Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

House of X and Powers of X discussion

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sentryiceman20: Yea i was rereading an Astonishing run for an RT and Emma spots Wallflower in a crowd(who died during Academy X) and when they go to get closer to her she transforms into a giant Sentinel made out of flesh....but sure Scott I'm sure guant purple robot is the peak of their abilities.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah i kinda know what you mean, and although i do see a difference in how Cyclops is now compared to where he was at just recently, I don't really have much of a problem with it. In fact, as a long time Cyclops fan, i'm just glad that Hickman has given him so much more panel time as compared to Wolverine or even Jean.

As for whether Cyclops doesn't "feel right". Well a lot has supposedly happened since last we saw the X-Men. Assuming that this is the Cyclops we all know and not some clone, or alternate version, etc. Where we left off with the X-Men, Cyclops was beginning or at least willing to cede leadership of the X-Men. Besides, i've always seen Cyclops as a reluctant leader. He leads because he felt that either it was expected of him, or he just happened to be the best person for the job at the time. It never felt like something he wanted. But now we presumably have Professor X coming back with some kind of "game changer". And perhaps that was enough for Cyclops to decide that this new era for mutants is best led by Xavier, and not himself.

I personally like how Hickman has written Cyclops so far. He's like a mix of the boy scout (taking orders from Xavier and being mr nice guy with the FF) and the Revolutionary (how he ended the confrontation with Reed and "Then it will be done")

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hickman is doing the damn thing on this run. I read novels alot so while some people complain about the info dumps and information pages....i think its essential to the story and its just not for lazy readers. Its world building and setting up major developments in the story and not really leaving you to guess. For the 1st time in a long time im just enjoying tye story and not speculating too much about the outcome...just along for the ride.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read issue two of POX, it was ok.

3/5.

GatorCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New to this board. I haven’t read X Men since the 80’s but heard so much buzz about the new House of X and Powers of X that I decided to check them out. I am quite confused, but not in a “can’t wait to read what happens next” way but in a “I dont want to spend any more money on this” way. I really want to give it a chance though and I’m hoping you folks on this discussion thread can help.

So if Im reading right, the House of X Moira’s life we are in now (10th life) has been the x men of our timeline/generation. If that is the case and Xavier knew from a young age that everything he tried wasnt going to work and then in powers of x they meet with Magneto for their handshake and “brave new plan” why have they been fighting each other since the 70’s if they knew that plan never works and only together could they defeat evil man and our robots?

In powers of x I am assuming the meeting with Magneto happens quite early in the timeline of x men. If that is the case and this tenth life has been our current x men timeline (which the graph in house of x indicates) if they knew fighting each other is futile why have I been reading since the 70s Magneto and Xavier fighting???

Or is this a reboot of the entire franchise and everything we have read thus far was just an alternate timeline?

I am so confused I may not even be articulating my question correctly. It just makes no sense that the X Men would read the way they have if Charles knew all this info from a young age, yet we are supposedly on THE x men timeline in this tenth life of Moira???

Can someone please help. I am not trying to be negative, I just dont understand at all...thank you!

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gatorcrusader: To begin with, Hickman is possibly the worst writer to come in fresh after years of not reading comics simply because he writes in a way that all the answers aren't revealed until the very end of the run/series. So take this with a pinch of salt as just my opinion on how things are.

The House of X current year (life Ten) is not the history we've read from Lee and Kirby up. Not completely. Xavier and Moira go to Magneto when he is at Island M (Octopusheim) and this island was first seen post-Dark Phoenix during some strange arcs that included Cyclops and Lee Forrester being friends with benefits who then shipwrecked on the island. Scott would eventually leave, Magneto and Lee would hook up for a bit until a nightmare unleashed his powers and revealed to her just how dangerous he was.

