But, most of the time, those adornments don't make the costume look more functional. They just make it look overly busy and clunky, with straps and buckles that seem to have no function.

Or it makes it look like the artist is embarrassed of drawing a superhero costume. Like when Cassaday came up with his horrific version of the yellow costume and was arguing that it had seams so it wasn't spandex. I remember thinking: "It's yellow! The dude looks like a bad Pikachu cosplayer and you're talking about seams? What's wrong with you?"

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @jota23 said:

No Caption Provided

Fun Fact:

Marvel colourist Marte Garcia posted on his instagram what could possibly be an earlier version of the House of X issue 1 cover. It clearly shows Wolverine in his X-Force coloured costume. So perhaps the initial intent was for him to be wearing that on the cover, but they changed their minds before the announcement and recoloured it. Thus the X-Force style gloves remain.

No Caption Provided

Oh my God! It's a palette swap of the X-Force costume. I thought it was just a bad update of the brown costume but this is pathetic! If you're gonna have no creativity, why not just stick with the original brown costume?

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:
    @slimlim said:

Fun Fact:

No Caption Provided

Oh my God! It's a palette swap of the X-Force costume. I thought it was just a bad update of the brown costume but this is pathetic! If you're gonna have no creativity, why not just stick with the original brown costume?

Well... to be fair i don't think they did it on purpose. Likely they wanted to go with the X-Force costume at first. So it was illustrated with that intent. But when it was eventually decided they favoured the brown, its a lot more efficient to just colour swap rather than get Pepe Larraz to redraw Wolverine.

For the HOX issue 3 cover, you can see that Wolverine has a different glove design again with what looks to be only a single "rib" on it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:
    @jota23 said:

Well... to be fair i don't think they did it on purpose. Likely they wanted to go with the X-Force costume at first. So it was illustrated with that intent. But when it was eventually decided they favoured the brown, its a lot more efficient to just colour swap rather than get Pepe Larraz to redraw Wolverine.

For the HOX issue 3 cover, you can see that Wolverine has a different glove design again with what looks to be only a single "rib" on it.

Hmm...interesting.

KangMiRae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're gonna use WORLD and Krakoa to create a new planet for mutants to live on.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope not.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

@jota23 said:
    @slimlim said:

Fun Fact:

No Caption Provided

They could have this decided before the cover was drawn, but I guess basic competence is to much to ask for the x-office editors.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

New variants for HoX #1.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those flowers are pretty. Not that I’m surprised about a #1 having so many variants, but wow that are a lot of variants.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@pyrofn said:

Those flowers are pretty. Not that I’m surprised about a #1 having so many variants, but wow that are a lot of variants.

And you can bet more variants are still to come.

Black Cat 1 has over 40 variants, and this is a special X-Men book, there will be tons more. TONS!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops' new costume is kinda meh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Cyclops' new costume is kinda meh.

His costumes have always been meh.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal:

True.

I think they should remove the condom head. Use the 90s mask with the open hair, it will instantly make any costume look better IMO.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By TheInsufferable

@adamtrmm said:

@mrnihal:

True.

I think they should remove the condom head. Use the 90s mask with the open hair, it will instantly make any costume look better IMO.

Or maybe even remove the mask altogether and stick to a visor only appearance. Masks are usually intended to keep the identity a secret. His identity has been public for quite a while (if HoX doesn't plan to change that).

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By slimlim

@adamtrmm said:

@mrnihal:

True.

Or maybe even remove the mask altogether and stick to a visor only appearance. Masks are usually intended to keep the identity a secret. His identity has been public for quite a while (if HoX doesn't plan to change that).

