Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Cyclops - The Potential of Alpha

• 57 results
    Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

This thread is gonna be about Cyclops's potential, and what possible powers he might develop if he ever reaches his full potential, we are gonna look through some examples that will give us enough overall hints of what his said potential might be.

Let's start, shall we? :)

===========================================================================

No Caption Provided

==========================================================================

When it comes to Summers Brothers, their essential bread and butter is directly tied to energy manipulation, and Cyclops is no exception here, he might not be able to manipulate energy in direct way like Vulcan (not yet anyways :D), but he has shown certain energy skills, like being able to absorb and process various forms of energy.

He is able to absorb solar energy - https://imgur.com/a/2F3NL- X-Men #43 (1963)

Can absorb the lightning of Storm - https://imgur.com/a/PVi5j - X-Men Annual #3

Absorbs and metabolizes most of Havok's cosmic energy - https://imgur.com/a/xdTdw - Uncanny X-Men #128

Absorbs Jean Grey's psionic energy and Havok's cosmic energy - https://imgur.com/a/RUKye- Uncanny X-Men #65

Is able to channel Phoenix energy through his eye beams - https://imgur.com/a/E5WPP- X-Factor #50

As you can see Cyclops is capable of absorbing and channeling various forms of energy through his eye beams indicating that he can do more than just cause energy blasts and that he has certain hidden potential of energy manipulator, but what if he can do more than that, what if he can shoot energy not from his eyes but also from his hands for example.

Well, we got certain hints of that in Venom #162, where Teen Cyclops with a symbiote was capable of shooting energy beams from his hands and such, - https://imgur.com/a/IhT62

There is more to all of these as well, during Black Vortex story arc, the BV mirror unlocked Teen Cyclops' potential and granted him various powers, he didn't have before.

But first let's look at what exactly BV mirror does, it is precisely explained as an item that unlocks one's true potential, a pretty simple explanation, - https://imgur.com/a/lzuNH

With BV mirror's potential unlock property, Cyclops was capable of flight, surviving in vacuum, control his blasts without visor, and etc... - / https://imgur.com/a/jjzbm / https://imgur.com/a/ActkT/

Later after he refused Vortex's power, it was mentioned that the said potential was still inside him i.e. buried beneath the surface, and that he could still discover the said power that was inside him, and that it is just a matter of time, - https://imgur.com/a/owX2C

When it comes to Cyclops's potential, the most proper hints we got were with Ultimate Universe's Cyclops. This Cyclops has pretty much very similar powerset as 616 Cyclops, with same problems of lack of control over his eye beams.

But during Banshee drug story arc after the injection of Banshee he finally got control over his powers and much more, showing powers we never thought he could have.

But let's at first examine, what is Banshee drug, basically it is similar to kick and mutant growth hormone, but it affects each user differently, traditional mutants just get their powers enhanced or secondary mutations, but the likes of Cyclops and Rogue who have "broken" mutant abilities, Banshee for them just gives a fix i.e. control, - https://imgur.com/a/Q5Bjq

Now back to Ultimate Cyclops, with Banshee fixing his abilities, Cyclops displayed various exotic powers like super-strength/durability, super-speed, flight, super-senses (hearing and etc...), control over his eye beams and etc... - https://imgur.com/a/nSpKv

Ult Cyclops explains that he could manipulate energy to energize his entire body for various super-human powers and shows ability to see astral/ghost form of PF Jean and managed to damage the said intangible projection, - https://imgur.com/a/1zBkN

He also was capable of damaging PF Jean with his blast and super-strength, - https://imgur.com/a/z9LZl

Later, he showcased ability to generate ruby energy aura to cover himself, vast flight speed, ability to survive in vacuum without oxygen as well as talk there, and during his fight with Phoenix Force Jean, he claims that he is just as powerful as her if not more, and then proceeds to overpower her, but before he could defeat her, the Banshee drug effect wears off, and his powers return back to their broken state, - https://imgur.com/a/QqeqT

So ladies and gentlemen as you can see from these various examples, it is rather clear that Cyclops has vast untapped potential of a very powerful energy manipulator, which he might possibly unlock in the future, he might not be or become as powerful as his brother Vulcan, given Scott's alpha level status, but there is a potential for him to become an energy manipulator capable of bending and manipulating various forms of energies, and using them for many applications, - from classic Superman-esque powerset to more esoteric ones as well.

