House of X and Powers of X discussion

  • 106 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for mrnihal
#1 Edited by MrNihal (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#2 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6570 posts) - - Show Bio

Mehhh, I do like the fusion between yana and dani

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#3 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#4 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

Mehhh, I do like the fusion between yana and dani

also i would like to clarify .........it is "house of 10" X is numeral whatever for 10 ........like how wolverine was weapon 10 and not "weapon X" lol all the writers got it wrong only morrison knew the truth ......hahahahaha ha ha

where is @pyrofn at? went into hiding cause scott and jean will be on a same team???? hahahah

@koays@ursaber also there is rumor uncanny ends with 22, to make room for house of X/powers of X

Avatar image for mizerous
#5 Edited by Mizerous (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Please give Jean a different outfit sick of her being in nostalgia costumes or Phoenix outfits.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#6 Posted by God_Spawn (43165 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Emma took Storm’s recent outfit. Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Moderator
Avatar image for koays
#7 Posted by Koays (11483 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Emma took Storm’s recent outfit. Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Actually looks alot like Esme's costume from X-23

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for ursaber
#8 Posted by ursaber (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

@mizerous said:

Please give Jean a different outfit sick of her being in nostalgia costumes or Phoenix outfits.

The black and red phoenix outfit with a red x instead of the bird logo.

Also, any costume is better than the nerf gear she currently has.

Avatar image for ursaber
#9 Posted by ursaber (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24 said:

Mehhh, I do like the fusion between yana and dani

also i would like to clarify .........it is "house of 10" X is numeral whatever for 10 ........like how wolverine was weapon 10 and not "weapon X" lol all the writers got it wrong only morrison knew the truth ......hahahahaha ha ha

where is @pyrofn at? went into hiding cause scott and jean will be on a same team???? hahahah

@koays@ursaberalso there is rumor uncanny ends with 22, to make room for house of X/powers of X

How so?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
@the_living_tribunal_24 said:

Mehhh, I do like the fusion between yana and dani

also i would like to clarify .........it is "house of 10" X is numeral whatever for 10 ........like how wolverine was weapon 10 and not "weapon X" lol all the writers got it wrong only morrison knew the truth ......hahahahaha ha ha

where is @pyrofn at? went into hiding cause scott and jean will be on a same team???? hahahah

@koays@ursaberalso there is rumor uncanny ends with 22, to make room for house of X/powers of X

How so?

cause hickman is taking over the x-books

plus Xavier reveals his "master plan" for the mutants and the mutants are letting him lead again lol

@koays said:
@god_spawn said:

Looks like Emma took Storm’s recent outfit. Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Actually looks alot like Esme's costume from X-23

No Caption Provided

heres the other pic .......could be a cuckoo.......cause she looks short in the vid she looked tall

No Caption Provided

also look at cyclops outfit looks like bendis era that is blue instead of red(which i like)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#11 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jean looks bulky in that outfit lol

Avatar image for ursaber
#12 Posted by ursaber (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Is that really Jean in her worst costume ever?

I think that's a cuckoo next to Mags and not Emma.

Hickman could take over UXM as well, unless Powers and House of X are ongoings?

Is that Xavier with the weird helm next to mags and jean? I thought it was the Maker from the Ultimate Universe

Avatar image for pyrofn
#13 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I am just taking it all in. May I also remind you that we see a Cuckoo in a different look of the preview? I’m pretty sure not every X-Man is on the cover, which basically means, you never know what is happening. Or did you forget that Emma was on the House of X first promo poster?

Avatar image for pyrofn
#14 Edited by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Are you sure that’s Emma, cuz it looks like a black version of one of the Stepford Cuckoos current outfit from X-23.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/c/c0/Stepford_Cuckoos_%28Earth-616%29_from_X-23_Vol_4_1_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180804172412

Edit: Or what @koays says cuz he is nearly always right, apparently...

Avatar image for pyrofn
#15 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Jeans new power is telekinetic control of nerf guns.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I am just taking it all in. May I also remind you that we see a Cuckoo in a different look of the preview? I’m pretty sure not every X-Man is on the cover, which basically means, you never know what is happening. Or did you forget that Emma was on the House of X first promo poster?

no "emma be gone" lol(she like "ugh not again, when will they take the hint? the x-men is asking me for help again and the right answer is the wrong answer"(yes as the right answer) (her answer is no)

also im not liking "powers of X/10" if its going to be all about the future craziness(im just guessing)

Avatar image for god_spawn
#17 Posted by God_Spawn (43165 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: It might not be then. Idk.

