Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Favourite titles of 2000's

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I'm curious to know how popular are the X-Men titles of 2013/2014. Please list your favourite titles of 2000's. It can be any series from 2000 to 2014. You can list X-Force or X-Factor titles. You can also list any solo titles that have been released over the last 14 years.

Here are mine

1) X-Force (Kyle & Yost)

2) X-Treme X-Men (Chris Claremont)

3) X-Men Legacy (Mike Carey & Christos N. Gage)

4) All New X-Men (Bendis)

5) Cable and X-Force (Dennis Hopeless)

6) X-23 (Marjorie Liu)

7) Uncanny X-Force (Rick Remender)

8) Uncanny X-Men (Bendis)

9) ) Ultimate X-Men( 2001 to 2002)

10) All New X-Factor ( Peter David) or X-Men (Brian Wood) 2013/2014 or Ed Brubaker The Uncanny X-Men.

The 10 spot was hard decision, I'm really like Peter David All New X-Factor, I think it's one of the best titles of 2014. I also like Brian Wood X-Men, I loved the fact the X-ladies are getting there own series and I loved the fact that Jubilee is in the spotight. The writing hasn't been great, but the line-up is really cool.

I forgot to add Ed Brubaker brief run' The Uncanny X-Men': issues 475 to 499. That was a good run with stories like The Rise and Fall of the Shi'Ar Empire and Divided we stand.

I am also going to add Magneto series, Cullem Bunn is doing a great on the series.

As you can see I have listed my top 11 X- titles over the last 14 years. I would appreciate if you can list your favourite X-titles of the last 14 years. You don't have to list your top 11. I would appreciate it , if you could. If not then, just list your top 6.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

what I was enjoying:

1. Astonish X-men (Whedon)
    2. New X-Men/Academy X
    3. New Mutants (2009)
    4. Uncanny X-Men (Bendis)
    5. X-Factor (Peter David)
    6. X-men/ X-men Legacy (Mike Carey)
    7. X-Men v4 (Brian Wood)
    8. Uncanny X-men (Gillen)
    9. Mystique
    10 Emma Frost (Bollers)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

what I was enjoying:

1. Astonish X-men (Whedon)

2. New X-Men/Academy X

3. New Mutants (2009)

4. Uncanny X-Men (Bendis)

5. X-Factor (Peter David)

6. X-men/ X-men Legacy (Mike Carey)

7. X-Men v4 (Brian Wood)

8. Uncanny X-men (Gillen)

9. Mystique

10 Emma Frost (Bollers)

That's a nice selection. I'm glad you included 2 solo titles in there. Mystique and Emma Frost solo series was pretty good. I liked X-23 series more. You included X-Factor, do you mean X-Factor investigations with Madrox and Siryn.

Aquaneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

1. New X-Men ( Morrison )
    2. X-Factor ( David )
    3. Astonishing X-Men ( Whedon )
    4. Uncanny X-Force ( Remender )
    5. Magneto ( Bunn )
    6. Ultimate Comic X-Men ( Spencer )
    7. All New X-Men ( Bendis )
    8. Wolverine and The X-Men (Aaron )
    9. X-Force ( Kyle and Yost )
    10. Uncanny X-Men ( Bendis )
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Yea I think I just like Laura better as a character when she's part of a bigger cast with people to play off of, her solo didn't do much for me by the time jubilee an wolverine showed up.

Emma and Mystique just showed how badass/cunning they could be on their own.

But yea I was talking X-factor investigations it's probably the strongest X - title in terms of consistency.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've got to be honest I mainly read Wolverine stuff, so for me, Enemy of the State, Old Man Logan and Aaron's Wolverine run are my favourites so far.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Djainess

Hmm I'd say (not really in order):

Astonishing X-men (Whedon)

New X-men (Morrison)

X-Force (Kyle & Yost)

Uncanny X-Force (Remender)

Uncanny X-men (Bendis)

There are probably more series that should be in my list, but these are the first I thought off.

Oh, and @bezza Old Man Logan was great ^^.

Edit: How could I forget X-23: Innocence Lost by Kyle and Yost (seriously this was an amazing mini series)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaneto said:
    1. New X-Men ( Morrison )
    2. X-Factor ( David )
    3. Astonishing X-Men ( Whedon )
    4. Uncanny X-Force ( Remender )
    5. Magneto ( Bunn )
    6. Ultimate Comic X-Men ( Spencer )
    7. All New X-Men ( Bendis )
    8. Wolverine and The X-Men (Aaron )
    9. X-Force ( Kyle and Yost )
    10. Uncanny X-Men ( Bendis )

You like Magneto new series, that's cool.

