Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Dark Phoenix made me realize another problem with X3

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DevilMayehm666

The X-Men never fought Phoenix in the entire movie.

The only confrontation they have with her is Xavier getting obliterated and Jean letting Logan stab her to death with little resistance. She never actually has a battle with anybody. That makes the movie even lamer when you think about it. Especially when X2 set-up Jean as a big deal. =/

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X3 was just horrid.

It almost killed the whole series in my opinion.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@ashetdust: It’s like Infinity War having Thanos never fight the Avengers or the Guardians instead just have him snap half the universe away. Then in Endgame he lets himself get defeated without much resistance after teasing at him so much.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I heard in the latest DP trailer was “jean!” “Jean!!” “JEAN!!!” Its like the animated series Cyclops all over again

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X3 got so many things wrong. Mainly the Juggernaut defeat and the major PIS at the end, lmfao at wolverine surviving any blast from the Pheonix.

Just nonsense.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@invadedtbd: Didn’t think she was trying to kill him.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem was that they tried to cram the Gifted storyline into the Dark Phoenix Saga, which is already a story that's pretty long.

Gpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the original Dark Phoenix comic there was a lot going on, especially with the Shiar and all that, so I never expected the movie to be accurate, but I didn't expect it to be that bad either.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim: Then you obviously have it on replay of one part because Scott only yells Jeans name twice. He probably will do it more in the movie though.

Bring your alcohol. We are playing the Scott yells Jean snake drinking game again!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meanwhile, these trailers are already brimming with feats for Jean. Overpowering Magneto, surviving outside of space without a space suit, healing Jeans body and repairing her X-suit, casually batting away a lightning bolt, and lifting an entire moving train off its tracks.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666: yeah, you're right but I never understood why she would kill Cyclops and Professor X but then not want to kill Logan.

Shouldn't they be more important to her?

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invadedtbd: Her killing Xavier was understandable since he was trying to control her. But she killed Scott for no reason other than because the studio wanted it to happen.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666 said:

@invadedtbd: Her killing Xavier was understandable since he was trying to control her. But she killed Scott for no reason other than because the studio wanted it to happen.

While I do generally like to blame Fox for stuff, this one wasn't completely their fault. The actor (James Marsden) was going to play Lois' boyfriend in Superman Returns (Which was directed by guess who? Bryan Singer), and had to wrap up his role in X3 faster. The way they handled it though is on them.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: Yeah, I know about why they did it. But ultimately they shouldn’t have rushed the movie.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah and the entire Avengers team never assembled to fight Thanos at once... does that make it a failure. I don’t understand your logic at all.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: Thanos engages many, if not all the heroes in the movie. It’s not that Jean doesn’t face the full X-Men, she almost doesn’t face any of them, other than Xavier and Logan and dusting no-name Z-list mutants.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@rabumalal: And she dusts Cyclops though that happened offscreen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.