Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Final X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer

• 114 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

20th Century Fox has released the final trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse. Things are looking pretty bleak for Mystique, Professor X, and the rest of the X-Men as they have to band together to take on the threat of Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen.

Check out the trailer below.

Here's some screengrabs:

X-Men Apocalypse lands in theaters May 27, 2016.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

I know it's Jennifer Lawrence, but I hate that Mystique is the main character in these movies, my only real complaint.

This trailer is... Ok... I guess. And haha. Magneto /Quicksilver relationship confirmed, Marvel. :p

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman:

Yeah, especially when Magneto is more interesting.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's Jennifer Lawrence, but I hate that Mystique is the main character in these movies, my only real complaint.

This trailer is... Ok... I guess. And haha. Magneto /Quicksilver relationship confirmed, Marvel. :p

Yeah after the comics went out of their way to make them not father and son anymore.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

It's.......so beautiful.

Curve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOOOOOOOLVERRRRRRIIIIIIIIINE

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This is an apocalypse, isn't it?"

"I apocal."

- Jyn Lawrence

For real, though. This movie looks awesome.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited to see cyclops get some action hopefully it won't be short lived like in the other movies. But other than that this movie just doesn't look good to me. Probably the one I'm least excited for this year. Wish singer would just do something else.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah me too. I know Mystique did run the X-men for like 5 minutes in the comics, but when I think of X-men I don't think of Mystique as a frontrunner either, plus we got so much J-Law in the last 2 movies.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Sweet. Can't wait!

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOLVERINE! Now I'm gunna have to see this movie.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JonSmith

Quick question: Why on Earth, of all the ways Storm could use her powers, especially with a presumed Apocalypse power-up, would she go all Sith lord to have a blast throwdown with Cyclops? Of all the things she could do, of all the things I can only assume it would be EASIER for her to do than project lightning from her fingers, she does that.

Oh, no. Don't send down an instant lightning bolt to blast them through the head. Don't summon a cyclone, or a blizzard. Don't do literally anything except the one thing he can beat. No, project lightning bolts from your fingers in just such a way that Cyclops can perfectly counter it.

And I continue to ask WHY Mystique is at the forefront? She has no business being there. She's actively being diminished by being in the spotlight. Not to mention the person playing her really isn't charismatic enough to hold a lead role like this.

But hey, Nightcrawler seems cool. Wolverine's back, though for an all too brief exciting moment when I saw the claws and the cut to black my brain suddenly thought, "X-23?!" Before remembering that she had two claws in her hands. Shame.

Rest of it looks good though.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

For some reason, the X-men movies have rarely ever focused on the actual X-men, it's almost been exclusively about the stories from Wolverine, Mystique or Rogue's perspectives and the leader, Cyclops (at least he is in the comics) is pushed to the rear, given few lines and little presence.

The closest we've seen is probably First Class but that was more about Prof. X and Magneto

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buttersdaman000

For some reason i'm not nearly as hyped for this movie as I was DoFP.....

Also, i'm sick and tired of J Laws Mystique; I hope she dies in the movie :/

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So far, Psylocke is starting to look more and more impressive, Nightcrawler's awesome, Apoc does come off pretty menacing, but Mystique doesn't really to be on the side of good. I mean, as much as I love JLaw and all, this doesn't set right for me having a Brotherhood Of Mutants member leading the X-Men. Still, the movie does look really good. That Wolvie scene was great, too.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@curve said:

WOOOOOOOLVERRRRRRIIIIIIIIINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith:

Are you actually asking why Storm doesn't instantly kill Cyclops? Do you even watch movies? That's like asking why the Eagles didn't fly Frodo to Mordor.

Mystique has all the business being the leader. She's the only one in the context of this universe who can lead/train the students. Beast and Xavier are primarily teachers; they have little fighting experience. Cyclops and Storm are far too young.

FYI, Wolverine was never a team leader, not until the movies came out and his popularity skyrocketed even more. I don't remember people complaining this much back then. Mystique, on the other hand, has always been a team leader(Brotherhood, Freedom Force, X-Factor etc.), and we've had two movies of character development to justify her change in personality.

EddyEmmerich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel this movie might be kind of a surprise hit. People have been focusing more on BvS and Civil War so it's more of an after thought. Hopefully this is just as entertaining as Deadpool.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer has gotten me hyped for the movie but I still hate Mystique.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn Quicksilver's powers will be OP, he is running way faster than an explosion.

deitydeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#Operating on the idea that your post was not sarcastic, the answers are simple.

@jonsmith: Quick question: Why on Earth, of all the ways Storm could use her powers, especially with a presumed Apocalypse power-up, would she go all Sith lord to have a blast throwdown with Cyclops? Of all the things she could do, of all the things I can only assume it would be EASIER for her to do than project lightning from her fingers, she does that.

