House of X and Powers of X discussion

#601 Posted by PyroFN (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I never made any opinions about Hickman and you are only saying what you’re saying because Hickman has not given Scott and Jean their couple time that you oh so wished they have.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#602 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I never made any opinions about Hickman and you are only saying what you’re saying because Hickman has not given Scott and Jean their couple time that you oh so wished they have.

lol

its not like hickman is going to stick around............ we know after wave 1 is over, so is hickman(done with x-men)

thanked god its a short run lmao

also he made emma looks good while jean gets trashed???? no thank u hickman, also i am proud i dint buy this run yet, just like the horrible AoXM(didnt get it either lol)

at this point, i hope rosenberg comes back for wave 2 lol

#603 Posted by PyroFN (7200 posts) - - Show Bio
#604 Edited by iamre321 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: @koays: @marvelfan1992: @adamtrmm: @pyrofn@cattlebattle@ursaber

Anyone read the latest House of X?

I just feel like death doesn't really mean anything in comics any more... I mean do they really expect us to believe a bunch of main x-men characters all got killed in one issue even though they have a bunch of new x-men stuff planned? Not many character "deaths" that really shook me and feel meaningful especially recently. The more meaningful and significant ones back then I feel were; elektra, gwen stacy, Osborn, Jason todd... And then the more recent ones would be maybe Ares, Cap, Peter Parker. I feel like with Logan they hyped it up so much and it was cool but we all knew he was coming back in a year or two... with Cyclops in death of x I didn't even bat an eye.

Question how do you think they can make the deaths have more feel and significance?

Also can someone explain Moira's power to me? Does she create a new timeline every time she dies and is reborn?

Lol also I really like Monet's character but I find her and her backstory so confusing... First off what is her current codename, secondly what is her actual real first appearance? I bought Gen X 2 a while back but then I find out it wasn't really her? Just someone pretending to be her? What is her actual first appearance? The one that appears for the most stories later on.

#605 Posted by ursaber (10693 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@mooty_pass: @koays: @marvelfan1992: @adamtrmm: @pyrofn@cattlebattle@ursaber

I just feel like death doesn't really mean anything in comics any more... I mean do they really expect us to believe a bunch of main x-men characters all got killed in one issue even though they have a bunch of new x-men stuff planned? Not many character "deaths" that really shook me and feel meaningful especially recently. The more meaningful and significant ones back then I feel were; elektra, gwen stacy, Osborn, Jason todd... And then the more recent ones would be maybe Ares, Cap, Peter Parker. I feel like with Logan they hyped it up so much and it was cool but we all knew he was coming back in a year or two... with Cyclops in death of x I didn't even bat an eye.

Question how do you think they can make the deaths have more feel and significance?

Also can someone explain Moira's power to me? Does she create a new timeline every time she dies and is reborn?

Lol also I really like Monet's character but I find her and her backstory so confusing... First off what is her current codename, secondly what is her actual real first appearance? I bought Gen X 2 a while back but then I find out it wasn't really her? Just someone pretending to be her? What is her actual first appearance? The one that appears for the most stories later on.

The deaths will be easily reversed. The likely scenario is that all mutants are linked to a hive consciousness in Krakoa and if they die, their minds and consciousness are still in Krakoa and Xavier can regrow Jean and Scott and any mutant that dies.

That's my speculation.

Moira reincarnated in new timelines. Each one of her reincarnations is a possible future/alternate timeline.

I feel the same about Monet. She's kinda cool and has very powerful abilities but her history is sketchy.

#606 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Wave 1? What is Wave 1 to you?

As for when fans can expect to learn details on what's internally being called the "Wave 1" titles, Hickman revealed that an official announcement will be made around Comic-Con International in San Diego.

"Now, we're already in production on all of these 'Wave 1' books and our plan at this moment is to introduce the titles, creative teams, and publishing details around SDCC, which is a week before HOX #1 goes on sale," he said.

