Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Has anyone read X-men No more Humans and if so is it worth buying?

• 58 results
    Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Has anyone read X-men No more Humans and if so is it worth buying? (18 votes)

Yes 44%
    No 56%

Waiting till my comic book retailer gets it tomorrow, but still don't know if I should buy it!

• 
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Wait, this is out today? I thought it got pushed back a month or so...mhm.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Had to place an order with my shop because they didn't have it. And sites are strangely silent on info....was this a prank? or did it get pushed?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

CBR seems to have quite a few people saying they've read it. amazon is listing it as in stock

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chapmar

My local comic shop has it as released today, but I could not check as the bank holiday pushed everything back (Ireland!) and I was only in really early.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up and I think it was fairly good. I think it is a little over priced for the story personally (I expected a 9.5 - 10/10 for $25 :-/ but...). I got it anyway (I love my mutants). I can't say with 100% certainty that it is worth picking up for everyone. It is in continuity but is also a stand alone story so it's not an essential book.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up and I think it was fairly good. I think it is a little over priced for the story personally (I expected a 9.5 - 10/10 for $25 :-/ but...). I got it anyway (I love my mutants). I can't say with 100% certainty that it is worth picking up for everyone. It is in continuity but is also a stand alone story so it's not an essential book.

i got my copy online for $18 but have to wait five, now 4 days to pick it up :( Was teen cyclops in it. one cover shows him on it then the next his replaced by kitty?????

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

how long is it? is it like reading a mini series or is it just expensive because of the hard cover?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@hopesummersforthefuture: No, Teen Cyclops was not in this.

@oldnightcrawler: it's pretty long and feels like a continuous and cohesive story. And the price has to be because of the hard cover. Based on the story I'd shave off $8 - $10 of the price if it wasn't a hard cover.

EDITED for correction

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

118 pages of story.

oh, so it's like more than 5 full issues.. well that doesn't seem too steep..

maybe I will check it out. Thanks a lot :v

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Koays
    Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon I will pick this up on monday. I could order it online for about 5 euro cheaper but I do believe somewhat in supporting my local comic shop (although that just enables them to raise prices..... hmmmmm)

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cwatz

I thought it was quite good. Somewhere in the 7-8 range. I have one little gripe regarding the ending, but the rest of the climax (and the rest of the book) was solid.

If you like x-books, its a great stand alone option if you feel like reading a little more. Its like a 5 issue arc with all the heavy hitters in it.

Avatar image for stormrocksthexmen
    StormRockstheXMEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the electronic version. I fount it worth the $13 for that.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

I reckon I will pick this up on monday. I could order it online for about 5 euro cheaper but I do believe somewhat in supporting my local comic shop (although that just enables them to raise prices..... hmmmmm)

oh i didnt know that. also at one comicbook store they charge an extra 50 cents and the other comicbook stores they dont. I only but the graphic novels online not the comicbooks

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright. For the price I paid on Amazon, I felt that it could've been better. What irks me the most is that they essentially had Phoenix act as a plot device yet again rather than having the X-Men being able to resolve the problem themselves. Also, the attitude towards Cyclops is getting real old. Both teams are always confronting each other, and despite having to work together on multiple occasions (BotA & WatX) they've made minimal progress in improving relations.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed...the constant abuse Scott is getting from the other side is getting very old. He had that moment with in WATXM with Wolverine where they seemed to at least part on good terms, Logan flat out saying he doesn't believe Scott killed Xavier under his own will...but here we are again with him calling Scott a killer and antagonizing him. Storm at least has been consistent with her attitude towards him, being hard and disapproving of his current agenda, but other than that being reasonable.

I must say I did like how the issue of leadership was handled, Scott didn't volunteer for leadership, instead Erik and Logan basically elected him. But Storm still makes her voice heard and her plan gets them the info they need.

couple downsides...old hanks attitude...EVERYONE else see's that following Scotts idea is necessary to save 7 billion lives, and Hank stands there accusing them of being graverobbers and not wanting to play a part. He has the gall to question others about making compromises on morals...when he alters time just to try and make Scott feel bad

and the phoenix-ex-machina solution to the problem. The Phoenix force is being overused hard recently. We just had a major crossover event deal heavily with it, its come up again in ANXM with the trial, and WATXM with Quire...now its the plot device to fix the problems here, enough is enough. An especially bad part of that was how the issue of the refugee mutants was swept completely under the rug...with just a general "we'll consider it" response from the Phoenix in regards to what would happen to them. Was a new world made for them? or were they sent back to their own realities to die? we don't know, and never will.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought the storywas pretty good. The interaction between some of the characters could have been handled a little better but for such a large cast, I found everyone played a decent part. I was really impressed with Jean's showings but my favorite part was the brief convo between her and Ororo.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@thunderbolt30: hmm.. how many pages is it?