==========================================================================

What do you think about this people? Share your thoughts. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lord_spectrum: I want him to go through "god quaary" & attain those abilities by mistress death.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he could develop the ability to be an interesting character that would be pretty neat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If he could develop the ability to be an interesting character that would be pretty neat.

:(

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PyroFN  Online
    PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PyroFN  Online

I personally wouldn’t like the idea of such a powerful Cyclops unless we are doing another alternate villain version that looked like Basilisk. I wouldn’t mind an upgrade though, not just power wise but equipment wise to. Perhaps give him more of the soldier boy look.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want them to drop the “His eyes are actually a portal to a dimension full of concussion energy” stuff.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: i dont like it when it comes out of his hands.......yuck reminds me of sentenials ...........i like the struggling to control his power though

i remember when emma told scott "you've seen other leader hero's and how they relish there powers while scott resents it and hates in (from astonishing torn)

i like a person who can think twice then makes a move

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to add that when Adult Scott was part of the Phoenix Five, he actually had his powers fixed in the sense he could use his optic blasts without the visor. He actually kept it however, with a vague reason of how integral it was to him.

That was a nice touch.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I like broken cyclops, if you insist on an upgrade maybe able to curve his beams some kind of like homing missiles or even project multi beams in multi directions from his visor kind of like when he did the disco ball thing with jean in Blue, something like that would be cool and wouldnt bother me. Maybe even the absorbing energy to increase his stamina and power but instead of that maybe it increases his mental processing power so he can think quicker and make decisions quicker and stay one step ahead during battles

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

• Controlled Optic Blasts
    • Ambient Energy Manipulation, Projection, Absorption, Conversion
    • Energy Tactile Force Field
    • Energy Contact

Check them out on Superpower Wikia

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to add that when Adult Scott was part of the Phoenix Five, he actually had his powers fixed in the sense he could use his optic blasts without the visor. He actually kept it however, with a vague reason of how integral it was to him.

That was a nice touch.

yes i remember that too.......scott told xavier "u taught me to view the world in "singular" vision

No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By McKlayn
    @ursaber said:

@lord_spectrum:

• Energy Contact

some sort of force field might be nice ill have to look them up

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

I like broken cyclops, if you insist on an upgrade maybe able to curve his beams some kind of like homing missiles or even project multi beams in multi directions from his visor kind of like when he did the disco ball thing with jean in Blue, something like that would be cool and wouldnt bother me. Maybe even the absorbing energy to increase his stamina and power but instead of that maybe it increases his mental processing power so he can think quicker and make decisions quicker and stay one step ahead during battles

like Darkseid's omega beams.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is a good idea, but Marvel is not going to do that. But, it'll be nice seeing Scott being able to create constructs out of his eyes.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like the idea of Scott getting an upgrade. Not necessarily shooting beams out if his hands. But considering all the evidence put forth here I think it's certainly plausible that he should be given most if not all that's been mentioned.

I do think absorbing and metabolizing various forms of energy even manipulating it would work for him. I'd have it that he has an energy sense in that just like Cerebro can detect mutants activating, Scott could sense large outputs of energy and sense various forms of energy like an energy spectrum or something. I would have him use the visor though but upgrade it to where he could absorb and redirect or channel different forms of energy in blast from the visor. So he could switch the setting to light, or heat, or concussive, or psionic or whatever. I like the idea someone posted of him being able to bend his beams like homing missiles.

Though I've never considered it, but him using the energy internally to boost his stamina and endurance or speed and strength could work but I think there should be a definite limit. I'm also not against him being able to have an energy form.

Basically I think this is the way to bring him back. Just have it that his energy absorption allowed him to heal. He was sort of overwhelmed by the toxic gas and needed to recharge or reboot if you will.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

I personally wouldn’t like the idea of such a powerful Cyclops unless we are doing another alternate villain version like Basilisk. I wouldn’t mind an upgrade though, not just power wise but equipment wise to. Perhaps give him more of the soldier boy look.

Interesting, but to be fair he didn't become some all-mighty Thor-level being even with his potential unlocked, sure he did become powerful, he was more like essentially a Colossus with super-speed and energy powers.

But yeah i agree overall, no need of overpowerness, but definitely a certain upgrade is needed.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want them to drop the “His eyes are actually a portal to a dimension full of concussion energy” stuff.

Doubt it really.