"We also just finished our plans for our 'Wave 2' books that will debut in 2020 and we're getting ready to hire talent for those," the writer added. "It's pretty exciting, and this kind of long-term planning is one of the benefits of knowing what direction you're headed for the next few years."

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-hickman-x-men-wave-2-books/

x-men and other titles like marurader, x-force,ect is wave one

to be concluded in wave 2

#607 Posted by cattlebattle (17989 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Alright, bare with me.

Monet was originally supposed to be two young twins in a gestalt form. Penance was a different character altogether that wasn't related to her, this is all hinted at in the very early issues of Gen X. Due to Generation X's creators leaving, and later writers misinterpreting what was planned and not wanting to alter M that much, they made it so the "real Monet" was trapped in Penance's body by her brother, Emplate, and the twins were her younger sisters posing as her until they could free M. Eventually, they switched places and the twins were in Penance's body and M was free, later, Penance took its own form and called itself Hollow and the twins went back home.

It's one of those things that's needlessly convoluted. Technically her first appearance is in the body of Penance in Gen X 1 and the twins first appearance posing as her is during the Phalanx Covenant. Her first appearance as herself is probably like Gen X 43 or something.

I also have no idea why she can just transform into a Penance now....that's new.

#608 Posted by LowMageKage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Scarlet Witch no longer a mutant? She was called a pretender.

#609 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: @koays: @marvelfan1992: @adamtrmm: @pyrofn

i am shocked that koays said this issue wasnt that good.......utterly shocked

and u all had such high faith in hickman(duped hick's x-men= hick-men)

i was the only one who didnt have faith in hickman, and i was right

hickman said there would be "no time travel" yet powers of x is all about the future???

Well no one is actually time traveling so it isn't about time travel. And i don't know what you're talking about, I've been shitting on hox/pox since the start lol

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#610 Edited by TheInsufferable (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Judging by Xavier's "No More" at the end, I'd say the deaths in HoX 4 mostly seemed like a plot device, which is a pretty bad way to die. If they're not somehow revealed to be clones or something, they've died to set some development in motion for Xavier.

As for meaningful death in comics, beside the obvious knowledge to the characters' return, I'd say one of the reasons they don't feel significant is the way the effect of those deaths on the other characters is explored. For instance, when Gwen Stacy died, there were whole arcs dedicated to how that crushed Peter, how it affected his life, and how he had to move on after that. It was something which arguably still affects Spider-Man's characterization. Same could be said about many of the important deaths. In contrast, when Cyclops died in Death of X, most of the time he was mentioned after his death was someone comparing him to Hitler because they thought he stopped mutants from being gassed to death, and the nearest thing we got to an emotional response to the death was Emma Frost going batshit crazy in IvX, which was handled so badly it's not even funny. When Rosenberg did his killfest in Uncanny X-Men, the deaths were only addressed as the abstract concept of humans hating mutants rather than actual people you cared about dying. When Alex dies in the last issue, Scott goes "Noooo!" for one panel, and that's pretty much it. And I think that's more or less how it's gonna be handled in HoX as well, I doubt if we're gonna actually see Xavier being affected by losing some of his oldest X-Men on a personal level, he's mostly gonna be pissed off at "these shortsighted humans killing mutants." I mean, it's okay to write plot-driven stories, but that doesn't mean you can't approach death with more dignity. Sorry if this got a bit long-winded.

Now as for Moria's power, I don't think she creates those timelines, but rather, her consciousness is being transferred to these timelines which would've existed regardless of her. Although there's not much to support or disprove this atm.

#611 Posted by DaSalvadore (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: @koays: @marvelfan1992: @adamtrmm: @pyrofn

i am shocked that koays said this issue wasnt that good.......utterly shocked

and u all had such high faith in hickman(duped hick's x-men= hick-men)

i was the only one who didnt have faith in hickman, and i was right

hickman said there would be "no time travel" yet powers of x is all about the future???

Time-travel and stories of the future/alternative timelines are completely different.