It's roughly around the New Mutants era but before the Trial of Magneto where Xavier is taken by Lilandra and Starjammers to be given a new body that could walk. Pre Muir Island Saga. The LifeDeath stories happened (Storm losing her powers, hooking up with Forge before learning he invented the gun that took them away) and Illyana has been turned into Magik. From there, the continuity is very much up in the air and I think it'll be a New-52/Rebirth "the good stuff still happened, the bad stuff not so much" situation up until post-Morrison's E is for Extinction event. The past ten decades of mutant stories (AvX with the Phoenix Five and the Terrigen Mist insanity as the big ones) probably happened only so far as to make sure it doesn't affect the non-mutant characters. Like the mists still, need to have happened for Kamala Kahn/Ms. Marvel to appear but the X-Men probably wasn't stupid in how to fix it from killing people.

The reason why this is actually possible without totally screwing up the rest of Marvel is that, for the most part, the mutant side of Marvel is pretty much isolated even when crossing over or being involved in events. Even then, the mutants being involved in the events are hardly ever spoken about or brought up by non-mutant characters. Avengers won't bring up Dissasembled or even AvX for example so that story becoming an alt-reality doesn't affect much of what the Avengers do in the modern times.

That bit of groundwork laid, the timeline map points out that X, Mags and Moira had a brief schism prior to the Genosha massacre. This allows for all the stories where Mags was the bad guy to be told within that window before Magneto rejoins the two.

GatorCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for that explanation. I know it shows my age but I was a Lee and Kirby guy! I have heard a lot of good and bad about Hickman but I wanted to give it a shot...

Thanks again !

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
    FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powers of X #3- the future mutants go after info on the birth of Nimrod and bond it with Moira, wolverine then kills her, revealing that this “future” (100 years in the future) is actually Moira’s ninth life while the events of House of X is her 10th. So though House of X is only 10 years in the future, Powers of X is a prequel to House of X. Now Moira has knowledge of Nimrod which we will see what happens with that. Also the plant mutant is actually Cipher who bonded with Krakoa and the Magneto looking mutant is not Magneto but another Chimera (one of Polaris and Emma Frost)

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@firestarlord73194: Is there any explanation as to whether the scenario that happens in 1000 years in the future belongs to Moira's ninth or tenth life?

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol PLOT TWIST.....Powers of X's future is in life 9

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand,

Wagner- A chimera Of Kurt’s DNA, One of Jean’s family bloodline (aka Jean or Rachel), and someone called Freeman.

Magneto look-a-like- A chimera of Lorna’s DNA (which is basically Magneto’s family line) and Emma Frost’s DNA. He’s a Horsemen.

Wolverine- Pureblood, meaning the original. He is a Horsemen.

Xorn- Pureblood. I guess this one is Shen, not Kuan-Yin. He’s a Horsemen.

Cylobel- We already know she is a Hound.

Rasputin- We already know who she is composed of.

Krakoa- Cypher And Krakoa combo. Very interesting one, too. He is a Horsemen.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

well the 9th one has ended, off to the 10th one now, wheres theres going to be big changes ......

@pyrofn said:

From what I understand,

Wagner- A chimera Of Kurt’s DNA, One of Jean’s family bloodline (aka Jean or Rachel), and someone called Freeman.

Magneto look-a-like- A chimera of Lorna’s DNA (which is basically Magneto’s family line) and Emma Frost’s DNA. He’s a Horsemen.

Wolverine- Pureblood, meaning the original. He is a Horsemen.

Xorn- Pureblood. I guess this one is Shen, not Kuan-Yin. He’s a Horsemen.

Cylobel- We already know she is a Hound.

Rasputin- We already know who she is composed of.

Krakoa- Cypher And Krakoa combo. Very interesting one, too. He is a Horsemen.

the wagner one -im guessing from kurt and rachel grey cause they used to be a item lol

magneto one--- well both ladies were rejected by different summers' respectively XD XD XP

No Caption Provided

@ursaber dont take personally just my "crazy" opinion LOL .......oh i also heard house of X 4 will be a good one, out sept 4th, i might actually buy it hahah ha ha

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, Hickman keeps delivering excellent issue after excellent issue.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very action packed, I liked it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566  Edited By Mooty_Pass

PoX #3 Was very good. Was pretty Cool. I like how Apocalypse fights off 3 Nimords.

@koays said:

I KNEW IT!!!!

