Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you agree with these statements or disagree.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I created this thread to see if people agree with me or disagree with me. You also can post your own statements about the X-Men franchise.

1) Cyclops saved the species, a lot of people tend to think this is true. I don't. I think Cyclops contributed to saving the mutant race, but didn't saved the mutant race. Hope Summers, Scarlet Witch and the Phoenix Force save the mutant race.

2) Uncanny Avengers is one of the worst X-Men titles, if you can call it X-Men title.

3) Emma Frost has help Cyclops become the man he today and she done more for Cyclops than Jean Grey ever did. A common statement made by a lot of X-Men fans. I think this completely untrue, it sounds like people are giving Emma Frost too much credit.

4) Marvel never should of cancel Cable and X-Force.

5) Rogue and Gambit should get back together.

6) Emma and Scott breaking up was best thing for X-Men comics, cause nothing happened in the relationship. They didn't moved forward at all.

7) We should see more of Boom Boom and Warpath in the spotlight.

Do you agree with these statements or not. Share your own views please.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

1. Agree but Wanda really didn't do anything but help stop the P5
    2. Agree
    3. They've both helped each other change and grow. I don't think she deserves all the credit just like when people say Cyclops is the sole reason for her being a better person.
    4. Agree
    5. Agree
    6. Disagree The relationship went as far as it could. Scott has already gotten married twice and both of his wives have died. Emma isn't the type to marry no matter how much she loves someone. They worked as a couple without adding extra drama.
    7. Agree I like both of them
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

1) Agree, at the least he sure as hell tried.

2) Agree

3) Agree

4) Disagree

5) Don't care

6) More or less agree (with the breaking up bit, at least). They were good together, but what Scott did to her during AvX was not ok, and I don't think their relationship is salvageable (or should be salvaged). Still, Scott developed so much during their relationship, and I think he and Emma brought out the best in one another.

7) Meh. I'd like to see more of Warpath, at least.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok, well then

1) Disagree? I think that Cyclops is the champion of the mutant race, since he never gave up his belief in the Hope/Phoenix/Restoration idea, and was willing to go to any all lengths to see it done.

2) Disagree, I'm actually curious why you'd think this ?

3) Agree, I think that being with Emma was a big part of his character arc, but i the entire X-Men world changed at least twice during the same time period, and that had just as much effect (or more) then Emma.

4) Agreed, while i like the current X-force....Cable's cast was a whole lot stronger and the mystery's were better.

5) Agree, just not anytime soon. Some day in the far future...just not now.

6) Disagree, Scott and Emma had arguably the most stable relationship in X-Men. Their combined character arcs of Emma trying to make things work as an X-man, and Scott trying to lead the X-Men and Mutants through the darkest period in their history, were both made better by the fact that they had each other as supporting characters. Plus it gave them both more depth as it made Emma seem less cold and "above it all", and Cyclops more complex since they were so different.

7) Agree, i support Boom-Boom

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@time said:

I created this thread to see if people agree with me or disagree with me. You also can post your own statements about the X-Men franchise.

1. Cyclops saved the species, a lot of people tend to think this is true. I don't. I think Cyclops contributed to saving the mutant race, but didn't saved the mutant race. Hope Summers, Scarlet Witch and the Phoenix Force save the mutant race.
    2. Uncanny Avengers is one of the worst X-Men titles, if you can call it X-Men title.
    3. Emma Frost has help Cyclops become the man he today and she done more for Cyclops than Jean Grey ever did. A common statement made by a lot of X-Men fans. I think this completely untrue, it sounds like people are giving Emma Frost too much credit.
    4. Marvel never should of cancel Cable and X-Force.
    5. Rogue and Gambit should get back together.
    6. Emma and Scott breaking up was best thing for X-Men comics, cause nothing happened in the relationship. They didn't moved forward at all.
    7. We should see more of Boom Boom and Warpath in the spotlight.