@koays said:

@time: Yea I think I just like Laura better as a character when she's part of a bigger cast with people to play off of, her solo didn't do much for me by the time jubilee an wolverine showed up.

Emma and Mystique just showed how badass/cunning they could be on their own.

But yea I was talking X-factor investigations it's probably the strongest X - title in terms of consistency.

I think your right about X-Factor investigations, the writing was pretty good. It doesn't make my top 10 cause, I wasn't a fan of all the characters. I like X-23 solo, I was annoyed when it came to end, then she join the Avengers.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

I've got to be honest I mainly read Wolverine stuff, so for me, Enemy of the State, Old Man Logan and Aaron's Wolverine run are my favourites so far.

Wolverine cool. I like some of the titles too.

@djainess said:

Hmm I'd say (not really in order):

Astonishing X-men (Whedon)

New X-men (Morrison)

X-Force (Kyle & Yost)

Uncanny X-men (Bendis)

There are probably more series that should be in my list, but these are the first I thought off.

Oh, and @bezza Old Man Logan was great ^^.

Edit: How could I forget X-23: Innocence Lost by Kyle and Yost (seriously this was an amazing mini series)

I like X-23 mini series, What do you think of Marjorie Liu X-23 series.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

For ongoing series only...

1. X-Treme X-Men

2. Uncanny X-Men (Claremont)

3. Ultimate X-Men (Wood)

4. Uncanny X-Force (Remender)

5. X-Men (Wood's 1st run)

I don't have 10 yet. I am sure Amazing will get toward the top of the list under Yost/Kyle, and the jury is still out on Wood's current X-Men run and Latour's WatX, which I like better than Aaron's so far.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. X-Treme X-Men

3. Ultimate X-Men (Wood)

I don't have 10 yet. I am sure Amazing will get toward the top of the list under Yost/Kyle, and the jury is still out on Wood's current X-Men run and Latour's WatX, which I like better than Aaron's so far.

That's good list. I only want people to list there favourite titles from the 2000's, none from the 1980's or 1990's. If you can swap a series for Uncanny X-Men (Claremont), what will it be ?

I think your right Amazing X-Men will get better, with kyle and Yost.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I didn't care for the cast when it started either but they quickly grew on me. And I picked up the final issues of X-23 hoping for an explanation for the Avengers jump but it never really made much sense to me. It was like she was the only one who took the schism so seriously

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@time: I didn't care for the cast when it started either but they quickly grew on me. And I picked up the final issues of X-23 hoping for an explanation for the Avengers jump but it never really made much sense to me. It was like she was the only one who took the schism so seriously

Well I didn't really any of the Avengers books that X-23 appear in. I thought her solos series started of pretty well. I like her chemistry with Gambit and Jubilee. Peter David did write the characters very well. I'm started like his All New X-Factor more, I'm looking forward to see what he does with Gambit.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

1. X-Treme X-Men

3. Ultimate X-Men (Wood)

That's good list. I only want people to list there favourite titles from the 2000's, none from the 1980's or 1990's. If you can swap a series for Uncanny X-Men (Claremont), what will it be ?

All of mine are from 2000 to current. Claremont also had an Uncanny X-Men run in the 2000's. It was during the time Storm had her XSE team (Storm, Bishop, Sage, Rachel Grey, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Cannonball).

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time said:

Claremont came back to Uncanny X-men from 2004-06, (issues #444 to #474).

@thunderbolt30 said:

kind of forgot about Wood's run on the last volume of X-men (vol.3), but it was my favorite X-men at the time; granted, that time was during AvsX and his was the only book it didn't cross over into, but I still think it was a solid run.

I considered putting X-Men (vol.4), but it's been pretty up and down. I loved the first 4 issues, and I loved the last two (13 and 14), but there hasn't been a lot in between that I really thought was all that great. Good moments, but not a lot of solid issues; it kind of feels like if I just skipped from issue 4 to issue 13 I wouldn't even feel like I was missing anything.

