Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you like Wolverine and Jean Grey as a couple?

SourWolf97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like Wolverine and Jean Grey as a couple? (157 votes)

Yes 36%
    No 62%

This is pretty much my first post in here so, hello to everyone! As you may guess with my profile pic and all, I love Logan x Jean as a potential couple. I know it's not meant to happen in the comics, but, a man can dream ;) so... I just want to know, how do you feel about them being together?

• 
    kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By kiba

Ew no. Ick!

walter5james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: took the words right out of my mouth.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody wants this

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

O__O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody wants this

35% of this poll says different.

No Caption Provided

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By del_torro

Must be a glitch or something

Avatar image for deactivated-5b14cb2231c90
    deactivated-5b14cb2231c90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the 1980's Scott and Jean but recently he has been very unfaithful to everyone. He cheated on Madelyne for Jean, then proceeded to fall in love woth various other people including Emma Frost, Betsy Braddock, X-23, Bloodstorm, and other people like Colleen Wing and Lee Forrester when he thought Jean was dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b14cb2231c90
    deactivated-5b14cb2231c90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Scott and Jean. Whenever he is in a relationship with someone, he keeps getting distracted.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean and Scott. But it shouldn't be easy.
    If they are gonna pair Jean and Scott again, i has to be earned. Even if it takes several years and other pairings in-between.

Wolverine and Jean should never happen. If anything it will neuter their characters. Storm and Wolverine is a direction that fans and writers have been trying to make happen. But it just won't stick. The only one that i thought was truly right (yet doomed) was Mariko. Logan should perhaps just stay a loner.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @pyrofn: ok i just re-read this whole old thread...........

1) i still think wolverine as connected to a werewolf.......he is not a mutant

2) Stephan lang even though he is a bad guy was on the right track....

3) i want jean with a mutant(a must)

No Caption Provided

sorry, not sorry byeeeeeeee!!!

SammyGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure why not, think it would be fun to read about them

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol no pls keep that gross beast away from Jean forever. Wasn't she just a teen when he started lusting after her? And for years kept making advances on her knowing well that she is in a serious relationship with a teammate of theirs.

HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By HonikerX

I didn't like them as a monogamous couple, they'd have to break up?

if she's Aphrodeiti she's already married anyway, shh, who? "I'm hardly aware of how, mutated, you think I really was. We don't want to scare, the x-mutant, he's, understanding, of our humanity and they've gone and horrified him. Why? Did you think I wasn't me?"

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the 1980's Scott and Jean but recently he has been very unfaithful to everyone. He cheated on Madelyne for Jean, then proceeded to fall in love woth various other people including Emma Frost, Betsy Braddock, X-23, Bloodstorm, and other people like Colleen Wing and Lee Forrester when he thought Jean was dead.

i kind of like it when emma cheated on scott with namor........................scott didnt forgive emma for that ever since AvX........gives scott a taste of his own medicine.....

so now we have jean was cheated on and scott was cheated on.......maybe scott and jean will understand each other more better......and if phoenix resurrection indicated how jott is,,,,,, they will be fine

@pyrofn :P XD XP

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc8daab15c82
    deactivated-5bc8daab15c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say just let Logan and Jean be together, and lame dick Scott be with his bondage queen.

SammyGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i say let Jean be with that ugly Wolverine and Scott can be with me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say just let Logan and Jean be together, and lame dick Scott be with his bondage queen.

LOL i was thinking let jean be with scott and logan can be with scott's bondage queen :P XD XD

we all know both emma and logan like it ruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Isn't she always bringing him down? Anyways with Logan, Jean would get someone who is loyal, and devoted to her, with Scott? A cheating bastard that goes after the nearest psyhic, whenever her back would be turned.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By marvelfan1992

@brokenoverlord: let's not pretend logan is innocent. For years, literally years, he was hounding her and making advances on her knowing full well she was in a long-term relationship. That's a scumbag to me. You don't do that, especially when the other guy is your teammate. Jean also kissed Logan multiple times while in a relationship with Scott, she has been unfaithful, she ain't no saint either.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brokenoverlord: let's not pretend logan is innocent. For years, literally years, he was hounding her and making advances on her knowing full well she was in a long-term relationship. That's a scumbag to me. You don't do that, especially when the other guy is your teammate. Jean also kissed Logan multiple times while in a relationship with Scott, she has been unfaithful, she ain't no saint either.

wolverine loyal? who he himself said was a thug??? lets not forget the time he cheated on storm

No Caption Provided

logan had a lot of wives and girlfriends.........who knows how much this guy cheated on them

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

SammyGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By SammyGothic

@marvelfan1992ty, for some reason people only blame Scott for everything but have selective memory when it comes to Jean and Logan but oh well.:

