Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Disney+ reviving the 90's X-Men

bloodstorm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
    One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BEST NEWS EVER!

lol for a moment i thought this was the fan project i keep hearing lol but no this is the real thing!

i hope they do a good job the comics have been a little lack lusterk i wish for some GOOD stories that are new, not just the old stuff.

i hope they give Gambit some good stories hes my favorite and no one really gives him a chance to shine :(

bloodstorm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me Gambit, Rogue and some Storm-especially when she commands mother nature haha

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh....we kinda heard rumblings of this for a few years.

It truthfully just depends on what it chooses to do..... I mean there is ALOT of modern story you can tell based on the MASSIVE changes to the source material since 92.

That said it also had it's own feel, it's own plots and its own continuity that it could tap into for source material....

Idk, I'm among a vocal minority that wants an X-Men cartoon based on the post Morrison -> Decimation Era teams so this kinda just misses me because I wasnt on this particular nostalgia train.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All for this!

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bloodstorm67: I'd rather they spin out of the more recent Wolverine and the X-Men and dive into Age of Apocalypse as eluded to in the final episode, or even pick up where the Original Animated Series left off (maybe excluding the 5th season) where supposedly Bishop and Psylocke join the team like in the X-Men '92 limited series, OR what if they revisited X-Men: Evolution, but as a fully realized adult team and call it X-Men: Revolution!...but what's probably going to happen is a retelling of the same stories for a new, younger audience with the same core cast. Xavier. Scott. Jean. Ororo. Logan. Call me a pessimist.

I'm also curious if they'll go for the classic animation style or follow the trend of chibiing everything like Steven Universe. (I mean, Storm in the style of Garnet would be pretty cool, right?)

bloodstorm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Omg i also enjoyed Wolverine and X-Men. That would be awesome, i can't believe they canceled it

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
    One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me Gambit, Rogue and some Storm-especially when she commands mother nature haha

YES! Gambit is my favorite i also love Storm and Rogue and Nightcralwer what do you think would be some interesting stories or arcs they should cover??? i know some love x-factor i havent read it yet tho

bloodstorm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another battle between X-Men and the Shi'ar. Rogue and Gladiator was epic, Storm needs another shot. It was cut short

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather have a revival of X-Men Evolution, since they never got to do the Phoenix Saga like they wanted.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

It truthfully just depends on what it chooses to do..... I mean there is ALOT of modern story you can tell based on the MASSIVE changes to the source material since 92.

That said it also had it's own feel, it's own plots and its own continuity that it could tap into for source material....

Idk, I'm among a vocal minority that wants an X-Men cartoon based on the post Morrison -> Decimation Era teams so this kinda just misses me because I wasnt on this particular nostalgia train.

I am one of those who is on the nostalgia train. Yet, I am a bit apprehensive about bringing it back.

I do agree there is a lot of potential they can do with what they have, whether they go more comic accurate or by the previous continuity.

That said, my problem is with the way of some of the character portrayals. Magneto, Rogue, Charles Xavier, Shadow King, Gambit, Beast, and Apocalypse were just fine for how they were characterized.

But there are a lot of decisions back then that I don’t think would work in a more modern setting. Jean is obviously the first thing that comes to mind. Yet, we also have things like Storm’s speeches before casting her powers (as hilarious as the concept is nowadays), Jubilee’s uh.....”energetic” personality, and Archangel’s obsessive bloodlust. Cyclops and Wolverine‘s character I am a bit indecisive about. On the one hand, I would love a Scott that comes into his own like the comics and a Wolverine that kind of spends more time as a teacher for the younger generation, yet their characters back then worked real well off each other and still do, if I‘m honest.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
    @koays said:

I am one of those who is on the nostalgia train. Yet, I am a bit apprehensive about bringing it back.

I do agree there is a lot of potential they can do with what they have, whether they go more comic accurate or by the previous continuity.

That said, my problem is with the way of some of the character portrayals. Magneto, Rogue, Charles Xavier, Shadow King, Gambit, Beast, and Apocalypse were just fine for how they were characterized.

But there are a lot of decisions back then that I don’t think would work in a more modern setting. Jean is obviously the first thing that comes to mind. Yet, we also have things like Storm’s speeches before casting her powers (as hilarious as the concept is nowadays), Jubilee’s uh.....”energetic” personality, and Archangel’s obsessive bloodlust. Cyclops and Wolverine‘s character I am a bit indecisive about. On the one hand, I would love a Scott that comes into his own like the comics and a Wolverine that kind of spends more time as a teacher for the younger generation, yet their characters back then worked real well off each other and still do, if I‘m honest.

The problem with characterization is that it was a very watered down version of the 90s X-Men as characters...who, when you look at them as a whole, were already seriously watered down for most of that decade in the comics.....

Once upon a time I might've enjoyed this, and in many ways i can think of possibilities where I still can....but honestly I feel like the X-Men journey of the 00's being showcased mean more to me then ressurecting, fixing or expanding a show that was great once upon a time.