#612 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Judging by Xavier's "No More" at the end, I'd say the deaths in HoX 4 mostly seemed like a plot device, which is a pretty bad way to die. If they're not somehow revealed to be clones or something, they've died to set some development in motion for Xavier.

As for meaningful death in comics, beside the obvious knowledge to the characters' return, I'd say one of the reasons they don't feel significant is the way the effect of those deaths on the other characters is explored. For instance, when Gwen Stacy died, there were whole arcs dedicated to how that crushed Peter, how it affected his life, and how he had to move on after that. It was something which arguably still affects Spider-Man's characterization. Same could be said about many of the important deaths. In contrast, when Cyclops died in Death of X, most of the time he was mentioned after his death was someone comparing him to Hitler because they thought he stopped mutants from being gassed to death, and the nearest thing we got to an emotional response to the death was Emma Frost going batshit crazy in IvX, which was handled so badly it's not even funny. When Rosenberg did his killfest in Uncanny X-Men, the deaths were only addressed as the abstract concept of humans hating mutants rather than actual people you cared about dying. When Alex dies in the last issue, Scott goes "Noooo!" for one panel, and that's pretty much it. And I think that's more or less how it's gonna be handled in HoX as well, I doubt if we're gonna actually see Xavier being affected by losing some of his oldest X-Men on a personal level, he's mostly gonna be pissed off at "these shortsighted humans killing mutants." I mean, it's okay to write plot-driven stories, but that doesn't mean you can't approach death with more dignity. Sorry if this got a bit long-winded.

Now as for Moria's power, I don't think she creates those timelines, but rather, her consciousness is being transferred to these timelines which would've existed regardless of her. Although there's not much to support or disprove this atm.

My question is, are all her previous lives from different realities and only this 10th one is in 616?

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#613 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#614 Edited by TheInsufferable (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Well, we can't say much with 100% certainty, but even if these different timelines are related to 616 (possible or altered past, future version of 616) they still wouldn't be designated Earth-616 once they have diverged from 616's path, as evident by realities like DoFP or O5, or Mathew Malloy. And they can't all be different incarnations of Earth-616, since 616 has seemingly been through only 8 incarnations up to now (and that's assuming all the different incarnations are called 616). So the most probable guess is that if any of these lives is in 616, it's only the 10th one.

#615 Posted by DaSalvadore (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Every Moira life is an alternate reality/past/future. It could be that every iteration is a previous version of 616 but that doesn't work with the context of the story or how Marvel does things.

Moira is born, she lives, she dies - That's Earth-whatever number 1
Moira is born, she lives, she dies - Earth-whatever number 2
Moira is born for the current life involving the X-Men we're reading in HoX - Earth-616.

This is all "as of now" since Hickman could do a swerve. And we're still waiting on what the big mystery of Life 6 is all about.

#616 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Well, we can't say much with 100% certainty, but even if these different timelines are related to 616 (possible or altered past, future version of 616) they still wouldn't be designated Earth-616 once they have diverged from 616's path, as evident by realities like DoFP or O5, or Mathew Malloy. And they can't all be different incarnations of Earth-616, since 616 has seemingly been through only 8 incarnations up to now (and that's assuming all the different incarnations are called 616). So the most probable guess is that if any of these lives is in 616, it's only the 10th one.

lol u make my brain hurt

@pyrofn scott to jean: I'm coming back for you. im getting you home

jean: hurry. scott

scott: Dont worry, im on my wa--.

Scott has set his priority straight. To save the love of his life no matter what the cost. i still have faith i my sweet jott

#617 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @ursaber i know this is off topic but, did anyone read from JW twitter that after secret wars, the past about scott and jean being married never happened? (i dont know if he was just trolling or being serious)

so if scott and jean were never married then i guess it gives them an excuse to get married lol

#618 Posted by iamre321 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: I agree. I felt some deaths more than others because how the characters themselves react. Like when Xavier died that was a big shock, like holy sh*t Cyclops literally killed the guy that raised him... When Cap "died" it felt meaningful, all the fellow heroes reacted. When Spidey "died" it felt more meaningful because of how it was portrayed and how it happened, etc...

