Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Gambler's X-Men Thread

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By The_Ghostshell

She returned to her birth place, Wundagore Mountain, Transia. She is supposedly de-powered. Hawkeye came back from the dead (possibly a Skrull) and tracked her down. After they hooked up he left. She was talking about her Aunt Agatha, leading many to believe she is talking about Agatha Harkness (the woman who taught her magic) but she's been dead since before Avengers Disassembled. Most recently Beast tracked her down, looking for answers during the Endangered Species arc.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#202  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"She returned to her birth place, Wundagore Mountain, Transia. She is supposedly de-powered. Hawkeye came back from the dead (possibly a Skrull) and tracked her down. After they hooked up he left. She was talking about her Aunt Agatha, leading many to believe she is talking about Agatha Harkness (the woman who taught her magic) but she's been dead since before Avengers Disassembled. Most recently Beast tracked her down, looking for answers during the Endangered Species arc."

oh ok

so if she is depowered she couldn't be mutant zero right?

as long as she isn't another clone of MVP everything is alright lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By The_Ghostshell

According to her she's de-powered. Whether or not thats the truth is anyones guess. I don't think she is Mutant Zero though to be honest. Mutant Zero seems like Pyslocke. I know its not her, but she's portrayed as a ninja type character. Something Wanda simply isn't.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"According to **her** she's de-powered. Whether or not thats the truth is anyones guess. I don't think she is Mutant Zero though to be honest. Mutant Zero seems like Pyslocke. I know its not her, but she's portrayed as a ninja type character. Something Wanda simply isn't."

true

another question

is magneto still depowered?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Mutant Zero is a mutant that supposedly hasn't been seen since before M-Day, so not Wanda. Except if the one we've seen is a skrull.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By The_Ghostshell

fesak says:

"Mutant Zero is a mutant that supposedly hasn't been seen since before M-Day, so not Wanda. Except if the one we've seen is a skrull."

Whadya mean? Like they weren't a Mutant before M-Day? Damn, that means its not Dagger either.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Nighthunter

fesak says:

"Mutant Zero is a mutant that supposedly hasn't been seen since before M-Day, so not Wanda. Except if the one we've seen is a skrull."

didn't know that lol

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Gambler says:

"fesak says:

Whadya mean? Like they weren't a Mutant before M-Day? Damn, that means its not Dagger either.

"

Some of the hints they've given:

*Is a mutant

*Has not been seen since before M-Day

*Has been on several covers

*Has psychological problems

*Is recognizable for people that doesn't read comics regularly

*Is not one of the 198
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 10:07:01

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nighthunter says:

"Gambler says:
    "According to **her** she's de-powered. Whether or not thats the truth is anyones guess. I don't think she is Mutant Zero though to be honest. Mutant Zero seems like Pyslocke. I know its not her, but she's portrayed as a ninja type character. Something Wanda simply isn't."

true

another question

is magneto still depowered?"

Thats kind of a trick question. He was de-powered, but in the last issue (there are scans somewhere a couple pages back) his statements at the end would lead one to believe he is no longer de-powered.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "Gambler says:

true

another question

is magneto still depowered?"

Thats kind of a trick question. He was de-powered, but in the last issue (there are scans somewhere a couple pages back) his statements at the end would lead one to believe he is no longer de-powered."

oh ok I read that issue so I was kinda confused and wanted to know in which story had that happened lol

thanks Gambler

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Gambler says:

"So it still **could** be Dagger then. Except I don't believe she's recognizable to people who don't regularly read comics."

No, i think she was in Civil War.

Though it could be anyone if they pull the skrull explanation: 'No the Dagger in Civil War was a skrull, Mutant Zero is the real Dagger'

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By The_Ghostshell

So it still could be Dagger then. Except I don't believe she's recognizable to people who don't regularly read comics.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By The_Ghostshell

fesak says:

"Gambler says:
    "So it still **could** be Dagger then. Except I don't believe she's recognizable to people who don't regularly read comics."

No, i think she was in Civil War.

Though it could be anyone if they pull the skrull explanation: 'No the Dagger in Civil War was a skrull, Mutant Zero is the real Dagger'"

Thats right, she was in Civil War. I hope they don't pull the Skrull crap.

You got any guesses on who it might be?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maybe its the 616 version of Blink

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#215  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Maybe its the 616 version of Blink"

raises eyebrow

seriously?