I'd rather TAS stay in the past and we try a new series then to try to find a balance between TAS Storm's monologues and her modern comic persona and overall character appreciation. Like just make a new Storm.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @pyrofn said:
    @koays said:

The problem with characterization is that it was a very watered down version of the 90s X-Men as characters...who, when you look at them as a whole, were already seriously watered down for most of that decade in the comics.....

Once upon a time I might've enjoyed this, and in many ways i can think of possibilities where I still can....but honestly I feel like the X-Men journey of the 00's being showcased mean more to me then ressurecting, fixing or expanding a show that was great once upon a time.

I'd rather TAS stay in the past and we try a new series then to try to find a balance between TAS Storm's monologues and her modern comic persona and overall character appreciation. Like just make a new Storm.

I was more thinking in terms of of this were a certainty, rather than a choice between a new show and a reviving the old cartoon.

If it were a choice between the two, I think I would choose a new take as well. Though I don’t know about going with Morrison’s era. I’m thinking maybe a blend of Morrisons era and the vol 2 era of New X-Men. Something where the costumes are super heroic in a way (because that is the style nowadays and I like colors more than the matching black and yellow) from the Decimation Era and the star power of the Morrison Era.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
    @koays said:
    @pyrofn said:
    @koays said:

I was more thinking in terms of of this were a certainty, rather than a choice between a new show and a reviving the old cartoon.

If it were a choice between the two, I think I would choose a new take as well. Though I don’t know about going with Morrison’s era. I’m thinking maybe a blend of Morrisons era and the vol 2 era of New X-Men. Something where the costumes are super heroic in a way (because that is the style nowadays and I like colors more than the matching black and yellow) from the Decimation Era and the star power of the Morrison Era.

I'm just pointing out why i'm unmoved by this idea. We've see enough revivals at this point to know that bringing it back the same will invite as much critique as making changes....something which will draw less positive attention to the franchises growth and improvements over last 20 plus years then just making a new show would.

Well the Morrison Era is meh in the overall grandscheme when it comes to entertainment. The world he made is more interesting, and in many (most) ways it's one the X-Men and fandom still live in.

When I think of the 00's X-Men I think less about Morrison's "X-Men Mutant Affairs group" and more of the Reloaded Era -> Decimation where the X-Men finally seem to grow up for real as their pushed from their highest point to the brink and back.. yet still hold out for triumph. That's the tone i'd want for any series reintroducing the X-Men to an animated audience.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @pyrofn said:
    @koays said:
    @pyrofn said:
    @koays said:

I'm just pointing out why i'm unmoved by this idea. We've see enough revivals at this point to know that bringing it back the same will invite as much critique as making changes....something which will draw less positive attention to the franchises growth and improvements over last 20 plus years then just making a new show would.

Well the Morrison Era is meh in the overall grandscheme when it comes to entertainment. The world he made is more interesting, and in many (most) ways it's one the X-Men and fandom still live in.

When I think of the 00's X-Men I think less about Morrison's "X-Men Mutant Affairs group" and more of the Reloaded Era -> Decimation where the X-Men finally seem to grow up for real as their pushed from their highest point to the brink and back.. yet still hold out for triumph. That's the tone i'd want for any series reintroducing the X-Men to an animated audience.

Now that actually does sound perfect.

It would have to be simplified a bit for a more child friendly audience if they want to sell toys for it, though making it just for the streaming audiences sounds better to me for the darker elements. Not that that is impossible to do for kids shows as well. It would just take a lot of creativity to pull something like that off and be made for kids.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A show about the 92 xmen 30 years later would be rly engaging to me?

Where are the X-Men now? Etc

I dont want a watchmen depressed at the world vibe, something closer to Incredibles.

Idk where theyd go with it but I'd be most interested in that.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

this is what happens when u dont support "wolverine and the x-men" hahahahah ha ha

-.- i actually like that, should have had 3 seasons

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Should give the show a successor, if anything. I doubt they'll make a cartoon aimed at people in their 30s.

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
    ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I kinda already have X-Men 92. It would be interesting to see what they would do, although for me the most likely scenario would be a reboot OR a new cartoon.

@invain True, but sometimes I wish Marvel tried to approach more adult animated adaptations, but not in the DC shared animated film universe-with-characters-designed-by-Phil Bourassa kinda way. But I'm afraid Disney exces wouldn't allow it. Also please, please, please never let that man touch Marvel character even with a ten foot pole. Please

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Seems like a much easier and cheaper route to have Marvel go into animation with the Disney enhine behind them. They could turn out some good stuff

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

90's cartoon!!!!! back when emma was still a villain, and jean barely had any lines lmao, love it

@pyrofn :PPPPP lol

also 90's cartoon brought me to being a x-fan, brought me to comics and brought me here to the x-boards .........HAHAHAHAHAH HA HA ^.^

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember, did Cyclops ever find out Havok is his brother?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember, did Cyclops ever find out Havok is his brother?

Not on-screen.

Scarlet_Wanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see Wanda and Pietro in more forms of media, they were actually already in an episode of this show

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.