A lot of these recent deaths in X-men don't even feel like deaths, they feel like "ok too many characters so you , you , and you are gonna take a break so... bye for a bit..." thats how it feels. Scott's own brother dies and he doesn't even have much of a reaction. It may be that the characters themselves have dealt with so many deaths and resurrections ( I mean Jean alone...) that they've become kinda numb to it and maybe don't even have time to process it cause so much new stuff is going on... idk.

#619 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio
#620 Posted by Thunderscream (2628 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up with the jokey villains? First Nimrod, now Sinister...and I know Sinister started cloning himself a bunch more recently (in the past 10 years or so) but before that he was mostly cloning mutants....and I'm assuming Chuck and Mags are approaching him much earlier than they encountered him in what we know as the main continuity...so what's up with him having his own Sinister Genosha all the sudden?

I know this issue is putting all the pieces in order, I did enjoy seeing Doug's introduction to Krakoa and I guess the brief backstory of the mutant island's history with Apocalypse. Right now I'm slightly disappointed in this issue, but maybe after a few more reads and as a component of the whole series it'll grow on me.

#621 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture I think you'll be crying and/or whining for the next few months

No Caption Provided

i said months ago this would happen but i said it would happen in "age of X-man".......i was close LOL

@ursaber @pyrofn

but i dont want to say its legit, could be a possible future thing(not in the present)

#622 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture I think you'll be crying and/or whining for the next few months

No Caption Provided

i said months ago this would happen but i said it would happen in "age of X-man".......i was close LOL

@ursaber @pyrofn

but i dont want to say its legit, could be a possible future thing(not in the present)

I mean it could very well be about other people and it's just bait and misleading. Maybe about Moira or some shit. Bottom page also says lies, so lol we shall lol

#623 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

I HAVE NO IDEA what I just read in PoX #4

LOL I need to re-read lol. But those secrets man they are SO JUICY.

#624 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

I HAVE NO IDEA what I just read in PoX #4

LOL I need to re-read lol. But those secrets man they are SO JUICY.

maybe some a real and some are fake..........the one where it could be more then 3 summers brothers i think is a lie

#625 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio
#626 Posted by RabumAlal (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

Another great issue.

#627 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one who doesnt like powers of X/powers of 10???? aside from that one moira book where u find out she is a mutant of reincarnation

#628 Posted by martinceld (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

Are those secrets real? They say lie at the bottom and top of the pages.

am i the only one who doesnt like powers of X/powers of 10???? aside from that one moira book where u find out she is a mutant of reincarnation

no a number of people do not like it, including myself. I'm just waiting for it to be over

#629 Posted by slimlim (361 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually liking both books quite a bit. I must say i'm enjoying HOX more than POX though. Mostly because we have no reason to be emotionally invested in the far flung future bits. But I do believe that this is all building to something.

oh and btw, Hickman's Mr Sinister is brilliant! Ever since he wrote Sinister in Secret Wars ("how very trashy"), I've been hoping for more. Previously, Sinister just across as any number of comic book villains. But Hickman has injected a voice and character to him that i can now see him as the X-Men's "Loki".

#630 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

I'm actually liking both books quite a bit. I must say i'm enjoying HOX more than POX though. Mostly because we have no reason to be emotionally invested in the far flung future bits. But I do believe that this is all building to something.

oh and btw, Hickman's Mr Sinister is brilliant! Ever since he wrote Sinister in Secret Wars ("how very trashy"), I've been hoping for more. Previously, Sinister just across as any number of comic book villains. But Hickman has injected a voice and character to him that i can now see him as the X-Men's "Loki".

when mr sinister said "serf", whats a serf?