Someone - a writer, Singer, a studio head - said "Wouldn't it LOOK cool if Storm and Cyclops had a 'beam fight'"? That is the sole concern. No thought as to logic, reason or strategy. Willing suspension of disbelief on goes so far and when it veers off into nonsense (as you pointed out) the more intelligent viewers tune out (sadly, the more intelligent viewer represents the extreme minority of movie goers so this will not be going away any time soon).

@jonsmith: And I continue to ask WHY Mystique is at the forefront? She has no business being there. She's actively being diminished by being in the spotlight. Not to mention the person playing her really isn't charismatic enough to hold a lead role like this.

Because Jennifer Lawrence is popular right now and the majority of movie goers go to see people they like (or more accurately THINK they are supposed to like) instead of the on apparent merits of the movie itself - the 'star' system if you will.

Remember, studios make movies for MONEY, not for the FANS and have no regard for source material - with the unique exception of Deadpool of course.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Mystqiue Everdeen will lead the mutant rebels against President Apocalypse Snow!!!

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That trailer has got me so hyped!!!...And i,m so glad Quicksilver finally revels Magneto being his father as fact. And boy did i get excited when i saw that hand.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: *SIGH* I feel you my friend...IT's OK my buddy *crying* sniff it's ok *crying*

This movie is eh because i'm seeing A LOT of Magneto and Mystique LOVE in this movie. And DANG IT was hoping Wolverine wasn't going to be in this movie......., but of course they couldn't help it they couldn't have him not be in a movie NOT even once.

JESUS!!! Help Marvel Get the X-Men back.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Oh God,Wolverine is in the movie.Well I'm only excited for him and the action,nothing else.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@jonsmith:

Are you actually asking why Storm doesn't instantly kill Cyclops? Do you even watch movies? That's like asking why the Eagles didn't fly Frodo to Mordor.

Mystique has all the business being the leader. She's the only one in the context of this universe who can lead/train the students. Beast and Xavier are primarily teachers; they have little fighting experience. Cyclops and Storm are far too young.

FYI, Wolverine was never a team leader, not until the movies came out and his popularity skyrocketed even more. I don't remember people complaining this much back then. Mystique, on the other hand, has always been a team leader(Brotherhood, Freedom Force, X-Factor etc.), and we've had two movies of character development to justify her change in personality.

because they would have been spotted. DUH /s

I haven't had the chance to see her be a bad girl though...there was a flash back of her killing someone in an alternate timeline but she was never shown the queen b*tch that her comic counterpart was. That's fine with me, but I can see why her movie version would bother some fans....just have to go in realizing this movie isn't the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer would've been much better without Jennifer Lawrence. I hope they kill her off this time tbh. But this trailer was probably the best and did hype me up a bit. Still it's at an ok level. Magneto, Professor X, Quicksilver, Cyclops and Wolverine are the only reasons I'm watching this. I don't care about anything else.

INB4 Quicksilver and Magneto all of a sudden care for each other and Quicksilver convinces Magneto to become good again. And it is terribly done and very cheesy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94:

Ah, because a grieving, broken man who just lost his family wouldn't be moved upon discovering he has three children. What a cop out that would be, right? This movie needs some more Martha.

/s

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

No, I'm not asking why Storm doesn't instantly kill Cyclops. I'm asking why they'd construct a fight scene involving her that makes no sense. Imagine this for me: It's the climactic final battle. Cyclops is going to throw down with a mutant whose only power is incredible skill in martial arts... And for no apparent reason, they have Cyclops decide to take him on in hand to hand combat, no optic blasts. That's basically what's happening here: Storm could do any number of things for a battle, but instead does the one extremely specific thing that Cyclops can directly counter. If they want to have a Cyclops vs Storm fight, there are ways to do that without having either of them do something stupid, but this isn't it.

As for Mystique being the leader due to her fighting experience... Yeah, that doesn't really hold water. Beast is by far better suited to being the leader: For one, his motives/loyalty are unquestionable. For two, his powers are far more suited to leading from the front on the battlefield than Mystique, whose powers actively revolve around nobody even knowing she's there. Which is kind of hard to do when you're trying to lead a team of inexperienced mutants. In terms of that fighting experience, Beast has been around just as long as Mystique. May not have gotten offscreen development into a bada**, but he's just as knowledgeable an X-Man.