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"Gambler says:

raises eyebrow

seriously?

M"

She fits most of the categories. (except being recognizable to the non-traditional comicbook reader)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Methos

i like it...

i'd definitely like to see more of Blink, they keep promising to bring her into the light more and if this was the case i think we could see some kick ass stories coming from her in the future...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    • Gambit and Rogue shall return in X-Men: Legacy

• X-Factor will be involved with the Secret Invasion

• A possible return for Dazzler? There are rumors

• The return of the Hellfire Club

• Excalibur involved with Secret Invasion?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#219  Edited By Andferne

Cool pic

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Yeah thats badass. Peter Wisdom trying to free Excalibur (the sword)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Methos

and quite weirdly it looks like the crosshairs are trying to aim for his family jewels lol

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"and quite weirdly it looks like the crosshairs are trying to aim for his family jewels lolM"

LMFAO, who knew the Secret Invasion took place in Pete Wisdom's pants.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Methos

i just say what i see lol

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"* Gambit and Rogue shall return in X-Men: Legacy* X-Factor will be involved with the Secret Invasion* A possible return for Dazzler? There are rumors* The return of the Hellfire Club* Excalibur involved with Secret Invasion?"

nice

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

That pic looks rather promising.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Gambler says:

That's a possibility.

At first i was certain it was Typhoid Mary, but i'm beginning to think that they actually will do the skrull thing.

Or they will retcon someone into being a mutant, like Elektra.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Typhoid Mary? I dont know if she'd fit the categories. I saw somewhere it was said that Mutant X is a well known character in the Marvel U, that she deserves her own cover. I don't think TM falls under that catagory.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Chameleone

Very nice

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Typhoid Mary? I dont know if she'd fit the categories. I saw somewhere it was said that Mutant X is a well known character in the Marvel U, that she deserves her own cover. I don't think TM falls under that catagory."

No i believe they said she has been on several covers already, and the she will be recognizable to people that doesn't read comics regularly. I just thought that last part was a hint that whoever MZ is has been featured in a movie.

But it doesn't matter since i don't think Typhoid has any powers like those MZ used in Initiative 10.

Some other guesses i've had is Madelyne Pryor and Revanche.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Chameleone

Gambler says:

"fesak says:
    "Gambler says:
    "Typhoid Mary? I dont know if she'd fit the categories. I saw somewhere it was said that Mutant X is a well known character in the Marvel U, that she deserves her own cover. I don't think TM falls under that catagory."

No i believe they said she has been on several covers already, and the she will be recognizable to people that doesn't read comics regularly. I just thought that last part was a hint that whoever MZ is has been featured in a movie.

But it doesn't matter since i don't think Typhoid has any powers like those MZ used in Initiative 10.

Some other guesses i've had is Madelyne Pryor and Revanche."

Madelyne Pryor is a good guess. Last time I saw her she was table dancing at the Hellfire Club."

Table Dancing?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By danhimself

Interview with Matt Fraction the new co-writer on uncanny x-men

So how did this new arrangement come about? Were you and Ed Brubaker just not getting enough of each other on Iron Fist?

Fraction: Basically, Axel Alonso asked. He had the idea of me and Ed working together on Uncanny. I wanted to do it and I jumped at the chance. We've had such a good time on Iron Fist, and we've become quite close working together – good friends and everything. With Iron Fist it seemed like no one was paying attention to what we were doing, so we were able to just go crazy and have a good time. Uncanny, though, is such a high profile book, and trying to bring that same zaniness and mania to it is sort of exciting.

When Alonso asked did he explain what exactly about the series he was hoping to change and what you might bring to Uncanny as a writer?

Fraction: Nothing specifically, but he knew Ed and he he knew how the two of us worked together on Iron Fist. I think he was looking for that same sort of spirit and energy.

Do you happen to know what Brubaker's plans were for the future of the series before Alonso brought you on board? Would he have stayed on the book and kept telling his own stories?

Fraction: I think Ed would have left. I think part of this was that Marvel was worried Ed was going to go. They wanted to keep Ed on the book and keep him fired up creatively. Between doing a year of the Shi'ar storyline and then going into Messiah Complex, I think Ed was just tired. You'd have to ask Ed about this, but my suspicion was that they wanted to keep Ed on an X-Men book and get him recharged if at all possible.

