House of X and Powers of X discussion

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So x1 is life 10, x100 is life 9 and x1,000 is life 6. So complicated yet I love it

Thor_Parker82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Great finale, I have a few questions:

• How did Moira and Logan stayed alive for one thousand years ??
  • What exactly was what Moira never saw as the real enemy for mutants ? Super humans ?
  • So even after seeing and knowing all she learned from Life 6, she still failed to prevent the creation of Nimrod once again in life 9 ?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I understand it, the future of Moira's tenth life is uncertain, so mutants have a chance of not getting extinct.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958  Edited By OtaconMGS
WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: As I understand it, it is:

Year 1 - 10, Tenth Life

Year 100, ninth life

Year 1000, sixth life

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: I think it's part of her mutation, resurrection and slow aging just like Logan.

Thor_Parker82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@otaconmgs: I think it's part of her mutation, resurrection and slow aging just like Logan.

I know Logan has slow aging, but is he really supposed to be able to live THAT long ? As for Moira, there's never been any indication she has slow aging.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm  Online

@thor_parker82: Well, maybe slow aging was a second mutation developed by Moira, after all it was 1000 years, and it is normal for some mutants to develop the second mutation, and we also never suspect that Moira is a mutant, so I'm not surprised.

But what makes me curious is that it allowed them both to live for a long time, I even imagined a comparison between Old Man Logan and Moira's Sixth Life Logan, it had been only 50 years since the villains won and Logan was very old while this Logan hasn't changed almost anything over 1000 years LoL

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great finale, I have a few questions:

• How did Moira and Logan stayed alive for one thousand years ??
  • What exactly was what Moira never saw as the real enemy for mutants ? Super humans ?
  • So even after seeing and knowing all she learned from Life 6, she still failed to prevent the creation of Nimrod once again in life 9 ?

Moira prolonged her life by getting blood transfusions from Logan. To quote the Librarian, "You've done well... surviving. Fortunately you two have the same blood type..." A bit too convenient? Perhaps. But thats what it seems to be.

The "real enemy" refers to humans evolving themselves faster than humans. Previously she was focused on just the Sentinels, Nimrod, etc.

As for her 9th life. From what we've been presented, I don't think she was equipped with enough information from her 6th - 8th lives to know how to prevent Nimrod's creation. It was only in partnering with Apocalypse that she and the rest of the X-Men were capable of attaining the knowledge of Nimrod's creation (when he "came online")

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965  Edited By The_Kidd

Does this imply Moira and Charles created Legion and Proteus intentionally?

No Caption Provided

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim: excellent point about the same blood type. Hickman doesn’t say things for no reason, maybe she did get slow aging from Logan

Reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967 Reactor  Online

I'm... not sure how I feel about this ending

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Disagree. Some things need to be clarified from the past.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@pyrofn: theres no shortage of stories clarifying/revisiting or retconning past events. We don't need to go back to Jean's first encounters with Phoenix and subsequent Dark Phoenix moments. Focusing on new stories and the future like the best is still yet to come is what we should strive for.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

Okay so we agree?? I mean, we agree except for GLMK being good. I hate that book. "Let's have a story where we teach not to stereotype people by stereotyping people"

You said it sucks as if it sucks in any form. I explained why I don't think so. What people were stereotyped you felt? Christian zealots? It's ok to me. There are zealots in all human cultures and ethnicity. What could've been done differently?

I never said it was bad I just dislike how blatant it is in connection to a real world event. Apartheid and other things comics try to parallel are far more complicated then "x people are not being fair to y people, so naturally x people = evil" I feel like super hero comics, and the impact they have had on society over the past couple of decades are yet another reason why the west is so unabashedly far left almost to the point of suicide. Because comics people grew up with and still read deliver these shitty liberal morality plays about situations that have far more depth to them than simply "good vs evil".

Hm, I remember Magneto even working with one of the human leaders of Genosha when they sought a kind of truce or cease-fire to stabilize things. Pretty reflective and far more diplomatic for Magneto lol

And yet comics code did forbade homosexuality then. Most of it just guilt and overcompensation I feel. Anyway, it's more complicated than that. Superheroes are just the most blatant example because of how exaggerated the narratives can be. I would claim it's a broader addiction of fictionalization of reality. To sell a point, it must be there. That's how media works now. So if there's no point, and shit is random, like most of existence is, media invents these connections because fiction is easier to consume and comprehend than chaotic reality. Then we lost track of narratives and we've got to where we are. The reality has been hijacked by fictionalization. What was that famous quote from Tom Clancy? "The difference between fiction and reality is that the former must make sense." And now it's everywhere... age of total fabrication, disinformation and radicalization.