And as for Wolverine skyrocketing into a leadership position without complaint: That's because Hugh Jackman could carry the part. He nailed, and continues to nail, the part of Wolverine. He had the charisma to hold that position, so nobody minded. Mystique's actress, on top of filling in for the previous (much better) actress, does not come even remotely close to that level of charisma. The original movie Mystique? Sure, I could buy HER leading a team. Magneto's out of the picture? Oh, definitely. She was cold, competent, ruthless. She had very few lines but I remember two of them quite well, ("It's because of people like you I was afraid to go to school as a child." And, "Because we shouldn't have to." Being the reason she doesn't disguise herself) both of them completely selling her conviction more than the past two movies with... whatshername... Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique. Give me a movie with that Mystique's Brotherhood, I'm down. But this one? Please.

You say we've had two movies of character development to justify her change in personality... Pray tell, where was that? 'Cause I missed it. I seem to recall she was Xavier's childhood friend, then Magneto seduced her into revealing her true self, at which point she became all about mutant pride (Her "Mutant, and proud!" line is the only line of hers I remember purely because of how laughably ridiculous it is). Which apparently meant in the sequel she was all about killing government officials, only to stop at the last second, and now she's back to being on Xavier's side against a greater threat, regressing back into hiding her true form most of the time. 'Cause I guess she got tired of the makeup involved.

She's had two movies with a big center focus to sell her portrayal of Mystique, way more room and opportunity to grow/develop, and she hasn't. She's done what the plot needs her to, flip-flopping between the backstory they made for her of Xavier's childhood friend from First Class and a pale shadow of the femme fatale from the first two X-Men films as needs demand. Which, in the hands of a more competent actress, could be accomplished quite well. In hers, however? Nope.

Too long, didn't read: My complaint isn't with Mystique being portrayed in a leadership position, my complaint is with Jennifer Lawrence's portrayal of Mystique not being good enough to believably carry/be deserving of a leadership position.

#Operating on the idea that your post was not sarcastic, the answers are simple.

Because Jennifer Lawrence is popular right now and the majority of movie goers go to see people they like (or more accurately THINK they are supposed to like) instead of the on apparent merits of the movie itself - the 'star' system if you will.

Remember, studios make movies for MONEY, not for the FANS and have no regard for source material - with the unique exception of Deadpool of course.

Completely serious, man. And I had a feeling that'd be the answer to why Storm'd do that. I was just kind of hoping there'd be a better one. I couldn't imagine what that might BE, but I hoped. As for Jennifer Lawrence and the 'star system'... Ugh. Just.... ugh.

Ooooh... That looks promising. It's a shame we won't get old/blind Jeremy Renner and old/grumpy Hugh Jackman team up, but an Old Man Logan movie where instead of escorting Hawkeye, he's taking X-23? I'm down. Especially if they bring back Origins Sabretooth, given he was the only good part of that movie, and they need a good antagonist without... well, all the Marvel villains. And Hulk, the main antagonist of that story.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like this trailer better than the last one. ALRIGHT, FINE, I'LL SEE THE MOVIE.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: You just counted 5 reasons you wanted to see it, you can't say I don't care about anything else.

Magneto will probably be the best part of this movie as well.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw my greatest hero wolverine claws.

Avatar image for racksonracksonracks
    racksonracksonracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

straight fire

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This trailer is really good.

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

Yes!!! It wouldn't have been a real Apocalypse story without Wolverine

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: come on you know smiting people with lightning is fun

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@jonsmith:

**dead** lmao

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Quick question: Why on Earth, of all the ways Storm could use her powers, especially with a presumed Apocalypse power-up, would she go all Sith lord to have a blast throwdown with Cyclops? Of all the things she could do, of all the things I can only assume it would be EASIER for her to do than project lightning from her fingers, she does that.

Oh, no. Don't send down an instant lightning bolt to blast them through the head. Don't summon a cyclone, or a blizzard. Don't do literally anything except the one thing he can beat. No, project lightning bolts from your fingers in just such a way that Cyclops can perfectly counter it.

I didn't have a problem with that because that's basically how Storm usually starts her offense - projecting lightning bolts from her hands is generally her opening, and she only gets fancy if that is ineffective. It's also a callback to the time Storm was effected by a telepathic illusion somewhat.

Also, I doubt the Storm in this movie is experienced enough with her powers and in combat to effectively use her other abilities in a combat situation nor would she have enough knowledge on how Cyclops' powers work to think to use anything else. Basically, Occam's Razor - why get fancy when the thing that usually works is a straightforward lightning bolt?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
    deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you know, waaaaaaaayyyyy too much Jennifer Lawrence. Again.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite Mystique's disproportionate focus in the movie, it looks incredible.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fox really needs to let the guys from Deadpool have control over the X-Franchise...let the guys who actually read the comics make these movies

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rogueshadow  Moderator

It's annoying because I think J-Law is pretty flat as Mystique, wish they'd stop pushing her.

Snikts are love, snikts are life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.