Moderator
Avatar image for ursaber
#18 Posted by ursaber (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: Jeans new power is telekinetic control of nerf guns.

?

Avatar image for supermanthor
#19 Posted by Supermanthor (20195 posts) - - Show Bio

Man as a x fan this is the most exciting thing for me in last 5 years

Online
Avatar image for mrnihal
#20 Posted by MrNihal (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24 said:

Mehhh, I do like the fusion between yana and dani

also i would like to clarify .........it is "house of 10" X is numeral whatever for 10 ........like how wolverine was weapon 10 and not "weapon X" lol all the writers got it wrong only morrison knew the truth ......hahahahaha ha ha

where is @pyrofn at? went into hiding cause scott and jean will be on a same team???? hahahah

@koays@ursaber also there is rumor uncanny ends with 22, to make room for house of X/powers of X

No,it's not house of 10,it's house of X.

But it's powers of 10.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#21 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6570 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for adamtrmm
#22 Posted by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggieboy looks fine as heck here.

Magneto and A Cuckoo?! Am I getting the Morrison vibe here? I know Hickman is a fanboy, but I hope he will know to not touch the can of worms heh

Avatar image for slimlim
#23 Posted by slimlim (339 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for slimlim
#24 Posted by slimlim (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Hear hear. I like that the character is looking forward and not back. He's taking ownership of his most recent costume (Bachalo design) and reclaiming it with a new colour and visor. Much as I'm enjoying UXM at the moment, i'm glad his character won't be sticking with his 90s look.

Avatar image for mrnihal
#25 Posted by MrNihal (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim said:
@god_spawn said:

Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Hear hear. I like that the character is looking forward and not back. He's taking ownership of his most recent costume (Bachalo design) and reclaiming it with a new colour and visor. Much as I'm enjoying UXM at the moment, i'm glad his character won't be sticking with his 90s look.

If only he used just the visor.

Avatar image for slimlim
#26 Posted by slimlim (339 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:
@slimlim said:
@god_spawn said:

Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Hear hear. I like that the character is looking forward and not back. He's taking ownership of his most recent costume (Bachalo design) and reclaiming it with a new colour and visor. Much as I'm enjoying UXM at the moment, i'm glad his character won't be sticking with his 90s look.

If only he used just the visor.

You mean keep the overall black and red colour scheme?

That would be cool. Kinda like the Alex Ross concept design

Avatar image for mrnihal
#27 Posted by MrNihal (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Is that really Jean in her worst costume ever?

I think that's a cuckoo next to Mags and not Emma.

Hickman could take over UXM as well, unless Powers and House of X are ongoings?

Is that Xavier with the weird helm next to mags and jean? I thought it was the Maker from the Ultimate Universe

HoX & PoX is 6 issue each I believe .

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#28 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim said:
@god_spawn said:

Despite that...I really like Cyclops’ new costume.

Hear hear. I like that the character is looking forward and not back. He's taking ownership of his most recent costume (Bachalo design) and reclaiming it with a new colour and visor. Much as I'm enjoying UXM at the moment, i'm glad his character won't be sticking with his 90s look.

a little good but still looking like a bad$$$ :))

@mrnihal said:
@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Is that really Jean in her worst costume ever?

I think that's a cuckoo next to Mags and not Emma.

Hickman could take over UXM as well, unless Powers and House of X are ongoings?

Is that Xavier with the weird helm next to mags and jean? I thought it was the Maker from the Ultimate Universe

HoX & PoX is 6 issue each I believe .

its also supposed to lead to a new x-book and team shake up (who knows who will survive) but at least we will see jean and scott on the same (comic book) page(and to a lesser extant logan haha)

HoX&Pof10 is supposed also be a refresher, it will show how the characters end up there and about their past

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#29 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: @pyrofn@ursaber i know each title is 6 books but im more partial to "house of X" then "powers of X/10"

i hate to do this but im just getting "house of X" (ill read powers of x on youtube if there is any good jott in it then maybe get it haha )

Avatar image for helloman
#30 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

These comics are bad.