#631 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn@ursaber@koays@god_spawn@mrnihal@mooty_pass@theinsufferable u should read this some a right and some are speculation

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/11/working-out-the-blind-items-of-mr-sinisters-gossip-column-in-powers-of-x-4-spoilers/

SINISTER SECRET #2 And speaking of fashion, the whisper network has turned into a roar regarding the return of this trendsetting mutant who was cut down in his prime. Will someone please tell all these mutants to stop wearing human clothes and join the stampede across their island full of flowers to the flower that’s the fullest?

The Ghosts Of Cyclops from All-New X-Men #1?

SINISTER SECRET #3 Years ago, a deceased redheaded pretender made a pact with the devil. When she passed on, most believed that any secrets she had went with her to the grave. Won’t everyone be surprised when they find out not only is this not true, but she left behind a whole lot more than secrets.

Secrets left behind by Madelyne Pryor, the clone of Jean Grey created by Mister Sinister. Was she stull meant to be dead? I lost track.

SINISTER SECRET #4 While every Sinister has been busy wondering how they might be affected by current events, almost no one noticed what washed ashore. A word of advice to all things sinister: Don’t embrace the revelry, or there won’t be anything for you to celebrate.

The cocoon of Jean Grey found by the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, returning Jean Grey to life?

#632 Edited by cattlebattle (17989 posts) - - Show Bio

I am starting to turn on this series. There is only 4 issues left (2 of each) and it doesn't really feel like anything is going anywhere. I wouldn't mind if this were just a set up for the ongoing but Hickman is apparently leaving after a handful of issues and we are likely going to get someone who is not as sewn to his vision because, well, it's not their vision.

-I think future stuff with the AI taking over is sort of derivative. The Phalanx returning is fine, as they were teased to always do so, but, I don't know, it's sort of like two sci fi cliches going at it with a hive minded assimilating alien force vs free thinking AI vs future mutants who just look like Kree.

-Not a fan of Moira's retcon, it makes the 616 reality sort of convoluted, as if it wasn't convoluted enough already.

- Sinister seems like a flamboyant homosexual for some reason now.

-Krakoa was just an island that mutated from the US testing nuclear weapons near it, now, it is apparently an ancient being with some bazaar backstory involving Apocalypse??

-I think Doug's translation abilities being more accurate and in depth than reading someone's mind is a bit of BS, but, it's comics after all so meh.

I think a challenge should go out where someone has to write an X-men series without retconning something. Like, you would just have to do a completely original story with characters existing as they are. I would be curious to see when the last time something happened like that was.

#633 Posted by slimlim (361 posts) - - Show Bio

when mr sinister said "serf", whats a serf?

I believe its a term used for 'peasants' or 'commoners'.

In the Image comic LAZARUS, the Serf refers to "skilled labourers" within society.

#634 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn@ursaber@koays@god_spawn@mrnihal@mooty_pass@theinsufferable@cattlebattle@slimlim also now marvel.com talking about powers of X

The ancillary matter touched upon a few of Sinister’s secrets, including the fact that his first infusion of mutant DNA came from John Proudstar, AKA Thunderbird. Plus, there are a few hints that the Summers brothers may have more relatives than they think. And on a more troubling note, Sinister appears to indicate that there is still INFERNO fallout yet to be discovered. Did Madelyne Pryor leave behind another child before she perished...?

i think i know.......havok and maddie had a kid lollolololololol poor jean, now we can have scott/jean/alex love triangle the heck with logan logan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxx

also this

Meanwhile, in the far future, the Phalanx and the remnants of humanity have reached a critical point. While the human’s machines can become one with the Phalanx hivemind, humanity’s biological components cannot be joined with them. Now it’s an open question whether the Phalanx or the remaining humans find that to be an acceptable outcome. That leaves the future in doubt as POWERS OF X and HOUSE OF X continue

-----first, i have a bad feeling about baby-nimrod bonding with Phalanx

-------> second if this race is the best intelligent race why are they making such a dumb move for "ascension" (this sucks)

No Caption Provided

<<<<this white/pink nimrod is baby-nimrod

#635 Posted by cattlebattle (17989 posts) - - Show Bio

The ancillary matter touched upon a few of Sinister’s secrets, including the fact that his first infusion of mutant DNA came from John Proudstar, AKA Thunderbird. Plus, there are a few hints that the Summers brothers may have more relatives than they think. And on a more troubling note, Sinister appears to indicate that there is still INFERNO fallout yet to be discovered. Did Madelyne Pryor leave behind another child before she perished...?