@brokenoverlord Scott is the most interesting char to me, he was the reason i got into X men in the first place. He is my second fav comic book char after the Scarlet Witch.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By marvelfan1992

@sammygothic: and at least Scott cheated with someone hot. Logan was a short, hairy, feral, ugly, rude man. I'd be so offended if I were Scott lmao just kidding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well damn me to hell for having an opinion, I'd just like to see my favorite character get the girl that he's been pining for who knows how long, but whatever this is all moot anyways. Marvel won't let him have anyone, I doubt even Mariko Yashida, now that she's alive and kicking, which is just sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Logan and Jean should be together, anyways there's a spare one running around with a spare Cyclops, put the young ones together. In the end it's a win-win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
    deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well I rather like Logan as loner rather than as couple to anyone in marvel universe because I think that what suits him as a an x-men or an avenger who always took over his responsibilities rather than personal affairs But if I choose a person for Logan than it will always be Jean because over the decades it has always been proved how much he loves her throughout the titles of both wolverine and x-men and even Jean knows his feelings how much he is been through over the years (i. e brainwashed and mind controlled).But since jean choose Scott over Logan than I must say that it was for the best for both Logan and Scott because I think everyone likes Wolverine the way he was meant to be i.e a bad-ass superhero. I guess that makes him the best there is at what he does.....

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan I think loves the idea of Jean more than Jean herself.

A lot of the X-men basically deify Jean and put her on a pedestal. Very easy to forget person you consider a saint is in the end still a flawed human being like everyone else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, its part of the reason I don't like Logan/Jean. Its him pursuing her because he idolizes what her and what she represents.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what, I'm flip flopping again. He's better off alone, keep that weird chick away from him.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never did.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I haven’t mentioned this in awhile, I don’t like them as a couple. ;p

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
    deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I ship Jott, so...

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Logan works so much better as a loner, and honestly his constant obsession with Jean has gone on for so long it's become downright creepy. And in many ways it seems that he never really understood her, unlike Scott who has always carried traces of her--especially visible in the Utopia arc. The biggest problem with Logan is that he's Jean's temptation, and her giving into him has always seemed like a parallel to her giving into The Phoenix. They are both enticing and fiery, but get too close and you get burned. Besides, I don't think Logan could handle being Jean's second. Emma did surprisingly well with Scott's constant remembrance of Jean, but I feel like Logan would get pissed at Jean for having fond memories of her marriage to Scott.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Logan is a person having different kind of relationships with different women but the conclusion of his relationships always came to a bitter end and he moved on.But through several decades one thing will always remain common in his life i.e his love for Jean which was proved in several occasions .But Jean's feelings for him was not love but gratitude ,and comic writers always tangle things up between them .Therefore I think Logan will always remain a loner or a single because that's when he become the person who is the best there is at what he does otherwise he will become a character which is common with all superheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njchrispatrick: Logan was never obsessed with Jean ,he missed her since she died ,there is difference between obsession and 'being missed' and if you have read comics of wolverine he never had to keep Jean's traces because through every different individual experiences like wolverine goes to hell,books by Greg Ruchka and storyline of Uncanny X-Force Dark Angel Saga ,it was shown how much he missed her through his memories.His love for Jean never ended .Logan had never get pissed off for Jean having memories with Scott because by just reading x-men red annual where old man logan avoided jean doesn't prove that he was pissed of at her because if you have read books of old man logan and extraordinary x-men ,he had avoided every woman he ever loved like Storm or Mariko because he thinks that those woman he ever loved had died in his hands directly or indirectly therefore he thinks that it's better off being away from each other then being close and old man logan never had relationships with women was proved in his individual comic books series because he already lost his own son ,daughter and his wife .And by the way Logan's love was also proved even when Jean was alive because throughout the series of 'new x-men' he avoided jean even when jean's relationship with Scott was jeopardized shows that Logan was not obsessed with her and always wanted jean to be happy with her life ,this shows how much he loves her.But for jean's point of view i think she does not love Logan but her feelings for him was gratitude not love therefore I think It was always 'one sided love'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njchrispatrick: Yes Logan was attracted by jean's temptation which was parallel to phoenix but he never loved jean through attraction because his love was always true towards jean.This pic was taken from his individual comic series where he was trapped by a demon possession in his mind and he suspected that it could be the manifestation of phoenix or the demon but Jean told her that she was real jean which he had been holding for years ,this show that he truly loved Jean ,even though on various occasional events he was attracted towards phoenix 's manifestation

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan works so much better as a loner, and honestly his constant obsession with Jean has gone on for so long it's become downright creepy. And in many ways it seems that he never really understood her, unlike Scott who has always carried traces of her--especially visible in the Utopia arc. The biggest problem with Logan is that he's Jean's temptation, and her giving into him has always seemed like a parallel to her giving into The Phoenix. They are both enticing and fiery, but get too close and you get burned. Besides, I don't think Logan could handle being Jean's second. Emma did surprisingly well with Scott's constant remembrance of Jean, but I feel like Logan would get pissed at Jean for having fond memories of her marriage to Scott.