1. Cyclops ultimately just got in the way. Maybe you could say that what happened in the end was his plan all along, but it doesn't seem like Hope training in K'un-L'un or teaming up with the Scarlet Witch was ever his plan. To give him any credit for there being more mutants again seems to miss the point that, even when he had the powers of the Phoenix, he still didn't use those powers to restart the X-gene.

2. I call Uncanny Avengers an Avengers book, because that's what it is; and it's one of the best Avengers books in years.

3. Emma's influence of and relationship with Cyclops made me like Cyclops more than I ever had before, and is definitely a factor in what made him one of my favorite characters. Even if they never get back together, they're still just my favorite superhero couple ever.

4. never read it, can't say.

5. I wouldn't mind if they were together again, but generally I find both of them more interesting separately. I'm especially liking Gambit in All-New X-Factor at the moment, so I'm in no rush to see him go anywhere else. If they got back together but he stayed with X-factor, I would trust David to make it interesting, but otherwise it doesn't interest me in itself.

6. I like how Emma and Cyclops are still running a team together despite being exes; it shows both their dedication to their cause and, I think, the true strength of their friendship.

7. Warpath, big yes; Boom Boom, couldn't care less. Warpath's a favorite for me, so I'm always happy to see him around, but I also et that he's not a character that really fits in a lot of stories. Boom Boom's just never interested me.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XsPectre28

@time said:

1) Cyclops saved the species, a lot of people tend to think this is true. I don't. I think Cyclops contributed to saving the mutant race, but didn't saved the mutant race. Hope Summers, Scarlet Witch and the Phoenix Force save the mutant race.

2) Uncanny Avengers is one of the worst X-Men titles, if you can call it X-Men title.

3) Emma Frost has help Cyclops become the man he today and she done more for Cyclops than Jean Grey ever did. A common statement made by a lot of X-Men fans. I think this completely untrue, it sounds like people are giving Emma Frost too much credit.

6) Emma and Scott breaking up was best thing for X-Men comics, cause nothing happened in the relationship. They didn't moved forward at all.

1) who offered mutants safe haven during all the crisis' that plagued mutants since M-day. who knew that the Phoenix force was returning to help advance/save mutants? Cyclops. Scarlet Witch didnt do anything in the advancement of the Mutant Race all she was trying to do was make an amends for nearly destroying the mutant race so i wouldnt even say she helped save the mutant race all she did was help set it back on track.

3) said before that both jean & Emma were needed to make scott the man he is today. Scott needed Jean to keep him grounded as a person (Without Jean's Influence Scott never would have given up the Phoenix Force once he went Dark Phoenix it was because of jean that he was reminded of his flaws & his Humanity) and Emma made him harder, more prepared to sacrifice any and everything in defense of his friends, family, race.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I believe that Scott did save the species...there was a long period between House of M and AvX, and during that time Mutants were targeted even more because there were so few left. He lead them out of the darkest time in mutant history and kept them alive, even when the actual government was targeting them (dark reign). He saved them by making sure there was still a species to be saved when the time came. Most others were basically just considering Utopia their last stand until they eventually died out, they had given up on saving the species. But Scott had faith that Hope was something special, and in the end he was proven right. Was he the one who pulled the trigger that restarted the race.....no, that was Hope....but he knew that would be the case all along, so he saved them by making sure they were still there for Hope to do whatever it was she was supposed to do.

2. Uncanny Avengers is not an X-book...its an Avenger book....but its still pretty good. It helps when you have a self-contained story that doesn't have to get tied up in event craziness

3. I think its completely true, but to be fair MANY characters and events have helped shape Scott into the person he is today. Though in terms of her making him the leader he is today...yes, she has had a huge influence. Scott in the past was often unsure of himself, preferring to lock away his demons and faults and let them fester inside of him. Emma gave him far more confidence in the leadership role, she taught him to confront his issues rather than hide them away or avoid them. And when some of his doubts did creep back out behind closed doors, or even if Emma was having doubts, the two were there to support each other.

4. Only reason I really cared about it was Colossus and Domino, and on occaision Dr. Nemesis because if find him hilarious. Cable I honestly don't care about.