When you two first sat down to plot out your storylines, were you working from material Brubaker might have used in the future or did you actually start from scratch?

Fraction: We kind of came up with everything together. This arrangement has been in the works for more than a year. It came up a year ago from last Christmas. At this point it's 14 or 15 months in the making. It's just been a very well-kept secret. When we started to talk I think they had just figured out the ending of Messiah Complex. We've sort of been discussing things for a long time, going over Divided We Stand, and setting up S.F.X., which is what we're calling our stand on the book together.

Does that mean you're pretty far ahead in writing your issues?

Fraction: Well, we're pretty far ahead in planning it. We're like the Cylons, and we have a master plan. We're diligently heading toward it.

Which specific issue are you coming on board with?

Fraction: Issue #500. After that I'm writing 501, 502, and 503 solo, and then Ed comes on for, I think, 504, 505, and 506. We've co-plotted everything together and then we're just handing off script-writing chores individually.

And that's how you're planning out the whole run, where you plot the stories together but script the issues individually?

Fraction: Yeah, yeah. We've sort of broken down the story as a team, but my issues are mine and Ed's issues are his.

What state are the X-Men in as Divided We Stand ends and S.F.X. Begins?

Fraction: They're destroyed. There ain't no more. They're not coming back. They've all, as a race, taken this big leap of faith against extinction. It's real. There are less than 200 mutants on the face of the Earth now. It's a bad time to be a mutant. Nobody cares. Nobody pays attention. If you're a mutant and you get hit by a bus walking across the street because you're not paying attention, the entire species is one step closer to being obliterated from the planet.

It's a profound place to be, you know? So everyone has taken this leap of faith, or is at least trying to convince themselves to take it. The end isn't near – the end is here.

Are there any specific characters you love as a fan and want to work with in your stories?

Fraction: There are actually a million specific characters I'd like to work with. One of the things I'm most excited about with the way we've designed S.F.X. is that we have a very large ensemble cast, but each arc will focus on a smaller group of characters. So it's not like we're locked to a specific team to where, no, Nightcrawler will never show up because we already have eight guys. Ed has people he wants to write and I have people I want to write, and there are, of course, some shared characters.

Uncanny is very much the showcase, flagship book of the X-Men universe. It's Grand Central. We've got lots of people moving in and out and each chapter will be focusing on different clusters of characters. And sometimes it'll just be single character standalone issues too. The idea is to have a big enough cast to where we can follow whomever we need to from moment to moment and have the support cast change as we go along.

The way the X-books have been set up lately is that each book follows a different subsection of the team and most of the characters don't cross over or inhabit multiple books. You're saying Uncanny is going to focus on the entire lineup of the X-Men?

Fraction: Right. I mean, your core group of guys will always be there – Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Beast, Nightcrawler, Colossus – but the tertiary characters will rotate in and out of the book. Pixie is going to be a big character. She's going to be our Kitty Pryde or Jubilee character for this story. She'll be popping up a lot. Karma makes an appearance in issue #501, but she's not going to necessarily be a regular team member. It's organically structured in the way that we can focus on the whole X-Men family, you know what I mean?

Sure.

Fraction: Something like X-Force has a very rigid membership and an important membership where each character plays a very specific part in the story. That's what X-Force is. With Uncanny it's much more about the X-Men as a whole.

Hopefully Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men will have wrapped up by the time Uncanny X-Men #500 arrives. Is there anything you're trying trying to take from his approach to the X-Men, either in terms of making Uncanny the flagship book or just in terms of plot elements?

Fraction: I hope we're just going to aspire to keep telling high quality stories like that. I know that Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men: Second Stage is tremendous. We've already got a really high bar to shoot for. Everybody wants Uncanny X-Men to be on top of the reading pile again. That's what we're trying to take from Joss' stories – that "gotta read it now" compulsion. Hopefully we'll be able to write those sort of high caliber, compulsive stories.

How would you describe your background with the X-Men? Are there any older storylines that you're drawing inspiration from as you write your issues?

Fraction: I think everybody remembers the era they read as being the best. Whenever you started reading the X-Men is the best time period to you. I'm a big fan of the Claremont/Romita, Jr. run. Anything could happen to the X-Men – this monster, dynamic sort of soap opera that could just obsess you. The dedication any X-Men fan feels to the characters is very profound, so we're taking inspiration from that. We're working towards the next level of innovation of those early Claremont years.