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and if anyone’s confused Mother=Moira

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: we haven’t got that information yet but I suspect year 1,000 is actually the future of the 10th life. Considering Nimrod seems to be rather docile in year 1,000 it may be connected to the Nimrod files that Moira was bonded with before wolverine killed her. It seems the overarching villain isn’t humans but AI. Mother mold, Nimrod, the Omega sentinels and the phalanx are all connected

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: we haven’t got that information yet but I suspect year 1,000 is actually the future of the 10th life. Considering Nimrod seems to be rather docile in year 1,000 it may be connected to the Nimrod files that Moira was bonded with before wolverine killed her. It seems the overarching villain isn’t humans but AI. Mother mold, Nimrod, the Omega sentinels and the phalanx are all connected

That's a good guess. It was written in a way that links it to the X-100 and it kinda does still fit with the ninth life with the entire Assecion business but I'm not putting it past Hickman to swerve us again.

There's a huge number of callbacks in PoX 3:

Cypher/Warlock/Douglock - The Krakoa hybrid with Cypher's body.

Origins of Cable and his TO infection - Baby and the church

Externals - - Apoc's designation

Wolverine as a Horseman - Obvious

Death of Jean by Logan - Logan killing Moira

The Xorn/Zorn Death from (I think) Ultimate - Mask being pulled off to kill Omega Sentinel

Clan Akkaba and Rachel Grey - Moira's codename

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a thought of Apocalypse resurfacing resembling the timeline where they hooked, but I didn't actually connect the dots in that way.

So, what does that mean for X^3 timepoint?

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I’ve been racking my brain about this and trying to figure out if I ever came across a “Freeman” character in X-Men lore. Anybody have any idea???

Either it’s an obscure character or there’s gonna be more to that later in Hickman’s run

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim: Ajax last name is freeman I think. He’s calling back to old obscure characters considering Rasputin’s “Bain” power is in reference to Unus the Untouchable, who’s power is a force field. Guess he’s trying to make some old characters somewhat relevant again

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: It might not be that. It could be (and this is also just might be wishful thinking) that he's trying to show that all the old canon has its place in the new status-quo even if he is shaking things up.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: Not so familiar with Ajax. But from what I’ve seen in the Marvel wiki, it seems only the Deadpool movie version of Ajax is named “Freeman”

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is no one disucssing the awesome HOX #3 ?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

We'll what do you wanna say?

IMO, I didn't think it was all that. It was good, but a bit boring.

• I LOVED Emma Frost Scene putting those Flastscans in their place.
    • The dialogue between Kurt and Karima I felt like the X-Men abandon her.
    • Lastly, this issue felt like we should feel bad for the humans because the X-Men came and the Doctor lost her Husband. And they were no prepared......I didn't like that.
    Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

We'll what do you wanna say?

IMO, I didn't think it was all that. It was good, but a bit boring.

• I LOVED Emma Frost Scene putting those Flastscans in their place.
    • The dialogue between Kurt and Karima I felt like the X-Men abandon her.
    • Lastly, this issue felt like we should feel bad for the humans because the X-Men came and the Doctor lost her Husband. And they were no prepared......I didn't like that.

I didn't find it boring, it was quite good.

• I hate Emma and hope she suffers horribly before dying a slow and painful dead.
    • I'm no expert on the X-Men, but wasn't Karima supposed to be a good guy ? I remember her helping mutants in Claremont's Excalibur.
    • I don't think we should feel bad for humans, after all, they're building machines that will erradicate mutant life, the mutants are just trying to prevent their exctinction. I do have to say though, I don't feel like the X-Men in this run are superheroes or plain good guys, there are a lot of gray areas, like them being fine working alongside Mystique or bailing Creed out of prison after he killed dozens of guards.
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I'd say that it's more about establishing borders then anything else. I mean their declaring themselves an independent Nation, it doesn't help if the US decides they can punish a supposed citizen of theirs and imprison them in a super prison the same week as they declare independence. Though of course Creed has murdered on US grounds. I gues the short and sweet of it is that their compromising for the sake of politics just like Scott when he let Creed go in the beginning....they have a cause but can't let little things interfere.