5. eh, never had much of an opinion on either character.

6. disagree, their relationship was probably the best and most real example of a relationship in comics. Plenty happened to them both, and they generally overcame those challenges together. When Scott felt unsure of himself, Emma gave him confidence. When Emma felt like she didnt belong or wasn't good enough, Scott reminded her that she was. The relationship advanced them both as characters well past what they had been when they started. Not to say the break up was a bad thing...a lot happened to them at the end of AvX, breaks can be good/needed. But the fact that even after separating they are still close is a testament to how successful they were together.

7. I could stand to see more of them both.....but id rather the new mutants (Pixie, Dust, Hellion, Cannonball, ect) get more focus.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

@time said:

1) Disagree. I think he did save it, because, let's face it Scarlet Witch and most of the other "X-Men" did crap but sit around and let things happen to them when it came to saving mutants as a whole. He did something, and because of that, he gets blamed for not staying on the sidelines. Just like real life. Just to put it out there: Hope Summers is/was a tool. Scarlet Witch destroyed her race/sub-species and still acted like she held some high ground. The Phoenix Force is PIS that empowers bad writing and the only reason it "saved" anything was because it is apparently too stupid to choose a good host.

2) Agree.

3) Agree. Oddly, I think Emma's character was diminished by the partnership, and Scott loses some positive qualities, as well. They are more interesting together then Jean and Scott was, but then again, comics have a tendency to denigrate balanced relationships where both partners like each other, get along, and can work together. Not enough angst, I guess.

4) Disagree. Cancelling that title was a good idea.

5) Agree. Those characters just clicked really well. Ironically, they would work better thematically with Rogue's reversion to her base powerset where she is a thief, and his background as a thief. They would seem to fit together perfectly now more than before.

6) Disagree. I think both characters were diminished, but it would be unfair to say that Emma didn't push Scott to be more independent and aggressive from their relationship.

7) Agree. Mainly because I'm sick of seeing the same old characters all the time.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

1. I agree that Scott contributed to saving the species. I dont just look at the P5 thing but his overall actions since House of M. I give him more credit than most of the other xmen at least.

2. I happen to consider Uncanny Avengers both an X-title and an Avengers title. Basically an amalgam of the two that is a follow-up to AVX. i dont think you can call it one or the other since it contains both and its quite mutant-centric. The constant bickering over the name is funny though and makes me wish they'd just named it Uncanny Defenders or this could have been A+X. IMO its the best out of all the stuff Marvel is printing. I say this but Im also torn because I hate Xmen running over to be Avengers. I wish it was Remender with two x-books instead of Bendis.

3. No one person shapes another person. Rather its a combination of relationships and events.

4. Disagree. The title was ok at best and really didnt matter either way.

5. It doesn't really matter to me. They are kind of iconic so them getting back together would be fine for me as long as the focus is not solely on that.

6. Disagree. I think they played well off each other. I think when written well neither needs to take a backseat to the other and both are good co-leaders.

7. Agree. In fact I wouldn't stop there because there are several characters that should see more time. From New Mutants to Generation X to New Xmen. Its ridiculous to have the same characters in the multiple books all the time

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adamTRMM

1) Scarlet Witch has nothing to do with restoring mutants. Cyclops arranged it all to happen.

2) This title was absolutely gold with the introduction of the Twins and assassination of a Celestial, pretty much right after issue #14 where triple death nonsense happened, everything went downhill.

3) Not really.

4) CAXF was lame, current X-force is much better and Hopeless is doing much better on Avengers Undercover right now.

5) Nah.

6) Agreed, romances are generally overrated.

7) Yes! Uncanny needs Jimmy, so does X-force, and XX-men, and X-factor, I mean, every title!

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Disagree, if you remove him from the equation it falls apart and the mutants don't come back, they don't even survive to get a chance to come back.

2) Disagree, It's alright, not great but alright.

3) Disagree, I think Emma has indeed done more in the shaping of Scott's character than Jean did though they were both needed to get him to where he is today.