118 pages of story.

Eh, for $24-25....what would you say you'd rank it scale of ten?

Something compelling but a lot less....plotty and plot-devicey. Remender's Dark Angel saga is an example.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Koays

Just got through it, and i gotta say the "shocker" was actually pretty cool, and the interactions were perfectly on point, though the ending was a little "easy way out:". Though i think this story will have to be revisited to get a good feel for it, i thought it was prettty good 8/10 as a stand alone.

And to those thinking that Scott bashing was in effect, i think the X-Men have a better grasp on his perspective then we think considering his thoughts during the climax

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm about half way through and I've been enjoying it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kidchipotle
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest complaint, not enough Magik (She only has like 1 line).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Sorry....thought I was being vague enough.

Thats ok when i read it i would probably spoil it even more, lol. Cause im mean :)

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chapmar

Yeah when I come out the other end of my weekly financial troubles I will get it on thursday!

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cwatz

I find it hard to think anyone wouldn't like it. Its not a crazy "omg must read", but if you buy x-comics already, and enjoy the material, its as good as anything out there pretty much. A 5-ish issue arc all at once. Its fun to watch the characters interact in this strange circumstance.

There are only really two problems with the book imo. One small component of the climax section (though the rest is very good, including the thing that causes the weak piece), and a certain section involving Beast roughly half way through the book. Not a big list of cons.

All of the main cast has great moments. No one gets shafted.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lateralus

@cwatz said:

I find it hard to think anyone wouldn't like it. Its not a crazy "omg must read", but if you buy x-comics already, and enjoy the material, its as good as anything out there pretty much. A 5-ish issue arc all at once. Its fun to watch the characters interact in this strange circumstance.

There are only really two problems with the book imo. One small component of the climax section (though the rest is very good, including the thing that causes the weak piece), and a certain section involving Beast. Not a big list of cons.

Magik does.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik does.

how so?

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said "main cast". Cyke, Wolvie, Storm, Jean, Mags, Emma, Beast.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was okay, fun read, but not carey's best. Biggest complain is that kitty doesn't do anything. She shows up, and poof she's gone again. Could ague this isnt really a valid complain of course, but I like Kitty...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read it. where exactly (or when?) in the current timeline did this happen?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Phoenix story? Thanks no thanks.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: Arguably last month after nightcrawler came back

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cwatz

@adamtrmm said:

The ending was too convenient and hurt the product, but for the first time in years phoenix provided some great moments. Storms pain and confrontation, Jean standing up to it (especially after everything in ANXM), Mags moment. All amazing.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwatz said:

@adamtrmm said:

The ending was too convenient and hurt the product, but for the first time in years phoenix provided some great moments. Storms pain and confrontation, Jean standing up to it (especially after everything in ANXM), Mags moment. All amazing.

Yea, it made it awesome because aside from the very end, Phoenix was a character in the story and not something for the whole story to move around. I liked it alot.

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cwatz said:

@adamtrmm said:

Yea, it made it awesome because aside from the very end, Phoenix was a character in the story and not something for the whole story to move around. I liked it alot.

Exactly. It also served for big character moments from the other characters. That is what people come to see.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwatz said:

Exactly. It also served for big character moments from the other characters. That is what people come to see.

Maybe, but from what I understand it's just not my type of story, there are so many X-books these days, if there's anything we have no lack of, it's character development. So I would like to see a unique/self-sustained story for a change, which this one I believe, is not?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the story was ok. I happen to like Mike Carey as a writer.

My Pros were:

It was better than the BOTA event for sure.

The art was good as was the idea.

This felt like a bit of Nostalgia with everyone working together as it should be. In fact this gave me hope for my idea of a team that comes together to handle certain big-time issues. Call it Astonishing Xmen and let them deal with Astonishing events. The bickering in this story was no more than normal in most team books, so this gave me hope of future instances were the team could work together hopefully just end the stupid schism and constant bitching about the other side.

This format imo is what the events, that we all know Marvel will not curtail, should be in. Just release OGN's with self-contained event under one writer's pen, while not having all the tie-ins and hijacking of the current flow of certain books.

My Cons were:

the inclusion of the Phoenix. This has been done to death and really is getting to be ridiculous and shows a lack of creativity.

The inclusion and use of the O5. I still maintain that this is a ridiculous premise. A story arc, possibly but not a book.

