Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Fatal Attractions deserves more respect.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

I know the art is dated now but I really think this story deserves more love. It was loaded with great scenes, Magneto has never been more badass, Exodus had one of my favorite villain intros ever (He dropped the entire X-Force alone without breaking a sweat).

On top of that it was just a great story. I'm not saying its equal to the Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix arcs but it should at least be in the conversation when we're talking about the best X-Men stories.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: It also features Wolverine being damn near ripped apart and Magneto just devastating Cable. Magneto was just a beast all thru this arc right up to the point when Professor X finally looses his s**t and mind wipes him.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Was probably the last good story of the 90s.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh, I guess. I enjoyed Fatal Attractions a lot more than AoA, but it's still a vapid 90s comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a great story.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, not really. Outside of the main X-books and the Wolverine title everything else (X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur) was like filler. Magnetos plan and insanity was a bit too "cartoony", I have never cared for 90s creations like Exodus and the Acolytes, I never understood why the death of his sister would be enough to make Colossus defect after he lived with the fact that she was a potential Demon god of limbo for years, and Wolverine losing his adamantium and becoming more feral was an idea taken from Claremont.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I'll agree that Exodus kind of fizzled out, but it was still a damn fine intro for the guy.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I think FA was probably the best X-over of the 90's, but it's weakest element is kinda that it was line-wide..

The best way to read Fatal Attractions is to read

Reading the build-up to the story in Uncanny X-men gives it a lot more weight, and the other crossover issues aren't really necessary.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I hear a lot about FA and considered reading it. But currently I am reading Age of Apocalypse & Phalanx Covenant and Laawwwddd.... 90s comics are rough and I am getting board.. And all the guys are waaayyyy too ripped. The dialogue is poorly written a lot of time. And is painfully/ unnecessarily wordy.

Imo, the 80s and 2000s and up (More or less) were the best times for comics.
    But maybe FA will be my last dance with 90s comics.

It's crazy because I love the 90s TV show, but cringe at that era in comics.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I won't lie, there is some 90s cheese on it but IMO its one of the best X-Men crossovers.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

FA was a good crossover, best read with the run up to it, though!

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good 90s story.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto becoming the messianic cult leader who make even people like Exodus call him "lord" was of course an impactful and iconic happening, with a development and image that was like cosmically better than the first and utterly lame Brotherhood of "eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil" Mutants iteration in terms of making Magneto a definitive and essential leader among the mutant race and in that grand design reestablishment, the event was a success. That, and the Rasputins' tragedies, that were heart-breaking. But with that said, Magneto's return to villainy, albeit its gloriousness, shouldn't be making us forget that it was NOT the "best" development that could and should have been.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.