Do you guys think hickmans x men will be down to earth type story or huge sci fi ?

#1 Posted by Supermanthor (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone ?

#2 Posted by JCG79 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Hickman ever write a down to earth story before?

#3 Posted by Koays (11607 posts) - - Show Bio

Glorious scifi.

Though unfortunately were likely to see our favorite X-Men trope.....TIME TRAVEL!

#4 Posted by PyroFN (6637 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Well, if the Phoenix was to come back, surely we’d have time travel as well. Rachel is the Phoenix aspect and he time travel aspect. So both confirmed! Let’s riot peeps!

#5 Edited by cattlebattle (17777 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Though unfortunately were likely to see our favorite X-Men trope.....TIME TRAVEL!

LOL, your favorite character is the result of superfluous time travel.

#6 Posted by Koays (11607 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

LOL, your favorite character is the result of superfluous time travel.

Pftt....My favorite character did it first.....second...but she's responsible for the first so it doesn't count!

#7 Posted by Thunderscream (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

I 'm curious how this mutant fusion thing is going down (if that's what it is) or if these are future descendants or something else. Could the alien looking fauna framing the preview art place our X-Men upon Krakoa, in the Savage Land yet again or on another planet?...whichever way it goes, it looks like pure sci-fi.

#8 Posted by HAWK2916 (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think it's Sci-fi which is fine with me. Hickman established more information on the Builders and Celestial's. If Marvel has a big three I would think it's the FF, Avengers and Xmen. Seems to me his FF and Avengers were linked together,so him tackling Xmen might be an in depth continuation of that.

I definitely don't want any time travel or Phoenix stuff. Unless he redefines the Phoenix and what it is. There's also the smallest slightest hope that Hickman has separated the Xmen into their in universe but I know that's wishful thinking

#9 Edited by Morpheus_ (34669 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be surprised if Reed (or some alternate version of him), Doom and adult Franklin Richards don't appear at some point.

Hickman isn't really the writer you hire for down to earth stories. That doesn't mean his writing is not sufficiently moving, or that it does not involve character moments. What I can assure everyone is that if his run is as long-lasting as his F4 and Avengers, he'll have strong detractors because contrary to the former two, the X-Men have an incredibly vocal fanbase. Morrison is perceived as Satan for his NXM on CV and you'd think his run is on par with Chuck Austen's Uncanny, for instance.

So I give it a few months until "Bendis vs Hickman, who ruined the X-Men more" threads pop up. I'm sure I'll have a blast with Hickman's writing, like I always do.

#10 Posted by adamTRMM (9364 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman... Down to Earth... Lol

Even Secret Warriors didn't feel down to Earth.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (18774 posts) - - Show Bio

I am surprised that anyone would think that Hickman would do something down to Earth with the X-Men. None of his stories have ever been that and he just loves going big with big franchises. So, it would be something grandeur with the X-Men as well and I can see many people on CV totally hating his run and what he is doing with the characters. I mean he did post his Top 5 mutants of all time and Jean Grey, Cyclops and Wolverine were nowhere to be seen lol.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#12 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6689 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Hickman... Down to Earth... Lol

Even Secret Warriors didn't feel down to Earth.

#13 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11932 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: @tdk_1997: Spot on , I surely agree with your ideas of the posibility of Hickman not pleasing everyone and a bit of a comparision with Morrison´s.

I had to search for a bit when I called something similar months ago, lol. @adamtrmm.

And while is´t not exactly the thing I wanted (a long run) I´m excited.

No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by adamTRMM (9364 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass:

There were pages of me and some other guy debating the possibility of Hickman taking over.

As saying goes, my body was ready quite a time ago.

Besides, unlike Morrison and his crap taste, Hick isn't a sinner and has Maggieboy as number 1 mutie. He's already infinitely better.

plsdontmessupX100000000

#15 Edited by AsheTDust (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic sci-fi.

I’m actually pretty excited to see what he does with these two minis.

It absolutely has to be better than the stuff we’re getting with Age of X-Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.