well said

@ashetdust: @biswaboxz: @pyrofn the problem is jean.........both scott or logan or whoever(beast?warren?most of the mutant mule populace) claim to love her but as soon as she has the hint of phoenix..........there either scared for her(scott) or want to kill her so she dont turn dark phoenix(logan)......

marvel is trying to sell us a "new and approved" jean who doesnt have any trace of the phoenix.........we all know jean and the big bird is inseparable eventually lol

(i dont like the way this "infinity stones crisis" is going.......i wouldnt be surprised if they reboot it then bring it back to this point......like the second secret wars)

As for logan and jean........i still cant see it happening.......i think logan sums it best when he said this vv

No Caption Provided

I ship Jott, so...

im also a die hard jott fan lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I know that logan and jean can be never be together because over the years jean had shown gratitude towards many friends but mostly it has been consistent towards logan one way or another ...but showing gratitude towards a person and loving a person is completely different ....But as I said before it doesn't mean logan never loved her out of attraction or jean's temptation which is parallel towards phoenix because over the years his feelings for jean had grown more even after her death as I mentioned above .And i even mentioned before that logan was satisfied for jean's relationship with scott with TIME because if u truly believe what old man logan said to jean since he was pissed off due their marriage then I must say u haven't got that right .... because om logan had already been through a life with a family and his life has already ended in terms of relationship because he had rejected to show his feelings towards Storm and Mariko....therefore he was not hesitant to tell jean he has no feelings for her .... as it was said in x-men red annual ....I think what really creeps me out when jean grey of earth 295 rejected logan,although she was the one who wanted him to stay with her when they first met .But afterwards she told him this words "I don't want to pretend that this is something it isn't Logan".I think

they were perfect match for each other.Pls don't tell why then I have to tell the whole age of apocalypse ....anyways it was totally out of my head .By i really prefer jott relationship over scemma because I hate emma's character personality and it hadn't changed over years when Cyclops and she were having relationship. The return of phoenix will come sooner then expected due to the x-men 's franchise movie of dark phoenix which is releasing in Feb 2019

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: i want the return of cyclops very very soon........then i want a little logan/jean/scott/emma drama the bold means logan and scott fight over jean/jean and emma fight over scott lol...........then i want jott 2.0........it will be sad that there not married anymore, i guess they can get remarried in like 20 yrs lol

@pyrofn this pic reminds me of pyrofn as ms marvel and me as wolverine LOL/jk VV

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By PyroFN

@njchrispatrick: Woah, I'm a little late. Let's see here.....

1) Wolverine did understand her, especially so in Morrison's run, where Jean not only talked to him about Scott, but about her growing powers and her connection to the Phoenix. That was why he rejected a relationship with her after they kissed. He knew she chose Scott and, as ironic and late as it was, finally respected that, even in her vulnerable state where Scotts distancing from her face her doubts.

2) Scott isn't an angel when it comes to Jean in the creep factor. Not only was his sordid affair with Emma involved role-playing of Dark Phoenix Jean, but the fact that he suddenly decides that he loves Jean again later down the line after proclaiming to Emma and to Jean in Endsong that he loves Emma, not Jean the same way as he did back then and reaffirming this belief to Emma whenever she starts complaining about his constant thoughts of Jean in their relationship. Wolverine may have been a creep, but at least he had shown that he was certain of what he wanted and didn't waver in that.

3) Logan was a temptation and that was only a bad thing, not because he would do her wrong or be a bad partnwr, but because she was already with Scott. It was bad to want Logan while in a relationship, something Logan himself has always reaffirmed to Scott whenever Jean becomes a subject in their bickering. Had Jean not chosen Scott, Jean most likely would have entered a relationship with Logan, which could theoretically have been good for Jean in some ways, bad in others. Scott may be different, but honestly, he currently would be worse for her than anyone else, short of villains and anti-heroes.

4) You feel like Logan would have a problem with Jeans fond memories of Scott, yet Logan has been on the sidelines the whole time watching Jean go with Scott. He has not once displayed hostility towards Jean about Scott and most likely wouldn't if they were together. If the scenario did play out like you say it would, Jean would have knocked some sense into his temper with her powers like she did in Inferno and then talk him through his feelings. Emma may have handled Jeans memory well, I agree, but even she has fought with Scott over how he always thinks of her, even at one point using her powers to make an illusion of herself as Jean to taunt Scott. Logan isn't normally hostile with Jean and I can't see any relationship where he would be, no matter how angry he gets. At worst, he would run away on his motor cycle to think, wanting space because he is a loner. Every couple will have their big fights, but Logan would love Jean too much to give up on her unless she is the one to end things. That is their dynamic in the reationship. Jean sets the pace, whether she wants him to stop coming in to her like h ow she expressed to him during the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas or if she wants him to get close like in Endsong. It would be Jean who says no more, who would be unlikely considering her loyal nature (as her relationship with Scott shows, even after their big fights)