Oh God. I don't think I can handle anymore pointless retcons.

Just kill this franchise already.

#636 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

No Caption Provided

its a retcon of another retcon, inside another retcon

its a triple or quadruple retcon lol o.0

#638 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

2 questions for @god_spawn

1) what do u think of the above panel ?

2) "if" lets say scott and jean are back together now, do u still like scott?

#639 Posted by God_Spawn (43561 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

1. I don’t care.

2. I don’t care again. Just because Scott could be with Jean doesn’t mean he isn’t my favorite. Yes, I prefer him with Emma, I think they fed off each other better than him and Jean ever did, and it was because of the growth between the two he transitioned into a top character for me. Do I hate Jean? No. Do I like her? She’s not even a top 10 to me. Hell, I could probably name 20 X characters over her. The only thing that could lessen Scott to me would be a total regression of the last 20-30 years of character development.

Moderator Online
#640 Posted by HAWK2916 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Maddie's child is Hope Summers or her mother wtf knows

#641 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: WHAT?? You don't like Jean with Scott?? Aw why? Well, you do have a point of Scott feeding off Emma more than Jean so no argument there...

@cattlebattle said:

NO, cattlebattle. Retcons are GOOD FOR THE SOUL.......

#642 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: my theory is some fan like scemma cause scott leads the relationship while some fans think when jott is together jean owns scott lmao

here pro-scemma ---> @pyrofn XP @koays XD

here pro-jott>>>>>>>>> me, @ursaber

#643 Posted by ursaber (10693 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: my theory is some fan like scemma cause scott leads the relationship while some fans think when jott is together jean owns scott lmao

here pro-scemma ---> @pyrofn XP @koays XD

here pro-jott>>>>>>>>> me, @ursaber

right now I'm pro Hickman, cause he's killing it with House and Powers of X!

#644 Posted by PyroFN (7200 posts) - - Show Bio
#645 Edited by God_Spawn (43561 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: I grew up with Wolverine and Gambit as my favorites. Wolverine’s a top favorite of mine regardless. As I got older, I could appreciate the growth Cyclops AND Emma both had. Jean and Scott were very much high school lovers. Yeah, they loved each other, but I felt neither really benefited from the other, which reading a relationship is important. Jean was this all powerful psychic and Phoenix, Scott was basically Xavier’s yes man with moments, but he was still so introverted.

I think with Emma, she pushed herself to be good and Scott was the only one to really see that. While in turn Emma saw all the pain he was in and what he does to push others way beyond himself. They were essentially total opposites, Emma being so self aware, while Scott wasn’t. But being with him softened her, and the whole coming to terms with that for the team was great. They helped each other and fed off each other and it was with her that Scott really pushed into his own. Jean was already a giant cosmic bird entity thing. She didn’t really need his help.

And I don’t want to say Jean and Scott never helped each other or didn’t have their growth, they did. But I think as a duo, it pales in comparison to what Scott and Emma did together. I think Hope is wrong in that Scott led the relationship. To an extent Emma did fall to kind of a cheerleader eventually at some point, but she was still very much her own character and Scott himself almost begged her when she was about to leave as well, so it’s not like she didn’t have say as well. So them together when written well are my faves.

Just my two cents.

Moderator Online
#646 Posted by Koays (12546 posts) - - Show Bio
#647 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: OH, ok. Yeah, when you put it that way I can see how that makes sense.

Personally, for me I didn't like the Scott/Emma I felt like she was just steam rolling all over him.

#648 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9730 posts) - - Show Bio
#650 Posted by OtaconMGS (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.