Plus, Marvel recently showed that his "punch" dimension does actually exist. :D

No Caption Provided

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lord_Spectrum
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:

i dont like it when it comes out of his hands.......yuck reminds me of sentenials ...........i like the struggling to control his power though

i remember when emma told scott "you've seen other leader hero's and how they relish there powers while scott resents it and hates in (from astonishing torn)

i like a person who can think twice then makes a move

Well, it can come out of any part of his body anyways, if you want that way.

Sure, i also like struggling to control his powers Cyclops, but let's be real here, that trope has been overdone with Cyclops, it's time to move on, time to evolve.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@mcklayn said:

As i said already to another user, the broken Cyclops thing has been kinda overdone, it's time to get something new, a certain character growth basically.

Hmm....so what you are saying is essentially similar to Darkseid's Omega Beams, basically Cyke can control the direction of those blasts even they are fired.

Also, we could basically say that Cyke absorbs and directs energy directly to his brain, hence how he gets quicker brain power. But i would like Cyke with super-speed and strength as well. :D

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    • Energy Contact

Interesting, but Ult Cyke did show pretty much all of those abilities.

Even the force-field part.

No Caption Provided

So, it seems like a good upgrade to his powers overall.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good idea, but Marvel is not going to do that. But, it'll be nice seeing Scott being able to create constructs out of his eyes.

Constructs out of his eyes? Now that's just some Silver Age weirdness, how about at least from his hands, like Green Lanterns? That would be a better idea IMO.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lord_Spectrum
    @hawk2916 said:

I like the idea of Scott getting an upgrade. Not necessarily shooting beams out if his hands. But considering all the evidence put forth here I think it's certainly plausible that he should be given most if not all that's been mentioned.

Who knows? Maybe one day he will get them powers. :D

I do think absorbing and metabolizing various forms of energy even manipulating it would work for him. I'd have it that he has an energy sense in that just like Cerebro can detect mutants activating, Scott could sense large outputs of energy and sense various forms of energy like an energy spectrum or something. I would have him use the visor though but upgrade it to where he could absorb and redirect or channel different forms of energy in blast from the visor. So he could switch the setting to light, or heat, or concussive, or psionic or whatever. I like the idea someone posted of him being able to bend his beams like homing missiles.

Very interesting, this seems like a nice idea, would like to see Cyke getting this kind of upgrade as well.

Though I've never considered it, but him using the energy internally to boost his stamina and endurance or speed and strength could work but I think there should be a definite limit. I'm also not against him being able to have an energy form.

Well, yeah, his super-human stats should have definite limit, i guess maybe around Colossus level should be fine for him. Though personally i wouldn't like him having an energy form, not really fan of that.

Basically I think this is the way to bring him back. Just have it that his energy absorption allowed him to heal. He was sort of overwhelmed by the toxic gas and needed to recharge or reboot if you will.

Sounds like a good plan, and it would also essentially present Cyke's more exotic powerset as well, so yeah i definitely agree on this one for sure.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: yeah I'm not the biggest fan of an energy form either now that I really think about it

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I wrote somewhere around the board, an idea that I think is fitting all things considered, for Cyke to reveal... not a secondary mutation, but a hidden ability to further evolve... anyway, a self quote:

I'd go wild, I'd use some of the past insinuations to build up something twisted. Remember how Sinister was obsessed with Scott? I'd use it as an excuse to a revelation that Scott's X-gene sustains an exceptional latent feature that allows him to further mutate an additional components integrated into his system, or those of his offspring, thus why Sinister was so hellbent on looking out for his children, especially ones that can be born of an Omega Level Mutant herself. Now that Scott is dead, the latent feature gets activated and it reaches for all of the possibilities hidden in his own system to heal the body as a whole and it finds more than one - it finds The Void Sliver, it finds an Apocalypse/Celestial Element and it finds a Phoenix Force Echo, as he was possessed by all 3 of those! And the combination of all 3 of those you get something... magnificent. There you go for an mad and extremely overpowered "Superman" story that will wreck havoc and be conventionally unstoppable while doing so, until X-men find a way to really heal him with power of love, friendships, etc, etc, etc, reminding everyone with the right flashbacks and now legacy how important Cyclops was to the mythos as whole.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

yeah I'm not the biggest fan of an energy form either now that I really think about it

To be fair, it is also kinda doesn't fit Cyclops IMO, don't think that kind of upgrade will stick.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Nice write up, rather a crazy story it would be, but at least for sure it would be interesting to say the least, this thread is overall there to show that Cyke has potential to be more than just eye beam shooter, the potential is inside him, all it takes is a certain trigger to activate it.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

X-Men Blue #22 shows us Venom Cyclops being able to create ruby colored energy constructs, which look similar to rock/diamond and bendable blasts.