I actually liked the Bachalo design. So i like seeing it back, but with a "fresh coat of paint" to reflect his changed attitude. As for 90s hair or head condom... i'm fine with either. Kids who grew up with the cartoon as their entry-point into the X-Men will probably have a preference for it. But Cyclops has had more looks with his head covered. The hair might be his most exposed look (no pun intended), but head condom can be considered the more iconic. What i don't like, are the ear cups. Grant Morrison's X-Men ditched them, and they should have stayed gone in my opinion. Sure, theres the practical issue with how his visor stays on his face without them. but c'mon... its comics. no explanation required.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these covers are really awesome looking!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#178 god_spawn  Moderator

I like the new outfit. I still think it takes heavy inspiration from revolution and astonishing era (my favorite costumes) and works well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Is the guy with metal ball helmet supposed to be Xavier?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new outfit. I still think it takes heavy inspiration from revolution and astonishing era (my favorite costumes) and works well.

at first i liked scott new outfit cause it looked like the one from bendis but painted light blue, dark blue

No Caption Provided

now it reminds me of this haha

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @ashetdust: @mrnihal: @pyrofn@koays my take on fun or funny

haha hahahahahaha ha ha

No Caption Provided

magneto is supposed to say(sorry its blurry) : "Well, Well, Well......The X-Men send me a Representative and its Frickin Nightcrawler?!?!? WTF???

(my theory is magneto doesnt want to leave earth then the x-men fight him and drag his butt to mars or whatever they ,ove too hahahaha )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@mrnihal said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Whatever magneto is ripped.

WTH!!!!

Magneto has always been one of those really ripped old guys. That's why he's capable of landing young hotties like Rogue.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Hahahaha! So completely random!

ty ty :D :)

@ursaber said:
    @mrnihal said:

WTH!!!!

Magneto has always been one of those really ripped old guys. That's why he's capable of landing young hotties like Rogue.

plus magneto is very very intelligent (im also attracted to smart guys)

Also weird magneto is wearing his white/black outfit from bendis run..........i guess artist are tired of drawing him in his classic purple/red haha

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Okay, seven I gotta admit that the “First one to call me Emma” line killed me.

:D :D XD

something to hold us off till july ..........did u see, marvel is going to give comicbook stores "a free preview book"(small preview pages) based on house of x/PoX a week early before it comes out ???? i dont know why marvel is being so secretive over hickman's x-men

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust said:

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Hahahaha! So completely random!

ty ty :D :)

@ursaber said:
    @mrnihal said:

WTH!!!!

plus magneto is very very intelligent (im also attracted to smart guys)

Also weird magneto is wearing his white/black outfit from bendis run..........i guess artist are tired of drawing him in his classic purple/red haha

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Okay, seven I gotta admit that the “First one to call me Emma” line killed me.

:D :D XD

something to hold us off till july ..........did u see, marvel is going to give comicbook stores "a free preview book"(small preview pages) based on house of x/PoX a week early before it comes out ???? i dont know why marvel is being so secretive over hickman's x-men

Because "the Marvel Universe will never be the same again"! LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

Because "the Marvel Universe will never be the same again"! LOL

And their lives will change forever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

at first i liked scott new outfit cause it looked like the one from bendis but painted light blue, dark blue

No Caption Provided

Where is this from?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times has the Marvel Universe never been the same again, again?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:
    @god_spawn said:

No Caption Provided

Where is this from?

all-new x-men vol 1 (near the end of the run) by bendis

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@mrnihal: @pyrofn@koays first where had koays been? never heard from him in a while !!!! Second this page reminds me of me as hope, havok as koays and pyrofn as Cap LOL haha ha ha ha ha

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Koays  Online

@hopesummersforthefuture: such intelligent and insightful post.....why would Koays not be here everyday to absorb this and experience it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

why would Koays not be here everyday to absorb this and experience it.

I believe he's busy debating who would win a fight between drawings in other threads. :D

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Koays  Online
    Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: omds is that gabe to the right of jean

how many times to i have to tell u ppl..........that promo photo's description is "the past, present and future" x-men characters, not all of them will be in the actually book.........just promo pic

@koays said:

why would Koays not be here everyday to absorb this and experience it.

I believe he's busy debating who would win a fight between drawings in other threads. :D

now if i can only get him banned for the other thread then he has to spend more time with me .....errr this thread haha ha ha haha >:P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.