I'm really enjoying Latour's Wolverine & the X-Men (vol.2), but with only 4 issues in, it just feels too soon to say..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

kind of forgot about Wood's run on the last volume of X-men (vol.3), but it was my favorite X-men at the time; granted, that time was during AvsX and his was the only book it didn't cross over into, but I still think it was a solid run.

I considered putting X-Men (vol.4), but it's been pretty up and down. I loved the first 4 issues, and I loved the last two (13 and 14), but there hasn't been a lot in between that I really thought was all that great. Good moments, but not a lot of solid issues; it kind of feels like if I just skipped from issue 4 to issue 13 I wouldn't even feel like I was missing anything.

I'm really enjoying Latour's Wolverine & the X-Men (vol.2), but with only 4 issues in, it just feels too soon to say..

So true. This title drags so heavily and I have been pretty underwhelmed over all with Wood's current run. I hope he closes his run in a strong way and then (hopefully) Guggenheim will kick this book up a few notches so we get a solid story from start to finish. This book she be a lot more awesome and impactful.

I have also been enjoying Latour's run for the most part, but I am really exhausted on the focus on the Phoenix Force. His writing is pretty entertaining and has a good amount of action....but I need a break from the PF for, at least, the next 10 years.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So true. This title drags so heavily and I have been pretty underwhelmed over all with Wood's current run. I hope he closes his run in a strong way and then (hopefully) Guggenheim will kick this book up a few notches so we get a solid story from start to finish. This book she be a lot more awesome and impactful.

I have also been enjoying Latour's run for the most part, but I am really exhausted on the focus on the Phoenix Force. His writing is pretty entertaining and has a good amount of action....but I need a break from the PF for, at least, the next 10 years.

To be fair, it seems like at least some of the problems with Wood's run have been due to editorial mandate

• being included in the Battle of the Atom crossover right after the first arc kept the book from gaining traction and/or it's own distinct voice,
    • then he lost not only Kitty to Bendis, but also Rogue to Uncanny Avengers (which is a good book, but still)..
    • the arc after BotA was kind of weak, sure, but on top of having to replace members of his team, he also seemed to have to split up and pan out the arc for marvel's All-New Marvel Now! Point One #1 initiative..
    • and though this much may be conjecture, I can't help but feel like the kind of pointless resurrections of Deathstrike, Maddy, and Selene was another task he just sort of got saddled with, which would explain why so much of that arc just happens without any follow through.

seriously, if you read issue #4 and then just skip to issue #13 (as though it were issue 5), it really just seems like that's the way the story was meant to go in the first place. Though there may not be any justification for 8 mediocre issues in a row, from where I'm sitting it seems like he got screwed just like the rest of us.

Totally agree about WatX-men, though; If I never heard about the PF again I really wouldn't mind. That said, aside from the plot device, I really am digging everything (else) about this book.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, it seems like at least some of the problems with Wood's run have been due to editorial mandate

• being included in the Battle of the Atom crossover right after the first arc kept the book from gaining traction and/or it's own distinct voice,
    • then he lost not only Kitty to Bendis, but also Rogue to Uncanny Avengers (which is a good book, but still)..
    • the arc after BotA was kind of weak, sure, but on top of having to replace members of his team, he also seemed to have to split up and pan out the arc for marvel's All-New Marvel Now! Point One #1 initiative..
    • and though this much may be conjecture, I can't help but feel like the kind of pointless resurrections of Deathstrike, Maddy, and Selene was another task he just sort of got saddled with, which would explain why so much of that arc just happens without any follow through.

Totally agree with this especially the bold

Though I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt because of what seems like a lot of interference from the higher ups. He still made my list for having one of the better recent runs, despite one clumsy arc, during a time when we needed it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Exactly. His proto-mutants story was still one of the better runs of 2013, and the current Bloodline story is already looking to make good on the promising things from the first arc of this book -despite all the bumps along the way. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yea, though if the current arc does deliver the way it seems to be building for, i'll be very disappointed that his run is coming to an end. Especially since much like his last run ending do to AvX, it would be partially cut short do to things out of his control.

Kingrulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought both xforce runs were pretty sweet. Was definetly a new spin.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I though Liu's series was good, but I didn't always like the art...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Roddy010

1. X-Treme X-Men

3. Ultimate X-Men (Wood)

Pretty much this. I will also like to add Pak's series for Storm but it hasn't come out yet. As well as Grant Morrison for New X-men. Despite the love triangle, he established Jean as a powerhouse as well as a competent headmistress. I'm some what enjoying Bendis' take on the character and her power development.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Yes Bendis is really developing young Jean. I dropped Uncanny & All New right at the end of BOTA, but I saw some scans of taking on Gladiator and the preview that was just released for issue #29 today :-O...! She's already becoming a beast.