4) Agreed. It was making money and was just getting into some good arcs when they pulled the plug on it. Hopeless finally had a base to work off of by the end of the run.

5) Disagree, their relationship was going nowhere, besides, isn't she dead right now?

6) Disagree. Nothing happened? I would say their relationship had a great dynamic. How do you think it's supposed to go?

7) Agree/Disagree More Boom-Boom, Warpath I could care less about.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@time said:

Not sure which your asking if i agree with but I Agree Cyclops Saved the species how the story was written if he would not have made his stand then Hope, and the Scarlet witch would of never did what they did thus Cyclops was right :-p

Not an X man title

Eh i think it was way more the Emma, hes been through alot darker times with her so yea

Totally agree

Agreed

Disagree

Agree

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Yes, it wasn't only him though.

2. I didn't like it.

3. She definitely helped him, especially in Whedon's run, but so did Jean.

4. Agree, I found it way more enjoyable than having Fantomex shoved down my throat and listening to Psylocke whine about how sad it makes her that she murders people. Even if it was more of a "fun" book than a serious one, it was awesome, and reminded me of the 90's X-Force. (The cast was WAY better than this new series too. Oh, and Cable didn't dress like Naruto's grandpa in CaXF either.)

5. They were a great couple, but I really wouldn't care either way at this point. And as oldnightcrawler said, Gambit is pretty awesome in All New X-Factor.

6. No comment.

7. Yes. Warpath is, and has always been one of my favorite X-Men, and Boom Boom is always hilarious. I've liked her since old school X-Force, and she was great with Domino, Forge, and Doc Nemesis in Cable and X-Force. We also need Karma back... immediately.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

has always been one of my favorite X-Men, and Boom Boom is always hilarious. I've liked her since old school X-Force, and she was great with Domino, Forge, and Doc Nemesis in Cable and X-Force. We also need Karma back... immediately.

Yes. Writers have a bad habit of pushing her into character limbo by giving her off-screen things to do.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

I think that while Norman was running the Avengers, he did a lot more than that. He demonstrated that Norman was not unbeatable, and was not the the person he was trying to project after the Skrull invasion, and gave mutants an option past joining his cast of villains. But the only in character thing I can think for AvX was... Cyclops hit Captain America because Jean made her best choices as Phoenix while they were fighting the Imperial Guard and it was the only way to recreate that. (And he lacked a lot of information due to Jean's silence on the matter.) Otherwise, you have him completely ignoring Bishop's warning that she triggers the Sentinel take-over and the future that turned Rachel into a Hound.

X-Men not even in the title...

Cyclops fails at personal relationships.

Not every mutant team has to be X-Men or X- villains.

Gambit only chased her because he couldn't have her.

See 3

Valley girl that blows stuff up, aka Jubilee 2? Why? Not saying she can't have interesting stories, but what about her deserves time more than the 1000 other unused Marvel characters?

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Yeah, I agree, kinda. It's hard to deny that Cyclops has had a central role in defending the mutant race the last few years.

2) Definately don't agree! Just like Uncanny X-men, this series has been amazing. Wouldn't call it a X-title tough.

3) Hmm, I won't deny that Jean has influenced Cyclops. It would be sad if this wasn't the case, but I'd say that Emma's influence has been bigger and most of all much more interesting.

4) Followed the series, but I didn't think it was that good. Just don't really like Hopeless as a writer (might be just me)...

5) Nah, we've seen that, move on already.

6) Like I said, I think their relationship was interesting. That said, I have to agree that near the end the relationship lost it charm, probably due to the writer at the time (Fraction?). I wouldn't say them breaking up was a good thing, I think under a good writer there stil was potential for them.

7) Boomer, definately (a good thing from Cable and X-force), Warpath, don't really care.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

1) Agree

2) Agree

3) TOTALLY Agree

4) Disagree, only 'cause I never read the book

5) Agree, they are kind of made for each other... Like Lois and Clark, or Jean and Cyclops, or MJ and Spidey (Oh wait, none of these couples are together right now.)