It seems that energy construct creation might be possible part of his powerset overall as well in future, if his potential gets unlocked. :D

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adamTRMM

@lord_spectrum:

Thanks. I just think instead of totally new additions it's better to use ones that have continuity basis. Not just adding out of nowhere tweaks (not to say they won't work, but that won't be as nerdgasmic), but rather explore continuity and be inspired by it. My X motto is 'respect the past but keep going forward' lol

About Venom, strange stuff. It generally only enhanced in a very specific way.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: I like the idea of drawing back on the Void, Apocalypse and even the Phoenix (gag)...maybe not the Phoenix but the other two ok. Either Cyclops rebooting and coming back even as a mad man but then rescued by the Xmen sounds great.

In the aftermath having him suffer with guilt and not really wanting to lead but going all in during a crisis possibly even in a way that can be considered reckless but all for the sake of redemption could be interesting to explore. Especially in the light of possibly having some upgrades to his original powerset like are being discussed here. (My favorites being:Controlled Optic Blasts, Energy Manipulation, Projection, Absorption, Conversion,

Energy Sensing)

This is actually in my opinion a great story but X-fandom would probably go crazy to see another story so heavily focused on him seeing as how for a decade plus he got the most development.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@adamtrmm: I like the idea of drawing back on the Void, Apocalypse and even the Phoenix (gag)...maybe not the Phoenix but the other two ok. Either Cyclops rebooting and coming back even as a mad man but then rescued by the Xmen sounds great.

In the aftermath having him suffer with guilt and not really wanting to lead but going all in during a crisis possibly even in a way that can be considered reckless but all for the sake of redemption could be interesting to explore. Especially in the light of possibly having some upgrades to his original powerset like are being discussed here. (My favorites being:Controlled Optic Blasts, Energy Manipulation, Projection, Absorption, Conversion,

Energy Sensing)

This is actually in my opinion a great story but X-fandom would probably go crazy to see another story so heavily focused on him seeing as how for a decade plus he got the most development.

It would be and the energy control would be sexy, i still like the idea of firing multiple beams from his eyes at once

No Caption Provided

something like this basically where hes contorlling where all the beams go at once, and can use them essentially as a force field instead of a traditional one. His mind, and body being enhanced along with it would be cool and some self healing to be the reason hes back to life wouldnt bother me :-p

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Blue #22 shows us Venom Cyclops being able to create ruby colored energy constructs, which look similar to rock/diamond and bendable blasts.

It seems that energy construct creation might be possible part of his powerset overall as well in future, if his potential gets unlocked. :D

first off........i dont like the diamond shape ruby.........ruby's are not diamond shape ugh.......this is just marvel sneaky way to push emma/scott

No Caption Provided

^^awful

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#35 god_spawn  Moderator

Meh. He doesn’t need an upgrade. The guy has supposed light speed beams that has blown apart mountains. Him shooting beams out of his hands is generic and ruins the need for the visor, even if he pulls a AvX with it. He doesn’t need to be doing constructs, he’s not an energy manipulator and doesn’t need to be. What makes Scott special is the fact he has such a basic ability of concussive beams, that he has become highly efficient of using with the help of constant training, the visor and dedication. Mixing this with his strategic mind and physical capabilities, Scott is a good character. Him controlling the direction of his blasts would be fine or having control of splitting his beams similar to how they were when his powers were broken but stronger at the original cost of all or nothing, then cool. They could totally give him back his classic take on his powers instead of the punch dimension too so that way he can metabolize different energy and use it for his beams, instead of absorbing sunlight and it opens the portals, but that doesn’t need to be over done or where he converts it into physical enhancements and blah. You expand his repitore too much and he becomes too much like Vulcan in terms of powerset and he loses a big part of himself. Scott’s fine, and honestly if they ever wanted to give him an upgrade, the guy has a whole universe of energy at his disposal. An upgrade would literally just be as simple as being able to use more of it without nearly killing himself in the process.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that venom crap from Xmen blue?!! Yeah no thank you. Let's never refer to that garbage

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#37 god_spawn  Moderator
    PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PyroFN  Online

@lord_spectrum: I say when you are capable of traveling in space, you are at least near Superman base level speed and durability. I may be generalizing a bit, but breaking the Earths atmosphere is no small feat.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Thanks.