Karima was a good guy, way up until X-Men v4 when she was supposedly purged of the sentinels.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• I hate Emma and hope she suffers horribly before dying a slow and painful dead.
    • I'm no expert on the X-Men, but wasn't Karima supposed to be a good guy ? I remember her helping mutants in Claremont's Excalibur.
    • I don't think we should feel bad for humans, after all, they're building machines that will erradicate mutant life, the mutants are just trying to prevent their exctinction. I do have to say though, I don't feel like the X-Men in this run are superheroes or plain good guys, there are a lot of gray areas, like them being fine working alongside Mystique or bailing Creed out of prison after he killed dozens of guards.

Hmm Ok.

LOL Emma is not for everyone. I mean she is ok to me. Not my favorite, but she cool.

Karima was a good guy the last I know of. Not sure why she swtiched sides though.

As for the Humans I don't really care for them. I don't think the X-Men are bad guys. In fact I think they are still good guys yeah sure siding with Mystique and bailing Sabertooth is in bad taste, but IMO I feel like its a necessary evil. Let him faced trial by their OWN people. Should sabertooth answer for the deaths of those men? YES, but I also agree that maybe we should let the Mutants handle that.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the biggest fan of Emma Frost, but that scene was pretty badass, especially her last line.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karima makes a point that makes you realize it isn't a black and white issue. Because she's right...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Are you referring to her saying that Mother Mold may end up turning on the Humans too early because they already know where mutants come from?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thor_parker82: I'd say that it's more about establishing borders then anything else. I mean their declaring themselves an independent Nation, it doesn't help if the US decides they can punish a supposed citizen of theirs and imprison them in a super prison the same week as they declare independence. Though of course Creed has murdered on US grounds. I gues the short and sweet of it is that their compromising for the sake of politics just like Scott when he let Creed go in the beginning....they have a cause but can't let little things interfere.

Karima was a good guy, way up until X-Men v4 when she was supposedly purged of the sentinels.

Yeah, but they don't seem to have any interest in processing Creed on Krakoa, they just want him back so he can roam free in there, which seems weird, I don't see Wolverine or Jean being fine with that, I really think Xavier is messing with everyone's minds in some degree.

@thor_parker82 said:

Hmm Ok.

LOL Emma is not for everyone. I mean she is ok to me. Not my favorite, but she cool.

Karima was a good guy the last I know of. Not sure why she swtiched sides though.

As for the Humans I don't really care for them. I don't think the X-Men are bad guys. In fact I think they are still good guys yeah sure siding with Mystique and bailing Sabertooth is in bad taste, but IMO I feel like its a necessary evil. Let him faced trial by their OWN people. Should sabertooth answer for the deaths of those men? YES, but I also agree that maybe we should let the Mutants handle that.

Same thing I said above, I never got the impression that the mutants wanted to process Sabretooth themselves, just that they want him free on Krakoa because he is a mutant and that's where he belongs.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I wouldn't assume the X-Men are fine with that. I mean given Jeans counter to Logans smart remark, i'd assume that they have some facility for "Bad Mutants".

I don't know if you caught this, but on Krakoan map. You can see on one side it's labled House of X and the other side House of M. Sabertooth may belong to Magneto and Magneto may deal with him in his own way?? I don't know.

Cyclops was harsh towards Mystique and not the other X-Men. Why single her out like she's a child. My guess is that the X-Men are not that thrill being with the Brotherhood.

@adamtrmm:Glad you brought that up.

Can you explain more on why she is right? I thought that exchange was weird. For Kurt to say picking sides and Karima saying they all did. That makes me believe that they turned their backs on her because she is a sentinel. I for one would be skeptical of her because she could be compromise.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass:

Well, by saying "they ALL did" she makes it complete. There was no more doubt or second thoughts. There are just two sides now. And mutants made clear they aren't welcoming anyone else but mutants where they are. It's a clear statement of who they are and who their friends are. She simply responded. It was cold and not as melodramatic as we're used to when it comes to X-drama, but it delivers the point more than clear. Mathematically even. It's an interesting change of pace.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops: "We want to avoid as many human casualties as we possibly can"

Nightcrawler: "Alright, I'll bring a gigantic sword then"

Seriously though, I think I enjoyed this issue the most so far. The art was lovely, the tension was nicely built, Cyclops gave a rousing leader speech, Emma's presentation was great, Nightcralwer was good. Reminded me of why I like these characters in the first place. I even sort of felt for the human guy and his wife in the end there, and feel for all the humans and Karima considering some mutants are acting power crazed supremacists.