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New X-Men

X-Force (K+Y)

CaXF

X-Force (Spurrier) slow starter, but this thing has got potential

X-23 (Liu)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

1. X-Treme X-Men

3. Ultimate X-Men (Wood)

All of mine are from 2000 to current. Claremont also had an Uncanny X-Men run in the 2000's. It was during the time Storm had her XSE team (Storm, Bishop, Sage, Rachel Grey, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Cannonball).

@time said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

You guys are right I forgot about Claremont run in the 2000's, he was writer of Uncanny X-Men before Ed Brubaker took over. I thought Victor Gischler was the writer of X-Men(vol.3). The story that started with the X-Men fighting vampires ?

New X-Men

X-Force (K+Y)

CaXF

X-Force (Spurrier) slow starter, but this thing has got potential

X-23 (Liu)

Do you mean Grant Morrison New X-Men or Kyle & Yost ?

1. X-Treme X-Men

3. Ultimate X-Men (Wood)

You mention Ultimate X-Men, do you mean Ultimate X-Men that started in the early 2000'S and ended 2002, cause that series had a variety of writers or Ultimate Comic X-Men with Nick Spencer.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

X-Force/X-Statix > All

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

X-Force/X-Statix > All

do you mean Kyle and Yost X-Force ?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Nope, Milligan and Allred's.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@time: Nope, Milligan and Allred's.

Did that series come out in 2000's

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: yes and liked both Spencer's and Wood's runs, but I liked Wood's the most.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

"You guys are right I forgot about Claremont run in the 2000's, he was writer of Uncanny X-Men before Ed Brubaker took over. I thoughtVictor Gischler was the writer of X-Men(vol.3). The story that started with the X-Men fighting vampires ?"

Wood had a good run near the end of that series, from X-Men #30 - (Blank Generation, Part 1) to #37 - (Human Being, Part 2); while all of the other X-books were about AvsX, his was the only book that wasn't. He was sort of laying the groundwork for descent among Cyclops' side that would lead to Storm, Psylocke, and Pixie returning to the school.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd say:

1) New X-Men by Morrison;

2) Astonishing X-Men by Whedon;

3) X-Factor/All New X-Factor by David;

4) Uncanny X-Men by Gillen and then by Bendis(if I refuse to see what he did to Emma, but then the title is quite good);

5) Uncanny X-Force by Remender;

6) X-Force by Spurrier(?), it started weakly but I'm starting to like it a lot;

7) Uncanny Avengers by Remender... is this a mutant title?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Here are mine:

1) Academy X/New X-Men by Kyle and Yost

2) X-Factor by PAD

3) Uncanny X-Force by Remender

4) X-Force by Kyle and Yost

5) Uncanny X-Men up to Messiah Complex

6) X-Men by Austen then Carey

7) Ultimate Comics X-Men by Spencer and Wood

8) X-treme X-Men by Claremont

9) Astonishing X-Men by Whedon

10) X-Men Legacy by Carey

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By Cutter

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

Here are mine as well...lol...This...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Astonishing X-Men (Whedon)

New X-Men (Morrison)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

Uncanny X-Men had a lot of writers before the Messiah Complex story arc.

They had Joe Casey,Chuck Austen, Chris Claremont andEd Brubaker. Can you confirm which series from these writers that you like.

@cutter said:

@papad1992 said:

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

Hey cutter, you also agree with @papad1992 can you confirm which series too.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@time said:

@papad1992 said:

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

They had Joe Casey,Chuck Austen, Chris Claremont andEd Brubaker. Can you confirm which series from these writers that you like.

@cutter said:

@papad1992 said:

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

Well I'd say from about issue #390 or so to Messiah Complex (around 2001) that's when I started back into X-Men comics. So from there till Messiah Complex. After then, it's all downhill from there :(

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@papad1992 said:

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

@cutter said:

@papad1992 said:

Here are mine:

2) X-Factor by PAD

Well I'd say from about issue #390 or so to Messiah Complex (around 2001) that's when I started back into X-Men comics. So from there till Messiah Complex. After then, it's all downhill from there :(

Sorry I was a little late...lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.