-comment redacted-

That damn censorship tho.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I will post my final brainstorm thread to discuss everything in detail. It's too much for here.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story is intriguing. However, all the characters are off it seems almost like an else worlds story.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @ursaber: @adamtrmm: @christianrapper: I like to know dose this new x-men effect the others like Avengers, Fantastic Four or other heroes ? what I mean is what if captain america died would professor x bring him back or just let him die because he is not a mutant and can mutates like deadpool, hulk or spider-man become a citizen of krakao

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs:

It was hinted we will see their reactions because they too received Xavier's message.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#979 cattlebattle  Online

Final thoughts on Hox/Pox.....I was sort of disappointed.

I thought Hickman would sort of change the status quo in a way, which he kind of did, but, I had more hope that he would resolve the mutant vs human conflict finally as it makes less sense in the modern day as it ever did what with more actual superhumans and super powered villains floating around the Marvel U then there actually is mutants (not even including Inhumans and NuHumans). I had also sort of hoped for some new villains and threats. Oh well.

While there is lots to like about it I feel like you could nitpick it to death with weird inconsistencies in logic or continuity. It also feels like it's not completely finished which maybe an unfair argument due to it being a launching point for new material, though, Hickman will leave so his ideas may not follow through, so, I don't know how that will play out. I also thought the info dump pages were sort annoying, it's like Hickman had all these ideas with only a limited number of panels so he was forced o due these gigantic exposition pages with all this superfluous information that likely will mean nothing in like 2 years from now.

I always find a lot of rhapsodized writers seem to have questionable or lackluster work when it comes to the X-Men; Morrison, Brubaker, Ellis, now add Hickman to that list, I guess the franchise is a tough nut to crack.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Mutants are destined to fail............*sigh*. The X-Men can never get a win.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: @adamtrmm: @cattlebattle: @mooty_pass: i found this on moira at the marvel database under weaknesses limited reincarnation moira's reincarnation cycle is finite. when she encountered Destiny during her third life, she was informed that she would live tentatively only ten lives, or eleven at most. additionally, if moira were to die before her mutant power manifested at the age of thirteen, the reincarnation cycle would end.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: in Moira's previous 9 lives they were, in the tenth life the future of mutants is uncertain.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984 cattlebattle  Online

So, Mutants are destined to fail............*sigh*. The X-Men can never get a win.

There has been a future or two where the mutants aren't killed. Oddly enough, in said futures they have wound up doing exactly what humans feared they would do...which lends an interesting dynamic to their disposition.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: I understand that, but given what we know now. It seems like Mutantdom is always getting the shit end of the stick. But i'll wait and see you could be right.

@cattlebattle:Hmm, i'd like to see that one. Do you know the comic?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: I think he's talking about HOX # 1, when Moira's lives were being revised, there was one that Moira became an horseman of apocalypse and apparently they defeated humanity.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#987 cattlebattle  Online

@cattlebattle:Hmm, i'd like to see that one. Do you know the comic?

There is a New Mutants story where the team wind up in a future where the Hellfire Club, led by Sunspot, has control and mutants and superhumans force the humans to live in slums. It think it's issue 49 or so of the original series.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs:

I don’t understand why we are assuming the X-Men had a massive Orgy??? Like for real?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mooty_pass: I mean, Hickman did call the mass gathering an orgy.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#993  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@life_without_progress: I seen that. And also I read somewhere that Hickman and JDW made another statement that discredited that. And said it was a joke

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was done because there's actually a chunk of X-fans that obsess over sex far more than over good story.

Hixtrolling is on point with that one. It was left ambiguous for a reason.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find the Summer’s clan very creepy. For one, why isn’t Vulcan killing everyone and everything and two why does Scott think it’s okay to invite Wolverine, aka Mr. Stealyogirl to sleep just down the hall from his wife?

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh: It's creepier that Emma isn't even involved plus two of the empty rooms could be take up by Polaris and a 3rd time displaced child.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass:

Yes I did. But I can't find time to even properly discuss Hocus Pocus ending before I get into that...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.