@hopesummersforthefuture: If that is your reasoning, I say wrong. If the man in question really loved Jean, they would stick by her even through her time as Phoenix. As it stands, all boys have not run from her because of Phoenix, they stayed away because of Scott. Scott ran because he felt the ridiculous notion that she wouldn't understand him and chose Emma in the end, until he lost Jean again and we had to go through with his back and forth of 'I will always love Jean' and 'I chose you Emma, I love you'.

Edit: Also, girl please. We both know that it's the other way around with your obsession with Mott and my grumpy nature towards that shipping.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pyrofn: You make some excellent points. I do agree that Wolverine understands her, but it definitely took time, and I think at this point he knows they wouldn't work well together. That isn't to say they couldn't evolve as people to the point it would work--the same way Scott and Jean grew apart--but one thing I did like about Morrison's Logan was how distanced he was. I could see them getting together at some point if the cards lined up, but honestly I think it would either be Jean/Scott--both due to history and MArvel probably using that when they reboot--or just her on her own. Maybe even with someone knew. (I hope not Han kthough)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f
    deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For prominent solo characters like wolverine, the best pairings seem to be the ones that are with characters who are already their book's supporting characters, e.g. Superman-Lois, Peter-Mary Jane. Because as soon as you pair them with a character who is also present in another team or book, that character will have to be reduced to a supporting character in the solo character's books, e.g. Black Panther and Storm (even though Black Panther isn't nearly as prominent as Wolverine), which is not really what they're meant to be. And when you pair them with other prominent solo characters, it's a nightmare to adjust both books to the relationship, which is, I guess, one of the reasons DC finished Superman-Wonder Woman in New 52 (besides the high demand for Pre-Flashpoint Superman-Lois of course).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @LordMordor: I have some questions about Logan just on curiosity basis

1. What would have happened to Logan if Logan began to remembers his past when jean was still alive (just want answers based on relationship)

2. Why did Jean Grey of Earth-295 rejected his relationship with Logan ,when she was the one who wanted to Logan to live with her on the first place or is it marvel who don't want alternate universe relationship because either way she would have died or become the heir of apocalypse.It really freaks me out to see that when they first met ,the feelings that they shared with each other makes me think that they were just perfect for each other ,in terms of every aspect...She had said this words before going back to her alternate universe *I don't want to pretend that this is something it isn't Logan " .....I have no words to explain about this so i just needed some answers as a wolverine fan....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @hopesummersforthefuture: If that is your reasoning, I say wrong. If the man in question really loved Jean, they would stick by her even through her time as Phoenix. As it stands, all boys have not run from her because of Phoenix, they stayed away because of Scott. Scott ran because he felt the ridiculous notion that she wouldn't understand him and chose Emma in the end, until he lost Jean again and we had to go through with his back and forth of 'I will always love Jean' and 'I chose you Emma, I love you'.

Actually I think the other way around when Logan said to Scott that Jean was too strong to give in what she really wanted and he was too scared,the truth is if u have read the books of x-men forever Logan was not scared of Phoenix and if Jean had made commitment towards Logan as she did in x-men forever......then even Scott couldn't have stopped her being with Logan.....therefore I think it was always steared towards the decision of Jean rather than anyone else........Well as i said Logan was not scared of Phoenix because he said to Jean that "Jean is Phoenix ,Phoenix is Jean,It has to be Jean because it is what gives her perspective,it's where she finds hope and she has to where she came from and to show us where to go".I might not be entirely correct but i think as @pyrofn said they might have much more stable relationship with Jean than Scott because some people might say Logan might had ditched Jean like she did with Storm ,but Storm was satisfied about that because they never had made commitment with other(casual relationship) and Jean and Logan had already made that decision on X-Men Forever. But i think when Jean was possessed with Dark Phoenix ,Jean wanted Logan to kill her ....which i think it was totally depended upon Jean's Decision, But as he said before if she had forgotten where she came from and if she had pushed him far too long then Logan might have made the decision of his own to kill her, just like it was done in End Song and Phoenix Resurrection ......but have u ever thought this circumstances was never faced by Scott in terms of Dark Phoenix...well it might be the reason that Jean never wanted that for him to made this decision....but what if he had to make this kind of decisions under circumstances where no one is near her only Scott?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: i hate speculating........................and we probably wont know the answers till like when scott comes back(2 yrs ish)

well i do feel grumpy with scemma fans

i still think a possibility of jean being phoenix will haunt both scott and logan forever..........its marvel's way to give them a out "unnecessary drama"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.