6) I agree because I hate them together, but I wasn't aware that they broke up. Uncanny X-Men is not on my pull-list... Someone please elaborate on this.

7) Don't really care for Warpath but Boom Boom needs to make a comeback. Half-agree.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) As much as I think Cyclops is perfect and everything good that happens is because of his fabulousness (;D), you're definitely right. He didn't save the mutant race, he just assisted a lot. :)
    2) Yeah, it was a bad idea.
    3) Ugh, I don't see how anyone could say she did more for him than Jean. Scott did a lot of changing in his life before he even met Emma. Jean is probably responsible for a lot of his maturing, really. Emma just helped to bring out his harsher side.
    4) The world always needs Cable and the X-Men.
    5) YES YES YES
    6) Meh. I don't really see any emotion in their relationship. I kinda see it as Cyclops just having a pretty girl on his arm, so I don't reall care so much what happens with it. xD Plus, Jott for life!
    7) Boom Boom is awesome! YES! And Warpath is pretty cool too, so totally agree. :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

1. Agree

2. Disagree

3. Agree

4. Agree

5. Meh...I like Rogue and Gambit doing their own thing for a while vs getting back together.

6. Agreed but Never really thought much of them as a couple.

7. Disagree

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

1) True

2) I liked Uncanny Avengers but then the plot line got really confusing and convoluted so I stopped reading.

3) I agree, I think Emma Frost is a manipulate ***** who has helped Cyclops onto a darker path.

4) Cable is awsome

5) I always liked them together

6) I don't know if was the best thing for the comics, it's definitely better for Cyclops, but what's good for a character doesn't always make for a better story.

7) Warpath, I never liked Boom Boom.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

3. I think Emma did help Scott a bit but for me Jean shaped Scott more.. ( maybe im just a bit biased since I like jean and Scott better)

5. Yes I really want their relationship to last.

6. Yah I think so too

7. yeah i kinda agree they should be more active in the comics but being in the spotlight is still too much for them lets take it one step at a time.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@time said:

1. Agree.
    2. Agree.
    3. Disagree.
    4. Disagree.
    5. Disagree.
    6. Agree with the first sentence. Disagree with the second sentence.
    7. Disagree about Boom Boom. Agree about Warpath.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

1. Disagree. Cyclops did his best to keep the species alive, but it was the Phoenix Forced that ultimately saved it.
    2. Not the worst but not the best either. I did enjoy Rogue and Wanda's feud and the banter lol.
    3. Emma Frost is partially responsible for Cyclops persona today and has helped in many ways. However to say she did more for him than Jean Grey is beyond obsurd. Jean has had to save his ass on more than one occasion and has helped him in regards to leading his team (X-Factor). Hell she is the reason Emma and Scott are together in the first place lol so technically Jean is responsible for it all.
    4. Agreed I hate to see a good X-title go
    5. Agreed but it should be done in a great way. Both characters have a lot of potential to be explored and their relationship should be handled as such.
    6. Disagreed. Emma's character is being wasted and its a shame. I would like to see her branch off and form her own school/hideout. She has the resources and funds.
    7. Disagree. They are both boring.
    Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

1. Hope saved the race. She was the messiah child, duh! :-)
    2. Don't know, haven't read it
    3. Scott was a total Wuss (yes, with a capital W) before Emma. And Scott in turn made Emma a better person. I'm a big fan of their relationship.
    4. No opinion.
    5. Agree
    6. I don't mind that they broke up, because they are still together, and still have an interesting relationship.
    7. Not a fan of either.
    Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@time said:

1. Cyclops contributed in an extremely, important and crucial way but as for saving the mutant race, that would be Hope, Wanda and PF.

2. That book to me is an Avengers book, with the X-Men making guest appearances. I haven't particularly enjoyed how a few X-Men characters have been depicted but the story over-all has been enjoyable. That's good enough for me.