The Cyclops bashing is really ridiculous. The Xmen have accepted Magneto before. Look at people like Bishop or Wolverine himself. And Beast is the biggest f**king hypocrite. I for one think the character death thing in comics has been overdone, but this story along with most others involving Hank has made me wish for one more death and hopefully one that last as long as Jean's has (the real Jean)

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cwatz said:

Maybe, but from what I understand it's just not my type of story, there are so many X-books these days, if there's anything we have no lack of, it's character development. So I would like to see a unique/self-sustained story for a change, which this one I believe, is not?

The premise is very unique, and its fun to watch the characters interact in that situation. Mags in particular is interesting to follow. Its also pretty stand-alone, you dont need to be up to date in anything, other than maybe who Raze is. The only problem is the wrap up, though I stand by that same device also providing a lot of good moments.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwatz said:

The premise is very unique, and its fun to watch the characters interact in that situation. Mags in particular is interesting to follow. Its also pretty stand-alone, you dont need to be up to date in anything, other than maybe who Raze is. The only problem is the wrap up, though I stand by that same device also providing a lot of good moments.

Well "Mags moments" make me heavily interested, but you lost me when you mentioned Raze ;)

The wrap up was I believe about Phoenix?

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cwatz

Yes. It actually provided some really great moments for the first time in years, but it also deus ex machina'd the ending. A page with Storm was pretty emotional, Jeen after everything in ANXM was great to watch, and Mags had one of his several moments when he stood up to it.

Mags doesn't have like crazy, destroy everyone moments or something, but I thought he was the most interesting character in the book and his perspective on everything.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I thought the story was ok. I happen to like Mike Carey as a writer.

My Pros were:

It was better than the BOTA event for sure.

The art was good as was the idea.

This felt like a bit of Nostalgia with everyone working together as it should be. In fact this gave me hope for my idea of a team that comes together to handle certain big-time issues. Call it Astonishing Xmen and let them deal with Astonishing events. The bickering in this story was no more than normal in most team books, so this gave me hope of future instances were the team could work together hopefully just end the stupid schism and constant bitching about the other side.

This format imo is what the events, that we all know Marvel will not curtail, should be in. Just release OGN's with self-contained event under one writer's pen, while not having all the tie-ins and hijacking of the current flow of certain books.

My Cons were:

the inclusion of the Phoenix. This has been done to death and really is getting to be ridiculous and shows a lack of creativity.

The inclusion and use of the O5. I still maintain that this is a ridiculous premise. A story arc, possibly but not a book.

The Cyclops bashing is really ridiculous. The Xmen have accepted Magneto before. Look at people like Bishop or Wolverine himself. And Beast is the biggest f**king hypocrite. I for one think the character death thing in comics has been overdone, but this story along with most others involving Hank has made me wish for one more death and hopefully one that last as long as Jean's has (the real Jean)

I also really enjoyed the teamwork from this book, and the groups they sent out had a real Gillen "Extinction" feel, with all the heavy hitters in play, but it also didn't forget the school setting either. If this were the start of like an "X-Men World" title i'd be behind it just because of the way they put things aside the moment things took off

Gotta disagree about the Cyke bashing, since it felt necessary as sort of a reminder of the fact that his ideals don't line up with everyone else's at the moment, could've been done more subtle like they did in the scene where the Phoenix reads his mind and he's considering whether the world without humans is their only chance.

The Phoenix was actually kinda cool this time because it was Jean, but it went back to being extremely uncreative at the end.

But yea, Beast is a total hypocrite from his first objection onward.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Cyke's ideals may be different but its just another extreme compared with the rest. All Wolverine does is growl and fight. Beast is fine with endangering the timeline but anything else is a problem. Storm has been willing to kill but condems Cyclops. Its just hypocritical imo. That said they did recognize his tactical skills and field leadership. The bitching about Cyke just gets old for me and if they disagree so much with his methods then why not just take him out. Stop talking and do something if not shut up and move on because the xmen have shown before that they will accept anybody. So whats the problem now

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: True. But if they did, then Uncanny X-Men falls flat on its premise(which its always close to doing). Which is what it think it's really about, just reminding us there's a philosophical reason Cyke doesn't live at the mansion, even if its not the best one. Though, i prefer them disagreeing about his agenda too Cyclops and Logan arguing about whether he or the Phoenix killed Xavier. Plus i think the reason they don't take him out is because even among the leads at the JGS idk if everyone disagrees with him.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I understand that. And you are spot in about Bendis lol. I think the outlaw revolutionary could still work since Cyke is wanted by the gov't and Avengers and going after organizations that are against mutants and/or developing Sentinels. Also if they could expand Cyke's vision to going after governments that are anti-mutant. There can be different factions and different ways of achieving the goals. If the writers would just write good stories and fully develop well thought out premises we wouldnt need the cheap and constant reminders from hypocritical and badly written characters highlighting the differences in philosphy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.