The other big announcement regarding Uncanny X-Men this week is that Terry and Rachel Dodson are coming on board as the regular series' artists. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Fraction: I'm beyond excited. I love Terry and Rachel both. They're one of my favorite teams in comics. They draw some of the best looking comics in the world, and they're a perfect fit for X-Men. I can't wait to write the ultimate Dodson comic book, both as the guy writing the comic and as a longtime fan. I can't wait to write the Terry Dodson comic I've always wanted to read.

So you're already trying to frame your scripts around the Dodsons' particular artistic strengths?

Fraction: Oh yeah. I always try to write specifically for whomever I'm working with. It's always a pleasure when you're a fan of who you're writing for, and I just adore their work. I definitely try to write to their strengths.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By The_Ghostshell

fesak says:

"Gambler says:

Some other guesses i've had is Madelyne Pryor and Revanche."

Madelyne Pryor is a good guess. Last time I saw her she was table dancing at the Hellfire Club.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By danhimself

what powers does mutant zero have?

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Vulcanmax

Why Blink? Is she some what unstable? and wasn't she like dead from before Generation X was formed by Frost and Banshee?

another thing are we certain that this mutant hasn't been seen since before M-day. I haven't been able to find that particular hint yet. I am not discounting it but somewhere else someone had posted that among the hints given was that Mutant Zero was recognizable by non X-title readers but that was never stated. I could be splitting hairs but it kind of shifts the list of candidates if such hint was mistaken.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By fesak  Moderator

fesak says:

"Gambler says:

"

I just checked Typhoid's handbook entry and she has the ability to implant mental suggestions in the mind of unspecting individuals. That was exactly what she was doing in Initiative 10.

She also has Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, exceptional skills in bladed weapons and is an highly formidable hadn-to-hand combatant.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By The_Ghostshell

fesak says:

"fesak says:
    "Gambler says:

"

I just checked Typhoid's handbook entry and she has the ability to implant mental suggestions in the mind of unspecting individuals. That was exactly what she was doing in Initiative 10.

She also has Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, exceptional skills in bladed weapons and is an highly formidable hadn-to-hand combatant. "

Daaaaamn, you may be onto something. I don't know though, if there really serious about Mutant Zero being a character that people who aren't everyday comicbook readers will recognize, I don't think she fits the billing.

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Vulcanmax

@ danhimself:

It's been said that she has more powers thou or more would be revealed of her powers over time however this is set of powers will most likely be that which can be identified to at least a group of mutants, that way they intend to keep everyone guessing.

I do like the Typhoid as a suggestion thing is I wouldn't recognize her if I did see her. I remember a character who went by that name during the X-men tv show on Fox. she was made a horseman of Apoc and their was the Elektra movie but that was just odd.
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 15:49:04

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Gambler says:

"fesak says:
    "fesak says:
    "Gambler says:

"

She also has Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, exceptional skills in bladed weapons and is an highly formidable hadn-to-hand combatant. "

Daaaaamn, you may be onto something. I don't know though, if there really serious about Mutant Zero being a character that people who aren't everyday comicbook readers will recognize, I don't think she fits the billing."

Typhoid was in the Elektra movie. It doesn't matter that it was crappy, there were still more people that saw it than reads comics.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thats true. I'm hoping for someone better but the more you keep posting the more I think you may be right.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yeah. I'd rather see that it was Blink though. I think they said she would be big in 2008, but they wrote her out of Exiles.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Madelyne Pryor is a good guess. Last time I saw her she was table dancing at the Hellfire Club."

Issue name, number and date please good sir :p

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Hahaha, hold on.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Methos

waits patiently

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Methos

thank you good sir...

and just incase you missed it, the funniest quote from the Thor thread...

Gambler says:

"Grandrakon says:
    "So your saying that SUPERMAN WILL BEAT THANOS"

I'll say it. Thanos is Marvel's Darkseid. Why couldn't Superman beat him?"

gets down on one knee

serious voice - i think i love you...

M

heh :D

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Here's teaser.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By The_Ghostshell

o_O lol

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Methos

i love it...

you said, without any prodding from anyone, that Superman would beat Thanos...

that made my night lol

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm glad I could help :P

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Methos

you did, that made my week, it made trawling through the Superman Vs Thor thread worth while lol

M

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Nice pic of Pryor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.