3. Cyclops is who he is because of who he is. I really wish people would stop defining all three of these characters based on their relationships with each other (and throw Wolverine into the mix to finish this off). Jean was great for Scott as he became a young, mature teenager into an older, responsible and spectacular leader. Emma is great for the man Scott is today because while I don't agree with what Scott has done and his stance at the moment, Emma would have never left his side. Not just because she still loves him (and she does), but because of the respect and admiration she has for him as an X-Man and leader. Jean is one of my most favourite characters and I don't mean to make it seem she has any less love for Scott for what I am about to say, but, I do believe Jean would have walked over to Wolverine's side during the whole Schism debacle. Not because she would have chosen Wolverine but because she would have placed students first. As in, getting to be children with the right to experience their lives as children, rather than soldiers. Jean and Emma love their students equally, but their philosophy towards how they should be treated are very different. Right now, Scott and Emma are much more aligned in that respect and that's what gives more substance to Emma and Scott's relationship. So yes, if people say Emma has done more for Scott than Jean, I would disagree strongly when taking Scott's life under consideration as a whole. Not just when he became the leader of the X-Men.

4. Agreed. But I am giving the new run a chance. (Unless you mean this new run? It's not cancelled, not that I heard, anyway.)

5. You are preaching to the choir because there is nothing I would like more. Gambit and Rogue for-evs!!!

6. No. My reaction to this comment is a direct opposite one from number five, haha. I am waiting for them to get back together. I had tried to accept it, under the impression Emma would get some panel time and character focus out of it, but that hasn't happened so the break up was unnecessary. One of the most weird decisions Bendis made, in my opinion.

7. Yes! I would love to see more Boom Boom and Warpath.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

1) Cyclops saved the species, a lot of people tend to think this is true. I don't. I think Cyclops contributed to saving the mutant race, but didn't saved the mutant race. Hope Summers, Scarlet Witch and the Phoenix Force save the mutant race. Personally I think he is a step what Professor X needed to become and step down from what Magneto X. He is inbetween he is trying to do whats right for Mutant kind with Professor X teachings but with a much heavier hand.

2) Uncanny Avengers is one of the worst X-Men titles, if you can call it X-Men title. Its an Avengers/Xmen title that's why it is good. It deals with more then just the X-men.

3) Emma Frost has help Cyclops become the man he today and she done more for Cyclops than Jean Grey ever did. A common statement made by a lot of X-Men fans. I think this completely untrue, it sounds like people are giving Emma Frost too much credit. Emma Frost is a villain and I don't see her as anything other then a Villain. I am old school so ehhh. =)

4) Marvel never should of cancel Cable and X-Force. Never Cable so I am ok with it.

5) Rogue and Gambit should get back together. PLEASE GOD NO!

6) Emma and Scott breaking up was best thing for X-Men comics, cause nothing happened in the relationship. They didn't moved forward at all. They did do somethings. Scott did need Emma to work out the loss of Jean but Emma was no replacement.

7) We should see more of Boom Boom and Warpath in the spotlight. Ok, I would personally would love to see more Longshot, without Dumbpool but thats just me.

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bubba_Hyde

@time said:

Hope saved the mutants, Cyclops killed the professor on a power trip.

Pretty much

She definitely helped him become the horses *** he is today.

True. That series was so much fun, something important happened in every issue, but it never got too dark and heavy. Hopeless really made me love Hope, she was tough, but vulnerable and she was smart. My only complaint is he continued what Ellis started and wrote Boom-Boom like an idiot.

Off topic, but this puts me in a real bind, I love Ellis because he developed Rahne into a strong character after years of being mishandled, but then he turns Tabitha, a tough and capable character with tons of potential, into Paris effing Hilton with powers....seriously, what the hell man?!

yes

I can't stand either of them, don't really care what happens to them.

Absolutely, but only if they write Boomer like she supposed to be, not Paris *^%$ Hilton with powers. Warpath needs some real character development. I'd love to see Rahne back in the spotlight, but this time she needs to be written by someone who won't ignore years of character development to fit his "agenda."