You are welcome. ^_^

I just think instead of totally new additions it's better to use ones that have continuity basis. Not just adding out of nowhere tweaks (not to say they won't work, but that won't be as nerdgasmic), but rather explore continuity and be inspired by it. My X motto is 'respect the past but keep going forward' lol

True, it's a rather good idea using already existing material, and not do a typical a**-pull, and honestly was never fan of those.

And that's a nice motto you have got *proceeds to steal it* :D

About Venom, strange stuff. It generally only enhanced in a very specific way.

Yeah, Venom is kinda weird to say the least.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first off........i dont like the diamond shape ruby.........ruby's are not diamond shape ugh.......this is just marvel sneaky way to push emma/scott

^^awful

To be fair, i don't get how you got that Emma/Scott think from simple ruby energy constructs. :D

But don't worry team Jott here, hehe :)

And yeah, Black Votex Cyclop's design was awful, that's a bit undeniable.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

I say when you are capable of traveling in space, you are at least near Superman base level speed and durability. I may be generalizing a bit, but breaking the Earths atmosphere is no small feat.

Well yeah breaking Earth's atmosphere is no small feat, but calling all of these near Superman-level is a bit far fetched really.

But i am sure something around Colossus level would be fine for Cyke.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Is that venom crap from Xmen blue?!! Yeah no thank you. Let's never refer to that garbage

Fair enough, some things should stay deep in the dark......

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@god_spawn:

He doesn’t need an upgrade.

Okay, but how about retconning that punch dimension?

The guy has supposed light speed beams that has blown apart mountains.

As well as damaged World War Hulk and Dormammu, yeah we know that Cyke is no joke. :)

Him shooting beams out of his hands is generic and ruins the need for the visor, even if he pulls a AvX with it.

Fair enough, we could basically make that he could do so, but personally wouldn't do it, because his traditional variation is easier for him do ala Darkseid basically, he can shoot beams from his hands, but we all know and love him for his Omega Beams.

He doesn’t need to be doing constructs, he’s not an energy manipulator and doesn’t need to be.

Energy Constructs maybe a bit far fetched (plus it was in X-Men Blue, so.....), but Cyke definitely needs a few skills of energy manipulator, like force fields (personal/skin type) and energy absorption.

Him controlling the direction of his blasts would be fine or having control of splitting his beams similar to how they were when his powers were broken but stronger at the original cost of all or nothing, then cool.

Yeah, multi-beams would be fine, and a bit of direction control like Darkseid's omega beams would be fine as well.

They could totally give him back his classic take on his powers instead of the punch dimension too so that way he can metabolize different energy and use it for his beams, instead of absorbing sunlight and it opens the portals, but that doesn’t need to be over done or where he converts it into physical enhancements and blah.

Yeah, i agree on punch dimension retcon, but let's be real just absorbing energy from his enviroment wouldn't be enough to explain the vast amount of energy expelling from his eyes 24/7 (yeah, i also don't buy the same thing with Superman as well really).

You expand his repitore too much and he becomes too much like Vulcan in terms of powerset and he loses a big part of himself.

Well, we don't necessarily need to expand his powerset straight to Vulcan esque, this thread is solely about potential, not power upgrade really, what i really tried to say is essentially hey look Cyke has potential to do this or that.

Obviously, we can do him a better form of upgrade without turning him more Vulcan-like.

Scott’s fine, and honestly if they ever wanted to give him an upgrade, the guy has a whole universe of energy at his disposal. An upgrade would literally just be as simple as being able to use more of it without nearly killing himself in the process.

Well, yeah he does have that universe.....but drawing more energy from there for stronger blasts, seems to be a bit generic and not really interesting.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I like the idea of drawing back on the Void, Apocalypse and even the Phoenix (gag)...maybe not the Phoenix but the other two ok. Either Cyclops rebooting and coming back even as a mad man but then rescued by the Xmen sounds great.

Haha your hatred for Phoenix is showing here :P But remember how awesome Rachel was with the Phoenix Echo? That's why I said echo as well lol

Yeah I thought, they called him a villain for so long without ever facing the consequence for this shittalking, and they deserve to know in the most humiliating way and to learn what does it feel to face him when he really is one... It's kind of throwback to AvX final battle, but instead of shitty scapegoat trope with precious Avengers in the mix, it's just the X's... you know what, I'd use Avengers as well. And make Scott smack them around even more haha but in the end, it's the X-men that cure his soul.