Good stuff. I enjoyed.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Really? You felt for the Humans? Blah. Anyway, yeah this was ok.

@adamtrmm:

I'm sure they had their reasons. I mean she IS an Omega Sentinel, but for the most part I see what you mean.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By adamTRMM

@mooty_pass:

Actually it wasn't about just her. It was about everybody. Mutantkind was never as separatist as this before. Not on Utopia, not even on Genosha under Magneto. So it was a nice reminder. Of course they had their reasons. It's just what it is.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Spoiler?

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@mooty_pass:

Well, by saying "they ALL did" she makes it complete. There was no more doubt or second thoughts. There are just two sides now. And mutants made clear they aren't welcoming anyone else but mutants where they are. It's a clear statement of who they are and who their friends are. She simply responded. It was cold and not as melodramatic as we're used to when it comes to X-drama, but it delivers the point more than clear. Mathematically even. It's an interesting change of pace.

Seriously though, I think I enjoyed this issue the most so far. The art was lovely, the tension was nicely built, Cyclops gave a rousing leader speech, Emma's presentation was great, Nightcralwer was good. Reminded me of why I like these characters in the first place. I even sort of felt for the human guy and his wife in the end there, and feel for all the humans and Karima considering some mutants are acting power crazed supremacists.

Good stuff. I enjoyed.

Both issues show the utter digusting dark-side of the human condition both in fiction and in the real world. "Let's totally disrespect/hate/attack/kill a section of our own species but then act like the injured parties who must rally around each other in defence of their very lives/histroy when said people rise up and decree no more."

The woman's reaction to her husband's death in this week's issue is the prime example. She is acting as though the X-Men slaughter her husband in front of her rather than the man turned himself into a suicide bomber to protect a machine that makes genocidal robots.

Some Spoiler?

Archangel and Husk die in the explosion and Kurt has internal bleeding. Logan is injured but is healing. The Cuckoos and X create a giant mind meld with Beast and some others to keep in contact with the team who split up to send Mother Mold into the sun. Kurt and Logan release their locks but the humans send a squad into the damaged ship. Monet pushes Jean into an escape pod, turns into Penance and attacks the squad. We are told she is killed. Mystique can't release her given lock because the mad scientist woman opens the air lock where Mystique is and sends her into space.

Scott breaks his lock and crazy science lady brings Mother Mold online early. X tells the team that they must stop it no matter what. Kurt and Logan bamf outside where Logan destroys the last lock and falls into the sun with Mother Mold. Scott is shot from behind by Omega and then shot in the head by crazy science woman while the sentiensl arrive to destroy Jean's escape pod. The team succeed but are all killed. And X's last words are "no more."

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592  Edited By marvelfan1992

@dasalvadore said:
    @adamtrmm said:

@mooty_pass:

@cattlebattle said:

Good stuff. I enjoyed.

Both issues show the utter digusting dark-side of the human condition both in fiction and in the real world. "Let's totally disrespect/hate/attack/kill a section of our own species but then act like the injured parties who must rally around each other in defence of their very lives/histroy when said people rise up and decree no more."

The woman's reaction to her husband's death in this week's issue is the prime example. She is acting as though the X-Men slaughter her husband in front of her rather than the man turned himself into a suicide bomber to protect a machine that makes genocidal robots.

@waitomegastorm said:

Some Spoiler?

Archangel and Husk die in the explosion and Kurt has internal bleeding. Logan is injured but is healing. The Cuckoos and X create a giant mind meld with Beast and some others to keep in contact with the team who split up to send Mother Mold into the sun. Kurt and Logan release their locks but the humans send a squad into the damaged ship. Monet pushes Jean into an escape pod, turns into Penance and attacks the squad. We are told she is killed. Mystique can't release her given lock because the mad scientist woman opens the air lock where Mystique is and sends her into space.