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

1) Cyclops was right. Whilst it wasn't his actual doing, he did begin Hope's preparation to hosting the Phoenix Force. Scarlet Witch saved Hope from immediately going full Dark Phoenix.... not the mutant species. The Phoenix Entity restored the mutant gene. Hope was the vessel. The Universe itself saved mutantkind.

2) Uncanny Avengers is not an X-title. It's an Avengers book tainting the good name of Havok. So on this alone we agree.

3) I completely disagree with you on this. Emma has been far better for and more influential upon Scott than Jean ever was. Jean was a stabilising influence, it's true... but she did nothing (or at least not very much) to help him grow as a person. Emma's influence has been significantly greater. I'm not discounting events and issues that arose to help shape Cyclops (most especially being host to Apocalypse and "No More Mutants") but of the two women, Emma helped make him the man he is more than Jean.

4) Hated this book. Hate Cable. Hate Hope. Nemesis was the best part of this series.

5) I despise Rogue and Gambit as a couple. Gambit was only ever interested coz she was the ultimate forbidden fruit. Rogue needs a proper man (Gambit's a man, yes, but he's got his flightiness issues) - i actually much prefer Rogue with Magneto.

6) This is the most patently untrue thing you could possibly say. They developed through their psychic affiar into a proper romance and partnership. They built a nation together. They taught and protected (and lost) students. The Phoenix Five ended them, rather spectacularly. You're mad if you think nothing happened with them. NOTHING happened in the relationship between Scott and Jean - except for continual whining about the Phoenix, Maddy Pryor, Cable, the Apocalypse future Cable grew up in... sheesh... thirty years of nothing.

7) Disagree with both. Tabitha is unnecessary, we have Jubilee - who is a far better developed character filling much the same role (even without mutant powers). James is more interesting, but there are so many more interesting characters. He had his epic moment in Necrosha - he got to kill a goddess-rising. His power set is hardly unique, his character design is dull, his presented character traits are echoed in Colossus even in Wolverine.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Agree but Wanda really didn't do anything but help stop the P5
    2. Agree
    3. They've both helped each other change and grow. I don't think she deserves all the credit just like when people say Cyclops is the sole reason for her being a better person.
    4. Agree
    5. Agree
    6. Disagree The relationship went as far as it could. Scott has already gotten married twice and both of his wives have died. Emma isn't the type to marry no matter how much she loves someone. They worked as a couple without adding extra drama.
    7. Agree I like both of them

Ha, someone in the vine who understands real relationships.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: okay, you don't like the book, but how is being an avenger "tainting the good name of havok" in any way? I really don't get that statement...

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By devilsgrin81

@djainess said:

@devilsgrin81: okay, you don't like the book, but how is being an avenger "tainting the good name of havok" in any way? I really don't get that statement...

it's a reflection of the commonly held belief among x-fans (not ALL fans, but i'll boldly state MOST) that any X-Man who joined the Avengers after AvX is a traitor to the x-men, and to mutantkind in general. Havok always had great potential. Indeed... the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire was a great Havok series - he shone brightly in it. His potential is squandered in the Avengers where he's the "leader" on a team that includes their most iconic leader Captain America. Cheap publicity stunt for the Avengers. A betrayal of his own people for Havok.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djainess said:

it's a reflection of the commonly held belief among x-fans (not ALL fans, but i'll boldly state MOST) that any X-Man who joined the Avengers after AvX is a traitor to the x-men, and to mutantkind in general. Havok always had great potential. Indeed... the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire was a great Havok series - he shone brightly in it. His potential is squandered in the Avengers where he's the "leader" on a team that includes their most iconic leader Captain America. Cheap publicity stunt for the Avengers. A betrayal of his own people for Havok.