In the aftermath having him suffer with guilt and not really wanting to lead but going all in during a crisis possibly even in a way that can be considered reckless but all for the sake of redemption could be interesting to explore. Especially in the light of possibly having some upgrades to his original powerset like are being discussed here. (My favorites being:Controlled Optic Blasts, Energy Manipulation, Projection, Absorption, Conversion, Energy Sensing)

Love this development in characterization, I'd like to see him being a lonely nomad for a change, trying to figure out where he's going in this new world and in a way, rediscover himself. We've talked about that already, so where on the same page here. About powers, it's tricky because he already can level mountains. So it's not just about a powerup, it's about something fresh, yet familiar, no? Well, energy projection he already has, he just projects from the eyes. Anything else wouldn't fit IMO. Energy absorption is good, because he already has it, just to explore it a little. Maybe now he can control it to make his beams stronger? I think supercharging and then an omnidirectional discharging can also fit (like Superman's Solar Flare), but such a crazy trick will leave him completely drained. And the last thing, a controlled optic beam... well, I love this actually, but at the same time, remember his spatial awareness skill? Not to say it's redundant, but Scott is famous for his exceptional skill, so that maybe is unnecessary. That's Darkseid's trick lol but it's awesome, can't argue there.

After reviving him, they can throw him on a solo title out of leadership and other X-men beyond some cameos. All win scenario.

You are welcome. ^_^

True, it's a rather good idea using already existing material, and not do a typical a**-pull, and honestly was never fan of those.

And that's a nice motto you have got *proceeds to steal it* :D

Yeah, Venom is kinda weird to say the least.

I'm all for it, spread the word! I'm all for sharing :))

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^awful

To be fair, i don't get how you got that Emma/Scott think from simple ruby energy constructs. :D

But don't worry team Jott here, hehe :)

And yeah, Black Votex Cyclop's design was awful, that's a bit undeniable.

oh now that i think about it.......sinister also has a ruby diamond shape on her/his forehead LOL

i kinda want to see mr. sinister and miss sinister meet.........how would that go? would he think of her as a daughter?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@adamtrmm said:

I'm all for it, spread the word! I'm all for sharing :))

Nice, sharing is good.

Gotta love these kind of mottos, hehe :D

oh now that i think about it.......sinister also has a ruby diamond shape on her/his forehead LOL

i kinda want to see mr. sinister and miss sinister meet.........how would that go? would he think of her as a daughter?

Well, that might explain Sinister's obsession with Cyclops, hehehe XD

Honestly no idea really, but IMO they would betray and backstab each other, both of them thinking that they are the superior one.

On-topic: I'll try to update this thread as much as i can either with showings from past/present/future or alternate timelines/universes (if you can post examples as well, that would be great as well :D).

As well as i'll try to write up a better explanation on Cyclops's powerset, since energy from sunlight doesn't work, and a definite NO to punch dimension.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also want to say (and Im not sure you meant it this way but this is how i am reading it) That I love the fact that your calling Cyclops Alpha. He is the first X men, hes the Mold for being an X man and his Evolution is vital to the comics. I love him being referred to as Alpha.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scott's power is overshadowed by his strategic leadership...and hotness

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

It would be and the energy control would be sexy, i still like the idea of firing multiple beams from his eyes at once

No Caption Provided

something like this basically where hes contorlling where all the beams go at once, and can use them essentially as a force field instead of a traditional one. His mind, and body being enhanced along with it would be cool and some self healing to be the reason hes back to life wouldnt bother me :-p

After looking at this again, it heavily reminds me of Havok's attacks from X-Men First Class, - his attacks were also looking like rings of energy.

Loading Video...

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@mcklayn said:

I also want to say (and Im not sure you meant it this way but this is how i am reading it) That I love the fact that your calling Cyclops Alpha. He is the first X men, hes the Mold for being an X man and his Evolution is vital to the comics. I love him being referred to as Alpha.

I am gonna be honest here, i didn't put that much thought about the title or its meaning really, i chose that because it sounded cool, but glad that it actually gives this kind of vibe, after all Scott is really an Alpha. :)

@darthphoenix said:

scott's power is overshadowed by his strategic leadership...and hotness

Yeah, he is too hot even for the Phoenix. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.