Scott breaks his lock and crazy science lady brings Mother Mold online early. X tells the team that they must stop it no matter what. Kurt and Logan bamf outside where Logan destroys the last lock and falls into the sun with Mother Mold. Scott is shot from behind by Omega and then shot in the head by crazy science woman while the sentiensl arrive to destroy Jean's escape pod. The team succeed but are all killed. And X's last words are "no more."

Agree with your point about the human condition.

and @ the spoilered/issue synopsis: LOL at Xavier shedding a fucking tear when he could have just sent Lorna and Erik to destroy that space station in seconds. For fuck's sake, logan was able to destroy the thing holding mother mold, you'd think the master and mistress of Magnetism would have been able to do that from the safety of their ship. Or even storm, or remember that Jean has telekinesis, or use Pixie and her portals. Or even Bobby. Or Trinary

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593  Edited By DaSalvadore

@marvelfan1992: I get the tear and I didn't mind that but yeah, the group sent was massively not the right mix of powers for the job itself. I'm thinking the end result was to be a push for Xavier to do something rash and to reveal that they create pod copies through Krakoa.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasalvadore: i mean story wise i understand, and the tear is fitting, I just meant from a critical reader's perspective....it was....absurd

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595  Edited By adamTRMM

@dasalvadore said:

While the narrative most of the time works hard to make us emphasize with mutants, in real life, those demigods would easily make humanity look like obsolete primates. A single telepath can enslave towns, a single ferrokinetic can dismantle armies, a technopath take over new age financial systems and corporations. The mutant victimhood is of course the easiest to sell, but also the laziest at this point.

This couple fought for what they feared may be a future where there's no place for them or their children. It's a much better motivation than our resident "filthy mutie devils we hate you because we are simply primitive!!!"

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: The fear is understandable but there's a reason the Marvel-verse hasn't been taken over by a crazy person with insane powers - good people with insane powers fight them.

The fear isn't the problem, the problem is where people go because of that fear. The couple being scumbags because they are leading a genocidal project doesn't invalidate their fear. Just like their fears don't invalidate the fact that they're genocidal scumbags who want to blame everything on mutants.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597  Edited By adamTRMM

@dasalvadore:

Well Xmen grant protection and immunity to people like Creed, Mystique and goddamn Toad who helped Xorneto to march people into ovens. They do what they can to survive, in this case they make a deal with an artificial devil. Sure it is destined to go south, but they don't know that in story. They simply create means to protect themselves from a clearly superior competitor. That's what men do. Again, we are accustomed to see them as xenophobic zealots, but this isn't how it should always be. There should be many dimensions and layers to how explore that theme. Mutants' stance is more than understandable too, they were driven to the edge and act accordingly. That's the idea, that's how life is. But it is beyond just good and evil.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: While I agree with you on there being not just good and evil/black and white, you're taking a pretty selective viewpoint here.

It isn't like everything has been fantastic between mutants and humans only for Creed, Marauders and the rest to massacre humans and then the X-Men grant them asylum. This One Nation, One People road comes about after everything mutants have faced over the years. Sentinels, experiments, camps, Weapons Plus, angry mobs, you name it and it's been done. Heck, Stryker was going to shoot Kitty on national TV in God Loves, Man Kills, and half those in attendance wanted the "muties" arrested without even caring about what he did.

Humanity made the deal with the devil first. Humanity pushed a minority into the corner out of fear for their powers. There isn't any black/white in the world but you don't get to bitch and moan and claim the moral high ground if you've done that and those with powers turn on you.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasalvadore:

I'm just trying to balance it out lol

This wasn't my point, but that mutants started to play dirtier and at this point lost moral high ground. Not that I mind since it always constituted for weaker, preachier and simply forced storytelling. As it is, it shows the nature of escalation. It shows how almost inevitable radicalization could actually be. No side can stay clean. And by making a stand you could trigger a chain reaction of grandly chaotic proportions.

Sure, but not in this specific case.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: @koays: @marvelfan1992: @adamtrmm: @pyrofn

i am shocked that koays said this issue wasnt that good.......utterly shocked

and u all had such high faith in hickman(duped hick's x-men= hick-men)

i was the only one who didnt have faith in hickman, and i was right

hickman said there would be "no time travel" yet powers of x is all about the future???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.