Well I guess I'm not one of those fans then :p. In my opinion there we're no real 'good guys' in AvX, both teams did stupid things. But the point of Havok and Rogue joining in an avengers team was to restore the relationships between the teams and to honor Xaviers dream, so I really don't see why people would Havok as a traitor, apart for the fact that those people maybe don't like the avengers in general, I don't know. Anyway, I suppose you didn't the whole series? Because Havok has been great in it. Step by step he strengthened his leadership spot despite Cap being in the team. He's doing great now too on planet X (wel great as in he's a good character, not that good things happened to him storywise).

That said, I appreciate your answer. You are right that a lot of X fans don't like this series, but I never read a real argument for it :).

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1) Agree

2) Agree

3) TOTALLY Agree

4) Disagree, only 'cause I never read the book

5) Agree, they are kind of made for each other... Like Lois and Clark, or Jean and Cyclops, or MJ and Spidey (Oh wait, none of these couples are together right now.)

6) I agree because I hate them together, but I wasn't aware that they broke up. Uncanny X-Men is not on my pull-list... Someone please elaborate on this.

7) Don't really care for Warpath but Boom Boom needs to make a comeback. Half-agree.

Pretty much this...Boom Boom Need To Make A Comeback...

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5. Jean made scott the leader he needed to be at the time without her scott could have broken and run dooming the X men. Emma made scott into the man he needed to be to lead not only the X men but all of mutant kind.

Both woman have being important in scott's maturing.

As for the rest right now the X men books are so ugg I don't really care.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@cutter: Better yet, Nextwave needs a comeback!

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

1) Cyclops saved the species: Agree

2) Uncanny Avengers is one of the worst X-Men titles, if you can call it X-Men title: Not a bad title, but not a good X-Men title

3) Emma Frost has help Cyclops become the man he today and she done more for Cyclops than Jean Grey ever did: Agree, controversial one, but I agree.

4) Marvel never should of cancel Cable and X-Force: Agree, I haven't even read any of the new X-Force book. Cable and the X-Force was a really nice, underrated title.

5) Rogue and Gambit should get back together: Nah, I'm not feeling it

6) Emma and Scott breaking up was best thing for X-Men comics, cause nothing happened in the relationship. They didn't moved forward at all: Disagree, especially on the nothing happened in the relationship part

7) We should see more of Boom Boom and Warpath in the spotlight: Agree! Especially Warpath

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

1) who offered mutants safe haven during all the crisis' that plagued mutants since M-day. who knew that the Phoenix force was returning to help advance/save mutants? Cyclops. Scarlet Witch didnt do anything in the advancement of the Mutant Race all she was trying to do was make an amends for nearly destroying the mutant race so i wouldnt even say she helped save the mutant race all she did was help set it back on track.

3) said before that both jean & Emma were needed to make scott the man he is today. Scott needed Jean to keep him grounded as a person (Without Jean's Influence Scott never would have given up the Phoenix Force once he went Dark Phoenix it was because of jean that he was reminded of his flaws & his Humanity) and Emma made him harder, more prepared to sacrifice any and everything in defense of his friends, family, race.

well said but emma made him harder? he was always hard and emotionless........

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EC2277

@time said:

1) I disagree because Hope had did what Cyclops had trained her.

2) I don't read Uncanny Avenger; for now.

3) I agree ad it is a pity: Jean Grey was killed without an her evolution. I think with the right writer what have did Emma for Scott Jean would did equally well because the character are like actors: they play the role who the director (or the writer) had wrote for their.

4) I didn't read C&X-F.

5) I don't know.

6) I disagree: I think Bendis have a project for Scott Summers (old and young) and for Jean Grey (only for the young?) and in this project to continue the relationship with Emma was an obstacle.

7) I don't read X-Force.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@time said:

1. I would say so.
    2. Totally disagree. It's an Avengers book, but it's pretty dang good.
    3. Yep. Jean brought out his insecurities, and Emma's relationship with Scott was better for him, and she helped him become the person he wanted to be.
    4. Never read it; I'm not a huge fan of the X-Force.
    5. Don't care. I don't mind them as a couple, but I also don't care if they get back together.
    6. Disagree. They're one of my favorite superhero couples.
    7. Don't care.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.