Avatar image for mrnihal
#31 Posted by MrNihal (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonathan Hickman's top 5 mutants:

1. Magneto

2. White Queen

3. Mister Sinister

4. Monet

5. (tie) Bobby

5. (tie) Sam

Avatar image for payneintheass
#32 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

Charles already going full Maker mode.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#33 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:

Jonathan Hickman's top 5 mutants:

1. Magneto

2. White Queen

3. Mister Sinister

4. Monet

5. (tie) Bobby

5. (tie) Sam

hahahaha ha ha how do u know this? twitter?

only good thing is Magneto hahahahah ha ha (well i dont hate emma, i dont like her either hahaha ha ha emma's better off single)

Avatar image for pyrofn
#34 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yup. She is totally unhelpful to the X-Men, like how unhelpful it was of her to help them find Jean. Incredibly useless. Hush, child. The adults are talking.

Avatar image for pyrofn
#35 Edited by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: You are real forgetful, you know? You just called Jeans costume nerd gear in you last comment!

Jeez, I’d understand if it were pages and pages, but is it so hard to scroll up the convo to find the context? Waste of a subpar joke.

Avatar image for pyrofn
#36 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: I’m getting Gillens run vibes from his top 3. Not bad choices at all. Emma is my number 2 as well.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#37 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yup. She is totally unhelpful to the X-Men, like how unhelpful it was of her to help them find Jean. Incredibly useless. Hush, child. The adults are talking.

shes better of single and shes better off as a villain(like she was meant to be ha ha )

@pyrofn said:

@mrnihal: I’m getting Gillens run vibes from his top 3. Not bad choices at all. Emma is my number 2 as well.

just because he said those were his favorites doesnt mean he'll use them.......isnt up to editor?

Avatar image for rabumalal
#38 Posted by RabumAlal (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman yes!

Avatar image for ursaber
#39 Posted by ursaber (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: You are real forgetful, you know? You just called Jeans costume nerd gear in you last comment!

Jeez, I’d understand if it were pages and pages, but is it so hard to scroll up the convo to find the context? Waste of a subpar joke.

Right. Yeah I don't frequent this forum all that much unless nihal or hope tag me.

But yeah, Jean's X-Red costume looks like Nerf gear. I actually got it from someone else who said it though I can't recall who.

Her green dress and pointy yellow mask is another bad costume of hers. Just give her the Phoenix suit with an X instead of the bird symbol or an updated form of her iconic 90's costume.

Avatar image for payneintheass
#40 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

"MISTER SINISTER IS NOT A MUTANT."

Children. Please. Watch me work.

Avatar image for morpheus_
#41 Posted by Morpheus_ (34499 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Wars made it very clear Hickman likes Sinister. I'm also pretty sure that after writing him he said, "from now on, I only want to write villains" or something to that effect.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
#42 Edited by cattlebattle (17729 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Hickman's favorite characters is Cannonball?? I knew I smelled class on that man.

Seriously though, it was sort of obvious seeing as he made him an Avenger during his Avengers run, though, I was never really a fan of how he wrote him. He made Sam and Bobby seem like teenagers at a frat when their previous depictions were somewhat different, specifically Sam who was always more reserved and adult when compared to his fellow younger X-men. Bobby lost his mean streak pretty much altogether in Avengers, which was his defining character trait.

Curious to know why he likes Monet. She is pretty much Emma Frost with superman powers. I guess he likes Emma so he is also drawn to her character fr that reason.

Online
Avatar image for pyrofn
#43 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) She’s better off in the hands of people who actually no what they’re doing rather than the imagination of a fan fiction author for Jean and whoever is man of the week.

2) Oh no, I don’t mean quality, I meant he might’ve been a fan of Gillens run. Then again, I suppose I’ve not looked up Hickman enough to know his preference. That said, if he used Gillens run for some inspiration, I wouldn’t complain.

Avatar image for pyrofn
#44 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: The Red suit is an updated version of her 90’s suit.

I’m all for the Phoenix thing with an x in the middle, but I don’t think we need anymore skin tight suits in my opinion. The reason the Phoenix outfit gets a past for me personally is because it is a classic and has some sort of classier Fantastic Four-vibe, Which usually handles cosmic problems, so it makes sense.

I love her Marvel Girl outfit. The miniskirt and mask gives her the feminine vibe that we don’t get from female superheroes unless it’s to show their boobs. And I’m pretty sure Jean has the luxury of not needing padding due to her telekinesis , so I see no problems. The mask gives her the superheroine look that we expect from classic supers. If I were to update the costume, I suppose give her a masquerade mask would be better. And longer gloves.

Avatar image for pyrofn
#45 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Do you get Gillens run vibes from his top 3 as well? Do you think Hickman has read Gillens run?

Avatar image for ursaber
#46 Posted by ursaber (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: The Red suit is an updated version of her 90’s suit.

Cept the coloring and the detail are pretty bland. Blue and red, everyone has that. Her orange and blue was more unique. Also, the mask on the sides makes her face look somewhat fat at times.

I’m all for the Phoenix thing with an x in the middle, but I don’t think we need anymore skin tight suits in my opinion. The reason the Phoenix outfit gets a past for me personally is because it is a classic and has some sort of classier Fantastic Four-vibe, Which usually handles cosmic problems, so it makes sense.

We can never have enough skin tight suits. Skin tight suits on men and women is the standard and its a good one. So long as its nothing like this, were good.

No Caption Provided

I love her Marvel Girl outfit. The miniskirt and mask gives her the feminine vibe that we don’t get from female superheroes unless it’s to show their boobs. And I’m pretty sure Jean has the luxury of not needing padding due to her telekinesis , so I see no problems. The mask gives her the superheroine look that we expect from classic supers. If I were to update the costume, I suppose give her a masquerade mask would be better. And longer gloves.

It looks ridiculous in the present time. The mask especially. It looks like an impractical party mask. If it was a domino mask like Nightwing's then it'd be better.

Everybody has full body suits and gear and here is Jean with a green party dress and mask.

Avatar image for koays
#47 Posted by Koays (11483 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh....wake me when its July

Avatar image for hawk2916
#48 Posted by HAWK2916 (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Hickman plans to do something more with the Builders and Celestial's and all that was established in his Avengers and FF run now with the Xmen. Especially when the description of Powers of X promises to "pull back the curtain on the secret past present and future of mutantkind"

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#49 Posted by TDK_1997 (18744 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very excited about this. I just recently reread Secret Wars and Hickman's run on Avengers and New Avengers and I have to say that after reading everything for a second time - this is one of the biggest masterpieces in Marvel's history.

Hickman can write complex characters like no other, his grasp of villains is incredible by making even the B-, C- list ones looking major and as menacing as the A-listers.

I am excited for these two X-Men titles because it means that the X books can go back to their former glory. However, we have a bit more time to wait and see.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#50 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9374 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

@ursaber said:

@ursaber: The Red suit is an updated version of her 90’s suit.

Cept the coloring and the detail are pretty bland. Blue and red, everyone has that. Her orange and blue was more unique. Also, the mask on the sides makes her face look somewhat fat at times.

I’m all for the Phoenix thing with an x in the middle, but I don’t think we need anymore skin tight suits in my opinion. The reason the Phoenix outfit gets a past for me personally is because it is a classic and has some sort of classier Fantastic Four-vibe, Which usually handles cosmic problems, so it makes sense.

We can never have enough skin tight suits. Skin tight suits on men and women is the standard and its a good one. So long as its nothing like this, were good.

No Caption Provided

I love her Marvel Girl outfit. The miniskirt and mask gives her the feminine vibe that we don’t get from female superheroes unless it’s to show their boobs. And I’m pretty sure Jean has the luxury of not needing padding due to her telekinesis , so I see no problems. The mask gives her the superheroine look that we expect from classic supers. If I were to update the costume, I suppose give her a masquerade mask would be better. And longer gloves.

It looks ridiculous in the present time. The mask especially. It looks like an impractical party mask. If it was a domino mask like Nightwing's then it'd be better.

Everybody has full body suits and gear and here is Jean with a green party dress and mask.

ok we know marvel is planning something big for December 2019.......(not interested in "web of venom" or whatever it is )

after house ofX/powersofX all the x-men go back to wearing leather lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.